GOTG Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Episode Coming August 22nd, new key art, Trailer out now

Comments

• So quite like always.

• 3:02

Now do remember our choices... They matter here.

When Telltale themselves takes the piss out of the illusion of choice :D

Though I will agree that GOTG has handled choices pretty well so far, much better than previous Telltale games. Hopefully it'll stay that way in episode 3

• Yeah... And also quiet.

Creeper1846 posted: »

So quite like always.

• Shhh!!
    Please be quiet in the Guardians section...
    captainivy1 posted: »

Yeah... And also quiet.

• My guess is that episode 3 will release on the 25th of July.

Just, uhh, putting that out there.

• edited July 2017

Most likely. Unless telltale is starting to release these every two months which I don’t mind because this game is perfect and the episodes are worth the wait so far.

Acheive250 posted: »

My guess is that episode 3 will release on the 25th of July. Just, uhh, putting that out there.

• I would be happy if that was the case, but would we still have no news when we are so close to the release, then? I think we might be looking at an August release.

My guess is that episode 3 will release on the 25th of July. Just, uhh, putting that out there.

• I'm surprised they aren't releasing it early July and sticking to (mostly) monthly releases as they did for other recent series.

• Actually, I'm fine with them taking their time with it. They've done such a good job so far in terms of the choice branching, I'd expect it to release on a 1.5 month schedule. Tales had a rocky schedule, but that turned out great!

You can't rush quality. (you know why? -->) Because if you do, you won't end up with quality.

I'm surprised they aren't releasing it early July and sticking to (mostly) monthly releases as they did for other recent series.

• edited July 2017

It just struck me.

If Telltale is going to play up that romance option with Gamora, we're still missing that one thing. The romance song. Every movie has had it so far, that being "Fooled Around and Fell In Love" for the first one.. and "Bring It On Home to Me" for the second one.
    Having some romance scene would be fine, but it just gets much better with the good music in the background.

Just sayin' Telltale: If you want this to be authentic, that's the one piece you're missing. I suggest you start your search now... (if you haven't done it already. ;))

• I'll take a bromance song for Rocket and Starlord instead. I see no romance forming between my Starlord and Gamora.

• It took me a while but I finally got around to playing episode 2 and I loved it! I'm so looking forward to episode 3.

• It really sucks that this place is so quiet.

• Then let's make it louder! XD

Seriously though you want something to happen you should do it yourself.

Let's discuss. I'll start. What are you really looking forward to in episode 3? Personally I'm really looking forward for some Gamora story time. I think we'll get to play as her via the eternity forge and I'm really looking forward to that because I really like her. She has to be my favorite right behind Rocket. Plus the small bits where we got to play as her in combat are really fun. I'm not sure why but I have a blast doing her QTE's in the Nebula fight (collector's museum) and fighting the Kree on the ship.

It really sucks that this place is so quiet.

• edited July 2017

Has anyone gotten a hard crash from the game right at the beginning of Episode 2? I bought the game from this website. I get the first 2 minutes of the episode without any problems before it sends me back to desktop. I'm trying to use the installer again to see of that will act like steam's "verify integrity of game files" option. Hope that works * fingers crossed *.

Edit: No luck :\ . Why did I have to be so generous and buy the game for full price when there was still a sale on the steam copy.

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

Has anyone gotten a hard crash from the game right at the beginning of Episode 2? I bought the game from this website. I get the first 2 min

For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your prob

• Well I’m personally exited to learn about this Tarvoll character (or however it’s spelt) or maybe seeing something like to one if the battles with Gamora and Nebula that Thanos forced them to have. Also I love the intros telltale are doing so I’m very interested in the song choice they will pick.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Then let's make it louder! XD Seriously though you want something to happen you should do it yourself. Let's discuss. I'll start. What

• I really like the codex and messages in this game, I'm sure we'll get more of those but I'm also hoping for more optional video messages. Although one thing I dislike is how the codex all have the 'updated' notification each time you have access to them again despite having read them prior.

• My experience with the game has been this...

I buy it on the Windows Store...
    (The Windows store has like 20 games in total, and has a sale each week. So Telltale games are almost NEVER at full price... Just a word of advice).

And I start playing. Turns out the resolution is bigger than my screen, and I can't play fullscreen without having half the video get cut off. And I can't change it in the in-game menu.

So I contact Telltale support and tell them about it... They don't respond.

Days later, I launch the game, and it's working just fine.
    AS I'M PLAYING I get an email from Telltale telling me they can't fix it.

So I'm assuming literal magic was involved.

Then when episode 2 came out, I bought it in-game and... It was just there, available to play. I hadn't downloaded episode 2 or updated the game.
    I just bought episode 2 and the game was all fine and dandy and I played the whole episode from start to end... Without having downloaded it.

So I think it's safe to say that SOMETHING FUCKY IS GOING ON.

• Tarvol does sound like an interesting story. My guess is that it was someone Gamora killed that she didn't have to. Seeing as Nebula said the name in response to Gamora acting high and mighty.

Well I’m personally exited to learn about this Tarvoll character (or however it’s spelt) or maybe seeing something like to one if the battle

• It's likely that whatever you played it on downloaded it automatically after you bought it.

IDredMan posted: »

My experience with the game has been this... I buy it on the Windows Store... (The Windows store has like 20 games in total, and has a s

• edited July 2017

Ok this is weird I went to go replay episode 2 on my Xbox one but it said it was qued (or something liked that) which usually happens when something like an update needs to download but there is something else downloading and the thing won’t install until that thing is done downloading. The only thing is there is nothing else downloading I wonder if I shoujd just delete and redownload the game. Anyway I wonder what the update is for.

Update: it downloaded after I just left it alone I wonder what the update is for

• Tar-Voll is probably someone Gamora will want to be revived. That's what I think at least. I imagine there will be flashbacks for each Guardian with someone they cared about.

Tarvol does sound like an interesting story. My guess is that it was someone Gamora killed that she didn't have to. Seeing as Nebula said the name in response to Gamora acting high and mighty.

• Thing is...
    I had downloaded and played episode 1 before episode 2 came out.

I'm assuming Microsoft was just downloading without my permission AGAIN.

It's likely that whatever you played it on downloaded it automatically after you bought it.

• I think so too. Which is curious since if you ask her she said she doesn't know. Though if the next time on interviews are anything to go by, Gamora might be on the "nobody should use it" boat.

Tar-Voll is probably someone Gamora will want to be revived. That's what I think at least. I imagine there will be flashbacks for each Guardian with someone they cared about.

• I wonder when guardians of the galaxy episode 3 will come out.

• Wow, there's still no news?

• I like the idea, but man that echo effect is so bad and overused.

• A whole month and 5 days and not even single mention of guardians.

• Looks like we might get some news at SDCC

Comicbook.com article

• Hopefully so! It would be exciting to finally get some news about the third episode.

ClemRanger posted: »

Looks like we might get some news at SDCC Comicbook.com article

• Wow, this takes Telltale a very long time...

• 1 month

a very long time

enter image description here

I see you're new at this.

Wow, this takes Telltale a very long time...

• Nice. I'm thinking probably an early August release.

ClemRanger posted: »

Looks like we might get some news at SDCC Comicbook.com article

• Come again when you have experienced 5 Months

Wow, this takes Telltale a very long time...

• This is what they do. They love suddenly announcing it will be out days before release. I expect final week of July or early August.

Unless its TFTBL...then all bets are off.

• edited July 2017

enter image description here
    ...anyone here?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.