GOTG Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Episode Coming August 22nd, new key art, Trailer out now

Comments

• IDredMan posted: »

There's a comic prequel to THIS specific series? Or do you mean the Prelude to the movie? Or the current All-New Guardians run? Or any one of the solo runs that each specific Guardian has? FUCK there's a lot of Guardians comics.

• Then no, I have not read the comic that will be published in 4 days.

enter image description here

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/63888/guardians_of_the_galaxy_telltale_games_2017_1

• edited July 2017

Aw my bad looks like the issues are available to preorder.

IDredMan posted: »

Then no, I have not read the comic that will be published in 4 days.

• edited July 2017

For those who didn't check out the central thread in Telltale Talk: there's some hidden episode of EP2 of The Player's Space on one of Telltale's playlists.
    Turns out it was released in June, but has been hidden in that one playlist for some reason.

Here ya go:

• I'm a fucking idiot.
    How embarrassing.

Then no, I have not read the comic that will be published in 4 days.

• Hey guys! I wanted to ask, is this game good so far? I've seen some comments saying it's better than TWD:ANF and it's going in a right direction, others saying it's mediocre.

• People say it's mediocre in terms of humour (but that's entirely subjective... I find at least 85% of the jokes land for me)
    But I can proudly say that it excels in choice variations, hubs and their optional conversations, and episode lengths.

This is so much better than ANF.

dunga posted: »

Hey guys! I wanted to ask, is this game good so far? I've seen some comments saying it's better than TWD:ANF and it's going in a right direction, others saying it's mediocre.

• It might sound stupid, but is it like TFTB in terms of humor? :D Or it has a more serious tone?

AChicken posted: »

People say it's mediocre in terms of humour (but that's entirely subjective... I find at least 85% of the jokes land for me) But I can pro

• I think the problem a lot of people have with the humour is that they compare it a lot to TFTB.
    It is not like TFTB. It is more serious, but still funny.

TFTB was goofy and non-sensical, while this series has more ironic, quip-filled (and sometimes pratfall-type) humour.

It might sound stupid, but is it like TFTB in terms of humor? Or it has a more serious tone?

• Ok, thanks! I think I might give it a chance and buy it. :)

I think the problem a lot of people have with the humour is that they compare it a lot to TFTB. It is not like TFTB. It is more serious, b

• Good luck! Hope you enjoy it!

Ok, thanks! I think I might give it a chance and buy it.

• Hey, just because people play the games you like, does not automatically make it so that they post in the waiting threads. Some of us are simply waiting with patience without posting, isn't that crazy.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Ok this is stupid the waiting thread for minecraft episode 2 hasn’t even been here for a day and it’s already at 3 pages while this has been

• Nah, man. You're good.

I'm a fucking idiot. How embarrassing.

• About the Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy Tie-In comic...
    It's okay.
    It's just okay. If you're into the game, then sure... Pick it up. But there are dozens of much better comics out there.
    And the fact that it's a prequel makes the whole thing just... Really inconsequential. They even have a plot twist but... Who cares? The first 10 minutes of the game just makes it meaningless.

Some cool tidbits from the comic, though;

1. The gun Rocket uses at the start of episode 1 is called "The BFG."
    2. This motherfucker looks like a Sonic OC

3. Since I couldn't find it in the bonus contents section on this site, here...

(If a moderator around here knows how to resize that, that'd be great. Thanks).

• It might be a little late to be recording lines for episode 3. Maybe this is him recording for episode 4?

• Possibly. If so, I guess we can probably expect a slightly swifter release for Episode 4, since they're already recording lines.

It might be a little late to be recording lines for episode 3. Maybe this is him recording for episode 4?

• No series can come close to the levels of hype during the development of TFTB.

You should have been here during s1e5 and s2 release...

I swear, those were the best times to ever be on these forums. Every five seconds you refreshed and there would be 3 new in-depth new threads on TWD section. Good times.

Yeah, I mean that Telltale has dropped the ball on marketing a bunch more. TFTB had lots of good updates and teases to development of epis

• :weary: Aww, too bad I wasn't there at the time, I'm sure it would have been crazy.

Considering how popular the series was at the time, there probably were huge levels of hype.

No series can come close to the levels of hype during the development of TFTB. You should have been here during s1e5 and s2 release.

• edited August 2017

Just stumbling around the youtubes and I find this little treat. The slapping scene did in fact make me laugh quite a bit.

• Nice to see someone recorded it that flashback was interesting. Also that slapping scene was hilarious hopefully there’s more comedy like this down the line.

Just stumbling around the youtubes and I find this little treat. The slapping scene did in fact make me laugh quite a bit.

• edited August 2017

XD That was hilarious! Can't believe Peter was ballsy enough to do that.

The flashback looks interesting as well! It should be fun to interact with Thanos before Gamora left.

EDIT: You know what? I don't care what anyone says! People have been saying that because the game isn't doing super well so Telltale's just rushing to get it over with. But they're clearly working really hard on it and have tons have fun with it.

• That slapping scene is pretty great :D

• Love Gamora's MMA takedown of Quill aswell

• edited August 2017

Yeah! I wouldn't call a TWO and a half months of waiting time as "rushed". What are people thinking?

Edit: not being sarcastic, btw.

AgentZ46 posted: »

XD That was hilarious! Can't believe Peter was ballsy enough to do that. The flashback looks interesting as well! It should be fun to int

• I wanna call it right now so that I can brag to nobody if it IS true and then low key forget about it if it isn't.

The person in the temple at the end of episode 2...
    Is either Adam Warlock or Quasar.

• Seems to be back

• It’s strange that the thing I’m most excited for this episode is the opening music scene so far they’ve been really well done with great song choice. Can’t wait to see what song they pick next.

• Agreed. Love them old tunes.

It’s strange that the thing I’m most excited for this episode is the opening music scene so far they’ve been really well done with great song choice. Can’t wait to see what song they pick next.

• An interesting behind-the-scenes blog post for Episode 2:

https://telltale.com/news/2017/08/bringing-lylla-to-life/

• I was just about to post this. It’s very interesting it’s nice to see what went on behind the scenes.

An interesting behind-the-scenes blog post for Episode 2: https://telltale.com/news/2017/08/bringing-lylla-to-life/

• Aw man you beat me to it.

An interesting behind-the-scenes blog post for Episode 2: https://telltale.com/news/2017/08/bringing-lylla-to-life/

• I like how a lot of people are loving this new Batman season, and have had their faith restored after saying Telltale hasn't recovered since ANF.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking: "Guardians already started their recovery." :p

• Everyone outside of the forums would agree with ya for the most part. The forums for whatever reason really doesn't like Guardians. I sorta understand the hate for episode 1, but episode 2 had some very well done moments. Hoping episode 3 can turn people around a bit.

I like how a lot of people are loving this new Batman season, and have had their faith restored after saying Telltale hasn't recovered since ANF. Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking: "Guardians already started their recovery."

• I'm waiting for episode 3 to impress me.

I've only watched eps 1 and 2 on youtube, played by someone who made most of the choices I would have, and just was just disappointed in how flat everything felt. The jokes never landed for me, I knew they were trying to be funny, but they did nothing for me. The plot so far was just so predictable for me, and I can't see how it could surprise me. The characters took well into episode 2 before I even started thinking about them. And I can't be the only person who hears Deadpool when Rocket speaks.If Ep 3 doesn't change any of these feelings for me, I'll be sad cause I wanted to like this during a time when all we had was a dying dumpster fire and fucking minecraft to look forward too.

At least batman is an objective improvement on just about all fronts.

I like how a lot of people are loving this new Batman season, and have had their faith restored after saying Telltale hasn't recovered since ANF. Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking: "Guardians already started their recovery."

• Unfortunately, I feel like those who showed their hate/worry for this series back when episode 1 was released, aren't following it anymore.
    I fear they've given up already, since there's been barely much talk (other than from those who support this) over the great branching that can occur in Episode 2.

Hopefully, -- at least when the season is complete -- Telltale markets the game a bit more as a complete package, and people give it a second chance.

Everyone outside of the forums would agree with ya for the most part. The forums for whatever reason really doesn't like Guardians. I sorta

• edited August 2017

Yeah, hopefully Episode 3 brings you around.

I've enjoyed it so far, but I think only disappointing part for me is the lack of development on the one main plot point: The "all powerful" Eternity Forge.
    I know we've got to keep it from Hala, so she can't murder a bunch of people to revive her army.. But other than that it doesn't seem like a dangerous tool.

We have no idea what Thanos was going to use it for because I doubt he had friends he wanted to revive. And it certainly didn't seem like it based on how he was talking. What he described his evil plan as is with the help of the Forge, he'd "roll through the universe like a great storm" or something to that effect. And that's not what we've seen so far from this MacGuffin.
    That's what I'm hoping for in Episode 3.. and based on what everyone was saying in the "next time on" for that episode, it might be just that. Something really bad is about to be revealed.

deadproxy posted: »

I'm waiting for episode 3 to impress me. I've only watched eps 1 and 2 on youtube, played by someone who made most of the choices I would

• I'm not a fan of the movies and I'm enjoying myself a lot. It is, at times difficult not to compare to TFTBL, which I think perhaps a lot of people are doing. Seeing as that is a true fan favourite, I can understand why some people would be disappointed. I haven't played TWD S3, so I'm not aware of how much of a Telltale screwup that one was. Not playing minecraft either. But I'm liking this and Batman is shaping up to be better than S1, and I really enjoyed that one as well.

• Let's be real here.
    The opening cinematics for Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead and even Batman were all pretty fucking great. They set the mood and were satisfying.

The opening of Guardians of the Galaxy was just... A waste of a song. It was a scene with nothing to it... Most of the animations were glitched the fuck out. The part where their ship was "rumbling" was hilariously bad. And they just slapped the title on.

The rest of the episode continued to be pretty decent... And the second episode improved on what the first episode lacked.
    But as first episodes go; Episode 1 fell flat on its face.

• I think the intros are the best parts if each episode. I made a comment earlier saying that’s what I was most excited for the song choices fit what is currently happening. Also I haven’t experienced any brown animation of ship rumbling and even if that’s just a thing that happens in everyone’s game I don’t even notice it.

Let's be real here. The opening cinematics for Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead and even Batman were all pretty fucking great.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.