E3 2018 - Announcements, Discussion, and Predictions Megathread

123457»

Comments

• I agree...MS was all about laying the groundwork for the next Gen....the best face I could point to was the idea that every game shown will look and run faster on Xbox1x...so that is something. Over all I would say Xbox was the better show...but I have a feeling Nintendo is going to come in and have their way with Sony and MS.

As a Pro owner...I look forward to Death Stranding...even though I still have no clue what the hell is going on in it...I will get The Last of Us 2...because I loved the story of the first 1 but much like the crowd at the Sony event ...I was undewhelmed.

Although xbox took steps to improve the exclusive problem, it is going to carry on for awhile yet and xbox fans will probably be complaining

• True they are just canon fodder....and yes Negan's group did that...and yes...but I would have thought that in the years between games...they coulda upped their game.

AChicken posted: »

And is still blind as a bat and misses her You know the Last of Us has difficulty modes, right? This was most likely "normal". Explo

• And the Joel is a figment of her imagination is looking closer to reality

Lmfao I knew this was coming. Anyone who has read up anything on this game knows that theory is hot garbage, anyone who believes it doesn't know jack shit about the game or the company.

The AI looks around corners and UNDER CARS, so the possibility of the player stealthing through the entire sequence is very difficult.

• Spider-Man is looking incredible, especially with out they've adapted the Breakout storyline from New Avengers with Electro on the Raft.

Still don't have a clue what the heck Death Stranding is about though, but it sure looks pretty.

• Lmfao I knew this was coming. Anyone who has read up anything on this game knows that theory is hot garbage

Lol ikr? A REAL TLOU fan would know that Joel was a top secret government agent who was sent on a solo spec. ops mission to retrieve what the government believed to have been the solution(Ellie) to the problem they created, which was the zombie outbreak. He was playing dumb this whole time, pretending not to know that retrieving Ellie was his true mission all along.He had everything set up from the beginning, and his disappearance is the result of him going AWOL after failing to bring Ellie back to HQ due to him developing a father/daughter relationship with her. For anyone to think otherwise would mean that they clearly don't know anything about the last of us :D Right?.....You do know that right?...... jk

And the Joel is a figment of her imagination is looking closer to reality Lmfao I knew this was coming. Anyone who has read up anyth

• A lot of interesting titles at E3.

Wasn't interested in Dying Light 2 until Chris Avellone came out. Probably the best video game writer in the industry so I'm keeping on an eye on it.

Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Nioh 2 and Ghost of Tsushima? 2019 is the year of the Samurai apparently (that's a good thing).

Kingdom Hearts 3 finally has a concrete release date... looks fantastic and I really can't wait.
    DQ11 is looking pretty good too.

As a massive Beyond Good and Evil fan, I was not impressed. The more I hear about this game the more concerning it gets and it still looks a far way off. The tone just isn't there and it feels like they're only using the name as brand recognition with Jade/Peh'j as fanbait to get fans interested. I'd rather the series die than become something it isn't just to attract 'mainstream' attention, I haven't been waiting 15 years so far for... whatever this is.

Sony conference as a whole was pretty underwhelming and poorly put together. I think I laughed for about 10 minutes straight from the guy playing the flute before Ghost of Tsushima, it sounded so bad.
    Maybe the locale had something to do with it.

The biggest problem I had with the Sony games shown is how heavily scripted all of them were. May as well have went full Death Stranding and just shown us full on cgi as opposed to fake gameplay that won't be repeatable when it actually comes out. Spiderman looks fun, TLoU2 will probably be good despite the trailer and Ghost of Tsushima looks visually stunning.

2019 is looking like a pretty good year for games.

• It looks and sounds beautiful but the facial animations are on the same level as ME andromeda

The next Assassins Creed is an rpg... damn!

• Well, I am very excited for The Last of Us: Part II and the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that there won't be any more future content for the Friday the 13th Game due to copyright lawship issues.

• Get Dead by Daylight. It's better and there are way more Killers/survivors. A new killer and survivor were recently added to the game, and will soon be available on PS4/XBO. Plus they have, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, The Pig(saw), and Leather Face.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Well, I am very excited for The Last of Us: Part II and the Resident Evil 2 Remake. On the other hand, I'm disappointed that there won't be any more future content for the Friday the 13th Game due to copyright lawship issues.

• edited June 2018

Destiny 2 just went from dumb one-liners and bad attempts at humor to... this. The most hated Destiny character who hasn't made an appearance since the first game killed the fan-favorite character with his own gun. I'm shocked. Anyone else feel the same?

I was skeptical about the Last of Us Part II reveal. No idea what the heck was going on and where's Joel? Gameplay was unbelievably good though! The graphics... MAN...

• New footage from the playable demo at E3 for Spider-Man including a Demon stronghold assault and a battle with an infamous Spider-Man villain...

• Anyone else feel like Nintendo was underwhelming? Personally I'm not much of a mario fan so at the moment the only reasons for me to buy a switch are Bayonetta 3 and Smash Bro's.

• (related to an E3 game)
    World Premiere Exclusive Gameplay of Just Cause 4.

Yeah, this looks good. Great. Fun. Just Cause 3... But the key mechanics have improved.

Square Enix gave the man first dibs on the keys to the country. This also happened with Just Cause 3.

• The Last of Us II was so stunning visually. With the dancing and the conversation between Ellie and her unnamed girlfriend, I felt as if I was watching two real people share a passionate moment. The facial expressions felt so nuanced and natural. Of course two individuals in a romantic relationship is "pandering to the political SJW climate", but I commend Naughty Dog for not altering that small element of Ellie to placate certain consumers.

Moreover, it feels like the company would never sacrifice their story to appease every fan. ND easily could have half-heartily doctored a sequel for 2015 and it would've garnered insane traffic before its low, uninspired quality became apparent. I have faith in their vision, and truly feel this will be a spectacular continuation.

I'm curious to explore the story of the cult pack, as they seem a far cry from the well-intentioned Fireflies. We hear it's a story of hate, and while there are clear potential origins for that hatred, I'm wondering how everyone's motivation and journey will unfold.

Ugh, but each combat scene uncannily resembled a cinematic sequence. The AI seemed so intelligent and the world appeared to react so deeply to the player's actions. 2019 is the future, I suppose, but so is today!

• damn I might have to pick up the new assassins creed, even though I couldn’t stand origins, this new one looks promising though.

• edited June 2018

I'm kinda on both sides. I'm happy that they are trying new things and I love that they're adding roleplaying and the choice of character (definitely playing as Kassandra) but one of my major issues with Origins was that it didn't have enough Assassin's Creed. Does that make sense? I liked Origins, it's a good game (story had a lot of room for improvement though) but a lot of the time it just didn't feel right. I felt that there was too much focus on combat and not enough stealth. Don't even get me started with the modern story though. They barely tried. Still a huge AC fan though and I'm looking forward to Oddysey.

I feel bad for the long-time AC fans who don't seem to be liking this new direction the franchise is taking, but as someone who got onboard with Origins I couldn't be more hyped for Odyssey!

• Yeah, I see what you're saying, and I've seen a lot of AC fans say the same. Personally I got into Origins as a fan of history rather than as a fan of AC lore, so naturally I didn't have any issues with it being different. That said, I can see how Ubi is ignoring the core fandom to garner new audience (like me). It does kinda feel like I'm hijacking a franchise by supporting this new direction, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to historical games :D

I would play Odyssey even if it had nothing to do with AC simply because an open world RPG set in Ancient Greece is basically a dream come true for me =) Of course I do hope they connect it to previous AC lore as well though, if only to appease the hardcore fans.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm kinda on both sides. I'm happy that they are trying new things and I love that they're adding roleplaying and the choice of character (d

• edited June 2018

cool

EDIT: Game 2 revealed. Called "Split the Room", it's about voting on yes or no questions of the supernatural and outlandish variety.

Details here

• Nothing wrong with being a newcomer fan. I can sympathize as I got into Resident Evil with RE6. Though the first one I played was Darkside Chronicles.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, and I've seen a lot of AC fans say the same. Personally I got into Origins as a fan of history rather than a

• Yeah, I can see that. And the video for the Cuphead DLC is shown below:

Umbassabro posted: »

I know right!!! ? Coming out in 2019?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.