E3 2018 - Announcements, Discussion, and Predictions Megathread

Comments

• The three games that I am most excited for are Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (which was already announced), Avengers, Spider-Man and possibly Super-Man. I have been constantly checking Youtube and everything to see if the Avengers trailer's out, there's been a lot of stuff that's come out about Insomniac's Spider-Man game so I'm very excited to finally play the game when it comes out in a couple of months, I'm not exactly sure if Rockstedy is going currently creating a Super-Man game, if the rumors are true then I think a lot of DC/Arkham game fans will be extremely excited since Rockstedy's Arkham game series has been a huge hit. There are a bunch of other games out which also look super cool but these games that I listed are the ones that I'm most excited for.

• There has been plenty of rumors about Rocksteady doing either a Superman or Justice League game, so I'm hoping one of them is true. The Arkham games were fun and there is still talk about Warner Games either doing a Origins sequel with the arrival of Dick Grayson's Robin or a Knight Sequel with Damian Wayne's Batman (alongside some Batman Beyond vibes...).

• edited June 2018

Avengers Project would be awesome if it was a successor of sorts to Ultimate Alliance on consoles.

Supposedly (from a "leak" so take it with a grain of salt) it's a reboot of exactly that with the stories core characters being Cap, Iron Man and Scarlet With and the gameplay will be a mix of Uncharted and Infamous (which sounds pretty good to me). It'll also take place in the same universe as Insomniacs Spider-Man and Eidos Montreals Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Yeah for someone who doesn't play on X-Box I had a lot of respect for them having a good conference, and kudos for them getting some decent

• The only reason a shared universe for marvel games puts me off is due to creative freedom. Like if a certain character is killed in one game then other studio's cant use that character? etc.

lupinb0y posted: »

Avengers Project would be awesome if it was a successor of sorts to Ultimate Alliance on consoles. Supposedly (from a "leak" so take

• Nice, hoping that is the case. Since Crystal Dynamics focus on strong third person single player games like Tomb Raider they could easily manage a game with a selection of Avenger heroes like those. And a Deus Ex style Guardians of the Galaxy game sounds awesome.

Avengers Project would be awesome if it was a successor of sorts to Ultimate Alliance on consoles. Supposedly (from a "leak" so take

• edited June 2018

I'm so excited for Elder Scrolls 6 & Dying Light 2. :love:

Edit: I also need to add that I'm looking forward to Telltale's TWD, Overkill's TWD, Control, Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Resident Evil 2 remake & Shadow of the Tomb Raider. So many good upcoming games. :)

• I am so excited for The Walking Dead: The Final Season and Dying Light 2 :heart:

• What’s wrong with wood elves? If you look into the lore you’d find that they’re all pretty much cannibals as they eat people because they don’t believe in damaging the forest, which is why they don’t pick plants or eat herbs while in Valenwood. Plus they’re amazing at stealth and make like the best assassins, if anything the most boring race is Breton.

Kaelthas posted: »

And it isn't in disgusting Valeenwood with the most boring elves of the franchise, I have never been happier in my life. LONG LIVE HAMMERFELL.

• I woke up this morning with 28 notifications. You guys must be happy.

• What’s wrong with wood elves?

they’re all pretty much cannibals as they eat people because they don’t believe in damaging the forest

Melton23 posted: »

What’s wrong with wood elves? If you look into the lore you’d find that they’re all pretty much cannibals as they eat people because they do

• edited June 2018

Square Enix's show was short and disappointing... I think Platinum Games had the best announcement:

• So far this show....EA shit all over the once great C&C....Microsoft sowed the seeds for a better fight next gen...Fallout 76 online only is a nonstarter for me. The LiS2 prequel looks cool. CYBERPUNK 2077!!! I love Tombraider...so I am in for that. Doom hell yes! Rage...sure why not. TWD FS !!!! Good show so far.

• Don’t tell me you’ve never been curious?

DanteTimes2 posted: »

What’s wrong with wood elves? they’re all pretty much cannibals as they eat people because they don’t believe in damaging the forest

• edited June 2018

So far EA's conference was the worst. I mean they didnt show off Battlefield V, just teased it and said Battle Royale was coming. Then they had their 2 EA originals ("indies") which were probably the only good parts of their show. Then the sports games no one but investors care about and then fucking Command and Concord for like 20 minutes. They showed Anthem but I really could care less, just looking like a Destiny clone, will probably end up suffering with the same issues Destiny has.

Microsofts was kinda weird tbh. Like it was great for seeing these reveals, but they didnt really do much to focus on Xbox, but it was still a fun show to watch.

Bethesda's was weird. First half felt cringe af. I was a little disappointed with Fallout 76, and I think thats mostly because they focused way too much on the multiplayer than explaining what the game is. Which is fine, they need to sell people on that, but I would like to know more about it, like how do quest work with multiplayer, more story details, more in depth on the gameplay other than raiding places with friends. I hope we can play it 100% offline though. Id prefer to just play it alone without having to deal with other players, atleast on my first run. They said we can play solo, but not "offline" which is pretty important. Just really hoping Im not forced to play online for multiple reasons. Elder Scrolls 6 tho made me cream so I guess we good

So far this show....EA shit all over the once great C&C....Microsoft sowed the seeds for a better fight next gen...Fallout 76 online onl

• Don't know what the heck Square was thinking with that conference, pretty much nothing people weren't already aware of, outside some deeper explanation into how Just Cause 4 works, and nothing about the Avengers Project which everyone wants to know about.

• EA's Conference:

Poogers555 posted: »

So far EA's conference was the worst. I mean they didnt show off Battlefield V, just teased it and said Battle Royale was coming. Then they

• edited June 2018

Just Cause 4 Gameplay Showcase [basically its just a trailer]

We're also getting a bunch of details about it starting tomorrow

• 10 minutes til Ubi's conference. Feel like I should check "Ubisoft Cringe" off the bingo card just to get it over with.

• edited June 2018

This actually looks amazing. Just cause 2 was legendary and just cause 3 was amazing and pretty much revolutionary, BUTT EXTRIRMEME FOCKEN WATHOER?!?!?! ????

AChicken posted: »

Just Cause 4 Gameplay Showcase [basically its just a trailer] We're also getting a bunch of details about it starting tomorrow

• When you say Fallout 3 isn't as good as New Vegas so Bethesda destroys the franchise with garbage installments

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFe03fyWMAI31IZ.jpg

• The next Assassins Creed is an rpg... damn!

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey sounds incredible, especially since you get to pick your character and the side you want to fight on. I also really hope they bring back Discovery Tour Mode, since having the option to learn all about Ancient Greece in the same way Origins let you do with Egypt would excite the historian in me.

• I feel bad for the long-time AC fans who don't seem to be liking this new direction the franchise is taking, but as someone who got onboard with Origins I couldn't be more hyped for Odyssey!

The next Assassins Creed is an rpg... damn!

• Heh, I think I've reached the age when my taste in games is so refined that it is really difficult to grab my attention... the past few E3's were really nothing to me but damn, I admit that Bethesda killed it this year. Wolfenstein Youngblood and DOOM Eternal announcements made me almost faint

• As much as I liked the original AC formula it's really been done to death at this point. No Assassins Creed really captured the feel of the original game for me but I like this new direction which started with Origins.

I feel bad for the long-time AC fans who don't seem to be liking this new direction the franchise is taking, but as someone who got onboard with Origins I couldn't be more hyped for Odyssey!

• Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami have been announced for PC!

Here's the Steam pages for Yakuza 0 and Kiwami.

• 15 minutes to Playstation!
    Excited for each of the 4 headliners and hopefully we get some good surprises too.

• edited June 2018

That Last of Us 2 gameplay was awesome! You can practically smell the budget Sony gave Naughty Dog to make this game. The graphics are phenomenal and the gameplay looks so fluid and dynamic.

• I agree it was fluid and had money....and it was shit. The AI is still stupid...the combat is gripping but loses it's power when you realize that Ellie is faster than Usain Bolt...the enemy have pathetic vision...The stole Negan's group of whistle happy killers. For all that money they bhad 2 or 3 models in same groups...Super Ellie it should be called.

That Last of Us 2 gameplay was awesome! You can practically smell the budget Sony gave Naughty Dog to make this game. The graphics are phenomenal and the gameplay looks so fluid and dynamic.

• Spider-Man still looking amazing.

• Me tomorrow when I finally get to See Smash 5 for the first time

get ya lotion bois

• Best part about Death Stranding is this moment:

Best part about Death Stranding is this moment:

• Least surprising thing about this E3 is once again the absence of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. That game is going to be awesome once it comes out though... on the PlayStation 6.

• So,how was Sony's press conference? I kinda think Microsoft brought it's A game to this E3! After every video game Sony showed they went back to the people who say what they thought of the games they saw back and forth.

Sony only showed The Last Of Us 2 gameplay(which was good coming from a Xbox fan)and I guess they showed some Destiny 2 DLC(I don't know if I want that)and they showed KH 3 gameplay trailer again. Xbox is killing it and I think they won E3 even my gf (who is a Sony fan)was a little disappointed to see nothing that made her excited other The Last Of Us 2. So yeah I think Xbox won E3! Thoughts?

• edited June 2018

The AI is still stupid

• The AI called out Ellie to all other surounding AI
    • The AI had codes (like the whistling) to alert others of a threat without making it obvious that they know.
    • The AI looks around corners and UNDER CARS, so the possibility of the player stealthing through the entire sequence is very difficult.
    • The AI call each other by names instead of just random NPC
    • She couldn't kill most of them, she ran from them cause it was obvious she couldn't take them all.
    • By the end of the sequence she had a speck of life left. They put a hurting on her.

I don't know what game youre playing, but that put me on my damn edge.

loses it's power when you realize that Ellie is faster than Usain Bolt

Ever had an adrenaline rush? Does that to ya.

The stole Negan's group of whistle happy killers

Except they use whistling to alert others of a threat, while negan does it to look intimidating but it just comes off as retarded. Nothing like negan.

For all that money they bhad 2 or 3 models in same groups

Theyre a cult. It has already been figured out that the men have their heads shaved, woman have their hair in braids, and they all have the same scars on their face which is the cults mark. That's why its similar.

I agree it was fluid and had money....and it was shit. The AI is still stupid...the combat is gripping but loses it's power when you realiz

• edited June 2018

Although xbox took steps to improve the exclusive problem, it is going to carry on for awhile yet and xbox fans will probably be complaining again by the time the next E3 roles around. Like Forza at the end of this year then Crackdown 3 at the start of 2019 then there will be another long wait for another AAA exclusive.

Xbox had the better conference although a lot of those games will be coming to PS4 anyway but I feel Sony has the better exclusives this E3 like I'm pretty hyped for Nioh 2 and most of the line up. Gears 5 will probably be good but Crackdown 3 looks very meh to me.

strwar3 posted: »

So,how was Sony's press conference? I kinda think Microsoft brought it's A game to this E3! After every video game Sony showed they went bac

• edited June 2018

Wowzers. Sony, you did a good job. You didn't do the best, but I was satisfied. I was shown exactly what I expected (sort of), and there were a few good surprises that I and I'm sure many others are pleased about. It was short but sweet. Could have been sweeter though.
    [I was at a special Movie Theater screening of the press conference, along with many others. I will mention notable reactions from the crowd below.]

The Last of Us Part II: OMG that was quite the start to the conference. It looks really good, similar style of simple gameplay to the first (I like!), challenging mobs of enemies, and the production of the piece was incredible. That transition from "church room" in real life to the "church room" of the game, that was glorious. There were some audible "ooh"s and "ahhahaha"s in the audience when that occurred.
    [People loved this. There were groans, squeals, and yelps of agony every time someone got slashed or shot in disturbing places. It was thrilling and impactful.]

The Intermission really killed the pacing though. Press conference starts, we get some awesome Gameplay, and then "Hey guys, we're going to take a small 10 minutes intermission...". I understand that they had to move rooms but... it really caught me and many others off guard.

Ghost of Tsushima: To be honest, I didn't expect gameplay from this. I thought we'd get a trailer with a tiny glimpse at gameplay, and maybe an idea of what the basic plot is, but no we got real gameplay. Cool. Looks good, animations need a bit of smoothing, but that's alright.
    (I think they should have started with this one. I believe that they showed their trump card way too early, and most of everything else could not compare to what the Last of Us showed... opinion.)

Control: Remedy is back! WOOO. Looks like Quantum Break (the visual filters used reminded me of it a lot. Good to know I was right about the company. Not much to say, just that I'm excited. (Next game should be Alan Wake 2 okay? okay.)
    [People were intrigued, and when Remedy's name came up at the end, people cheered. I guess they didn't expect that at all. Remedy's been stuck on the Xbox since their last game so...]

Resident Eeeevil...... 2: I've only played REVII. Haven't played any of the originals. The trailer was really good, and a really interesting way to ramp up suspense (people were shouting out things like "Ratatouille or Stuart Little: The Video game" lol). The entire theatre erupted when Leon walked through the door. I'm sure this was a great move by Sony having this almost-finished product shown off.

Kingdom Hearts 3: I've got to say that I'm impressed. From what I've seen of this game in the past year, I want in. They're bringing all the Pixar stuff (Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph) all these wonderful movies of my childhood (and beyond). It all looks cool and good-looking. It's something I want to get into -- hopefully -- but I think I have to get through all those other games first. I've heard that this series is like Disney's own Metal Gear Solid. Tons of games, tons of story, tons of characters, plot, confusion... That All In One Pack they showed off at the end is incredible. A really great deal. You get the HD Remix (65$), 2.8 Prologue (80$) AND KH3 (80$) all for the price of 133 Canadian Dollars. That's an insane deal and I'm putting that on my list for later. Maybe I'll get into this.... someday.
    [I don't know, the theater was happy to see Jack Sparrow and the Goofy gang or whatever. Maybe it's a sign? :/]

Death Stranding: I was actually thinking we'd get gameplay for this instead of Tsushima. But we got some odd trailer with unexplained gameplay. I've got way more questions than answers, and that's still piled up on from last year's E3 and PlayStation experience and Paris Games Week etc.
    Kojima is making something weird and unexplainable (so far). I think I want this and I don't even know why..
    [Yeah, people were impressed but confused.]

SPIDAH-MAN: Yeah, this is what I was hoping for. More gameplay, hopefully of villains, and that's what we got. Electro, Rhino, Vulture... it's looking good. I assume Goblin is the main villain even though Insomniac is shying away from telling us -- even until the release date.
    Plus, what I really wanted was some good open-world gameplay shown, and luckily that was in the post-show. (oh yeah he's still the bomb squad by the way. those missions just can't go away.) It looks phenomenal, and I'm still committed.
    [Interestingly, this was probably the clip that got the least amount of reactions. Don't know why. I heard people talking about it afterwards though so good to know that they don't hate it. Maybe it's just the fact that this is the third time we're seeing it at E3.]

So... I thought it was good. It wasn't the best, but I liked what I saw. I think it was best for Sony to show off the games we know about and the ones that haven't released yet, instead of a bunch of new stuff that won't be out for 2 years.
    They definitely started off too strong though. Showing the one game everyone was waiting for right off the bat made everything else an afterthought. Should have saved the best for last, IMO.

I do think there was some love they should have shared for the smaller projects. Concrete Genie, Dreams, and the like. Despite the fact that Dreams was shown in the after-show, I really hate how it's being neglected by Sony. Media Molecule's been hard at work for it, they've done a bunch of livestreams for it over the past year, we know it's a huge tool that trumps LBP but... nothing from Sony. There's a beta later this year, but we still don't know when. I'm really excited that they're showing it off more though. Those little snippets of the game in action before and between the conference was nice and cute.
    I just don't think it's getting the publicity it deserves though.

• The AI looks around corners and UNDER CARS, so the possibility of the player stealthing through the entire sequence is very difficult.

And is still blind as a bat and misses her....looking under the cars was a scripted event....also...hey we chased her between us...where did she go? No no...you dont look under the care you are next to...lemme check this one then I will check that one...you know to give the person who is obviously not there time to pop me.

Ever had an adrenaline rush? Does that to ya.

Ummm right

Except they use whistling to alert others of a threat, while negan does it to look intimidating but it just comes off as retarded. Nothing like negan.

Except that was what his group was using the whistling for

Theyre a cult. It has already been figured out that the men have their heads shaved, woman have their hair in braids, and they all have the same scars on their face which is the cults mark. That's why its similar.

I call BS...it was the exact same 3 or 4 models repeated.

And the Joel is a figment of her imagination is looking closer to reality....but hey I am all for a revenge story so why not...but this is not exactly fresh or new.

The AI is still stupid * The AI called out Ellie to all other surounding AI * The AI had codes (like the whistling) to alert othe

• And is still blind as a bat and misses her

You know the Last of Us has difficulty modes, right? This was most likely "normal". Exploitable AI that need glasses. Much like in the first game, I'm sure higher modes will have more accurate enemies, faster-spotting enemies, and more lethal combat encounters.

Except that was what his group was using the whistling for

No no, no. This group didn't do that.
    Negan's group used long whistles as a kind of "haha look we're so creepy" vibe.
    This group uses smaller whistles as a kind of "hey, over here I found something." They aren't the same at all. This one is using it for non-verbal communication, the other uses it for shits and giggles.

I call BS...it was the exact same 3 or 4 models repeated

What do you expect? An entire civilization of unique humans after you?
    To be fair, this is still pre-release stuff. They may not have all the models and gameplay elements nailed down yet, and we won't be seeing this until later next year. Either way, game-wise these are just cannon fodder for a combat section. They aren't technically meant to be super unique and important.

The AI looks around corners and UNDER CARS, so the possibility of the player stealthing through the entire sequence is very difficult.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.