E3 2018 - Announcements, Discussion, and Predictions Megathread

Comments

• edited June 2018

all I’m asking for from Microsoft at E3 is a new fable, new sunset overdrive, or new Alan wake.

really is this too much to ask??

• It was dogshit come on Blind ! You know it was.

EA's conference was... well, that was something

• Well I'm happy to see something from Anthem. Still very optimistic about it.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2018

I've personally been pretty hyped over.... wait for it... hear me out... Tetris Effect!

Yeah, I know being hyped for a Tetris game seems a bit weird, but if you've been following the people who are creating it, it comes from the people who brought us games like Lumines, Rez, etc. So, in other words, it will very likely be a near-immaculate audiovisual spectacle. If you've played some of their other games I just mention (especially Rez), then you know that those kinds of games can be truly immersive.

A Tetris game coming from those same developers is something I didn't know I wanted until it actually happened.

• edited June 2018

It's good in the sense that it shows what else i'm going to be buying on PS4 and PC in the future lol but they need to tackle their exclusive problem with this conference.

AChicken posted: »

I don't think there'll be much to say. Well, there might be some surprises. Last year's "EXCLUSIVE, WORLD PREMIERE" conference ha

• RIP BioWare romance.
    Oh sorry, I've been reading too many social media comments.

I know it's been a mainstay for the developer, but even I wasn't expecting romance in Anthem. People need to keep in mind that their next game is a Dragon Age entry. There's no way that won't have a romance feature. Not even EA could do that.

• edited June 2018

Did they say there's no romance?

P.S Can't wait for the next Dragon Age.

Johro posted: »

RIP BioWare romance. Oh sorry, I've been reading too many social media comments. I know it's been a mainstay for the developer, but even

• Is it confirmed that the next one is Dragon Age? Or is that based on leaks/rumours?

RIP BioWare romance. Oh sorry, I've been reading too many social media comments. I know it's been a mainstay for the developer, but even

• On today's docket, we're gonna see Press Events from Microsoft, Bethesda, and Devolver. I'm personally excited for the MS event in particular.

• edited June 2018

They "leaked" it themselves last year. When they were hiring, the job descriptions were actually listed like: "Lead Designer - Dragon Age". This was probably on purpose. With how far Anthem looks from traditional BioWare...and with Mass Effect being shelved... I think they just want the fans to know that BioWare will still be BioWare.

Did they say there's no romance?

I don't know, honestly. I just got back from a weekend at a cabin in the woods. I saw a LOT of comments on Twitter and Youtube regarding it, so I assume it was said at some point during EA's conference.

lupinb0y posted: »

Is it confirmed that the next one is Dragon Age? Or is that based on leaks/rumours?

• Love the look of the new engine!

• Xbox's E3 press event is in 20 minutes. They also just showed a few minutes of brief gameplay for The Walking Dead: The Final Season (all four episodes are so far intended to release this year).

• All 4? This year? Hope they aren’t rushing things ?

Xbox's E3 press event is in 20 minutes. They also just showed a few minutes of brief gameplay for The Walking Dead: The Final Season (all four episodes are so far intended to release this year).

• They also just showed a few minutes of brief gameplay for The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Link...now!

Xbox's E3 press event is in 20 minutes. They also just showed a few minutes of brief gameplay for The Walking Dead: The Final Season (all four episodes are so far intended to release this year).

• edited June 2018

Here. It happened about 25 minutes ago. Not much "raw gameplay" just some background snippets in an interview, but it's something. Looks really good. More comic-like like S1.

They also just showed a few minutes of brief gameplay for The Walking Dead: The Final Season Link...now!

• Thank you.

Here. It happened about 25 minutes ago. Not much "raw gameplay" just some background snippets in an interview, but it's something. Looks really good. More comic-like like S1.

• edited June 2018

Uhhh that wasn't life is strange 2 by Enix/Dontnod on the stream.
    The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit? At least it looks more relatable than LiS. Looks whimsical, too.

wut

EDIT: Maybe it's in the same universe, but under a different name? It's the same art style. The kid might have some special storytelling powers. Or just a very vivid imagination.

• I wonder if this was the unannounced game that showed up in Dontnod's list of future releases. Apparently it's free?

Uhhh that wasn't life is strange 2 by Enix/Dontnod on the stream. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit? At least it looks more relatabl

• Yeah, it might be free? Maybe that's just part of the Xbox Game pass.

If it is a small, stand-alone, one episode thing, it's probably a small tease to what the real season 2 is. I don't know. I'm confused.

MichaelBP posted: »

I wonder if this was the unannounced game that showed up in Dontnod's list of future releases. Apparently it's free?

• Seems like it's entirely free, otherwise they would've specified it, probably?
    Maybe this could be something like, I dunno, a prequel to the sequel? Unless it's ultimately just a small stand-alone story.

Yeah, it might be free? Maybe that's just part of the Xbox Game pass. If it is a small, stand-alone, one episode thing, it's probably a small tease to what the real season 2 is. I don't know. I'm confused.

• MS seems to have a bottomless wallet - they just acquired five studios.

• Nooooo. Not Ninja Theory.

MS seems to have a bottomless wallet - they just acquired five studios.

• Man I dislike everything about LiS.

The bad voice acting, clay looking graphics, stiff animations, laughably bad writing, terrible twists, etc

And now we have this pile of dog? to add to LiS.

Let’s be real here guys, I ain’t no fanboy, but telltales Back To The Future Game from 2010 looks more visually pleasing than this 2018 game.

Uhhh that wasn't life is strange 2 by Enix/Dontnod on the stream. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit? At least it looks more relatabl

• Cuphead DLC! Yes!

• edited June 2018

Reminder:

Devolver Digital E3 Press Conference 2018

Sunday, June 10 @ 8PM Pacific

Apologies in advance.

— Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) May 18, 2018
  • What's up with Starfield? I'm really looking forward to that and FALLOUT 76

• Yep, it's a free prequel to season 2.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-10-25-minutes-with-life-is-strange-2s-brilliantly-unexpected-free-prequel

"You can play Captain Spirit on its own, and also you can play Life is Strange 2 without playing Captain Spirit, but for us the best way will be to play this before LiS2 because, as we said, there are some consequences, but the player will also have some interesting information to go into Life is Strange 2 with," Koch continued.

Yeah, it might be free? Maybe that's just part of the Xbox Game pass. If it is a small, stand-alone, one episode thing, it's probably a small tease to what the real season 2 is. I don't know. I'm confused.

• HOLY SHIT!!! XBOX WON E3!!!! CYBERPUNK 2077!!!!

• So I'm kind of worried for Ninja Theory's future now considering how controlling xbox is as a publisher.
    New AAA exclusives seem to be: Halo Infinite, Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4. Good conference in terms of new announcements but not much going on in the exclusive front like timed exclusive launches for games galore in this conference.

• edited June 2018

Uh, did you just switch bodies with @MetallicaRules??

I gotta say, I didn't enjoy everything of LiS, a lot of stuff still bothered me afterwards, but this one looks good. Graphics, I don't mind the style. That's a creative decision, something that can't be nailed down as a right/wrong fact.
    This game looks down-to-earth, relatable (imagination/escapism as a child instead of cliché highschool drama of LiS or Rebellious McRebel of BtS), and a small, free peek at the new world and characters of the second season.

For all you know, Season 2 will be way more enjoyable (if they've fixed their young characters' writing) because it has no relation to LiS 1

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Man I dislike everything about LiS. The bad voice acting, clay looking graphics, stiff animations, laughably bad writing, terrible twists

• Well it's not an exclusive

strwar3 posted: »

HOLY SHIT!!! XBOX WON E3!!!! CYBERPUNK 2077!!!!

• Yep,here it is.

MichaelBP posted: »

A DMC5 domain has been registered and apparently the dedicated nameservers for "devilmaycry5.com" were configured 10 days prior to E3, on Ju

• This year's E3 will make my wallet cry for mercy.

• True,but still Xbox showed it! Sony didn't even show it in their conference

Well it's not an exclusive

• Sony's conference is only tomorrow (/Tuesday, depending on the timezone)...

strwar3 posted: »

True,but still Xbox showed it! Sony didn't even show it in their conference

• Holy... I'm being bombarded with notifications! Xbox what have you unleashed!?

Highlights for me:

• Just Cause 4, baby! YEAH
    • Dying Light 2! The changes in the environment and how it behaves based on choices intrigues me. Looks good. Cosmetic choices are some of the best/easier to pull off choices IMO and still very satisfying to see.
    • Division 2 looks gooood. Yeah it might be downgraded later, but from what I can recall the first game still looks good. (I don't own it. I only played the beta before the release. Looked good though. Kudos to the environment artists!)
    • That odd LiS free sequel-prequel. I am intrigued and excited.
    • That Cyberpunk trailer was a great surprise to end it off.

I know I'm missing stuff, but I'm super happy and my mind is racing right now to remember it all.
    Xbox had some good reveals, but I gotta say they're still lacking in exclusives. Sure, they have more Devs in-house now (not Ninja Theory! Ahhhh!) but nothing that was shown was really interesting for Xbox itself.
    A lot was also avaliable on PC, and most of it was third-party stuff, so luckily I can still get it on PS4.

It was a great conference of reveals though. (But again with that EXCLUSIVE, WORLD PREMIERE stuff. :neutral:)

I gotta say I'm still excited for Sony's thing tomorrow. Sure, a lot of it will be about 4 games we already know of, but I'd like to see some gameplay of those and hype them up more before we see new big things for next year.
    I'm sure we'll still have some good surprises though. ;)

• I'll be there. (in spirit) [online.]

Reminder: Devolver Digital E3 Press Conference 2018 Sunday, June 10 @ 8PM Pacific Apologies in advance. — Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) May 18, 2018

• Microsoft killed it. Holy shiiiit! That Life is strange standalone had me sold alone, but DMC 5!!! NERO BABY

• While the trailer could've been edited better in the 2nd half (missing sound effects), I was still ecstatic to see Kingdom Hearts 3 shown off. That reveal at the end of the trailer was kinda heartbreaking!

Interesting that the video on Square's channel is titled E3 2018 vol. 1, I'm guessing there'll be one or two more trailers at Square and Sony's conferences.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.