TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• edited July 2018

Telltale will be appearing in another interview with Gammaray today at 12:30pm PT. They will most likely go into more detail on the new gameplay and other things (just an assumption). This link will take you to that livestream :smile:

UPDATE: I got the time wrong. I am sorry guys

• No swearing allowed. Kenny would be very disappointed if we let him start dropping f bombs. We need to teach him how to survive but that doesn't mean we need to start throwing away what little innocence and childhood he may have left.

In regards to that choice where you can decide whether or not AJ can swear..... What would you guys pick? Honestly I would go for the watch

• Yeah I don't want AJ to swear. At least not in my playthrough. And I do agree with you 110% :smile:

No swearing allowed. Kenny would be very disappointed if we let him start dropping f bombs. We need to teach him how to survive but that doesn't mean we need to start throwing away what little innocence and childhood he may have left.

• So did anything new happen in the Gammaray interview? I completely missed it.... :disappointed:

• And as much as I want to call AJ a shitbird in homage to Kenny, I will probably have to abstain... :(

Yeah I don't want AJ to swear. At least not in my playthrough. And I do agree with you 110%

• I say: Fuck it, curse as fucking much as you like you damn shitbird.

Look, it's the apocalypse, it's probably the least of anyone's concern if a kid is cursing, especially since Clem may have been doing it since she was 8. The kid is going to here the stuff anyway, especially now, so why shield him from it. They don't really live in a time where shielding a person's innocence is going to work out.

Besides, my Clem and him will be listening to a lot of metal music anyway, that shit has a ton of curse words in it.

In regards to that choice where you can decide whether or not AJ can swear..... What would you guys pick? Honestly I would go for the watch

• My goal will be to teach AJ that nothing matters besides keeping yourself and the ones you care about alive. I’m going to let him swear because holding on to unimportant old values and “rules” don’t matter anymore.

• Thanks for the reply!! And yeah you make some really good points :smile: I just think that AJ should refrain from saying curse words as despite being around 8-9 years into the Zombie Apocalypse where the old rules of society are pretty much buried and forgotten, he is still a child. Teaching AJ the necessary aspects of surviving in a world overrun by walkers along with setting a good example for AJ by teaching him to always do the right thing (similar to how I played Season One as Lee by trying to set a good example for Clementine and to show her how to behave and interact with other survivors) are my top priorities in The Final Season.

Sorry if I mumbled on or if my wording caused any confusion. By the way I watched your reaction to the 15 minute gameplay and I really enjoyed it!! :smiley:

I say: Fuck it, curse as fucking much as you like you damn shitbird. Look, it's the apocalypse, it's probably the least of anyone's conce

• Thank you for replying :smile: I get what you mean. The world of The Walking Dead has no plans on going back to how things used to be so it is better to focus on what is important in the moment: Survival. Again thank you for responding :smile:

My goal will be to teach AJ that nothing matters besides keeping yourself and the ones you care about alive. I’m going to let him swear because holding on to unimportant old values and “rules” don’t matter anymore.

• On second thought I'm starting to feel I should call AJ shitbird in homage of Kenny... how do you think Kenny would have felt about that?

• forced relationships

This is the deal breaker for me. I understand Clem is "of age" and all, but don't force it down our throat to a point where we begin to hate that particular character. I'm not shipping any "ships" this year.

AronDracula posted: »

You actually got a point there. But we still have to see the story. I don't want any forced relationships, characters that die without any m

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

In honor of Kenny? Pfft, I'm doing it in honor of my boy Ben. The Holy Spirit of Fucking Everything Up must live on and be remembered.

On second thought I'm starting to feel I should call AJ shitbird in homage of Kenny... how do you think Kenny would have felt about that?

• I mean it's kinda like the Lee & Clem situation. I for one said "Manure" lol I didn't wanna swear around this kid I just met. Then we find out if we do, she starts to say it. But thinking about, it's only "Sht" this kid AJ goes full sailor and blurts out "Fck" :D. It's preference but I won't allow it. And I totally agree with you by setting a good example, I'll be taking that route as well but still try toughening him up as much as I can. The apocalypse is no excuse to let someone do/say what they want, especially someone his age.

• When he stood by the swing?

DabigRG posted: »

Important question: How would talking to AJ go in that hub? And why didn't they?

• MyushaMyusha Banned

Hope they let us take our time in hubs. That's my only worry. But I feel we should be good.

Promising start. But let's see if our new cast of characters are worth a damn.

• I agree. I also said manure as that is what it is called so I was just saying what it was in a friendly way towards an 8 year old child. I think it is really cool that we get to decide if AJ can swear as it allows for a more unique experience for players. Some people will be all for it and select it as it is the apocalypse, the old world has fallen and long forgotten by people. But I want my Clementine to show AJ some of the aspects of life from the old world as well as teaching him the ways of the new world. I want AJ to toughen up and become capable of survival but I want to show him that despite the state of the world there is still good people out there and to try to be kind to them. Oh and to always do the right thing if he is confronted with a difficult decision! :smile:

Hopefully I made sense as I am not quite good at explaining stuff :smile:

I mean it's kinda like the Lee & Clem situation. I for one said "Manure" lol I didn't wanna swear around this kid I just met. Then we fi

• Kenny :cry: RIP man we miss you :heart:

And as much as I want to call AJ a shitbird in homage to Kenny, I will probably have to abstain...

• I want AJ to toughen up and become capable of survival but I want to show him that despite the state of the world there is still good people out there and to try to be kind to them.

Yes! You & I are most likely going to get the same ending lol.
    And another thing that's crazy is - weather or not we decide to swear in front of Clem early on, in ANF she swears regardless. I think she says "fck" a few times. I hated that, it was really off putting! I may be overreacting, but it was really cringe to say the least.

Hopefully I made sense

Yep :)

I agree. I also said manure as that is what it is called so I was just saying what it was in a friendly way towards an 8 year old child. I t

• Yes! You & I are most likely going to get the same ending lol.

Hopefully a "Happy Ending" to Clementine's journey. She deserves it!

And another thing that's crazy is - weather or not we decide to swear in front of Clem early on, in ANF she swears regardless. I think she says "fck" a few times. I hated that, it was really off putting! I may be overreacting, but it was really cringe to say the least

That aspect of A New Frontier bothered me along with how Kenny's fate was handled. I still really enjoyed A New Frontier but I am very well aware of the flaws that are present in it. But I prefer to acknowledge the positive aspects of the game rather than jump on the bandwagon of hate for it :smile: But yeah I did find Clementine's use of swear words to be unusual. It did make her sound tough and grown up but it didn't sound like Clementine to me.

I want AJ to toughen up and become capable of survival but I want to show him that despite the state of the world there is still good people

• a "Happy Ending"

I'm hoping for it, but I won't talk about it. I don't wanna jinx it lol.

how Kenny's fate was handled.

Terrible. After it happened I was in shock and turned my game off. Took me three days I think to start back. He deserved much better as well. Hopefully he's still out there for the people who chose to stay at Wellington. But who knows.

didn't sound like Clementine to me.

Exactly! When we first met up with Clem in S3 I was confused. They made her too edgy and it was awful. It was at a point where I loved being around her all the time to being annoyed every time she was on screen :/. But it looks like she's changed for the better this time around.

Yes! You & I are most likely going to get the same ending lol. Hopefully a "Happy Ending" to Clementine's journey. She deserves

• don't force it down our throat to a point where we begin to hate that particular character.

Or in this series's case, remotely/unintentionally/indirectly.

Also

don't force it down Clem's throat

Fixed.

forced relationships This is the deal breaker for me. I understand Clem is "of age" and all, but don't force it down our throat to a point where we begin to hate that particular character. I'm not shipping any "ships" this year.

• Again, didn't the swing.

I'm talkin bout inside the shack, after seeing the security window.

When he stood by the swing?

• Dude you are a savage :D :D

don't force it down our throat to a point where we begin to hate that particular character. Or in this series's case, remotely/unintentionally/indirectly. Also don't force it down Clem's throat Fixed.

• edited July 2018

But I prefer to acknowledge the positive aspects of the game rather than jump on the bandwagon of hate

♪Here we are, old friend!
    Together again!♩

it didn't sound like Clementine to me.

I wanna tell a joke here, but it won't work.

Yes! You & I are most likely going to get the same ending lol. Hopefully a "Happy Ending" to Clementine's journey. She deserves

• Ohh, probably just to discuss finding their way in or something about the couple.

Again, didn't the swing. I'm talkin bout inside the shack, after seeing the security window.

• I'm been trying to abstain from that behavior recently, but I just couldn't let that go completely un-commented on.

Dude you are a savage

• Lol gosh I set myself up.

I'm been trying to abstain from that behavior recently, but I just couldn't let that go completely un-commented on.

• how Kenny's fate was handled.
    Terrible. After it happened I was in shock and turned my game off. Took me three days I think to start back. He deserved much better as well. Hopefully he's still out there for the people who chose to stay at Wellington. But who knows.

I was so shocked as to how it happened. Like the chances are so slim for it to actually occur but it doesn't make it totally impossible. But seeing Kenny in that shape broke me I really couldn't believe it. I cried when PewDiePie killed him in Season Two Episode 5 but I was on the verge of tears after I saw the A New Frontier Episode 1 Flashback of him dying.

didn't sound like Clementine to me.
    Exactly! When we first met up with Clem in S3 I was confused. They made her too edgy and it was awful. It was at a point where I loved being around her all the time to being annoyed every time she was on screen . But it looks like she's changed for the better this time around.

While a lot of people didn't enjoy Javier I really enjoyed a number of the interactions he had with Clementine. He was very chill and laid back despite the world being the way it was and I felt that it made Clementine realise that there is still good people around that are worth being there for. At least that is how I view it :smile:

a "Happy Ending" I'm hoping for it, but I won't talk about it. I don't wanna jinx it lol. how Kenny's fate was handled.

• EEEEh--again, tryin to those comments to minimum, so I'll just say it's not your fault.

Lol gosh I set myself up.

• Yes it was really difficult accepting he was "gone". But what are the odds? It just seemed so misplaced for him to die like that. I'm really hoping Telltale does something with the Wellington ending. And I personally enjoyed ANF for the most part, but I do agree with some of the objections in the community. But I don't think it was the "worst game ever". It could've had a little more polishing before release but I was satisfied :)

how Kenny's fate was handled. Terrible. After it happened I was in shock and turned my game off. Took me three days I think to start back

• Terrible. After it happened I was in shock and turned my game off. Took me three days I think to start back. He deserved much better as well.

Sounds like me after Amid the Ruins.

a "Happy Ending" I'm hoping for it, but I won't talk about it. I don't wanna jinx it lol. how Kenny's fate was handled.

• Lol thx.

EEEEh--again, tryin to those comments to minimum, so I'll just say it's not your fault.

• That was pretty heavy as well.

Terrible. After it happened I was in shock and turned my game off. Took me three days I think to start back. He deserved much better as well. Sounds like me after Amid the Ruins.

• Kenny's death was fine. Got launched out of a car...back broken still kept Clem and AJ safe by distracting walkers. Quit your whining whiners.

• edited July 2018

Melissa Hutchison and Dave Fennoy participated in an interview with Gammaray earlier today. They spoke about Clementine's journey from Season One to The Final Season. There were also some strong hints towards a certain character from Season One to return in The Final Season. Sadly they did not give any names but it is most likely Lilly I think :smile: Melissa also said that she will be part of the Panel for PAX West. So that pretty much confirms that Telltale will be attending PAX West.

Here is the link to the stream (skip to 02:19:04 for the interview)

• So did the walker crawling along the road at the very beginning remind anyone else of Kenny and how he died after being crippled and left on the road?

• Nah.
    All I thought was how oddly classy yet clever of the story to begin with one crawl down the road to set the stage from Clementeen and AJ driving in the direction--only to NOT just run over the thing as they drive by.

So did the walker crawling along the road at the very beginning remind anyone else of Kenny and how he died after being crippled and left on the road?

• edited July 2018

re: swears: my Lee (almost?) always says manure, because he's a former teacher and would probably like Clem to know big words. She'll hear shit anyways (like in the drug store). I try to avoid having Clem swear when playing as her cuz I dunno! That's just how I feel like playing as her. I'll let AJ swear, though. Since we're this far into the ZA, it means these words won't have as much, like, "taboo power." I mean, what's the difference between shit and poo other than that one is arbitrarily censored?

• I'll let AJ swear, though. Since we're this far into the ZA.

Thats what makes "Watch the swears" so cute. Clem sticking with the principles of the old world which she used to know

• edited July 2018

Totally agree with you. While it isn't a top priority, I feel that they should hold on to whatever values they have left.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.