TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• What time can we expect the teaser on Wednesday?

New teaser Wednesday, gameplay reveal Thursday on IGN's livestream! See you at Comic-Con https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1018921459190718464

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Morning PT.

What time can we expect the teaser on Wednesday?

• edited July 2018

How long will the gameplay be? Also will the teaser be screenshots? :) @mostlypoptarts

• San Diego is 10h behind from where I live ?

It's a teaser! As in video!

How long will the gameplay be? Also will the teaser be screenshots? @mostlypoptarts

• If we preordered on PS4, will the first episode be available right when it turns 8/14 at midnight?

• I would imagine it would be, that's how it has worked for other Telltale games I bought on the PS store.

If we preordered on PS4, will the first episode be available right when it turns 8/14 at midnight?

• edited July 2018

Doubtful. But depends on your time zone. IIRC the PS Store updates around 3-6 PM EST. So I would guess around those times. At least that's how it was with me and Batman S2.

If we preordered on PS4, will the first episode be available right when it turns 8/14 at midnight?

• For the first episode at the very least.

• edited July 2018

This may be completely unnecessary but I typed out the links and times for both livestreams as well as getting a link for the Pacific Timezone. Here are the links and times.

Telltale will be kicking off SDCC with an interview with IGN on Thursday at 4:20pm PT . This interview will include the world premiere of The Final Season’s gameplay footage. This link will take you straight to the livestream:

Telltale will then be appearing in another interview with Gammaray on Friday at 12:30pm PT. They will most likely go into more detail on the new gameplay and other things. This link will take you to that livestream:

Here is a link to the Pacific Time so you can keep an eye on what time the livestreams will be live: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pt

P.S. Apologies for my descriptions of each of the livestreams as I copied and pasted these comments I made on other platforms. Hope I helped out a couple of people and sorry if it is really unnecessary

I also noticed that when I first posted this that it showed what Gammaray was currently livestreaming. Hopefully this will change. If not I will be sure to edit this comment again when Gammaray creates the livestream in their Future Events Section. Sorry guys

• Will we be getting a full gameplay video with no one talking over it like in E3

• Man, I'm really hoping Episode 1 is called "Hard Knock Life".

• Just please don't pull a worse ending than Mass Effect 3 or Half Life 2.

• edited July 2018

The teaser of the walking dead coming wednesday at 8 am

• edited July 2018

That would be delightfully cruel naming all the episodes based around child centered media.
    Episode 2 - Kids are alright
    Episode 3 - Freaks and Geeks
    Episode 4 - Stand by Me

AChicken posted: »

Man, I'm really hoping Episode 1 is called "Hard Knock Life".

• In The Walking Dead universe, an episode named "Stand by Me" would be focused on the group finding a living person instead of a dead one.

That would be delightfully cruel naming all the episodes based around child centered media. Episode 2 - Kids are alright Episode 3 - Freaks and Geeks Episode 4 - Stand by Me

• Very delightfully cruel. I like it!

That would be delightfully cruel naming all the episodes based around child centered media. Episode 2 - Kids are alright Episode 3 - Freaks and Geeks Episode 4 - Stand by Me

• So this Lee leak if true will be a shocker because it's the first episode of the season....maybe leave him for the finale episode better I think.

Yes.

Teaser tomorrow at 8am PT (all our social pages).
    Gameplay with commentary on the IGN livestream, Thursday at 4:20pm PT (IGN's website and social pages).
    Gameplay without commentary, Friday at 8am PT (our YouTube and Facebook pages).

Will we be getting a full gameplay video with no one talking over it like in E3

• edited July 2018

After the teaser and gameplay, will there be an official trailer before release? @mostlypoptarts

• TellTale's Game Of Thrones has a Half-Life 2 ending. They announced a sequel, ended on a cliffhanger, and haven't mentioned it since.

AronDracula posted: »

Just please don't pull a worse ending than Mass Effect 3 or Half Life 2.

• Perfect. Right as I'm getting ready for my lunch break at work, I'll have lunchtime entertainment. (I'm EST for those who are confused)

Yes. Teaser tomorrow at 8am PT (all our social pages). Gameplay with commentary on the IGN livestream, Thursday at 4:20pm PT (IGN's website and social pages). Gameplay without commentary, Friday at 8am PT (our YouTube and Facebook pages).

• They put Game Of Thrones on hold till the shows ending

eRock92 posted: »

TellTale's Game Of Thrones has a Half-Life 2 ending. They announced a sequel, ended on a cliffhanger, and haven't mentioned it since.

• I would assume so which is how telltale typical does the promotion for recent seasons. A teaser a month or so before then a full length trailer near the release.

After the teaser and gameplay, will there be an official trailer before release? @mostlypoptarts

• Ok boys, we have t minus 30 minutes to the teaser!

Props to Caroline @mostlypoptarts for organizing this for us!

• Teaser

• I’m so exited i can’t wait anymore!

Pipas posted: »

Teaser

• I WANT THIS NOW!!!! That was a teaser and a half....reminds me a bit of Watership Down...a supposed safe place that is actually a trap for another group that stays hidden. Of course that is just my guess from the teaser. That guy smoking the cigar could almost be an older Nate.

• edited July 2018

HOLD UP

Nate and Lilly were both last seen near the same forest at a similar time

Returning characters=Lilly and Nate

• Confirmed!?!?!!1!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

HOLD UP Nate and Lilly were both last seen near the same forest at a similar time Returning characters=Lilly and Nate

• edited July 2018

That guy smoking the cigar could almost be an older Nate.

That was my immediate first thought. That would be an interesting choice to have him be the returning character. I've seen people demand that he return, and he wouldn't be a bad choice because he doesn't have a connection to Clem, thus making it more realistic if he were to come back, instead of someone like Lily or Christa.

I WANT THIS NOW!!!! That was a teaser and a half....reminds me a bit of Watership Down...a supposed safe place that is actually a trap for

• Anyone else see Richmond? Idk how to post pictures from my phone but there's a part where AJ looks at 2 graves. The exact same 2 graves we see in ANF Episode 4

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I remember people getting hyped thinking that Nick was Kenny in the season 2 episode 1 trailer and then ended up disappointed when it wasn’t him.

I liked Nate in 400 days and would love to see him return but i’m not going to get my hopes up yet.

HOLD UP Nate and Lilly were both last seen near the same forest at a similar time Returning characters=Lilly and Nate

• Wow maybe is he

• Lol I thought Walter came back from the dead

• It can't just be me who saw the similarities, right?

• Hype level increased

• Fixed

Hype level increased

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Hm, it would seem the mystery man at the end of the teaser has heterochromia (two different colored eyes)

Blue/green and brown.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.