E3 2018 - Announcements, Discussion, and Predictions Megathread

Comments

• Dude, Cyberpunk will be released in 2077 and I'm gonna be 78 years old that year, not hyped at all.

Who cares what cd project red will announce nevertheless it'll be awesome. THEY WILL ANNOUNCE SOMETHING SO THATS ENOUGH FOR ME.

• Well if that’s true, it better be the best damn game I ever played.

AronDracula posted: »

Dude, Cyberpunk will be released in 2077 and I'm gonna be 78 years old that year, not hyped at all.

• Look ik they take forever to deliver but they do....we just have to be more patient.

Dude, Cyberpunk will be released in 2077 and I'm gonna be 78 years old that year, not hyped at all.

• edited May 2018

So (apparently) a press conference memo just leaked with pretty much every game planned to be shown at the E3 conferences, including some pretty stunning shock games in the works. Figured I should post this (under spoilers) so we can compare if the reveals are actually true or not. Note: I am just posting this, NOT verifying it.

MAJOR SPOILERS IF TRUE! I'll put each conference under its own spoiler section in case you want specifics.

EA Conference (June 9th)

• Battlefield 1945 (Reveal Trailer, Multiplayer Tourament)
    • Star Wars Bounty Hunters: Mandalorian Nights (Reveal Trailer)
    • Madden 2019 (Franchise Mode Trailer, Improved Quarterback Animation, New Punter Interface)
    • Dragon Age: Rise of Tiamat (Character Creator, Speech from Casey Hudson, Dungeons and Dragons Collaboration Reveal)
    • Anthem (Cinematic Trailer, Presentation featuring Snoop Dogg and Zac Efron, Gameplay Trailer)

X-Box Conference (June 10th)

*X-Box One X (Retrospective Trailer)
    *Gears of War V (Reveal Trailer, Multiplayer Demo)
    *Halo 6 (Teaser Trailer, Speech and Presentation from 343 Studios)
    *Rock Band 4: Michael Jackson (Reveal Trailer)
    *Destiny 2: Ghosts of Nagasaki (Reveal Trailer, Presentation featuring Bungie Community Managers and Nolan North, Gameplay Trailer)
    *One Punch Man: 1 Is All It Takes (Gameplay Trailer, Presentation from Platinum Games, Cinematic Trailer
    *Sea of Thieves (Turbulent Kraken DLC, New Ships Trailer, Conker Crossover Trailer)
    *Crackdown 3 (Release Date Trailer, Presentation with Terry Crews, Gameplay Trailer)
    *Red Dead Redemption Trailer (Gameplay Trailer, Exclusive Content Trailer)
    *X-Box One X (Sales Success Trailer, Presentation on new Multi Threader Cell Processor, Presentation on improved Vapor Chamber Cooling, Windows 10 on X-Box One Trailer, Closing Testimonial Trailer)

Bethesda Conference (June 10th)

• Quake Live (Multiplayer Demo, Presentation with Pete Hines)
    • Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Isles (Trailer, Presentation featuring Youtube influencers)
    • Starship Ceti: The Last Starfighter (Reveal Trailer, Presentation with Todd Howard, Gameplay Demo, Cinematic Trailer)
    • Fallout: Neuvo El Paso (Teaser Trailer)
    • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind HD (Reveal Trailer, Presentation with Todd Howard)
    • Rage 2 (Gameplay Trailer, Presentation with Pete Hines, Cinematic Trailer)

Square Enix Conference (June 11th)

• Just Cause 4 (Reveal Trailer, Gameplay Demo)
    • Kingdom Hearts 3 (Release Date Trailer, Marvel Character Trailer)
    • Final Fantasy Remake (VII Episode 1 Gameplay Trailer, Remake Project Reveal Trailer, VIII Remake Announcement)
    • One Punch Man: 1 Is All It Takes (Gameplay Trailer, Presentation from Platinum Games, Cinematic Trailer)
    • Avengers: Age of Reckoning (Reveal Trailer, Gameplay Demo)
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Gameplay Trailer)
    • Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Ethereal Crystal (Reveal Trailer)
    • Nier Automata 2: The End

Ubisoft Conference (June 11th)

• Splinter Cell: Omega Protocol (Reveal Trailer, Presentation with Yves Guillemot, Gameplay Trailer)
    • Assassin's Creed: Dominance (Reveal Trailer)
    • Watch Dogs 3 (Reveal Trailer, Gameplay Demo)
    • Just Dance: Ultimate Party Mix (Concert Performance Demo)
    • Steep: Final Descent (Gameplay Trailer)
    • The Division 2 (Reveal Trailer, Gameplay Demo)
    • Skull and Bones (Gameplay Trailer, Release Date Trailer)

Sony Conference (June 11th)

• Last of Us 2 (Gameplay Trailer)
    • Bloodborne 2 (Reveal Trailer, Gameplay Demo)
    • Heavy Rain 2: Children of the Origami Killer (Reveal Trailer, Presentation with David Cage, Cinematic Trailer)
    • Spider-Man (Gameplay Trailer)
    • Borderlands 3 (Reveal Trailer, Presentation with Randy Pitchford, Gameplay Demo)
    • Fortnite (Exclusive Playstation Content Trailer)
    • Soul Calibur VI (Exclusive Final Fantasy VII Characters Trailer - Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth)
    • No Mans Sky: Coalescence (Reveal Trailer)
    • Shenmue 3 (Presentation with Yu Suzuki, Gameplay Trailer)
    • Life Is Strange: Storm's Calling (Reveal Trailer)
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops IV (Gameplay Trailer, Live Multiplayer Demo)
    • Tournament of The Ancients: First Blood (Reveal Trailer, Video Presentation from Activision)
    • Overwatch: Talon's Fury (Teaser Trailer, Presentation from Jeff Kaplan, Overwatch Tie-In Movie Trailer)
    • World of Warcraft: Playstation 4 Edition (Reveal Trailer, Gameplay Demo)
    • Diablo IV: Rapture (Reveal Trailer)
    • Final Fantasy 15 (Kings Quest DLC Reveal Trailer)
    • Playstation Indies (Compilation Trailer)
    • Playstation 4 Pro 2.0 (Presentation with Mark Cerney)
    • Death Stranding (Gameplay Trailer, Live Demo with Hideo Kojima, Cinematic Trailer)

No mention of Nintendo, sadly. Also the PS Conference doesn't mention that Samurai game we know will be there, so either this isn't fully accurate (or fake) or it's a last minute add? Either way if even half of the games I'm curious about are real, might be one of the best E3's yet. And it's fun to speculate.

Oh and here's the source case you're interested. https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0

• edited May 2018

Some of these seem really fake lmao. Heavy Rain 2 ain't getting announced unless David Cages studio split into two teams, it just seems unrealistic considering Detroit is releasing in a few days. Sony already said they aren't announcing new hardware this E3 so no there won't be a PS4 Pro 2.0 ... More believable though it could just be a PS4 Pro with an upgraded storage space or a minor tweak. Sony has marketing rights to Destiny 2 so it would be at the sony conference not xbox.
    Some of the list seems pretty plausible but other things listed are downright laughable. If that actually is Xbox's line up then that's pretty bad... Also a Nier Automata 2 announcement already seems a bit off considering Nier Automata only came out last year.

So (apparently) a press conference memo just leaked with pretty much every game planned to be shown at the E3 conferences, including some pr

• Looks like BS to me...some of those games we knew about....an upgraded PS4 Pro so soon before PS5...yeah seems like a SONY thing...so I can buy that....but Sony themselves said they are only really showing 4 or so games...I think they are now counting their PSX show as the big reveal.

So (apparently) a press conference memo just leaked with pretty much every game planned to be shown at the E3 conferences, including some pr

• I'm just focused on LiS 2, that's all I care about tbh this year xD

Aaand I hope CDPR won't let me down with CP 2077... I except a lot from this game. Maybe an easter egg where we see like in television "a white-haired girl came out of nowhere from a portal in the X street". Would be awesome hahaha

• edited May 2018

Probably wouldn't even be that. It would just be a chance encounter in a bar or you can spot her in the background but are unable to talk to her. I don't think they'd throw in a magic portal to keep Cyberpunk 2077 grounded in it's sci fi would be weird for people who haven't played Witcher 3 seeing a magic portal appear LOL.

Edit: I misread your comment a bit. Thought you mean't she would jump out of a portal while you are walking down an alley lol.

Salvy posted: »

I'm just focused on LiS 2, that's all I care about tbh this year xD Aaand I hope CDPR won't let me down with CP 2077... I except a lot fr

• You know...I am wondering if that will happen with Ciri showing up.....it would be bonkers...but cool.

Salvy posted: »

I'm just focused on LiS 2, that's all I care about tbh this year xD Aaand I hope CDPR won't let me down with CP 2077... I except a lot fr

• Hey Derek, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I just wanted to know what that Star Wars Bounty Hunter game is, there has been a lot of speculation about a new Star Wars game other than EA's Battlefront 3; Visceral games even put out a 5 second clip of a man exiting the Mos Isley Cantina with tones of imperial ships in the sky. The game looked cool from what we saw and was titled project Ragtag, however Visceral games shut down during development and now the project has been brought over to EA. Anyways; I was just looking through and I saw Star Wars Bounty Hunters: Mandalorian Nights (Reveal Trailer) I would love it if you could tell me more about this, thanks.

• Where the hell is seroius Sam 4 smfh this shit fake af

• This was the video that I actually found out about the thing in the first place, there's a few details but not too much right now, but we'll just have to wait and see if it's legit or not.

Tazmangamez posted: »

Hey Derek, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I just wanted to know what that Star Wars Bounty Hunter game is, there has been a lot of speculation

• So I heard that Days Gone is going to be released before The Last of Us 2 which means it will be released in 2019.

• Pretty sure Days Gone will be a spring 2019 game. It was supposed to come out at the end of this year but it was delayed.

So I heard that Days Gone is going to be released before The Last of Us 2 which means it will be released in 2019.

• There is a rumor that a lot of game are so intimidated about Red Dead Redemption 2's release and likely high sales in the fall of this year that they are pushing them back, such as Anthem. Days Gone is probably the same.

Pretty sure Days Gone will be a spring 2019 game. It was supposed to come out at the end of this year but it was delayed.

• But they said Days Gone will be released before TLOU, they said that after the delay which was confirmed few months ago.

Pretty sure Days Gone will be a spring 2019 game. It was supposed to come out at the end of this year but it was delayed.

• Yeah so? TLOU isn't coming out this year it's a late 2019 or 2020 game.

But they said Days Gone will be released before TLOU, they said that after the delay which was confirmed few months ago.

• edited May 2018

Oh, another prediction: Mother 3 Remake for the Switch :^)

• Troy Baker said that the game is finished and already did a playtest and most of us thought it will be this year.

I have a feeling they're now focusing on Multiplayer or make sure there are no glitches and bugs.

Yeah so? TLOU isn't coming out this year it's a late 2019 or 2020 game.

• edited May 2018

That would probably be it. While the game might technically be playable from start to finish, it could be riddled with bugs or may be using placeholder stuff as well? Maybe not the best example, but Final Fantasy XV was technically playable from start to finish in December 2015, it was still nearly another entire year before its release (and the story was still very much unfinished still). It's not the best example since that's a game that went through development hell though.
    Factor in multiplayer and that Sony's big first party games seem to have a long development time with an equally big budget and I'm guessing it'll be a mid 2019 release. And I don't think Sony would want Days Gone and TLOU2 to release too close to each other (probably good for Naughty Dog since they could polish it further).

Troy Baker said that the game is finished and already did a playtest and most of us thought it will be this year. I have a feeling they're now focusing on Multiplayer or make sure there are no glitches and bugs.

• Well I'm hoping for news on Shadows Die Twice and the new rumored JoJo game as well as news about Metroid Prime 4 and RAGE 2, really wanna see more info on what CDProjektRed is cooking up, some Sma5h gameplay would be nice too, as well as something on Death Stranding and The Last of Us. Really hoping to god they announce a Demon's Souls remaster, a new Splinter Cell and literally anything Halo related. I'm super hoping for Konami to come on stage and announce something because I wanna hear an E3 sized audience boo somebody off stage. But more than anything, I want news on Resident Evil 2 HD. I want some kind of trailer or gameplay for it. I'm fine if Spyro and Medieval get nothing so long as Sony sprays that hot ResE2 load all up in my face.

Realistically though none of this will happen because the universe hates me and Capcom wants to fuck me in the ass some more each time i fall back in love with them. So it'll likely be a cluster fuck of EA, Ubisoft and Xbox trying to be cool and hip, a bunch of shitty FPS games announced, more of Todd Howard's sweet little lies, a mediocre Nintendo conference (they blew their load already this year), a shitty PS conference and everything else will be boring or cringey. Fun times ahead. Excited for whatever indie games get announced though. Always nice to see new creators breaking into the industry.

• This list is almost certainly fake. There are a couple games missing from the list that have been announced to appear like The Crew 3. It was also confirmed by Randy Pitchford that Borderlands 3 won't be at E3. There's no way in hell Quantic Dream is going to announced another game that quickly considering their track record and the same goes for Dont Nod with that Life is Strange sequel.

• edited May 2018

If Konami announced a Metal Gear Solid Remake in the fox engine with a trailer being the opening level for MGS 1 then there would be cheering not boo's lol.

Well I'm hoping for news on Shadows Die Twice and the new rumored JoJo game as well as news about Metroid Prime 4 and RAGE 2, really wanna s

• dude in the span of 6 years they killed castlevania, silent hill and metal gear solid. literally no matter what they did they would be booed because they have permanently tarnished their reputation. not everyone is as forgiving as you may be.

also that game already exists in the form of metal gear solid 2: substance which is literally an mgs1 remaster.

If Konami announced a Metal Gear Solid Remake in the fox engine with a trailer being the opening level for MGS 1 then there would be cheering not boo's lol.

• Awesome! I cant wait to explore this game further more, thanks for letting me know.

This was the video that I actually found out about the thing in the first place, there's a few details but not too much right now, but we'll just have to wait and see if it's legit or not.

• I'm hoping to see something from Anthem. I'm interested and willing to give it a chance. Really hoping that all the boycotting doesn't have have a huge effect.

• a huge effect

Too easy.
    Gamers whine and complain and "boycott" and blah, blah, blah... But if the game ends up being good, they'll buy it. I definitely won't be pre-ordering it, but it could still be a day 1 purchase for me. Depends what we are going to actually get(meaning: I'm going to ignore what is presented by EA and see what the development team says after the fans get upset by EA).

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm hoping to see something from Anthem. I'm interested and willing to give it a chance. Really hoping that all the boycotting doesn't have have a huge effect.

• Execute Order 66 Comments, lol. I was just going through some discussions and suddenly realized that this discussion has 66 comments, just thought it would be cool to point out. Well, by the time you read this we will have 67.

• I get what you're saying. It's just people have been so negative after Andromeda and just assume that it'll be bad and flop. Then I'm thinking of course it'll flop if people don't even give it a chance.

Johro posted: »

a huge effect Too easy. Gamers whine and complain and "boycott" and blah, blah, blah... But if the game ends up being good, they'll

• edited May 2018

Well, I can't blame them because EA kept making things worse after that like Need for Speed Payback (They forced you to pay money to play it, no offline modes), shutting down Visceral Games, stealing the Star Wars project from Amy Hennig and adding pay-to-win microtransactions in a game based on the most iconic movie franchise of all time. They still haven't learned their lessons, they will keep adding microtransactions in future games.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I get what you're saying. It's just people have been so negative after Andromeda and just assume that it'll be bad and flop. Then I'm thinking of course it'll flop if people don't even give it a chance.

• NFS Payback became instantly bad for me once I realised I couldn't go into the garage to customise my car cause I needed to win randomised car parts from races... Pretty pathetic not being able to tune and customise your car in a NFS game. NFS 2015 was way better in that respect.

Well, I can't blame them because EA kept making things worse after that like Need for Speed Payback (They forced you to pay money to play it

• edited May 2018

Alright, after some thought and some predictions getting debunked here is a revised list of predictions

1.Demon’s souls remake
    2.new paper mario
    3.resident evil 2 remake
    4.walking dead final season
    5.morphies law
    6.from software new IP*

• I still believe a bloodborne 2 will happen, but after giving it some thought they’ll probably make it a PS5 title. But that’s still 2+ years away so for now they’ll probably release a new title.
  • Just waiting for Devolver Digital's press conference... Confirmed to be directed by the same guy whom did last year's. So it'll be glorious.

• Dude... they're doing it again?!

Colour me stoked.

Just waiting for Devolver Digital's press conference... Confirmed to be directed by the same guy whom did last year's. So it'll be glorious.

• Two weeks ago, DD announced they were doing another show this year(June 10th. 8PM pacific...Telltale time).

“This year’s Big Fancy Press Conference will feature real, actual game reveals and technological innovations from Developer Labs, the research and development arm of Devolver Digital responsible for last year’s Earliest Access program and making ‘throwing money at the screen’ a valid form of payment. There will almost certainly be blood, possibly loss of life.”

Then, I read yesterday(or the day before) that the director(Don something. Name escapes me right now) said he was working on another project for this year's E3.

I can't imagine that being a coincidence.

AChicken posted: »

Dude... they're doing it again?! Colour me stoked.

• Awesooome. Can't wait.

Two weeks ago, DD announced they were doing another show this year(June 10th. 8PM pacific...Telltale time). “This year’s Big Fancy Pr

• I think they're working on seroius Sam 4 with croteam idk

Just waiting for Devolver Digital's press conference... Confirmed to be directed by the same guy whom did last year's. So it'll be glorious.

• A reveal of Square Enix's Avengers game?

• it's been 84 years

Sign in to comment in this discussion.