GOTG Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Episode Coming August 22nd, new key art, Trailer out now

Comments

• At 4:55

First off, I would say the rocket explosion looks like a PS2-era game. But the PS2 had Metal Gear Solid 3.
    That rocket explosion looks like a PS1-era game.

And then the ship is supposed to be rumbling cause they lost an engine.
    But they just look like a bunch of assholes shaking their own chairs and pretending it's intense.

The scene has absolutely no punch. No impact. No tension.
    The scene is a waste of time.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I think the intros are the best parts if each episode. I made a comment earlier saying that’s what I was most excited for the song choices f

• edited August 2017

Okay.. I do agree that the intro for Episode 1 was pretty underwhelming.

The song choice was too slow and mellow for a space battle. I expected hard rock or something.
    And yes, that "explosion" section where they're shaking was pretty weird. Telltale could have remedied this by doing some split-screen work where you see them all on screen, in separate boxes, shaking at the same time. Doing it separately for each character made it feel disconnected.

And, if I might add.. killing Thanos was huge. But for me, it didn't have a big impact at first.
    Maybe I'm not used to the idea of superheroes killing all the bad guys, maybe I just lack knowledge about Thanos other than "He is Evil".. but it seemed to come out of nowhere all the talk of "Kill, destroy, Big gun". I felt weirdly guilty for killing someone here. (But, this ain't no Walking Dead.. This is a Marvel game!) I didn't feel any need to kill Thanos, and wasn't as shocked as the Guardians once it happened. When he died, I thought: "Okay, he's dead now. Are we in trouble?" I didn't know why this guy needed to die, I didn't know what he'd done to deserve it. He was just someone who was important enough to follow.
    Given that my only knowledge of him is from the films where you either see him sitting on a chair, looking out into the horizon, or picking up his special gauntlet.. I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

That's something I hope Telltale can improve with this later. Show me why Thanos is a very bad dude. Give me a real reason to hate him. Yes, Gamora's story of how he treated them and where they came from made me feel justified in killing him, but that was too late. I had already felt slightly guilty about it. And I'm sure there is a lot more about him I don't know yet.

IDredMan posted: »

At 4:55 First off, I would say the rocket explosion looks like a PS2-era game. But the PS2 had Metal Gear Solid 3. That rocket explosion

• I thought it was mentioned in the game that he murdered millions. He's killed so many people.

AChicken posted: »

Okay.. I do agree that the intro for Episode 1 was pretty underwhelming. The song choice was too slow and mellow for a space battle. I ex

• I don't remember that. I must have missed it.

But I feel that if there was just some way of showing us this first hand, It would have removed any worries I had about his death. I know that it was implied that he'd killed a lot of people, but maybe it was just the stakes didn't seem high for me.

I thought it was mentioned in the game that he murdered millions. He's killed so many people.

• But I feel that if there was just some way of showing us this first hand

I mean use the Time Scanner and you'll see him absolutely decimating the Nova Corps.

Of course I know Thanos from the films - and a bunch of comic stuff. I was shocked because he's so powerful. When Infinity War comes out (or at least the official, not leaked trailer) I bet you'll get a much better feel.

I don't remember that. I must have missed it. But I feel that if there was just some way of showing us this first hand, It would have rem

• edited August 2017

Oh.. I guess I was too engrossed with the humour and exploring the environment that it hadn't occurred to me one guy killed all those officers.
    I was not paying attention. Oops.

Well now I really feel justified in killing him, and I am glad that we put a stop to his murder spree.
    If only I had noticed it earlier..

But yes, I'm sure Infinity War will show off all the things he's done to get the audience out for his blood. I'm excited to learn more about him.
    (Then again, I feel like Guardians EP3 will dabble in it a bit as I think Gamora's flashback would be when she was still with Nebula and Thanos.)

But I feel that if there was just some way of showing us this first hand I mean use the Time Scanner and you'll see him absolutely d

• You have to understand...

Thanos isn't just 'a bad guy.' He is, at least in this universe, 'THE bad guy.'
    He makes Adolf Hitler look like my garbage man.

I still don't believe he's truly dead.
    I mean, it's Marvel. A character dies, they're back before the end of the year half the time.

Okay.. I do agree that the intro for Episode 1 was pretty underwhelming. The song choice was too slow and mellow for a space battle. I ex

• Thanos also killed Draxes family that’s another reason to hate Thanos.

Oh.. I guess I was too engrossed with the humour and exploring the environment that it hadn't occurred to me one guy killed all those office

• Oh, yeah I remember that. Was that revealed in the game before or after his death?

If it were revealed before, (and I had noticed it) it would probably make me hate him a lot more, given that it would be more personal.

Thanos also killed Draxes family that’s another reason to hate Thanos.

• Right.
    In the larger cosmic realm of Marvel, I know very little.

If he's that big of a deal, I guess I should pay attention then.

You have to understand... Thanos isn't just 'a bad guy.' He is, at least in this universe, 'THE bad guy.' He makes Adolf Hitler look lik

• I think it was revealed during the opening space fight or if I’m wrong I think your can optionally find out if you talk to Drax through the chat system the guardians have.

Oh, yeah I remember that. Was that revealed in the game before or after his death? If it were revealed before, (and I had noticed it) it would probably make me hate him a lot more, given that it would be more personal.

• Hmm, okay.

Yeah, hearing all these details concerning why I should hate Thanos really makes me hate Thanos now. I wish I'd know about or even noticed these things when I first played. Because I know my first impression (emotionally) of the beginning of EP1 is very much in the minority.

I think it was revealed during the opening space fight or if I’m wrong I think your can optionally find out if you talk to Drax through the chat system the guardians have.

• I've enjoyed every single moment of the first two episodes so far.

• So the way the Windows 10 App store works is... Once DLC comes out, it doesn't matter if you buy it. It downloads anyway, and it unlocks once you buy it.

Now flash back to the time episode 2 of GotG came out...
    I buy the game from the in-game episode select menu... And it's just there. It was fully available and playable.
    It didn't require a download because it had downloaded probably days in advance.

Now, I just spent a while download a 4 Gb update for Guardians of the Galaxy... Which I can only assume is Microsoft pre-loading the episode.

I may need a professional to back that up, I'm only going off 2 instances.
    But in the meantime, I'm just trying to figure out where on my hard drive the game actually IS so I can take a peek at what's inside.
    Maybe find a few songs and pump up the jam.

• So I’m expecting a trailer maybe Thursday? Or maybe they will just post the sneak peak that was at SDCC.

• So...

Having found the file location. I can confirm the files are in fact for episode 3.

But I have no Earthly idea how to open .ttarch2 files, which is the extension.

Google hasn't helped but... I'll keep looking.

So the way the Windows 10 App store works is... Once DLC comes out, it doesn't matter if you buy it. It downloads anyway, and it unlocks onc

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited August 2017

This episodes key art has been released.

enter image description here

Edit: Also 4 new screenshots

• Yay! Screens!
    Yay! Key art!

And might I say, that looks awesome...

OzzyUK posted: »

This episodes key art has been released. Edit: Also 4 new screenshots https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/897868963429797888

• Geez! Was Hala always really that tall? I really don't remember her being that freaking tall.

This episodes key art has been released. Edit: Also 4 new screenshots https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/897868963429797888

• Yeah, I remember her being quite tall.

ElJacko posted: »

Geez! Was Hala always really that tall? I really don't remember her being that freaking tall.

• edited August 2017

Rad! I'm guessing we'll be getting the trailer on monday if we're getting screenshots now, but I'm looking forward to it. The series has been getting better with each episode; let's hope this trend continues.

• edited August 2017

Brace yourself, Android version will always delay as usual , like Batman and Minecraft Story Mode

• Yes! This'll be so good! I love that keyart. It looks like Thanos is a big part of the episode as well.

• Is tge trailer coming out today or not?

• It could be as soon as today, or it could be on Friday or Monday. Thursday is the usual trailer day, but they also usually give us a heads up so it just depends really.

Renkyys posted: »

Is tge trailer coming out today or not?

• So there will be a trailer for 100% right? cause its quite unusual to release trailer the other day than thursday. And if it was coming today, it would already be out

It could be as soon as today, or it could be on Friday or Monday. Thursday is the usual trailer day, but they also usually give us a heads up so it just depends really.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There will be a trailer at some point, they have released them on Fridays and Mondays in the past so there is still time for a trailer.

Renkyys posted: »

So there will be a trailer for 100% right? cause its quite unusual to release trailer the other day than thursday. And if it was coming today, it would already be out

• Anyone really digging Gamora's flashbackk outfit?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The trailer is out.

• Ooo, looks interesting. I am very excited to see Gamora and Nebula with Thanos before everything goes haywire.

The trailer is out.

• Good trailer as per usual. Only complaint is that they keep on showing important choices in the trailer, for no reason at all.

Please telltale, stop foing that. You did it for MCSM S2E1 as well, just stop.

The trailer is out.

• edited August 2017

"It's right to empower you idiot!" XD I love you, Rocket.

This trailer was definitely a lot more serious than the last ones. I'm really looking forward to this!

EDIT: Nebula also looks like she's still an ally for the time being.

The trailer is out.

• Yup,I think I'm going to empower the forge and the hints of bringing someone back is probably going happen if you empower it first.

AgentZ46 posted: »

"It's right to empower you idiot!" XD I love you, Rocket. This trailer was definitely a lot more serious than the last ones. I'm really looking forward to this! EDIT: Nebula also looks like she's still an ally for the time being.

• edited August 2017

So, I know this may sound like a stretch, but I just thought of something. What if, at the end of the game, you had to choose between the people you wanted to save with the Eternity Forge. Say, there's 4 options:
    1. Peter's Mother
    2. Lylla
    3. Drax's family (?)
    4. Nebula (this is supposing she dies, since I think it would create a lot of tension between the guardians if, depending on your choices, Nebula could get killed because of Peter)

Just a pitch of an idea. Nebula doesn't die, don't worry, it's not spoiler. I just thought it would be a cool idea and would really show with what character you side in the end. And it would probably be heartbreaking for the three who don't get their friends and family resurrected. It would be heartbreaking for Peter if he couldn't bring back his mother, but that would show his character story arc better, where, at the start, you would've done everything to bring her back. But now, Peter realizes that he is past her death.

Just an idea, probably sounds stupid lol.

Edit: I just watched the trailer and it looks like I might be right from what Drax said.

• Holy shit that trailer was awesome! It feels like it was the finale episode. In the trailer it looks like we go to earth but I think that’s just one of the tricks of the temple.

• Ooooh that was a great trailer! I like the more dramatic route they went this time. I'm sure there will be some humorous moments in the episode, but this is the middle act of some serious shit going down. I'm excited, and really think this will be a turning point episode for the series.

The trailer is out.

• edited August 2017

Man...I know I won't have to make the decision until Tuesday, but if it's Rocket representing empowering it and Gamora representing destroying it, I'd wager that Gamora might hate me by the end of that decision. I've already sided with Rocket in every Rocket vs. Gamora decision so far.

• Don't forget Drax who wants a shot at reviving his family.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Man...I know I won't have to make the decision until Tuesday, but if it's Rocket representing empowering it and Gamora representing destroyi

• I'm going to be very torn about using the Forge, even though my Peter has reservations about the power behind it. But it might be tempting. The only problem is that it currently needs a dead person to power it, a life for a life, and my Peter is probably against that. I mean with Drax's family that's more than one person too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.