TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• edited June 2018

I get what you mean. I thought season 2 did this plenty of times but with ANF it was pretty vacant since Clem's priorities and the general way she was written restricted her from showing any other emotions other than 'FIND AJ!' I'm personally hoping we got more reflection on season one and two in The Final Season. Clem has a lot of pent up survivors guilt she's been bottling up for years and we've yet to see it reach it's boiling point.

Leegendary posted: »

This is a really weird thing to want but I want at least a scene or two of Clem being reminiscent or sad/doubtful of the past. She’s been t

• It's not weird at all. I was hoping for something like this around the time of "Amid The Ruins." I was definitely expecting this during ANF. Maybe we'll get it during TFS. It looks like she'll have a moment where she and AJ are safe and stable environment where she can actually let the past 8 years soak in. As they were saying during E3, Clem will be at her wits' end when she runs into the school. The whole small-group-stay-away-from-cities mentality isn't working long term and providing a challenge. It would be interesting if TTG gave us opportunities to play a weary Clem that is ready to give up. That might help fill the void left by my unrealized fan-fiction stories in my head.

Leegendary posted: »

This is a really weird thing to want but I want at least a scene or two of Clem being reminiscent or sad/doubtful of the past. She’s been t

• edited June 2018

No comments at all since the last time I checked? I know there's nothing new but I didn't expect this for the final season. Also I think they have to make the ending felt like they did with season one, and you know what I'm talking about so as much as I like her sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do shrug Clem fanboys/girls don't come at me! Telltale pull the trigger :no_mouth:

• edited June 2018

No comments at all since the last time I checked? I know there's nothing new but I didn't expect this for the final season.

Yeah, it's real sad comparing this to what these threads used to be. Even when there were no news, the ANF waiting thread was always bombing. You can't deny that the third installment really did a number on the forum community.

KatyPerry posted: »

No comments at all since the last time I checked? I know there's nothing new but I didn't expect this for the final season. Also I think the

• edited June 2018

I don't care what happened in the last season, specially when ANF didn't add anything and we are again alone with AJ like in S2 (yeah we had Kenny or Jane too but we all knew they were as good as dead). The only negative thing for me right now is only four episodes. I'm not gonna judge now but right now it just looks like their plot isn't capable of maintaining 5 long episodes with great quality like season one did. The episodes will surely be longer than ANF, I cant even imagine 4 episodes of just 90 minutes.

No comments at all since the last time I checked? I know there's nothing new but I didn't expect this for the final season. Yeah, it

• I'm kind of scared, I would hate if all this un-scripted combat becomes something that creates problems for Telltale, I would really love the mechanics to be the exact same as the other games, I just want a great story, with a lot of references and mentions to past characters and things that makes all of the fans remember how we practically grew up with Clementine and how this story is coming to an end.

• Really don't know how I feel about season 4 being the final season :'( . Ya'll think there'll be more TWD stories by telltale in the future?

• Hopefully not.

Really don't know how I feel about season 4 being the final season . Ya'll think there'll be more TWD stories by telltale in the future?

• I'm sort of in this camp. I've really loved TWD, but you know, let it take its end in a dignified and proper manner, and let some other new properties come out.

Chibikid posted: »

Hopefully not.

• I guess it is time for this zombie Era in media to be over... But what will I do then?

I guess I'll become beerkiller, or something..

I'm sort of in this camp. I've really loved TWD, but you know, let it take its end in a dignified and proper manner, and let some other new properties come out.

• Will I be able to download this game from the App Store?

• No it’s not coming on mobile

Madcitrus posted: »

Will I be able to download this game from the App Store?

• I'm going to say yes, because they were quite clear from marketing for S4 that this is the end of CLEMENTINE'S story, not TWD story. I could see them branching off into new stories, but not for a while as they have TWAU, Stranger Things, Minecraft, and Batman S3 on their plate within the next few years.

Really don't know how I feel about season 4 being the final season . Ya'll think there'll be more TWD stories by telltale in the future?

• Well that sucks. No IOS!! I have all of them already on my iPad but, I won’t be able to get this one. SUCKS I tell ya!

No it’s not coming on mobile

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2018

A New Frontier allowed you to transfer saves across devices using Cloud Saves tied to your Telltale account, so I could potentially see that being a feature for The Final Season too.

(Do keep in mind though that I am not Telltale Staff - I'm just a community volunteer Moderator, and this is solely my own personal speculation!)

Madcitrus posted: »

Well that sucks. No IOS!! I have all of them already on my iPad but, I won’t be able to get this one. SUCKS I tell ya!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited July 2018

I just noticed that the final season was rated by Australia on the 2nd of July.

Link to rating

• edited July 2018

Our first of the last 4 Australian classifications for TellTale's TWD (or at least this story arc). The journey is truly coming to an end...

OzzyUK posted: »

I just noticed that the final season was rated by Australia on the 2nd of July. Link to rating

• No Drugs? That's a bit surprising.

• No nudity either :smiley: phew

DabigRG posted: »

No Drugs? That's a bit surprising.

• Well at least the hate for The Final Season seems to have been reduced or even ended lol

• Do you think that The Final Season will be as good as Season 1 or better? @mostlypoptarts

• Well considering how this season predominantly features children, that's probably a good thing.

No nudity either phew

• And because there was no nudity in the past 3 seasons, it wouldn't make any sense to have it now. When this is supposed to be the end of her story, all the weird shit should be behind us and this should be working on tying up all the loose ends, right?

Well considering how this season predominantly features children, that's probably a good thing.

• Might wanna hold your breath, there's still 3 episodes to follow that have a chance of including it.

No nudity either phew

• :# please no

Might wanna hold your breath, there's still 3 episodes to follow that have a chance of including it.

• There's been no nudity in any of Telltale except for The Wolf Among Us. I'm pretty doubtful it'll show up in a story about a group of underage teens.

• There's been no nudity in any of Telltale except for The Wolf Among Us.

Really now?

TJ3046 posted: »

There's been no nudity in any of Telltale except for The Wolf Among Us. I'm pretty doubtful it'll show up in a story about a group of underage teens.

• Indeed

There's been no nudity in any of Telltale except for The Wolf Among Us. Really now?

• Huh. I'd be on the lookout for it if I actually gave a damn.
    And if I ever actually play the game anytime soon.

Indeed

• Apologies for the kind of blunt response. But yeah there are some scenes of nudity in The Wolf Among Us. No need to be on the lookout.. you will know when you see it :lol:

Huh. I'd be on the lookout for it if I actually gave a damn. And if I ever actually play the game anytime soon.

• Apologies for the kind of blunt response.

Naw, you were fine.
    The joke was that nudity in that game is relatively low on my list of priorities. Within a list of priorities.

No need to be on the lookout.. you will know when you see it :lol:

Oooh, so a Lost and the Damned situation then?

Apologies for the kind of blunt response. But yeah there are some scenes of nudity in The Wolf Among Us. No need to be on the lookout.. you will know when you see it

• Um a stranger things game? Could you fill me in on that, I think that is something I might of missed hearing about.

gta3demon posted: »

I'm going to say yes, because they were quite clear from marketing for S4 that this is the end of CLEMENTINE'S story, not TWD story. I could

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited July 2018

It somehow leaked out earlier than Telltale anticipated it during E3 along with a Minecraft story mode project, they announced it on twitter and said that they will announce more details later this year.

Um a stranger things game? Could you fill me in on that, I think that is something I might of missed hearing about.

• I wonder how they gonna do a Minecraft Story mode series on Netflix? Like is it going to be including Jesse? Or someone new and also how would they know what decisions we made based on our choices on the Netflix TV show on Minecraft Story Mode?

Like I don't know how many episodes they are doing? Btw? I could probably use my controller to make decisions on the show, I guess.

OzzyUK posted: »

It somehow leaked out earlier than Telltale anticipated it during E3 along with a Minecraft story mode project, they announced it on twitter

• edited July 2018

Weirdly enough, there are two ratings for The Final Season, one 15+ and the other is 18+.

• Just catching up, and I am a tad creeped out people think there could be/want nudity in the season.

If there was going to be anything of that sort, they would have done it in season 2. Especially since Luke and Jane had sex and were seen getting dressed. They could have also had it in either of the Batman Telltale seasons, as both Harley Quinn, Bruce Wayne, and Catwoman are very sexualized characters but there wasn't any nudity. Not even mentioning Clementine and most of the characters we seem to be around are like 16...So yeah, I'm going to go with a no on that.

• I've pre order the final season on my ps4 and it says it got 170 days to start download it (31.12.2018)
    I'm afraid that this would happen

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

That is just a placeholder date, the official release date is still August 14th.

I've pre order the final season on my ps4 and it says it got 170 days to start download it (31.12.2018) I'm afraid that this would happen

• Man less than one month away from Episode 1 of The Final Season :smiley:

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

New teaser Wednesday, gameplay reveal Thursday on IGN's livestream! See you at Comic-Con :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.