TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• where did you see that the episode is only 50 minutes long?

Did they say how long Episode 1 will be? There are people that are saying it will be a 50 minute Episode. I watched the livestream but the g

• edited July 2018

All we got is a comment from mostlypoptarts that states the premiere at least will be a decent length.

Did they say how long Episode 1 will be? There are people that are saying it will be a 50 minute Episode. I watched the livestream but the g

• Also it seems that Telltale is definitely planning for more Walking Dead games down the line. Kent was very careful to say that it will be the last title involving Clementine.

• there was a group of people in the comments section of a livestream that said that. I didn't believe them and I still don't but I was a lot more focused on the gameplay so I missed a lot of what Kent said. sorry

where did you see that the episode is only 50 minutes long?

• I know. But I wanted to check in with the forums to see about that statement of 50 minute Episodes as I was 110% focused on gameplay.

All we got is a comment from mostlypoptarts that states the premiere at least will be a decent length.

• Whoever asked about license plates - The license plate says "Virginia"

• Gotcha. Thanks.

Whoever asked about license plates - The license plate says "Virginia"

• I kind of just love how Clem picks up a deer skull like "that'd be cool on the hood of our car" lmao

• The question is, how is she holding it inside that little bag. ?

I kind of just love how Clem picks up a deer skull like "that'd be cool on the hood of our car" lmao

• You should ask Molly, she carried a car jack in that little backpack of hers.

The question is, how is she holding it inside that little bag. ?

• Ooh. Just thought of another child-centric episode title:

Never Say Die

• I think it is about time to invade this thread and give my current thoughts....... OH MY GOD!!!!!!! The Gameplay was absolutely unbelievable!!! The artstyle and graphics are amazing!! I really like the little notes like "AJ is a really good shot". Telltale honestly I love you guys!!! Since The Final Season was announced I had high hopes for it and with what I saw today...... I feel that you guys did such an amazing job!! Keep it up!!! Honestly as cringy as this sounds I really love you Telltale :heart: :smile:

• Just in case anyone missed the interview.... Here it is :smile:

Please do not pay much attention to the A New Frontier Episode 5 image. IGN just decided to use it as a thumbnail for the actual interview. Hope you enjoy the interview :smile:

• edited July 2018

I don’t know man. Before ANF they just boasted about stuff and never actually showed to much of anything before release. This seems different.

AronDracula posted: »

Ok the gameplay looks solid and better than ANF. But I still don't want to be hyped because I don't want to make the same mistakes.

• You actually got a point there. But we still have to see the story. I don't want any forced relationships, characters that die without any meaning, ones that are hated due to bad writing and determinant characters that die no matter what.

Another thing, no splitting episodes in 2 parts.

I don’t know man. Before ANF they just boasted about stuff and never actually showed to much of anything before release. This seems different.

• edited July 2018

Indeed, I caught that, too. This is actually his second time mentioning it as he also provided similar comments at IGN's E3. I'm going to re-post a portion of my thread from "It's official, TFS isn't actually Final."

"The opening question during the IGN stream: "Robert Kirkman's whole idea for the walking dead, was that it'd be a zombie movie that never ended. Why does your story have to end?"

Kent: "Well, this is SPECIFICALLY the end of Clementine's story which is like, it's a journey that the studio & the fans have been on for years. An arc that started when Clementine was protected by and trained to survive by Lee. That story is going to come to an end this season and uh, give the fans a satisfying conclusion to THAT arc."

Capitalization was done where his tone indicated he was adding emphasis & weren't done by me just for Lulz.

Source: ign.com/videos/2018/06/14/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-final-season-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2018

& now at SDCC, again courtesy of IGN, we get “This season is the end of Clementine’s journey, and that’s as much as I’ll say on that.”

Source: ign.com/articles/2018/07/19/comic-con-2018-telltale-doesnt-rule-out-more-the-walking-dead-games-after-season-4

Indeed, Kent, no more has to be said for us to logically conclude that there will be more Telltale TWD in the future. This is their Spyro, their Crash Bandicoot, their Tekken, CoD, etc. I mean c'mon, if you were CEO or someone that is involved in deciding the next titles to develop at Telltale Games, would you abandon your main franchise that brought your studio into the limelight & is basically your bread and butter? Any rational line of thinking would indicate a big fat "NOPE." Let's just keep them guessing and craving for more, that'll help build suspense and good old word of mouth marketing!

I'll admit it, I gotta give them props. TellTale Games is awesome at everything they do, even emulating how Scott Gimple oversees adding mystery hype for TWD PR & when he appears on Talking Dead panels. Keep up the good work, I think I speak for mostly everyone when I say:

Also it seems that Telltale is definitely planning for more Walking Dead games down the line. Kent was very careful to say that it will be the last title involving Clementine.

• As much as I hate to be that guy, perhaps the reason we're getting an ambiguous confirmation about follow up titles from Kent is because something major that ties into future installments is POSSIBLY going to happen to Clementine, but will also provide context as to why the game will eventually go on.

Perhaps this is the beginning of what we've been asking for, characters that actually will carry over into future seasons that we will see & grow with much like we did with Clem, given far more older upon introduction. We might not play as AJ, Marlon, or Violet in the next installment, but I wouldn't rule them out as being present if something does indeed happen to Clementine.

We don't know what, but as someone that has been trying not to think about the possibility, it's the only thing that makes sense to me for this series to go forward. Otherwise everyone is going to ask about Clem randomly popping up in future installments much like we do nowadays with Lilly, Christa, & Molly.

You actually got a point there. But we still have to see the story. I don't want any forced relationships, characters that die without any m

• Or perhaps it's because they don't want to close the door on the possibility of returning to the franchise with a definitive "we're done" rather than any active plans on doing so at the moment.

Regardless, this was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see. The teaser was ok, but this looked fantastic. If they can keep up this type of gameplay as the episodes go on without resorting to an increasingly on rails experience, this could turn out really good.

• Anyone know where I can watch it

• xxplvb posted: »

Anyone know where I can watch it

• edited July 2018

Telltale have just uploaded the first 15 minutes of The Final Season. No talking, no cuts just pure gameplay :smile:

• The visuals are stunning, the new camera is great, AJ is awesome, the combat is a cool new feature and the ending parallels the start of Season 1. I’m pumped.

Telltale have just uploaded the first 15 minutes of The Final Season. No talking, no cuts just pure gameplay

• edited July 2018

Thank Telltale for that :smile: I always had the feeling that The Final Season would be amazing and after seeing the gameplay I think my feelings and thoughts are kind of justified/ correct. Of course I sound really big headed and arrogant by saying that but I honestly do think that from what we got that Telltale have really been listening to us and have been working extremely hard to produce a memorable Final Season. The art-style, gameplay and the choices look extremely good so far

Mattsag207 posted: »

The visuals are stunning, the new camera is great, AJ is awesome, the combat is a cool new feature and the ending parallels the start of Season 1. I’m pumped.

• edited July 2018

They've seemed to have implemented the fight scenes with a first person point of view in moments.
    This intrigues me to see just how they'll use this feature throughout the game.
    Moments with gunplay using this could be fun.
    EDIT: I know they've used this before in previous seasons, sparingly however which is why I'm hoping they can use it again with more variables depending on the players choice of weapon etc.

Telltale have just uploaded the first 15 minutes of The Final Season. No talking, no cuts just pure gameplay

• Telltale have used the first person camera numerous times throughout Season One. It really helps with immersion :smile: but I think I babbled on for long enough :lol: The Final Season is giving me some Season One vibes which is brilliant :smile:

They've seemed to have implemented the fight scenes with a first person point of view in moments. This intrigues me to see just how they'l

• :joy: . . .

Man this gameplay is intense. It looks a lot like Invader Zim, interesting design decision!

• The first 15minutes look quite promising and I love the over the shoulder camera. Can't wait to see more!

• edited July 2018

In regards to that choice where you can decide whether or not AJ can swear..... What would you guys pick? Honestly I would go for the watch the swears option as I want my Clementine to set a good example for AJ similar to how my Lee set a good example for her. I know my own reasoning is pretty silly and it is pretty far into the apocalypse so people wouldn't really care if they see a child dropping F-Bombs and all that but I really want Clementine to come full circle, to pass the same lessons that she learned from Lee onto AJ. I want Clementine to show AJ what the world was like before it became inhabited by walkers :smile: Sorry if my reasoning is ridiculous

• After i saw Comic-Con teaser trailer and 15 minutes of gameplay footage i have pre-ordered my Last Season on PS4. So now we need to wait 25 more days to play Episode 1...

• To be fair, those were choices that [were meant to] affected/reflected your relationship with the associated character.
    Assuming the latter is what I think it is, anyway.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Wow. Actually interesting choices? Not "pinky swear or not" or "shoot the kid or not"? My confidence is restoring!

• Still? Hm.

Whoever asked about license plates - The license plate says "Virginia"

• And/or a battery.

Don't forget Lee keeping a blowtorch in his backpockey.

You should ask Molly, she carried a car jack in that little backpack of hers.

• edited July 2018

Fun Fact: It has been One Year since Telltale first announced The Walking Dead: The Final Season at San Diego Comic Con 2017!! :smile:

• Important question: How would talking to AJ go in that hub? And why didn't they?

• edited July 2018

The fat stacks of cash he earned as a History Professor probably helped with that

DabigRG posted: »

And/or a battery. Don't forget Lee keeping a blowtorch in his backpockey.

• Well they did purposely avoid the option to examine the tire swing (possible callback to the St. John's farm?). They seem to have skipped several hub options probably to give us plenty to explore. And what better way to tease the hub options than to walk right past them and essentially go "look at that over there... I et you wanna know what it does... gotta wait until the release date." It's like telling a child we'll get ice cream after dinner and then strolling though a Cold Stone, looking at the display of ice creams, then walking out just to tease about it. Cruel but effective... at least to me. I already know I going to click all the options they walked right past, including that tire swing... and that last item in the car... and the other skipped food options.

DabigRG posted: »

Important question: How would talking to AJ go in that hub? And why didn't they?

• I guess. It's just that one dialogue option would've been neat(and informative) to show.

Didn't notice the tire swing.

eRock92 posted: »

Well they did purposely avoid the option to examine the tire swing (possible callback to the St. John's farm?). They seem to have skipped s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.