AMA with Creative Director Kent Mudle [AMA over; answers posted from mostlypoptarts' account]

Comments

• Why did you decide to not bring the Garcias

• Will we get flashbacks of clementines past?

• edited July 2018

Thanks for doing this Caroline and Kent! (I'm also glad I didn't miss the announcement of this like last time)

I've got one TWD question here, unrelated to spoilers or upcoming events though ;)

Kent, across all the seasons and spin-offs (Michonne) what is your favourite Telltale Walking Dead moment/scene?

• How long is episode 1? Please do not kill Clem!!!

• Will we get any more [Hug] options?

I like hugs.

• I certainly wouldn't mind a hug from Louis But for real, this is a really cute question, It would be nice if there were more options to hug people this season.

Will we get any more [Hug] options? I like hugs.

• edited July 2018

Will there be a Episode 1 Trailer? If yes, then when can we expect it to be released?
    Also, when will the name of Ep1 be announced?

• edited July 2018

As long as there is no [Kiss] option.

Edit: Unless it's on the Forehead, I mean Kara kissed Alice on the forehead. It's what parents do right? LuL

I certainly wouldn't mind a hug from Louis But for real, this is a really cute question, It would be nice if there were more options to hug people this season.

• I agree with the sentence scored out lol (if my avatar wasn't already too obvious).

But yeah, in general I found those options to be really sweet in Season 2. I like being able to show people I care about them and I think it's a nice touching gesture in amongst all the misery of an apocalyptic setting :)

I certainly wouldn't mind a hug from Louis But for real, this is a really cute question, It would be nice if there were more options to hug people this season.

• Was he supposed to have answered these by now

• AMA is still a few minutes away. Starts at 2:00 est. 11:00 pst.

Clemenem posted: »

Was he supposed to have answered these by now

• It starts in 10 minutes from the time of this post :)

Clemenem posted: »

Was he supposed to have answered these by now

• edited July 2018
    1. Will there be romance in The Final Season?
    2. Will the walker gut trick be used?
    3. Would AJ get a chance to wear Kenny's hat if you had the go to wellington ending?
      (Thanks for the AMA)
  • edited July 2018

My Question is...who is the person who patched Clem up with that head bandage? I mean, I understand Marlon was the one who was showing her around the boarding house so I can reasonably guess it was him. Dudes on my good side already if that's the case.

• Wow, only 3 pages worth of questions from you guys... I'm impressed!

• wait how does this work? Does Kent just reply to questions? Lol I can imagine him changing the tab to the forums right now.

• I'm not staff, but I don't think staff can answer that one since it's a spoiler. As Caroline says in the main post, they're looking to avoid spoiling the episode.

patrickrc95 posted: »

My Question is...who is the person who patched Clem up with that head bandage? I mean, I understand Marlon was the one who was showing her a

• edited July 2018

True. Although I feel like I already answered my own question at this point.

I'm not staff, but I don't think staff can answer that one since it's a spoiler. As Caroline says in the main post, they're looking to avoid spoiling the episode.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Hey friends, this is Kent! I've using Caroline's account and am about to start diving into the questions. Thanks for all the great ones, and I'll get to as much as I can in the time we have. Here we go!

• Kent
  • Hey Kent! Thanks so much for taking the time to be here!

Hey friends, this is Kent! I've using Caroline's account and am about to start diving into the questions. Thanks for all the great ones, and I'll get to as much as I can in the time we have. Here we go! * Kent

I love the hell out of Ace Attorney, I am pretty sure I've played everyone that's been translated into america. One of my favorite series. The most recent one with the spirit trials was incredible. Such great character designs and animations.

Also, Gumshoe for life, ladder vs stepladder.

-Kent

dojo32161 posted: »

What is your opinion on the Ace Attorney series?

• Will be get to have some quality interaction with Rosie? That being if we get over what happened last time we met a dog.. ?

Not to spoil too much, but the menus for this season are awesome looking. It's a new bold look from what we've done before, and I think fans are really going to love them.
    (minor spoiler, they have animations in them!)

-Kent

While the season is undoubtedly debuting some new gameplay features we have never seen before in TT games, we haven't actually seen anything

There's no target length for the episodes, and we balance each of them feeling like they have just the right amount of content for what we can produce in the time we have. I think fans are going to be very happy with the lengths of the episodes and how full they feel.

-Kent

javoris767 posted: »

What's the target length for each episode since there's no 5th episode (based upon what the story needs of course)?

• edited July 2018

Will any of our choices from ANF affect TFS episode one? (Aside from Clem's s3 flashbacks)

• This has been asked multiple times before, just saying man you don't want to make it any harder

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Will any of our choices from ANF affect TFS episode one? (Aside from Clem's s3 flashbacks)

• edited July 2018

Has there been talks of doing any more crossovers between the show and comics?

We're drawing from many influences for the updates in gameplay, but working any ideas we like into a 'telltale' game if that makes sense. We're obviously not the first game to feature an over the shoulder camera, but we're really happy with what it's done to the kind of freewalk and exploration that walking dead is known for. An addition of a combat system was something we were really excited about as well, but were very careful in adapting into the kind of experience that makes a telltale game great.

• Kent
    Cocoa2736 posted: »

I've been purposely avoiding recent gameplay trailers because I want to experience it completely blind and firsthand. That being said, were

• Are the Garcia's returning? Are you planning to do more with their character?

Hey friends, this is Kent! I've using Caroline's account and am about to start diving into the questions. Thanks for all the great ones, and I'll get to as much as I can in the time we have. Here we go! * Kent

• Hello! ?
    Can you tell us at least that those characters who will return are from season 1, 2 or 3? Or that's too big spoiler? I really hope that one of them is at least Christa or Lilly.

Details about the gaps between seasons will come in time, but as to not give away any spoilers, we can't tell you any more yet. I think you'll find the explanations satisfying.

Will we get an explanation for what happened at McCarrol Ranch and why Clem didn't return to New Richmond?

• edited July 2018

Will Crowd Play return in TFS? What about rewind?

Specifically rewind, boy I miss rewind :'(

I think anyone can enjoy TFS. We do a catch up at the start, and the premise of Clementine and AJ's current situation is carefully made clear to the player. There is absolutely a richness that comes from having played the past seasons, with lots of little and large nods to past events, but whether you've played every Walking Dead game or this is your first, we think you'll have a great time with TFS regardless.

We're not specifically going for the 'no camera cuts' thing with every action scene, but I can assure you there will be more spectacular sequences of that level of intensity and creativity. Can't wait for you all to get to experience them.

• Kent

* Will this game have a "newcomer + returning players" focus like ANF or is it mainly for returning players? * Will we have more shots like

• This just cured my crippling depression. I like satisfying. And dynamic backgrounds for the main menu, oh yes.

Details about the gaps between seasons will come in time, but as to not give away any spoilers, we can't tell you any more yet. I think you'll find the explanations satisfying.

Very happy to reveal these, all the actors are incredible.

MARLON: Ray Chase
    LOUIS: Sterling Sulieman
    VIOLET: Gideon Adlon
    TENN: Zaire Hampton

• Kent

Who are the voice actors for Marlon, Louis, Violet and Ten?

• Hey Kent! It is fantastic to have you here!! I would also like to thank you for your tremendous work on Batman: The Enemy Within!! I really loved playing it!! :smile:

• Kent, I just want you to know that I love you.

Very happy to reveal these, all the actors are incredible. MARLON: Ray Chase LOUIS: Sterling Sulieman VIOLET: Gideon Adlon TENN: Zaire Hampton * Kent

I love a lot of the characters from the series, but I have a particular fondness for Chuck, the magic hobo, since I got to do cinematic work on his dramatic final stand in 104. He was taken from us too soon.

-Kent

DabigRG posted: »

Good evening, Director Mundle. I ask but two questions: Who were your favorite characters throughout each Season/Installment? Will some less emphasized/appreciated characters from the past get some acknowledgement?

• edited July 2018

chuck flashback confirmed for s4 ;)

I love a lot of the characters from the series, but I have a particular fondness for Chuck, the magic hobo, since I got to do cinematic work on his dramatic final stand in 104. He was taken from us too soon. -Kent

• Pfft He just basically said Chuck is alive and in S4....get your facts strait @4k60fpsHDR

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

chuck flashback confirmed for s4

This discussion has been closed.