Season 2 Ep 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing November 7th

Comments

• Currently Making it!

Abeille posted: »

Try https://www.needcoolshoes.com/

• I would be interested though I don't know if other people would be

I Might do a thread about this. Anyone intressed?

• Well looking down this comment sektion I created its totally caos xD I made everyone freak out even more then before.

I would be interested though I don't know if other people would be

• Yeah most of the time if a character has a lot of screen time, it means something is going to happen to them

Ikr Petra seems to play some big part within season 2 even if people dont see it.. I hope nothing happens to her

• Petra has had alot of screen-time....

Oh gosh

Yeah most of the time if a character has a lot of screen time, it means something is going to happen to them

• XD it's okay, I would still like to see a thread about it though, It's an intresting topic.

Well looking down this comment sektion I created its totally caos xD I made everyone freak out even more then before.

• I mean everyone, I like every character, even if they're bad. everyone has a good trait even if they're a bad character. I was trying to end the argument, sorry if I seemed rude

Not to be rude but you see our long opinionated comments and you say "Chill Out" I mean are we really that....energetic.

• edited October 2017

I like every character in mcsm even the Admin! And Stella! I just don't like characters who are boring like Axel and Olivia and characters who seem too perfect. So basically everyone who was in Jailhouse Block (main cast) I adore.

L-dog posted: »

I mean everyone, I like every character, even if they're bad. everyone has a good trait even if they're a bad character. I was trying to end the argument, sorry if I seemed rude

• edited October 2017

So... what does that mean for Jesse? :dizzy_face:

Yeah most of the time if a character has a lot of screen time, it means something is going to happen to them

• edited October 2017

o no

AChicken posted: »

So... what does that mean for Jesse?

• Well, I kinda think there's more ways to make an emotional scene then just killing someone, and I think this will be more of an emotional heartwarming scene

Whoever you brought with will probably die because they know you love them more O_O

• edited October 2017

I'm not. I'm completely against shipping in Minecraft.
    I was trying to allude to the fact that -- by that logic, Jesse should be up first to die.

Tekano posted: »

o no

• oh ok

it just seemed like you meant that since Petra had a bunch of screen time she would be with Jesse or something

I'm not. I'm completely against shipping in Minecraft. I was trying to allude to the fact that -- by that logic, Jesse should be up first to die.

• Jesse dying isn’t a far fetched idea. Main characters have died before

So... what does that mean for Jesse?

• Uh you guys know that's not possible..? There is one episode left in the season so if Jesse were to die it would be in episode 5

Jesse dying isn’t a far fetched idea. Main characters have died before

• If you don't mind Regem Aquilonis could I borrow your idea and make it into a thread of you don't want to?

XD it's okay, I would still like to see a thread about it though, It's an intresting topic.

• That would be a the worst cliffhanger though, like the very end of season 2 on the last episode at the very end if Jesse died. That would be a great cliffhanger but for us viewers it would be HORRIBLE.

Uh you guys know that's not possible..? There is one episode left in the season so if Jesse were to die it would be in episode 5

• edited October 2017

I don't think Minecraft would pull that twist. It would seem a bit too sudden and dark.

(And who would replace Jesse, what gender would they be? It wouldn't be too great if Telltale simply removed the agency the player already had in choosing exactly who they wanted to play as [gender, skin tone].)

Jesse dying isn’t a far fetched idea. Main characters have died before

• I hope so

oh ok it just seemed like you meant that since Petra had a bunch of screen time she would be with Jesse or something

• Well apparently Bigb has some behind the scenes or something.

• 3rd episode was by far the greatest! Really really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the 4th episode!

• Ok, so uh. how do I use photoshop to make this skin? Just need help XD

Currently Making it!

• (Ps. I already made the skin I'm tryingtomakeanother)

Ok, so uh. how do I use photoshop to make this skin? Just need help XD

• You are the one here speaking of him as if he was a real person, dude.

He is a character, and he is needed in the narrative for balance. I've been saying time and time again that he is needed, from a narrative standpoint. Objectively, a narrative is of worse quality because all characters involved have the same defining traits.

Your posts seem like a huge case of "stop liking what I don't like", as if I was saying that the only reason I want him in the game is because I like him as a character. It isn't, I also want him in the game because he is important to the quality of narrative to have a "voice of reason" kind of character in a group of fighters. As I proposed, they should bring OIivia back if they were to kill Lukas. Or, even better, save Petra's character, since her development went in a way completely opposite to how she was portrayed in Season 1, and make HER the "voice of reason". Back in Season 1, she protected Lukas, who she knew wasn't a fighter. In Season 2, she doesn't care about Radar's safety, even though she knows he has no chance on his own. That's not the Petra that used to be on my top 3 favourite Minecraft Story Mode characters. She isn't a hero anymore.

About Lukas's flaws, they were more evident in Season 1 (it is literally his fault Petra/Gabriel got captured by the storm, and he is extremely insecure about his leadership abilities because of Jesse being such a good leader), but he went through great character development in Season 1 and was able to overcome his fatal flaws. After everything he has been through, this character development is very believable and well-done.

Also "cinnamon roll" is a term that has been around the internet for a few years now. It is used when speaking of a character that is extremely sweet and/or innocent. It fits Lukas like a glove, but one of the reasons we use it to him is because of his voice actor. Scott Porter has a history of voicing characters that are super sweet. The entire phrase is "beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure", but it is often shortened to "beautiful cinnamon roll". It comes from this satirical article by The Onion. That's why you hear it so often, it is a meme.

Also also, it doesn't matter if "the entire fandom drools over him". I do not stop liking things just because they are popular, that would make no sense. Your argument does look like one of the reasons you don't like him is because he is popular in the fandom. I suggest you to try to overcome this kind of feeling, or you might miss out on some pretty great media in your life just because it is super popular.

Look you made some some good points there, not gonna lie. I get that Lukas is there for balance but that doesn't change the fact that I just

• Just would like to remind people freaking out that the lead writer for the season has stated that there are worse things than death. Something to keep in mind

• edited October 2017

lol why r u guys asking for a Jesse death, you already got one (episode 8 Mevia death) and plus you have all these non-canon death scenes lmao

I don't think Minecraft would pull that twist. It would seem a bit too sudden and dark. (And who would replace Jesse, what gender would t

• edited October 2017

I do not think TellTale tries to make him feel like a hero at all, since even when he shows up other characters do way more stuff than him (since they have more screen time even in episodes Lukas is in). He is a story teller, TellTale made that thing clear. Only now he acts when he needs to act and follow Jesse's lead without questioning it, as long as Jesse is making the moral decision.

His character developed in a way that he could get to a point where, despite his personality not being of a fighter, he fights when needed. He goes with Radar even if nobody else does, even though it is WAY more dangerous than going with Jesse and Petra, since Radar is even less of a fighter than him. I'd say that was a big moment for him right there, so it is not like he "used to have his moments", he still has his moments. Since he went back to Beacon Town, he had been in the action with Jesse just like Petra or Jack, and he fought on every scene that had a fight, so I don't know what you mean when you say he doesn't have his moments anymore.

People love him because it is very easy to identify with him. A huge portion of gamers are introverts, and it is interesting to have a character that wasn't brave from the start, but faced his fears in order to protect his friends anyway. It is easy to do brave deeds when you have always been brave. Lukas is someone who didn't fit the role asked from him from the start, he had to grow in it, and he did it. That's why so many people love him.

Also, because of Luke, a character from The Walking Dead Season 2. Same voice actor, similar name and similar personality. People with previous attachment to Luke instantly liked Lukas.

In my opinion, Lukas is just a nonchalant type of character. I feel like Telltale tries to make him feel like a hero (going back to when he

• edited October 2017

It is because some parts of your post do sound like a "stop liking what I don't like" argument, with some exasperation expressions like "gosh" and with some "SCREAMING" here and there. It didn't set a very polite tone, though I'm sure it wasn't your intention. That's probably why L-dog posted that.

Also anyone and everyone in the forum have a part on this. It is a public forum and they can comment on our discussion anytime they want. I actually would prefer them to do so.

Not to be rude but you see our long opinionated comments and you say "Chill Out" I mean are we really that....energetic.

• Post a screenshot when you are done!

Currently Making it!

• We are not asking for a Jesse death, I’m just saying it is possible

lol why r u guys asking for a Jesse death, you already got one (episode 8 Mevia death) and plus you have all these non-canon death scenes lmao

• Ok that's great- argument over.. your still not going to change my opinion on him though.

Abeille posted: »

You are the one here speaking of him as if he was a real person, dude. He is a character, and he is needed in the narrative for balance.

• you already got one (episode 8 Mevia death)

What? You do know that's not Jesse... right?

• ...Thank you!

Just would like to remind people freaking out that the lead writer for the season has stated that there are worse things than death. Something to keep in mind

• He means the scene where mevia kills Jesse

you already got one (episode 8 Mevia death) What? You do know that's not Jesse... right?

• Oh, right.

He means the scene where mevia kills Jesse

• I'm not trying to. I'm pointing out his character growth and the need for a character that doesn't have the same defining trait of all the others when you are telling a story. Other TellTale games, like Tales from the Borderlands, Guardians of the Galaxy and the first season of Minecraft Story Mode, also had a group of friends who are always with the protagonist. But because of their personalities being so different, they could play off each other very well.

All in all, I prefer the Season 1's group of protagonists because they were all very different from one another, which allowed each of them to shine in their own accord. Olivia was really mature and calm, Lukas was a scaredy cat who didn't fit in very well, Axel was a bully at first that ended up actually having a good heart and Petra had a heroic personality that wasn't one-note. That was good story telling. Just because the target audience is very young, it doesn't mean they deserve 3 copies of the same archetype in different intensities plus someone trying to be of that archetype.

Ok that's great- argument over.. your still not going to change my opinion on him though.

• Ye when bigb voiced one of the guards in ep3

Creeper1846 posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/914631765922168832 Well apparently Bigb has some behind the scenes or something.

• Worse things than death? Holy shit I am hyped.

Just would like to remind people freaking out that the lead writer for the season has stated that there are worse things than death. Something to keep in mind

• So somethings worse than death, maybe betraying?

• sure

If you don't mind Regem Aquilonis could I borrow your idea and make it into a thread of you don't want to?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.