TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

Isn't it supposed to be after it gets rated by New Zealand when the leaks star popping up?

I went there just now. All it was was a meme/reaction face. People in the comments were equally confused as you are, asking where the leaks

• edited July 2018

Clem looks pissed :|

• Mom says it's my turn on the Xbox

Clem looks pissed

• When I saw that thread on Reddit I didn't even know about the gif.

I honestly thought they were just referencing the fact that usually a week or 2 before an episode drops there is usually someone who managed to get the game and post leaks well before the release since it happened for both S2 and S3.

I do think you'd be best staying safe and staying away from YouTube though when there's only a week left. Thats usually when the spoiler thumbnails and titles start popping up everywhere.

• edited July 2018

That Kratos face, I like it.

Clem looks pissed

• edited July 2018

In the new footage Clem's backpack just disappears after the grenade goes off.
    Here she's got it, then here it just disappears
    Edit: it appears again in the car scene, here

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited July 2018

The footage they showed was pre-release footage so it's possible that some bugs are/where still in the game which should be fixed by release.

In the new footage Clem's backpack just disappears after the grenade goes off. Here she's got it, then here it just disappears Edit: it appears again in the car scene, here

• Oh yeah, of course, just noticed that and thought I'd share it.

OzzyUK posted: »

The footage they showed was pre-release footage so it's possible that some bugs are/where still in the game which should be fixed by release.

• Should. There are still a few things in the first ANF episode that haven't been fixed, though I did notice a few differences in the episodes after in the playthrough I did recently.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I’m pretty sure it has already been fixed, at SDCC it looks like they played a different demo during a IGN stream as there was no watermark on the bottom and the backback glitch appeared to be fixed.

Should. There are still a few things in the first ANF episode that haven't been fixed, though I did notice a few differences in the episodes after in the playthrough I did recently.

• edited July 2018

We see Clementine at the train station with a schedule behind her.

We can see the same schedule behind this man and both scenes have the same stripped wallpaper. So this tells us that this man is at the same train station at night.

We can see Clementine, AJ and Violet running way with supplies. Or maybe they are running away from the man?

So this leads me to think that this man set up the booby trap and the suicide note with the couple.

Clementine, AJ and Violet steals the mans supplies. Then near the end of the episode, him and his men are at the gate of The Boarding School and the drama starts there.

Also then we see Clementine with The Bording School group. Clementine looks surprised, while they are being held at gunpoint and it’s revealed to be a returning character. Christa is in his group and she has completely changed from where we last met her. Christa is one of the main villains in The Final Season.

This is just speculation and theories.

• edited July 2018

Can't believe that I missed this. I think you're on the something. Based on Louis' reaction on the left I'd assume that the returning character is in one of the rival adult groups. Everything is pointing to Lilly coming back.

But like I have to point out the chubby dude to the right with no facial animation really takes me out of it, he looks so bad

We see Clementine at the train station with a schedule behind her. We can see the same schedule behind this man and both scenes have the

• I looked and their isn’t anything. It’s just people commenting “what leaks?” and shit like that.

I followed up and went to see for myself and the discussion itself is called "leaks leaks and more leaks" . I didn't check out the contents

• Yeah I didn’t fully explain what I actually said in that comment I made. I saw VengefulKenny comment that there is supposed leaks on reddit so I went and checked reddit and saw that there was a discussion created titled “leaks leaks and more leaks” I didn’t click into it in case there were actual leaks but I did come back here and say that there was a discussion which had a decent amount of activity which made me think there were actual leaks. My bad mate

I looked and their isn’t anything. It’s just people commenting “what leaks?” and shit like that.

• edited July 2018

Adam Douglas just posted a new dev blog post that goes into detail on Marlon, Louis and Violet and the type of personalities they have! There is also some high quality concept art for each of the characters if you want to check it out. Follow this link: https://telltale.com/news/2018/07/meet-the-walking-dead-the-final-season-s-new-class-of-survivors/

• That was charmin as shit. :grin:

Adam Douglas just posted a new dev blog post that goes into detail on Marlon, Louis and Violet and the type of personalities they have! Ther

• Just a reminder, the Forum Guidelines prevent writers from being singled out. Criticism of content is okay, but let's not turn the discussion towards writers personally.

• Don’t kill Clementine off like Ava on the bridge :s

• Don't kill her at all :( :s :'(

Don’t kill Clementine off like Ava on the bridge

• edited July 2018

Thank you for sharing it :smile:

I’m pretty sure it has already been fixed, at SDCC it looks like they played a different demo during a IGN stream as there was no watermark on the bottom and the backback glitch appeared to be fixed.

• 14 days until The Walking Dead: The Final Season!!!!! :smiley: :heart:

• edited July 2018

Ahh so close yet so far!! I'm so excited!!! :smiley: :heart:

14 days until The Walking Dead: The Final Season!!!!!

• I know.. These next two weeks are going to be painful.. I find the two/three week waiting period for a game to be unbearable. But I know that I will be super excited on August 13th as I wait for the clock to hit 12am so I can download and play The Final Season :smile:

Ahh so close yet so far!! I'm so excited!!!

• Oh ho I'm right with you on that, the next few weeks are gonna be AGONIZING
    The day that we can finally install and play The Final Season will be one of the most surreal and euphoric experiences of my life! :smiley:

I know.. These next two weeks are going to be painful.. I find the two/three week waiting period for a game to be unbearable. But I know tha

• So you're implying that the leaks originate from New Zealand servers? Gotta get Mueller on this, ASAP!

Plan_R posted: »

Isn't it supposed to be after it gets rated by New Zealand when the leaks star popping up?

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Teeny teeny teeny tiny TWD surprise in store for you guys tomorrow o:)

• Perhaps Telltale isn't taking any chances this time around by sending early copies of the game to reviewers & QA testers. That's usually where the leaks come from. If anything, they'll probably send a secure streaming link to any approved reviewers and tester's 2-3 hours before EP1 releases to minimize the risk of leaks. Testers [most likely the leak source] may get skipped as they've had enough time in house to test it themselves and work out any bugs. Just my best guess.

When I saw that thread on Reddit I didn't even know about the gif. I honestly thought they were just referencing the fact that usually a

• OMG AAAHHH I'M SO READY TOMORROW HERE WE COME :smiley: :smiley:

Teeny teeny teeny tiny TWD surprise in store for you guys tomorrow

• edited July 2018

I am so excited!!! Thank you for dropping in and informing us Poptarts :smiley:

• LARRY CONFIRMED FOR S4!!!

Lol, suuuuure Jan

LARRY CONFIRMED FOR S4!!!

• edited July 2018

You know, your theory sounds quite plausible. Let's refer back to S1, what was Lilly's MAIN focus? Making sure the group had enough supplies to maintain the motel setup. Fast forward to the loss of Carley/Doug, what was this about? Supplies being stolen.

Loosely related ANF reference: Mariana was killed over...you guessed it, food supplies!

The duffel bag that Clementine, AJ, & Violet return to the Train Station to receive is actually shown on the bed prior to the grenade scene. In the demo, the player doesn't even try to inspect the duffel bag or even examine around it in a way to indicate you could (like the tire swing).

There is only 1 bag, but when they return Clem and Violet clearly have one each. So it's very possible the mystery cigar smoker guy & crew had just returned from doing another supply run.

The zombie couple does seem like it was setup, I mean are we to expect they literally just tied themselves up and waited to die from a bite? I've watched a lot of crime entertainment over the years & have never seen things end well for the criminal that trusted hostages to tie themselves up.

Getting back to Lilly, it would make sense that she would show up at the stand off scene. Her original group fell a part over supplies, I could understand her vowing to never let that happen again with her next group. Yet, upon seeing it was Clementine, Lilly would only be able to laugh at the entire situation knowing Clem learned a lot of what she knows from Lee & their original group.

Sure, Lilly may let it slide but it doesn't mean the rest of her new pals would be okay with it.

We see Clementine at the train station with a schedule behind her. We can see the same schedule behind this man and both scenes have the

• Oh my God, Gideon Adlon reminds me of a mini Ashley Costello from ‘New Years Day’ with brown hair. ??

Here is some information about the confirmed Voice Actors for the boarding school kids Marlon's VA is Ray Chase, who previously played Noct

• I am so sorry for being a headache but is there a certain time as to when this surprise will be revealed?

• Can you please share with me some info about how everything points to Lilly? I'm totally excited for it to be her and am just curious if I missed anything is all.

Sidenote: The chubby kid kind of reminds me of Chunk from the Goonies/ Dustin from Stranger Things. I think he'll be a pretty fun character to interact with & will probably add to Louis's comic relief.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Can't believe that I missed this. I think you're on the something. Based on Louis' reaction on the left I'd assume that the returning charac

• Sounds good. Any chance that we can get news on save transfers in the coming days?

YES.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Sounds good. Any chance that we can get news on save transfers in the coming days?

• edited August 2018

Ooooo this just got much more interesting! Thank you so much for the response!

YES.

• When do we usually get key art of the episodes again? Is it usually when we get the trailer? I forgot.

• It's either the trailer itself, or a release date for the trailer. Regardless, I'm excited.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.