GOTG Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Episode Coming August 22nd, new key art, Trailer out now

Comments

• Ah man you beat me to it.

But, it is a good blog post. Interesting to see that Nebula is a big character who we'll be able to shape in this series apparently.

And as I suspected from the trailer, Episode 3 will be a major tipping point in the plot where we'll have some big decisions that might change some future events.

This is looking better and better!

Pipas posted: »

New blog post about Gamora/Nebula choices

• edited August 2017

I'm really liking these weekly blog post updates and what not. It feels like Telltale pre-walking dead again, since going back they did them ALL the time even little simple things like saying Hi or talking about what they've been up to in gaming and what not.

• Why do I feel like Thanos blew that dowl up five seconds later to teach Gamora a lesson about attachment? But great blog post! I can't recall if I told Gamora or Drax to keep watch in my last episode... I think I elected to go for Gamora.

• My Peter's probably not selfish enough to bring his mother back, especially if there are too bad consequences, but he'd be torn over doing it for his friends if the risks are minimal. If I get the chance I'd be torn between restoring Lylla for Rocket or Drax's daughter (since I would have to choose between the two and I imagine Drax's wife would want to see her child get a real chance instead of her).

Nick261 posted: »

So, I know this may sound like a stretch, but I just thought of something. What if, at the end of the game, you had to choose between the pe

• I could be wrong but it seems to me that Gamora is the only one in favor of destroying it.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Man...I know I won't have to make the decision until Tuesday, but if it's Rocket representing empowering it and Gamora representing destroyi

• It kinda concerns me how small the views for the trailer are. I guess this games even more underrated than I thought.

• Honestly, I have no idea why they continue to put important choices in the trailer. Are they just reminding people that this is choice-based game or what? "Oh hey guys, we still have choices. You love those, right?" I don't get it.

Overall, pretty meh trailer imo.

OzzyUK posted: »

The trailer is out.

• People aren't giving it a chance because of the initial response to its graphics in Episode 1 (which look fine to me) and also how they felt it was too similar to the movie (which I don't see to be too big a problem). I think a more legit issue was how after working on the game for two years, TT didn't utilize the promotion of the new movie well enough. Episode 1 was out a whole month before the film and yet Episode 2 came out some time later. Marvel Games also probably haven't promoted it well enough either, and there hasn't been any interviews with the actors or serious discussion in videos like Batman and Minecraft has had on the whole.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It kinda concerns me how small the views for the trailer are. I guess this games even more underrated than I thought.

• Well there's also Groot, but I imagine it'd be hard to know what he wants without going through Rocket.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that Gamora is the only one in favor of destroying it.

• [removed]

Nick261 posted: »

So, I know this may sound like a stretch, but I just thought of something. What if, at the end of the game, you had to choose between the pe

• Yeah, that's a shame. Knowing what happened towards the end of Tales, with people being moved from it due to it barely meeting sales requirements even though it is considered a great game, I'm a worried for this one.

It kinda concerns me how small the views for the trailer are. I guess this games even more underrated than I thought.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2017

A reminder to not post spoilers from episode 3 in this thread.

• Don't you mean episode 3?

dojo32161 posted: »

A reminder to not post spoilers from episode 3 in this thread.

• I accidentally removed steam from my PC and therefore all the games in my steam library were removed.

Does that mean when I install GOTG again I have to restart from the first episode? or will cloud save SAVE me?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Steam normally uploads your saves to its own cloud so it should redownload them when you download GOTG.

I accidentally removed steam from my PC and therefore all the games in my steam library were removed. Does that mean when I install GOTG again I have to restart from the first episode? or will cloud save SAVE me?

• Yep, don't know why I wrote 2.

Don't you mean episode 3?

• Hey y'all, what time do the episodes usually come out on PS4 in Europe?

• to the people who had trouble playing it on xbox one due to the dashboard crash. How did you get it to work?

• I hard reseted my Xbox

• thats unplugging the power brick for a min right?

I hard reseted my Xbox

• edited August 2017

No. Hold down the power button until it turns off. Sorry for the late reply.

• Before you hard reset. Did you install episode 3 already?

• I haven't installed it yet. I have 1 and 2 installed. First tried regular restarts and then I reinstalled 1 and 2. Tried the power brick unplug didn't work. Tried the hold power down for 10 seconds and that didn't work either.

Did you have ep 3 installed? Maybe having that installed for some weird reason makes it work?

Before you hard reset. Did you install episode 3 already?

• Yeah. Same problem I had. Once I installed episode 3 and hard reset, it just started working.

PHub07 posted: »

I haven't installed it yet. I have 1 and 2 installed. First tried regular restarts and then I reinstalled 1 and 2. Tried the power brick unp

• Interesting I just noticed Ep1 doesn't seem to be in the store anymore. It has a generic placeholder. Seems pretty obvious that might have something to do with this problem. I will install it now and see if that makes it work.

Yeah. Same problem I had. Once I installed episode 3 and hard reset, it just started working.

• I hope it works for you pal.

PHub07 posted: »

Interesting I just noticed Ep1 doesn't seem to be in the store anymore. It has a generic placeholder. Seems pretty obvious that might have something to do with this problem. I will install it now and see if that makes it work.

• edited August 2017

Nice that does work. Worlds best timing to whoever screwed the game up. RIGHT before the third ep comes out? Great job guys....

Thanks for some reason the mods on here want nobody discussing troubleshooting even though 99% of the time the community can find fixes for things in minutes. But nah...send an email you won't get a reply to for weeks if ever.

For some reason I don't even think you can play the game at all withotu ep 3 installed. I wonder if ep 1 even works right now?

I hope it works for you pal.

• Is it out yet for Android version ?

• I cant even install episode 3, how are people playing already...

• Still not on ps4 NA

• Ok, thats me too. thx

Still not on ps4 NA

• Annnd still not out for PS4

• Awesome, Thanks for the reply.

I will download the game today and see if it picks up where ever I left.

OzzyUK posted: »

Steam normally uploads your saves to its own cloud so it should redownload them when you download GOTG.

• It's on Steam now

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Just wanted to comment here that I've reported the two common bugs for this game (Ep 3 showing for purchase on PS4 when you have the season pass & XB1 booting you back to dashboard). Our wonderful support team is working on it!

If either of these bugs are affecting you, email support@telltale.com with a detailed account (what platform, what region you're in, exactly what is happening) to help them resolve it!

• It's downloading here, on Steam.

Every new episode I SWEAR I'll never buy TellTale games on Steam again, and guess what happens with every new release? I buy it on Steam again.

• edited August 2017

Oh yeah, great help from support. I hear back from them and they give me a way to fix an issue...for the Xbox One...when I told them I own the game for the PS4. And the issue is not even one I needed help with, the person said if it was for the game abruptly quitting, I need assistance in downloading episode 3 as it says I need to purchase it when I already own the season pass.

• Any Word On When Coming Out On Pc

• Can safely say i will never buy a season pass from Telltale again, I prefer playing the episode the day it comes out

Sign in to comment in this discussion.