GOTG Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Rated by Australia, Releasing October 10th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• edited September 2017

So we just have a rating and not even a peep after that. I wonder how this game would fair if it didn’t come after ANF or maybe it wouldn’t make a difference. It feels weird that minecraft episode 4 already has more pages than guardians and the episode has only been out a week while guardians has been a month. I’m thinking possibly the 10th then minecraft on the 17th.

• It is weird.. but I don't think ANF matters here. This is the second time I'm saying this here, but I hope so! Maybe this time lol

Creeper1846 posted: »

So we just have a rating and not even a peep after that. I wonder how this game would fair if it didn’t come after ANF or maybe it wouldn’t

• Well speaking of Minecraft, this series doesn't even get any worthwhile teases. It's usually just the off-chance VA tweeting about a day in the studio, and then a blog post or something.

Minecraft 204's Waiting Thread (which is, yeah, a week old) already has 4 related tweets about it. Things like "Great Table read today!" "Finished our first draft." "Just did an early playthrough and it looks good!"
    But this series? Nah... just the deafening sound of silence. It just feels so empty and disconnected from the development, and all we get are governmental licences of a build of the game.

Creeper1846 posted: »

So we just have a rating and not even a peep after that. I wonder how this game would fair if it didn’t come after ANF or maybe it wouldn’t

• It saddens me that this game isn't getting the attention it deserves, it feels like it's sending Telltale the wrong message after the game successfully accomplishes many things that fans asked for. It's as if their lackluster games hold all the glory whilst the true gems are stuck in the chest.

• Well, remember, we have to keep in mind that there are plenty others who enjoy the game and support it, they just live outside these forums. (I do see quite a lot of people asking on Telltale's videos and tweets "Guardians Episode 4?" "We don't want this trash give us more Guardians!", blah, blah, etc.)

prink34320 posted: »

It saddens me that this game isn't getting the attention it deserves, it feels like it's sending Telltale the wrong message after the game s

• Yeah true, but it's the forums that are usually the most vocal about what they want from Telltale and now that we're given it, they're not getting praise but silence instead.

AChicken posted: »

Well, remember, we have to keep in mind that there are plenty others who enjoy the game and support it, they just live outside these forums.

• edited September 2017

If you guys want news, here's just a few small things about Episode 5, brought to you by Jess Krause (or is it Jess K Rause?) lead writer for Episode 5..

And... this.

• New Guardians dev commentary post on the news section: https://telltale.com/news/2017/09/finding-the-funny/

• yeah.... but..... what about the release date?

• I'm betting that we get the release date on October 3rd, the day Batman releases.

• I could see that happening actually if not that day at least the same week.

I'm betting that we get the release date on October 3rd, the day Batman releases.

• No way, I believe they even didnt start working on the GOTG. I believe that after the batman will be released in 2 days time they will anounce that the GOTG release will be in the end of october

I'm betting that we get the release date on October 3rd, the day Batman releases.

• Considering Episode 4 has already been rated I find that very hard to believe.

ilia1234 posted: »

No way, I believe they even didnt start working on the GOTG. I believe that after the batman will be released in 2 days time they will anounce that the GOTG release will be in the end of october

• Yeah, the episode is in some sort of playable state, or it wouldn't have been rated. I don't know what is taking them so long. Maybe something went wrong with the voice over? The episode might very well have been rated without the voice over since it has subtitles, maybe TellTale is having trouble getting the main VAs. That would explain why we didn't even get the usual "having fun at the studio today!" sort of tweet yet.

lupinb0y posted: »

Considering Episode 4 has already been rated I find that very hard to believe.

• Could also be the usual episode rewrite, which I think seems more likely.

Abeille posted: »

Yeah, the episode is in some sort of playable state, or it wouldn't have been rated. I don't know what is taking them so long. Maybe somethi

• Can they do that after the episode is rated? Wouldn't it have to be rated again if it is rewritten?

Could also be the usual episode rewrite, which I think seems more likely.

• It could be a myriad of things of why this is taking so long. Since it has been rated, they have done some work on it so far, and it seems to be in a relatively complete state so that AU rating board rates the episode accordingly. But I don't know what it could be. Maybe:

1. TTG was having a hard time getting all the necessary VAs on board.
    2. People were being shifted around from one project to another again, slowing down the process of Guardians (and maybe even Batman).
    3. They had rewritten a lot of the plot, and have been figuring out how to get all of it working story-wise.
    4. A lot of the time was spent working out the effects and consequences of the Forge choice.
    5. A lot of the time was spent working out the effects and consequences of the Nebula choice.

Yeah, the episode is in some sort of playable state, or it wouldn't have been rated. I don't know what is taking them so long. Maybe somethi

• Okay, it is being worked upon, and Telltale will deliver. It's safe to assume that we'll be getting a release date soon, if these tweets are any indication.
    (person replying to a post about the "Finding the Funny" article)

• After the rating and without any tweets alluding to voice work, I'd say the first option is the most probable. We always get tweets alluding to voice work being done.

If they rewrite it, will they have to submit it for rating again? It would make sense to do so. Also, would they submit it for rating without all the effects and consequences of all choices already in? I'd think they wouldn't, since if they didn't finish the branches, something in one of the branches could warrant a higher rating and that could cause legal problems in some countries.

It could be a myriad of things of why this is taking so long. Since it has been rated, they have done some work on it so far, and it seems t

• I'm assuming if they rewrite it, they would probably have to send it in again. Even then, yes, the rating board would probably need to account for the many paths and possible scenes the player may encounter, so I think that would elongate the process.

After the rating and without any tweets alluding to voice work, I'd say the first option is the most probable. We always get tweets alluding

• Or it could be that because the endings of the last episode were so different they needed more time to make relatively different episodes to account for your decisions? At least that's what I'm hoping it is :P

Can they do that after the episode is rated? Wouldn't it have to be rated again if it is rewritten?

• That would make sense if the episode wasn't already rated. If it is rated, the story line must be ready, and episodes are usually released around 20 days after they are rated by Australia. The silence before the rating is ok, it's normal. After it? Especially after the usual 20-days period? That's unusual. That's why I doubt it has something to do with the story line. They can't be working on the story line at this point, unless they intend on submitting it for rating again.

Or it could be that because the endings of the last episode were so different they needed more time to make relatively different episodes to account for your decisions? At least that's what I'm hoping it is :P

• So now that Batman is out (mostly)...

"I Am Groot??"

• Almost a month since it's been rated... Did they forget to release it?

• Never happened before.

Almost a month since it's been rated... Did they forget to release it?

• kessjrausekessjrause Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2017

Hey guys,
    I don't usually come on here, but I saw some of you getting nervous, so I wanted to reassure you that everything is A-Okay on our front!
    The Guardians team is working really hard to make sure you guys get an episode that is super polished and fun to play. And Ep 4 is definitely fun to play!
    I know we've been kind of quiet, but we're all just as passionate about this game as you are, and we appreciate your enthusiasm.
    So don't worry! No fires over here! Everything's good -- Episode 4 is coming soooooooooon!!!

Have a Groot to ease your worries:
    enter image description here

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Thanks for the update :)

I'm really looking forward to see what happens next.

kessjrause posted: »

Hey guys, I don't usually come on here, but I saw some of you getting nervous, so I wanted to reassure you that everything is A-Okay on our

• Yay! Interaction!

Now I can rest easy for another month.

kessjrause posted: »

Hey guys, I don't usually come on here, but I saw some of you getting nervous, so I wanted to reassure you that everything is A-Okay on our

• Release date announced and trailer coming out tomorrow morning!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm just heading out so can't update the thread but the episode is releasing Oct 10th

• same time as shadow of war? who the heck thought that was a good idea?

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm just heading out so can't update the thread but the episode is releasing Oct 10th https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/915577268453249024

• Telltale be like silence, silence, silence, silence, silence, silence, "NEW EPISODE IS NEXT WEEK, BITCHES!"

I'm just heading out so can't update the thread but the episode is releasing Oct 10th https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/915577268453249024

• Oh god, it's GOT all over again...And this time it's happening to a series that's actually good! :(

Pipas posted: »

Telltale be like silence, silence, silence, silence, silence, silence, "NEW EPISODE IS NEXT WEEK, BITCHES!"

• OMG TELLTALE STOP GIVING ME THESE AWESOME SURPRISES.

Well this caught me off guard. After that small update it still seemed like we would have at least two more weeks to go.

Release date announced and trailer coming out tomorrow morning! https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/915577268453249024

• I am pumped! Really did not expect this one bit.

• Oh god, it's GOT all over again...And this time it's happening to a series that's actually good!

Could you please elaborate further? I don't remember when this happened to GoT, or what went wrong with it.

SonicGX98 posted: »

Oh god, it's GOT all over again...And this time it's happening to a series that's actually good!

• I like being surprised, but its sort of shitty for Guardians to just be treated as "eh its coming out next week...Play it maybe". I'm still super excited after how great episode 3 was.

• I vaguely remember episode 3 being pretty much a surprise release. They released screens on Friday and were like "oh and btw, it's coming out this Tuesday, lel."

Not that it's bad, I like surprise releases, if they're not accompanied by several weeks of silence.

Oh god, it's GOT all over again...And this time it's happening to a series that's actually good! Could you please elaborate further? I don't remember when this happened to GoT, or what went wrong with it.

• Holy crap wasn’t expecting this! Thought it was going to be the 17th.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.