TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• From the 15 minute game play trailer, I didn't get the impression we wouldn't be able to explore. Whoever was playing was just trying to showoff the good stuff, I feel like everyone would've been disappointed and talking crap if they would've used the first 15 minutes to simply explore all the hub dialogue options instead of showing us what's in store. Can't please everyone, though. It wasn't suppose to feel like a real let's play or something..

Myusha posted: »

Hope they let us take our time in hubs. That's my only worry. But I feel we should be good. Promising start. But let's see if our new cast of characters are worth a damn.

• edited July 2018

We have to keep in mind by ANF she's had it pretty rough and it's expected by the age of 16 for ANY teenager regardless of how good of a parent figure you think you were to them, to curse when the parents aren't around.

I mean, look at most teenagers today and you'll understand why they took that leap. It would've been awkward for her NOT to curse at that stage in her development. Does everyone's real world logic just fly out the window when we get on this forum, or what?

I want AJ to toughen up and become capable of survival but I want to show him that despite the state of the world there is still good people

• edited July 2018

At this point mentioning PewDiePie is like referencing Wikipedia for a valid source, leave that bigoted POS in 2010.

Moving on, "They made her too edgy and it was awful. It was at a point where I loved being around her all the time to being annoyed every time she was on screen . But it looks like she's changed for the better this time around."

What type of person would you end up as if the group you thought you could confide in kicked you out and took the one thing away from you that helped you hold onto your past self? I'd imagine you'd be bitter, too on our first encounter. Especially if the aforementioned group just kicked you out with no food, barely anything to defend yourself and took your post-apocalyptic adopted child away. I wouldn't expect a wide-eyed happy camper. Let's be rational and use the logic of our frontal lobe, shall we?

how Kenny's fate was handled. Terrible. After it happened I was in shock and turned my game off. Took me three days I think to start back

• I didn't pick up on any hints that a S1 character like Lilly would possibly return, but like most, I certainly welcome the idea!

Melissa Hutchison and Dave Fennoy participated in an interview with Gammaray earlier today. They spoke about Clementine's journey from Seaso

• edited July 2018

Ah, the beauty of subjective value. :)

Values are whatever we choose to pursue and whatever we desire. Which means there's no such thing as good or evil, right or wrong choice, except what you think is good or evil/right vs wrong. If you believe something is evil/wrong, that's just your own personal preference. It is not, and cannot be, a statement about reality, or even anything remotely factual.

Totally agree with you. While it isn't a top priority, I feel that they should hold on to whatever values they have left.

• edited July 2018

At this point mentioning PewDiePie is like referencing Wikipedia for a valid source, leave that bigoted POS in 2010.

All I said was that his decision to shoot Kenny in Season Two Episode 5 completely broke me. I never expected PewDiePie to make that choice.

Moving on, "They made her too edgy and it was awful. It was at a point where I loved being around her all the time to being annoyed every time she was on screen . But it looks like she's changed for the better this time around."
    What type of person would you end up as if the group you thought you could confide in kicked you out and took the one thing away from you that helped you hold onto your past self? I'd imagine you'd be bitter, too on our first encounter. Especially if the aforementioned group just kicked you out with no food, barely anything to defend yourself and took your step-child away. I wouldn't expect a wide-eyed happy camper. Let's be rational and use the logic of our frontal lobe, shall we?

But that wasn't me who said that. I quoted what another user said to me in a response to that same forum user. That statement ""They made her too edgy and it was awful. It was at a point where I loved being around her all the time to being annoyed every time she was on screen . But it looks like she's changed for the better this time around." was not my own comment.

Please go back and check my comment. I was responding to what another user said to me. I quoted their comments in my reply to them. But no I didn't make that comment. I am not trying to be rude or anything but I don't want to be questioned over a statement that I didn't make. Sorry if you find this aggressive or anything but I just want to let you know..

At this point mentioning PewDiePie is like referencing Wikipedia for a valid source, leave that bigoted POS in 2010. Moving on, "They mad

• In the Gammaray interview I do think they said that a certain Season One character could return. I will need to take a second look

I didn't pick up on any hints that a S1 character like Lilly would possibly return, but like most, I certainly welcome the idea!

• What were the highlights/important parts at the Gammaray for The Final Season?

In the Gammaray interview I do think they said that a certain Season One character could return. I will need to take a second look

• They only really spoke about Clementine's journey from Season One to The Final Season. Near the end of the video they make a comment about a certain Season One character that may be returning. I will check it out now and will take some notes. I will return once I am finished :smile: sorry for the wait

What were the highlights/important parts at the Gammaray for The Final Season?

• Yeah I totally agree, but my thing is her desperation to be some hard-ass. True the apocalypse has harden Clem without a doubt, but the transition is somewhat off putting. Better yet, something I wasn't expecting. I expected her to become more of the "loner" type than the "edgy-teen" given what she's been through. Not Chloe from LIS.

Does everyone's real world logic just fly out the window when we get on this forum, or what?

:D apparently. We're in a brand new world when we login dude!

We have to keep in mind by ANF she's had it pretty rough and it's expected by the age of 16 for ANY teenager regardless of how good of a par

• I know it is still too early to make a decision for some people but this question is to everyone: After seeing the Gameplay footage what are your thoughts and feelings towards The Final Season? :smile: Do you like how it looks? What do you think of the "Graphic Black" art style? How about the unscripted combat? :smile:

• I'm still as hopeful and cautious as I was before about it, but I am more excited now. Everyone says most of the graphic black seems to apply most to the background, and while I agree to an extent, it's still very apparent in closer shots and on Clem and AJ in scenes where the light only covers about half of their models.

I know it is still too early to make a decision for some people but this question is to everyone: After seeing the Gameplay footage what are

• No mention about Android and iOS in the announcement.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

No mention about Android and iOS in the announcement.

• edited July 2018

So bad. At least consoles are supported.

OzzyUK posted: »

Unfortunately there will be no mobile version of the final season. https://twitter.com/Deviantartjr/status/1004378427460210688 https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1004379382733946881

• I feel like if they had Clem speak less and more monotone and distant, it would have helped her character out a bit. If anything, it would have been better to become more talkative as the season progressed. A less talkative Clem would have also made her outburst moments more impactful. Imagine her being this soft spoken yet cold character then seeing her just snap suddenly at the guy who gave her faulty bullets, Conrad pointing the gun at her, confronting (and determinately, tackling) David at the warehouse, etc. It would also give Eleanor's determinate comment about seeing something "dark" in Clem's eyes a bit more meaning. I kind of wish Clem "spoke" more with her face and/or her eyes since they are a trademark to her character next only to her hat and pigtails.

Yeah I totally agree, but my thing is her desperation to be some hard-ass. True the apocalypse has harden Clem without a doubt, but the tran

• L e t
    A J
    S w e a r

• ...I kinda like the way you think.

her face and/or her eyes are a trademark to her character

Oh, the irony.

eRock92 posted: »

I feel like if they had Clem speak less and more monotone and distant, it would have helped her character out a bit. If anything, it would

• Exactly! I agree with all of this. I'll never understand why they chose to make her some edgy "badass" right off the bat. It was cringe. Sometimes it was a bummer being around her. Like I said it was almost like being around Chloe from LIS. Which was unpleasant.

eRock92 posted: »

I feel like if they had Clem speak less and more monotone and distant, it would have helped her character out a bit. If anything, it would

• Jeez, you really are obsessed with Kenny huh

So did the walker crawling along the road at the very beginning remind anyone else of Kenny and how he died after being crippled and left on the road?

• So does anybody know what time the first episode is going to come out ? And if the people that buy the season pass are going to get access to the first episode early on August the 14th?

• For me it says that Episode 1 will release at 12am on August 14th. August 14th is the release date but since Australia and the countries surrounding it are 10 hours ahead of my timezone they will be able to play it before it reaches my timezone and the other timezones

So does anybody know what time the first episode is going to come out ? And if the people that buy the season pass are going to get access to the first episode early on August the 14th?

• Thanks for the reply the main reason I asked was because when the walking dead season 3 premiere came out you had to purchase the season pass to actually play episode 1, Episode 1 itself was released later on.

For me it says that Episode 1 will release at 12am on August 14th. August 14th is the release date but since Australia and the countries sur

• No problem sorry if my explanation was very messy. I think someone may come across it and may explain it better than I did. But yeah hope my explanation helped you out :smile:

Thanks for the reply the main reason I asked was because when the walking dead season 3 premiere came out you had to purchase the season pass to actually play episode 1, Episode 1 itself was released later on.

• I, being the age of witch you speak, disagree. I refuse to swear and have a number of friends who would act similarly. Even outside my friends it's not as common as I would have thought it would be. Those that do it often are just trying to look tough or "edgy"

We have to keep in mind by ANF she's had it pretty rough and it's expected by the age of 16 for ANY teenager regardless of how good of a par

• I swore a bunch when I was her age and still do. You really have to consider the environment, and her stress levels cause it sure as hell not a typical day at school for her. She has no constraints or rules she needs to follow at this point, and its something that's caught on since she was a young teen so it sure isn't gonna go away. She herself even tells AJ that its a bad habit that he shouldn't pick up (determinately). You the player has the option to decide if it "edgy" or something that just happens from time to time.

mister_sij posted: »

I, being the age of witch you speak, disagree. I refuse to swear and have a number of friends who would act similarly. Even outside my frien

• There is a middleground between refusing to swear and swearing often. Its obnoxious to listen to if every second word is a swear word but swearing isn't bad imo if its used "correctly" in certain situations if you know what I mean.

I, being the age of witch you speak, disagree. I refuse to swear and have a number of friends who would act similarly. Even outside my frien

• What are you...a Mormon?

• Aren't those the ones with blond hair and baby faces?

What are you...a Mormon?

• Just 3 more weeks... :#

• You mean these harmless children?:

Aren't those the ones with blond hair and baby faces?

Just 3 more weeks...

• edited July 2018

@mister_sij and @Saltyliquorice This actually helps explain the dip in intelligence facing modern society.

https://sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

To elucidate, intelligent people have more reason to be angry and also full of sorrow. It's understandable when you consider that they're aware of things common people wouldn't even care to understand, and if it were explained, the significance of the information wouldn't hold as much meaning which would only cause frustration on their part. Kind of like how scientists have proven we're responsible for the current Holocene extinction but we continue doing the same things that will lead to it becoming irreversible by 2050. Pretty sure a lot of scientists on that study continue to curse and call us unthinkable names, heh. :)

There is a middleground between refusing to swear and swearing often. Its obnoxious to listen to if every second word is a swear word but swearing isn't bad imo if its used "correctly" in certain situations if you know what I mean.

• Me: NO......

Also me:

Jeez, you really are obsessed with Kenny huh

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2018

Just gonna crosspost this from another thread:

So we know that the fifteen minutes show a crash at the end, and the comic con teaser shows Clementine with a bandage on her head. People naturally put two and two together.

And to further add to that theory, the old E3 footage shows us this dialogue option:

Despite Clementine not having the bandage in the E3 video, that particular dialogue option lines up with things seen in both the comic con teaser, and the first 15 minutes.

• Again you acting like kid, you're ridiculous and fanatic.

Me: NO...... Also me:

• You seem like a really pleasant person

Again you acting like kid, you're ridiculous and fanatic.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Alright, alright. Let's just stop it right here before it even begins, okay?

No reason to pick a fight over this.

Again you acting like kid, you're ridiculous and fanatic.

• clears throat ANYWAY....
    Anyone know where this is from? Not sure if it's a still from the 15 min of gameplay

Found it on this tumblr

• Doesn't look like it's from the 15 minutes. I think that's the boarding school in the background.

clears throat ANYWAY.... Anyone know where this is from? Not sure if it's a still from the 15 min of gameplay Found it on this tumblr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.