TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• THANK YOU!! :smiley:

Teeny teeny teeny tiny TWD surprise in store for you guys tomorrow

• Sorry for annoying you but will you be doing a reaction video if it is a trailer?

It's either the trailer itself, or a release date for the trailer. Regardless, I'm excited.

• All this build up for the announcement of TWD s4 Salt and Pepper shakers with Clem on one and Lee on the other....made out of the finest plastics out of India.

Teeny teeny teeny tiny TWD surprise in store for you guys tomorrow

• We usually get it around the same time as we get the release date info, which is like give or take the middle/end of the week before the episode releases.

Season Premieres are sometimes an exception, when we might on occasion get that stuff even earlier - but again, it depends.

When do we usually get key art of the episodes again? Is it usually when we get the trailer? I forgot.

• So it's very possible the mystery cigar smoker guy & crew had just returned from doing another supply run.

"Fuck you think yer doin with our supplies?"

You know, your theory sounds quite plausible. Let's refer back to S1, what was Lilly's MAIN focus? Making sure the group had enough supplies

• yo dont tell nobody but i got a peek at that super small thing early, take a look

• Probably the Ep1 trailer.

• You know what? Screw Christa and Lilly, I want this guy to return. It's my favorite character from Season 3 (Not ANF), he should return.

Slaughterhouse

• Damn Javier is an it now.....fuck.

AronDracula posted: »

You know what? Screw Christa and Lilly, I want this guy to return. It's my favorite character from Season 3 (Not ANF), he should return.

• edited July 2018

You're on the Telltale forums. Saying that you like an ANF character can cause catastrophic results like pictured below.

You know what? Screw Christa and Lilly, I want this guy to return. It's my favorite character from Season 3 (Not ANF), he should return.

• edited July 2018

I think that the adult faction burnt Ten’s face.

• Not annoying at all. And yes, I definitely will be doing a reaction video.

Sorry for annoying you but will you be doing a reaction video if it is a trailer?

• We shouldnt be expecting a trailer to be honest guys, Poptarts did say something very small, a trailer would be pretty big. Im expecting more of a update than anything like how to transfer saves or just a small blog post about something in the game (like talking about the school in general)

• I'm so nervous looking through these threads. I don't want to be spoiled but I do like the discussion.

• Waiting Threads are supposed to be safe and spoiler free areas (excluding spoilers from previous episodes/Seasons), so don't worry about being spoiled for the current or upcoming episodes here.

gta3demon posted: »

I'm so nervous looking through these threads. I don't want to be spoiled but I do like the discussion.

• *supposed to be. But sometimes people gotta be jerks and let stuff slip out and ruin it for everyone. This usually doesn't happen till the night of release at least...which is when people are likely the most active and hyped...eh

Waiting Threads are supposed to be safe and spoiler free areas (excluding spoilers from previous episodes/Seasons), so don't worry about being spoiled for the current or upcoming episodes here.

• The demo is now online on the Xbox.

• ???

GSSalvador posted: »

The demo is now online on the Xbox.

• They made a demo. It's tge first 15 minutes of the game.

Btw: the menu layout looks like the one from the collection and ANF, but the animated artwork looks really good.

???

• Oh man PSN store should have it by tomorrow if this isn't a leak.

They made a demo. It's tge first 15 minutes of the game. Btw: the menu layout looks like the one from the collection and ANF, but the animated artwork looks really good.

• Not sure if u guys noticed, but S1, S2, and ANF... got some activity going on steamdb, my best guess is that we can use any save from any season we want. (I.E let's say you completed Season Two, and wants to start TFS, you can import your save file easily, and then either the game generates for you the ANF choices, or either u chose them.)

• Here are my spoiler-free thoughts on the demo.

I played it on the base xbox one and it ran the smoothest any telltale game has ever run. Basically just like in the video. It looks fantastic, too!

Exploration is a step up compared to S2/ANF, but there are not as many things to inspect outside of the ones shown in the video. There are like three or four additional that you can't see in the video.

The menus, as said in another post, are basically the same style as ANF/The Collection, HOWEVER the animated image looks much better and the pause music will make a lot of people happy. You can't see the episode-sliders in the demo, so i don't know how they look. I'm also a really big fan of the death-screen when you die. Really good.

I loved it and it made me confident, that this season will be very good.

• Hmm, PS4 got a demo too?

• edited July 2018

60 FPS on Base?

Here are my spoiler-free thoughts on the demo. I played it on the base xbox one and it ran the smoothest any telltale game has ever run.

• edited July 2018

It felt like it, but i'm not competely 100% sure. It could very well be just 30fps without any hiccups or drops and some subtle motion blur effects to make it seem more smoothly, but it's definetly smoother than ANF, The Collection and even Batman Season 2.

60 FPS on Base?

• edited July 2018

Just played it again with german dubs and i am wholeheartedly surprised how good it actually is. The translations are good, the VA's are great - which was my biggest concern, since VA's for children and young adults are rare here in germany - and it's lip-sync, which i hope is kind of an automatic feature, because if it is, the translators and voice-actor directors aren't bound to the one lip-movement of the characters anymore, which could enhance the effectiveness of certain scenes by them not needing to write dialogue that primarily matches the lip-movement at the cost of consistency in wording, which is sadly the norm here in germany.

I'm very impressed. Godd job, @mostlypoptarts and the whole team!

• Is there a PS4 demo yet?

• No idea for PS4 Demo, but I think Steam will probably get the demo at 1PM EST

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Not yet, but I would assume it might come when the PS Store updates later today.

bloop posted: »

Is there a PS4 demo yet?

According to Delt, he can see the demo, but I cannot, so it might only be available on the US PS Store now.

bloop posted: »

Is there a PS4 demo yet?

• Any moderator online? Are we going to know why we did not go back to richmond? Are we going to discover through the gameplay??? Just askin'

• Slaughterhouse is not an ANF character, it's from Season 3 that never happened.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

You're on the Telltale forums. Saying that you like an ANF character can cause catastrophic results like pictured below.

• I agree, bring back Slaughterhouse. He deserved way better than what he got in ANF.

Moderator's are not Telltale staff, so we know about as much as you.

Any moderator online? Are we going to know why we did not go back to richmond? Are we going to discover through the gameplay??? Just askin'

• The slaughterhouse is not a "guy." Because of this I thought you were referring to Javi. My bad.

Slaughterhouse is not an ANF character, it's from Season 3 that never happened.

• The demo has such a shitty menu. It’s just the old Netflix-esque menu their past 5 games had... truly hope it’s not the final menu design - especially since they kept saying the menu would be something unique and something we’d be happy with.

• So when is this 'TWD Suprise' coming?

• Soon

GoTRules posted: »

So when is this 'TWD Suprise' coming?

• It's possible. Could provide a little more tension with them.

I think that the adult faction burnt Ten’s face.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.