E3 2018 - Announcements, Discussion, and Predictions Megathread

Comments

• edited June 2018

A DMC5 domain has been registered and apparently the dedicated nameservers for "devilmaycry5.com" were configured 10 days prior to E3, on June 1st. Could this finally be the time for the reveal?! Well, nothing is stopping my hype.

I just hope this won't end in disappointment in case it doesn't actually get announced ;_;

• Really hope the Superman game is true, and getting details on that Avengers game would be awesome. (Really hope it's not just a Destiny/Overwatch clone as some have suggested.)

• edited June 2018

IO Interactive seem to have really been working on HITMAN Season 2 for the past year or two.
    WB really are their new publishers, not just for the new, new "Definitive Edition" with all the content on disc.
    And I'm really happy that Season 2 is coming soon... At least a glimpse of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wbgames/status/1003679522816851968

Edit: okay, so do tweets no longer embed here? I've refreshed the page, exited as well just to make sure, and nothing. Still just a hyperlink.

• edited June 2018

Edit: Nevermind

I hope so though I enjoyed the previous Hitman even though it got hate for being episodic.

AChicken posted: »

IO Interactive seem to have really been working on HITMAN Season 2 for the past year or two. WB really are their new publishers, not just

• I’m waiting for Todd Howard to walk on stage at BE3 riding a horse, where he would then dismount while uttering the words.... “THE ELDER SCROLLS 6!!!” While performing a backflip. Every man’s dream ?

• What is it with a bunch of E3 stuff happening on Thursday?
    WB is going to announce a thing.
    Telltale starts their TWD:FS pre-orders tomorrow.
    Now Avalanche Studios is going to announce something? Ooh, boy.

• So their announcement doesn't get buried underneath a tonne of announcements over the weekend haha.

What is it with a bunch of E3 stuff happening on Thursday? WB is going to announce a thing. Telltale starts their TWD:FS pre-orders tomorr

• WB Games is either going to announce Rocksteady's Superman game or Season 2 of IO's Hitman, I should imagine.

• I'm pretty sure it's IOI's Hitman. A lot of stuff points towards it.
    Also, some people searched through WB's website soon after their teases, and found a hidden title card for Hitman Season 2. They removed it now, but yeah that's a thing.

But, there could be a superman game coming out, I don't know.
    Hitman is confirmed though.

WB Games is either going to announce Rocksteady's Superman game or Season 2 of IO's Hitman, I should imagine.

• edited June 2018

I will pray at the Altar of the video game Gods. If they give me Bioshock 4 or teaser of Bioshock 4 plssssss give me it!!!!

• Good chance of seeing both and a new Mortal Kombat.

You know what ELSE would be kool.....? https://t.co/KcJkm8HVyY

— Ed Boon (@noobde) 10 May 2018

WB Games is either going to announce Rocksteady's Superman game or Season 2 of IO's Hitman, I should imagine.

• edited June 2018

Hitman 2 is confirmed! With Sean Bean and a Formula One Racing Track Assassination...

• ayyy

I'm excited, but not a big fan of the different editions. Too much exclusive DLC, pre-paid expansions, early access stuff.
    WB did a similar thing with Shadow of War last year. Sad to see it has spread to Hitman.

Hitman 2 is confirmed! With Sean Bean and a Formula One Racing Track Assassination...

• Avalanche Studios is teasing a new game: Generation Zero.

WB Games has revealed Hitman 2, along with an extra Sniper Mode.

• Generation Zero looks like a heavily terminator inspired game could be fun.

Avalanche Studios is teasing a new game: Generation Zero. WB Games has revealed Hitman 2, along with an extra Sniper Mode.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Rage 2 and Fallout 76 are two things i am looking forward to hearing more about.

• Bethesda's conference in general could be the best conference out of all of them.

OzzyUK posted: »

Rage 2 and Fallout 76 are two things i am looking forward to hearing more about.

• Reminds me of the Black Mirror episode: Metalhead

Generation Zero looks like a heavily terminator inspired game could be fun.

• edited June 2018

Honestly I am super excited to watch Telltale discuss The Walking Dead: The Final Season at E3. This Game Series means everything to me so getting the opportunity to say goodbye to Clementine for the Final Time will be a gut-wrenching and emotional experience for me. Caroline did say that James Windeler and Kent Mudle will be participating in livestreams to discuss The Final Season at E3 so I am super excited for that! :smile:

James and Kent will be joining the PR/Marketing team at E3. We're still firming up our schedule, but we'll be appearing on livestreams talking about the game all next week.

[

• Red Dead Redemption 2 has followed the same route ;(
    (I'm tempted to pay the $100 to get all it's pre-order content)
    But I guess it's not all bad, since I got $60 in money from a friend so I can get it.

ayyy I'm excited, but not a big fan of the different editions. Too much exclusive DLC, pre-paid expansions, early access stuff. WB did a similar thing with Shadow of War last year. Sad to see it has spread to Hitman.

• Nice.

Yeah, I'm a bit low on the cash. I'm trying to find a summer job (and I have for the past 2 months) but nothing has come up yet. That sucks.

There's just a lot coming out soon. Walking Dead S4 in the summer, I've got Spider-Man on the PS4 I've had money set aside for. There's Hitman here... I'm gonna wait till I know which version I want, uh, Battlefield V looks enjoyable, as I think I joined/abandoned BF1 too soon (Season Pass too pricey, sold it, then it was rereleased at the same base price for all the content. Already had other game priorities.)

Eh, I'll find stuff. Not like I'll die without these.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has followed the same route ;( (I'm tempted to pay the $100 to get all it's pre-order content) But I guess it's not all bad, since I got $60 in money from a friend so I can get it.

• edited June 2018

Just wait for the goty edition( you know they’ll be one) with all the extra content and dlc. It’s what me and other cheapskates are doing.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has followed the same route ;( (I'm tempted to pay the $100 to get all it's pre-order content) But I guess it's not all bad, since I got $60 in money from a friend so I can get it.

• I merged AaronDracula and AChicken's threads into one Megathread (still hosted by AChicken).

This can be where all casual E3 chat can go, or you are also free to make your own threads for individual E3 announcements if you feel it's big enough to warrant its' own thread.

• ...on a non-Moderator related note - I'm crazy stoked for the Smash Brothers Switch news we get on Tuesday's E3 Nintendo Direct at 9 am PT.

Last we heard, Inklings were revealed as the first Newcomer and the game was set for a 2018 release. We should be getting more news at E3, especially in terms of Newcomers!

• A chicken is now the host?! This thread just became as dark as Jar Jar Binks handing power to the Chancellor.

• edited June 2018

Aw sweet, I'm the overlord of E3 now.

Dontnod's new game Twin Mirror has been announced. Looks interesting.

That begs the question... When will they work on LiS 2? Vampyr just got released, and now they're making this.

• edited June 2018

This gives me Alan Wake vibes.
    As for LiS 2, that's still being made by the same team as the first game (for close 2.5 years at this point). Twin Mirror had technically already been announced around August of last year, though Dontnod didn't reveal its title back then (they just showed concept art and announced that Bandai Namco was the publisher).

Aw sweet, I'm the overlord of E3 now. Dontnod's new game Twin Mirror has been announced. Looks interesting. That begs the question... When will they work on LiS 2? Vampyr just got released, and now they're making this.

• That reminds me... Remedy needs to get on an Alan Wake 2.
    Sure, they tried before and it didn't work out, but I think the time is right. (They have been teasing us a lot about it)

Make it multi-platform, make it updated for new consoles. It would be awesome!

MichaelBP posted: »

This gives me Alan Wake vibes. As for LiS 2, that's still being made by the same team as the first game (for close 2.5 years at this point

• They confirmed their next game is going to be multi platform. Quantum Break basically killed any reason for them to keep games exclusive to xbox, I doubt it but their new game could even show up on Sony's stage.

That reminds me... Remedy needs to get on an Alan Wake 2. Sure, they tried before and it didn't work out, but I think the time is right. (T

• edited June 2018

YES, I've been waiting so long for an Alan Wake 2 ;__; I would love it if Remedy were to make a remake/remaster of the first game along with a sequel, surely being multiplat from the get go would help its sales and popularity.
    Finding out that there was an Alan Wake sequel in production at one point broke my heart, hopefully Remedy will resurrect it...
    Oh, and more Mr. Scratch, please. I don't know if it'd work but he's amazing.

That reminds me... Remedy needs to get on an Alan Wake 2. Sure, they tried before and it didn't work out, but I think the time is right. (T

• Dead Or Alive 6 Reveal:

• The Last of Us 2, baby. I’m hyped.

Gameplay trailer, music sound bytes, and some gifs + release year. All for tlou2. Other games I couldn’t really care less for.

• edited June 2018

I feel like this could easily take place in the same universe (it's probably not) what with the supernatural stuff happening. Just have a newspaper or a news report somewhere in the game saying "Arcadia Bay, Oregon destroyed by Tornado."

Aw sweet, I'm the overlord of E3 now. Dontnod's new game Twin Mirror has been announced. Looks interesting. That begs the question... When will they work on LiS 2? Vampyr just got released, and now they're making this.

• edited June 2018

Cute. Looks like Moss, another giant perspective-type game for VR.

Ghost Giant - Blog Post

• EA conference sucked soooooo bad!

• Yeah pretty underwhelming... Next up is Microsoft hopefully they won't disappoint.

strwar3 posted: »

EA conference sucked soooooo bad!

• Given that Microsoft doesn't have any new exclusives to announce now Crackdown 3 is delayed until next year, I don't think there'll be much to say. Also prize to the most underwhelming way to announce your new Star Wars game goes to Respawn with Jedi: Dark Order (though the core premise sounds fun, playing as a Jedi sometime after the events of Order 66). Disney must still be wondering whether giving EA sole rights to Star Wars games is really paying off...

• edited June 2018

I don't think there'll be much to say.

Well, there might be some surprises.

Last year's "EXCLUSIVE, WORLD PREMIERE" conference had a bunch of third-party titles announced for the One X, one of which I did not expect was the Life is Strange Prequel.

Given that Microsoft doesn't have any new exclusives to announce now Crackdown 3 is delayed until next year, I don't think there'll be much

• EA's conference was... well, that was something

Sign in to comment in this discussion.