GOTG Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Rated by Australia, Releasing October 10th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• TellTale plays with our emotions even with the releases of their games lol
    I wasn't expecting it to release next week at all but I guess I have something new to play that day.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Holy crap wasn’t expecting this! Thought it was going to be the 17th.

• I opened the forums to see when GotG is releasing, what a joy to find out it's coming out in 5 days

• GOT after episode 3 would get like zero publicity leading up to the episodes coming out. I worry that's gonna happen to Guardians with Episode 5.

AChicken posted: »

Oh god, it's GOT all over again...And this time it's happening to a series that's actually good! Could you please elaborate further? I don't remember when this happened to GoT, or what went wrong with it.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Trailer is out.

• Y'know, at first glance of that Key Art, it looked like Drax was about to throw the Milano across the room. "Star-Lord! I will throw this spacecraft so that you may escape!! [proceeds to lift the entire ship above his shoulders]"

• That trailer was cool. So hyped for this ep!

• Man, am I glad they didn't spoil an important choice this time. Was getting pretty annoying.

OzzyUK posted: »

Trailer is out.

• Interesting that the trailer only showed stuff from the empowering the forge side, should be interesting.

• Hopefully this means that destroying the Forge changes things up a lot!

dojo32161 posted: »

Interesting that the trailer only showed stuff from the empowering the forge side, should be interesting.

• edited October 2017

Interesting trailer.
    It seems that most of the episode might be to get back up to find Hala... Or maybe that trailer showed a lot less than it seemed.

Whatever it is, it still looks fun and good.

One more thing, I find it really weird how Telltale didn't include the release date or even the title of the episode at the end of the trailer. A lot of people in the YouTube comments are confused as to when it comes out.

• Looks good! This is just a guess but it looks like depending on your relationship with Gamora/Drax either of them could threathen to leave the Guardians in this episode.

• Yeah, I'm not so into the trailers spoiling choices either. I think that should be left for the episode itself.

Pipas posted: »

Man, am I glad they didn't spoil an important choice this time. Was getting pretty annoying.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2017

[Watches trailer]

Wow, I'm, uh...

I'm really glad I didn't empower the Forge. I'll say that much, heh... 0.0

What do you guys think is gonna happen for those of us who didn't empower the forge?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2017

Wasn't Rocket also wanting to leave the team in Episode 1? Seems like they've been teasing that potential plot line a lot. Do you guys think they will follow through with it?

lupinb0y posted: »

Looks good! This is just a guess but it looks like depending on your relationship with Gamora/Drax either of them could threathen to leave the Guardians in this episode.

• I normally wasn't counting on it being a super major choice this early into the Season (they usually save that for the end of the fourth episode), but they certainly seem to be hinting at it.

Hopefully this means that destroying the Forge changes things up a lot!

• I really hope that Telltale doesn't go into this with the thought of a possible second season like some of their other games. It'd be cool if by the end you could have the Guardians disband entirely, have one member leave or have everyone together.

Wasn't Rocket also wanting to leave the team in Episode 1? Seems like they've been teasing that potential plot line a lot. Do you guys think they will follow through with it?

• I imagine the basic outline of us being pushed to rock bottom will stay the same in 4 and that maybe the destroy/empower choice will see more effect in episode 5.

Hopefully this means that destroying the Forge changes things up a lot!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Taking another look at the trailer it looks like we will get a Drax flashback in this episode, that should be interesing but i now hope we will get Groot flashback in episode 5.

• Most likely we will since everyone who got a flashback was the character on the cover for the episode.

OzzyUK posted: »

Taking another look at the trailer it looks like we will get a Drax flashback in this episode, that should be interesing but i now hope we will get Groot flashback in episode 5.

• I wish I had destroyed it now, while I was watching I thought to myself "wow, that must feel really good to have destroyed and forge and to watch this trailer".

[Watches trailer] Wow, I'm, uh... I'm really glad I didn't empower the Forge. I'll say that much, heh... 0.0 What do you guys think is gonna happen for those of us who didn't empower the forge?

• I'm going to agree with you on that.
    It will probably end that way, and this won't get a second season. I'd love for it to get a second season somehow, because the development team behind this is doing some really good work, both on fleshing out the villain, introducing Marvel lore to the uninitiated, and putting time and effort into making big choices. And I can't stress that last point enough. Whoever says this series has the worst or no effect of choices mattering at all is dead wrong.

I can't get enough of this series and soon it'll be over... There should be much more Telltale can do and show off more of the Marvel Cosmic universe, and really bring in interesting planets or races... Who better to experience that with than the Guardians of the Galaxy?

I really hope that Telltale doesn't go into this with the thought of a possible second season like some of their other games. It'd be cool if by the end you could have the Guardians disband entirely, have one member leave or have everyone together.

• I'm not gonna lie, I am once again very disappointdd in the Guardians trailers. And I think that is one of the major problems that GotG is so very underrated, because like 60 % of the trailers so far has been absolutely shit. The 'Season' trailer or whatever was horrible, episode 1 trailer was meh, episode 2 trailer was alright, episode 3 trailer was pretty good, BUT spoiled the, perhaps, biggest choice of the season. Episode 4 trailer was once again meh.

Where the fuck are the people behind the TWD S2 E5 and especially E4 trailers? Ah, those where the days.

• YES FINALLY

Just around the corner, too!

• The old trailer guy left a while back, I think around 2016.

captainivy1 posted: »

I'm not gonna lie, I am once again very disappointdd in the Guardians trailers. And I think that is one of the major problems that GotG is s

• edited October 2017

Oh. You know his name? I want to know what he's up to nowadays.

The old trailer guy left a while back, I think around 2016.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

His name is Shaun Finney.

Oh. You know his name? I want to know what he's up to nowadays.

• I liked Batman S1 E4 trailer most out of all the trailers. When Harvey said "Let's take a ride, gentlemen" I got chills down my spine. ANF episode 3 was cringey af. But I don't mind the ones for this game.

I'm not gonna lie, I am once again very disappointdd in the Guardians trailers. And I think that is one of the major problems that GotG is s

• Why....WHY NOW?
    I don't get money until the end of this month...
    IM SUFFERING!

• Why didn't you get the season pass?! I take it that you've played the previous episodes.. I buy the whole thing right away so I don't have to worry about anything but release dates. It's usually a good investment.

Why....WHY NOW? I don't get money until the end of this month... IM SUFFERING!

• I chose to spend most of my money on a different telltale games season pass and used the rest to buy episodes 1 2 and 3 :/

lilsnek posted: »

Why didn't you get the season pass?! I take it that you've played the previous episodes.. I buy the whole thing right away so I don't have to worry about anything but release dates. It's usually a good investment.

• That's a bummer, you're going to have to take a loan or avoid spoilers ;)

I chose to spend most of my money on a different telltale games season pass and used the rest to buy episodes 1 2 and 3

• The Batman ones were, and are pretty good. The ANF trailer was the one with Clem using a bat sounding like 6 clocktowers together, right?

I liked Batman S1 E4 trailer most out of all the trailers. When Harvey said "Let's take a ride, gentlemen" I got chills down my spine. ANF episode 3 was cringey af. But I don't mind the ones for this game.

• Yeah.

The Batman ones were, and are pretty good. The ANF trailer was the one with Clem using a bat sounding like 6 clocktowers together, right?

• edited October 2017

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy is being no more. why?

When will Ep. 4 of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series be up? I have seen two different games have more Ep. being added faster then the one game what should have been done by now. Batman Season 2 and Minecraft Season 2 Ep. 1-3 was all added after Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Ep. 2. Now please let me know when you are going to end Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series or are you going to keep making more games to cover up that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Will not end. OR may not be done at all that I lost money over the 5 Ep. that I was told that you guys was planing to make. But only get 3 Ep. to play with. let your people know when will Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Ep. 4 and 5 to be out.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale announced that episode 4 will release October 10th.

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy is being no more. why? When will Ep. 4 of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series be up?

• Damn he was really good at making trailers.

The old trailer guy left a while back, I think around 2016.

• A little late on this, but it wasn't a bad trailer per say, just below the standards of other penultimate trailers, which are normally very good. Still very much excited for the episode and seeing the different consequences I'll end up receiving.

• Given what the trailer showed, I fear that most of the episode would be the Guardians trying to get back to the surface, and then stopping Hala on the next episode. I'm not expecting too much story wise happening, just more rising actions leading up to the climax.. But I hope I'm wrong. (I expected a big game of cat and mouse in space for this episode, not cave exploring)

Either way I'm excited to see whatever may occur and what new songs from Peter's mixtape we may hear.. I'm worried now, but I doubt I'll be when playing the episode. All the others have pulled me in and got me engaged.. And I usually enjoy penultimate episodes of Telltale.

A little late on this, but it wasn't a bad trailer per say, just below the standards of other penultimate trailers, which are normally very good. Still very much excited for the episode and seeing the different consequences I'll end up receiving.

• I actually really liked the trailer, personally speaking, coming from someone who didn't think the first three trailers were extraordinary.

A little late on this, but it wasn't a bad trailer per say, just below the standards of other penultimate trailers, which are normally very good. Still very much excited for the episode and seeing the different consequences I'll end up receiving.

• edited October 2017

There's a couple YouTuber already playing episode 4 , careful of spoiler

Sign in to comment in this discussion.