GOTG Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Rated by Australia, Releasing October 10th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• edited September 2017

True, true. What worries me is that Tales sold around 800k but was considered a financial failure. So I suppose the sales came too late. I hope that doesn't happen to Guardians too.

Not to mention, LiS is MUCH more expensive than TellTale games and it isn't piggybacking on an already popular franchise.

True, we should look at the sales at the end of the season. But to be fair, ANF which finished months ago hasn't even sold 250k on Steam.

• I WISH THERE WAS SOME WAY TO HELP THESE SERIES GET FAMOUS

You guys, that love these series... Do you think that there is a way to help guardians of the galaxy spread in its popularity and get more famous?

I don't even mind spending some money in doing that... Do you guys have any ideas? Some great advertisement comapnies or IDK

I just want this game to earn the honor it deserves cause its simply leading the ladders of best TT games along with Batman... Its just sad how many people are interested in this game

• Perhaps more people need to ask the bigger Youtubers to play the game or continue with it and there needs to be more discussion about the game all over the internet.

Renkyys posted: »

I WISH THERE WAS SOME WAY TO HELP THESE SERIES GET FAMOUS You guys, that love these series... Do you think that there is a way to help gu

• I would have liked to destroy it but couldn't because:

enter image description here

• If Rocket looked like that I would have destroyed the forge.

Razor512 posted: »

I would have liked to destroy it but couldn't because:

• edited September 2017

Everything will be Daijobu Pete-Kun if you don't destroy the forge so my kokoro can go doki doki again.

If Rocket looked like that I would have destroyed the forge.

• Seems like a good game. I have it and i would rate it 8/10

• edited September 2017

Woah... after seeing what happens if you only use your words against Clarence, that's interesting. That flashback ends in two different ways.

Either you only use your words and Meredith is fine and just tells Peter about how while she did slap the bully, it wasn't the right thing or "cool" thing to do... She then ominously says "Come Find me Peter..."

Whereas if you hit the bully either before or after your mother enters the store, she sees this and then ends up coughing up a storm as Mr. Pinkle (the video store clerk) calls an ambulance. No strange ominous sayings. Just regret or even guilt (which I currently feel right now).
    That changes the emotional atmosphere hugely. Either you're intrigued by these visions even further, or ashamed of disappointing Meredith in the future. Cool.

• Time travel as its say may 2017 it would my 2018

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but episode 5 has already been classifed http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx

• edited September 2017

Wow, like- how underrated this game is? How many do actually play this? I mean, like, look at how many comments Batman and Minecraft episode waiting threads get, and then look here. The audience number most likely is the reason why they also released the 3rd episode so late, and are going to do the same with this one as well.

• edited September 2017

More people play this than you'd think.. Unfortunately for us, those who do and also enjoy it aren't on this forum.
    The ones who do and don't enjoy it either leave this section, or don't talk about it much at all.

Another thing is the huge lack of news we get about this game. Mostly it's just one or two tweets from the VAs but nothing much from the actual staff. No teases to what to expect.. Just silence on the next episode. (other than the odd interview or character blog post which is appreciated.)

Edit: How would the audience number affect when they release it?
    They released EP3 so late because they were working on it for a long time. Planning how to move the plot along, maybe even pre-planning the effects of that Forge choice in EPs 4 & 5... They've put so much detail and care into this series so far, and thats all because of the time they spent working on it.

Ciocolici posted: »

Wow, like- how underrated this game is? How many do actually play this? I mean, like, look at how many comments Batman and Minecraft episode

• AChicken seems to be a huge fan of the series :D just like me... I see your comments under every single GOTG forum.... Keep it, and maybe we'll keep the forum busy by chatting about the game :P

• edited September 2017

You were talking about the lack of news.... And so we got a "new" Article :D

https://telltale.com/news/2017/08/gamora-and-nebula-your-choices-define-a-family/

• edited September 2017

That was posted a few weeks ago, even before Episode 3 was released.

You were talking about the lack of news.... And so we got a "new" Article https://telltale.com/news/2017/08/gamora-and-nebula-your-choices-define-a-family/

• I am playing it too :)
    Not a huge fan but it isn't bad

AChicken seems to be a huge fan of the series just like me... I see your comments under every single GOTG forum.... Keep it, and maybe we'll keep the forum busy by chatting about the game :P

• I was joking.... I should've put the word NEW into quotation marks... My bad :D

Pipas posted: »

That was posted a few weeks ago, even before Episode 3 was released.

• Hoping for early October. :)

OzzyUK posted: »

I didn't notice before but episode 4 was rated on the 7th. http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=e8o4UeWd6KxtZW2TaSiP+Q%3d%3d&ncdctx=eFPwQ8JWpBfAgDih8ywmtAuUEqem9gtp5e9MGioJtMl%2fRyxx4BC4bzFRND4ltpcV

• Oh wow. Early October release?

I didn't notice before but episode 4 was rated on the 7th. http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=e8o4UeWd6KxtZW2TaSiP+Q%3d%3d&ncdctx=eFPwQ8JWpBfAgDih8ywmtAuUEqem9gtp5e9MGioJtMl%2fRyxx4BC4bzFRND4ltpcV

• In an interview during Gamescom, Job hinted that Guardians would release sometime in September.

AChicken posted: »

Oh wow. Early October release?

• Nice, didn't know that. Got any source? Not that I don't believe you, just wanna check this.

In an interview during Gamescom, Job hinted that Guardians would release sometime in September.

• https://telltale.com/community/discussion/117358/two-minor-new-interviews-with-job-about-future-ttg-info-during-gamescom

I want to say it was during one of these two interviews (in audio), but I forget which one. It could likely be the interview on the first link, which is like 20 minutes.

If Batman was delayed until October 2nd, maybe they were trying to free up a release date for Guardians so that they didn't release two episodes in one day.

Ravandel posted: »

Nice, didn't know that. Got any source? Not that I don't believe you, just wanna check this.

• edited September 2017

YO and this is the first I'm hearing of this...Well that makes sense since its the Guardians forum...

So not hearing anything about this after both interviews.

In an interview during Gamescom, Job hinted that Guardians would release sometime in September.

• Huh. Very mild Drug Use.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited September 2017

That could mean drinking alcohol.

captainivy1 posted: »

Huh. Very mild Drug Use.

• All I recall is that during one of the recent Gamescom interviews, Job said to expect episodes of Minecraft and Guardians in September.

YO and this is the first I'm hearing of this...Well that makes sense since its the Guardians forum... So not hearing anything about this after both interviews.

• edited September 2017

Its like a minute into the second interview I must have missed it since he says it so quickly and moves on. But wow that's great to hear. Weird they haven't said anything official yet.

All I recall is that during one of the recent Gamescom interviews, Job said to expect episodes of Minecraft and Guardians in September.

• Yeah. I figured that it wasn't a nice snort of cocaine. We'll have a scene where all guardians gets drunk as fuck after Hala beats the shit outta them.

That could mean drinking alcohol.

• and then they have a snort of cocaine

captainivy1 posted: »

Yeah. I figured that it wasn't a nice snort of cocaine. We'll have a scene where all guardians gets drunk as fuck after Hala beats the shit outta them.

• Whatever you say, good sire Blind Sniper.

and then they have a snort of cocaine

• How about space cocaine?

That's extra trippy.

and then they have a snort of cocaine

• I think he said "Batman, Minecraft, and Guardians in September."
    And I think he just said that to keep things to a general "One of these series will continue in September, with the rest in the near future" as we already know that Batman isn't coming in September.

All I recall is that during one of the recent Gamescom interviews, Job said to expect episodes of Minecraft and Guardians in September.

• Those interviews took place before they announced the delay for Batman

AChicken posted: »

I think he said "Batman, Minecraft, and Guardians in September." And I think he just said that to keep things to a general "One of these se

• Ah, right.
    Still, I think that he used a general term for all seasons, where he really implied that "these series will continue, with Minecraft leading in September."

But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and we get Guardians in Sept. That would be a treat.

Those interviews took place before they announced the delay for Batman

• It's out of this world!

I'll see myself out.

How about space cocaine? That's extra trippy.

• Yep finally sth new to hear from TT.... And also there is finally some change in the steamdb... it did not happen for a long time

• Not even a tease for episode 4. Yeesh, but great video regardless.

• I'm sorry, but all I can think about when I hear Zack Keller talk is how he's Blue from Dick Figures.

• No info on what to expect next? Aww..
    Cool video though. This does seem like a big choice, what with all the variations to it.. but we'll see how those pan out. (Empower + Good Nebula // Destroy + Bad Nebula // Empower + Bad Nebula // Destroy + Good Nebula)
    I don't think that the Nebula ramifications will amount to anything huge, but this main choice seems like it'll have a big effect on what we see next. I'm excited!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.