TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Yeah I feel like the only way they can somewhat satisfy in that regard is flashbacks now. It is so odd to write a completely new cast in the final season of anything. Hopefully they make it work but I find it hard to believe.

I can't shrug off this impression: this series never had any sense of inter-season continuity. I feel as if there's barely anything gluing t

• So during the livestream when the mullet dude was bringing Clem out to that courtyard looking area, it sounds like he said something along the lines of "I guess you haven't been here a while." Now this is interesting because:

1. One of the choice options in that seen has Clem mention about her car.
    2. Clem walks in on AJ in another clip on the tv where she and AJ hug. However, she just leaned on the door and smiled as if she just checking up on him.
    3. TTG mentioned about Clem and AJ being on the road since ANF.

I'm getting this impression that Clem and AJ met the school kids, Clem left for some reason with her car (where did she get a car), and has returned. Now I could be wrong because in another clip, AJ is asking Clem if she trust their new group. If she didn't really trust them, why would she leave AJ with them?

Man... It needs to be August, now.

• It looks less like she's being shot and more like she's having her mind blown.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

BANG❗??

• Good to know I've been missin absolutely fuckin nothin.

• Alright, so heres a question

Who are these two on the steps? they dont look like any of the characters who have been shown off earlier, or maybe its just the quality fucking it up somehow

• I was always under the impression that there were more kids living in the Boarding School than the four we've been showcased.

Alright, so heres a question Who are these two on the steps? they dont look like any of the characters who have been shown off earlier, or maybe its just the quality fucking it up somehow

• edited June 2018

It would be nice to speak to minor characters. I hope there’s more females at The Bording School, it seems like most of the cast are males.

Alright, so heres a question Who are these two on the steps? they dont look like any of the characters who have been shown off earlier, or maybe its just the quality fucking it up somehow

• edited June 2018

So, is the combat similar to MC:SM S2 where it involves timing and dodging, or is it just walking up to the walker and choosing your attack?

Also... Please let us have one of these over-the-shoulder battles with a human character. Imagine how awesome that'd be! Where we'd really have to time and choose our moves very carefully.

• edited June 2018

My bad, read it as “I didn’t pick up ANF”; and it’s canon because Kirkman said it is.

Just because you didn't play it Where did I say I haven't played ANF? I'm genuinely curious It IS canon Explain how it's canon then

• its canon because kirkman said it is

where?when? in what interview? Send me a link

Megaodg33 posted: »

My bad, read it as “I didn’t pick up ANF”; and it’s canon because Kirkman said it is.

• edited June 2018

Starting to doubt that the episode length will at least be 2 hours+ based on the monthly release schedule, unless they've had a nice head start making them. Four episodes is already less content, if they are able to compensate by making each episode longer I'll be satisfied. I still think the 90 minute episode rule from season 2 needs to be thrown in the bin, along with the lack of time to get to know the characters due to the short episode lengths. Nothing I really say now will make that much of a difference since it's already well within development, if they listened to the fans all these years they should know what needs to be improved so hopefully they did.

On the plus side I'm really liking these little interactions I've seen so far. Marlon gives off Kenny vibes and I like that it's a much more simple story layout. No massive group's involved with a big cast. Just a small cast of characters the story is focused on that we get to know, just like season one.

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

Starting to doubt that the episode length will at least be 2 hours+ based on the monthly release schedule
    Four episodes is already less content
    if they listened to the fans all these years they should know what needs to be improved so
    Nothing I really say now will make that much of a difference

What will be your response if Season 4 isn't satisfactory at all?

Legendary12 posted: »

Starting to doubt that the episode length will at least be 2 hours+ based on the monthly release schedule, unless they've had a nice head st

• edited June 2018

Depends on what you'd consider as 'satisfactory.'
    To me it's if the episodes are well written and well paced whilst also managing to be emotionally engaging, but again restricting yourself to 90 minutes per episode makes that hard to do.

Beggars cant be choosers so right now I'll just settle for anything that's better than ANF. Maybe something better than even season 2 quality, i believe the plot layout we've been given for S4 does have a lot of potential.

If it turns out to be the worst in the series then I suppose my response would be that I'm glad they ended it this season. Although giving me more to complain about than ANF is a chore in itself, one which I hopefully doubt they'll be able to pull off. (Unless they give Clementine the shittiest send off possible in the last episode.)

Starting to doubt that the episode length will at least be 2 hours+ based on the monthly release schedule Four episodes is already less c

• Everyone flipping because of the 4 episodes thing but I'd rather take 4 good written and grounded episodes than rushed fuck ups

• You don’t know if the Episodes are going to be any good. Also Telltale want The Final Season to be finished this year, so that means monthly Episodes releases. Michonne and A New Frontier had monthly releases and every single one of their Episodes are SHORT.

Everyone flipping because of the 4 episodes thing but I'd rather take 4 good written and grounded episodes than rushed fuck ups

• How about a car accident where Javi ends up dying being thrown by the windshield ... would not that be enough?

I'd rather have Clementine and AJ trip over a pebble and die, rather than meet Javi again, let alone return to Richmond. I don't wanna be reminded of.....?* shudders *

• How about a hit and run "accident" where Javi is turned into ROAD KILL?

Firefox1972 posted: »

How about a car accident where Javi ends up dying being thrown by the windshield ... would not that be enough?

• Yes ... better the little well written than the very and poorly executed. I'm looking at you ... ANF.

Everyone flipping because of the 4 episodes thing but I'd rather take 4 good written and grounded episodes than rushed fuck ups

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

Just because they make the story shorter doesn’t mean it will somehow magically benefit from it. A poor story is still a poor story no matter how brief. But we do know this game is at its best when they take their time with it and let it breathe. With 4 episodes which will probably be in the 90-100 minute range. It appears that Telltale still has not learned that lesson, or any lessons ever.

• They announced the game last year during the summer. They've been working on this for a long long time.

Starting to doubt that the episode length will at least be 2 hours+ based on the monthly release schedule, unless they've had a nice head st

• They announced S3/ANF in July 2014, it released in December 2016, and episodes were a little over an hour. The gap between S1 and S2 was 13 months (November 2012 to December 2013) and episodes were 90-100 minutes. How long they're developing it does not translate into episode lengths.

gta3demon posted: »

They announced the game last year during the summer. They've been working on this for a long long time.

• I have faith in the team, especially after this same team just did Batman S2.

They announced S3/ANF in July 2014, it released in December 2016, and episodes were a little over an hour. The gap between S1 and S2 was 13

• edited June 2018

I have faith too, but I'm just going off the cold hard facts based on the past. If they can somehow go from pumping out 90 minute episodes every 2 -3 months in the days of s2 and ANF to 2+ hour episodes every month for s4 I'll be pleasantly surprised. One month to do an episode is absolutely nuts so I'm just having to assume they're not doing them one at a time anymore.

gta3demon posted: »

I have faith in the team, especially after this same team just did Batman S2.

• They used to do 3+ hour episodes with only about a month between before TWD if I recall correctly.

I have faith too, but I'm just going off the cold hard facts based on the past. If they can somehow go from pumping out 90 minute episodes e

• Yeah, we could really use another girl to foil Clementeen and White!Clementine.

It would be nice to speak to minor characters. I hope there’s more females at The Bording School, it seems like most of the cast are males.

• Maybe they will release it monthly because they are already working on other episodes

• It's the last waiting thread for a season opener of twd....Mr.telltale I don't feel so good ?

• edited June 2018

I can’t believe the García’s are not returning in The Final Season :'( I wanted them to at least to have a cameo :(

• Now ANF is even more pointless then before. I was hoping for at least a Javier cameo in the final season.

I can’t believe the García’s are not returning in The Final Season I wanted them to at least to have a cameo

• Gotta pander to the base.

I can’t believe the García’s are not returning in The Final Season I wanted them to at least to have a cameo

• edited June 2018

Excuse me? My opinions are valid like everyone else’s on here.

DabigRG posted: »

Gotta pander to the base.

• You're excused, my son.

Excuse me? My opinions are valid like everyone else’s on here.

• Yeah it’s sad but we will see other returning characters

• I don't wanna sound like a total bitch, but that little preview of TFS demo where Clementine first enters the boarding school seemed kinda dry. I know we barely saw anything, but yeah... I'm gonna try to say positive things now, can't keep looking at the issues of everything :D

• She IS having her mind blown

DabigRG posted: »

It looks less like she's being shot and more like she's having her mind blown.

• I do not believe that was Clem's first time at the school. I mentioned elsewhere that the mullet kid said something along the lines of "I guess you haven't been here in a while," which makes me believe that Clem is returning back to the school. This would also explain why pre-K age AJ remembers Clem so distinctively. If this season stays chronological with zero flashbacks, we might be looking at an opening where Clem is on the road returning to the boarding school. Why would Clem leave AJ again? That's a good question I'd like to find out.

Also, I could be wrong in my assumption since AJ asks Clem in another clip if Clem trusts the boarding school kids. This would assume it was their first time as it would be odd for Clem to willingly leave AJ with people she didn't trust.

I don't wanna sound like a total bitch, but that little preview of TFS demo where Clementine first enters the boarding school seemed kinda d

• I do not believe that was Clem's first time at the school

Maybe, but then what do you think could explain the shocked look on her face? Maybe the amount of people that were there?

eRock92 posted: »

I do not believe that was Clem's first time at the school. I mentioned elsewhere that the mullet kid said something along the lines of "I g

• Managed to catch most of TWDG content at PC Gaming stream on Twitch. It was the same gameplay footage from yesterday, but almost everything (including Clem and AJ hug, more of the Clem and AJ scene on the bunk bed) was in HD.

• More kids? A storm made it more run down? They built areas back up? I have absolutely no idea and really wish it was August so I can get an answer.

I do not believe that was Clem's first time at the school Maybe, but then what do you think could explain the shocked look on her face? Maybe the amount of people that were there?

• Here is the complete footage of Telltale’s segment at the PC stream.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.