AMA with Creative Director Kent Mudle [AMA over; answers posted from mostlypoptarts' account]

Comments

• Yes, as evident by your previous comment.

what was your question...I am a genius when it comes to ferreting out the "truth"*

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

Hearts, so I can Shoot the Moon and drop 26 points on those kids.

eRock92 posted: »

I hope it's spades. I'm gonna run a freakin' Boston on them kids.

• Jealousy is ugly.

Yes, as evident by your previous comment.

• I was asking about how they come up with the story and also some little things like Clem's surname and the state that s4 will be set in.

what was your question...I am a genius when it comes to ferreting out the "truth"*

• *...and he's just a sweet goofball *

Looks like AJ's title has been replaced and another ship is about to set sail.

I love all our weird children, but I have a special spot in my heart for Louis. He's got some really funny lines, and he's just a sweet goofball. -Kent

• Well he did say the story was about the concept of home..fighting for it for yourself and the people you love. Her Surname is unknown...hopefully we learn it. As for the state...well if Clem dies I will be in the state of denial lol....but it looks like Virginia from the license plates.

Ghetsis posted: »

I was asking about how they come up with the story and also some little things like Clem's surname and the state that s4 will be set in.

• Back off, I saw him first?

Kent, I just want you to know that I love you.

• edited July 2018

He replied to me TWICE!

WE ARE CLEARLY MARRIED AT THIS POINT.

Umbassabro posted: »

Back off, I saw him first?

• You could feel the passion on that final episode. An excellent series from start to finish, and one of the best jokers of all time

You're welcome! And just that I love Telltale Batman with all my heart, and if anyone hasn't played Enemy Within please do, so that you might also fall in love with that green haired murder boy. -Kent

• Not sure if trolling or serious..... Hmmmm....

I can confirm that the man at the end of the comic con teaser trailer is NOT Nate from 400 days. He's a brand new character. -Kent

• S1 writers: Hey, so we have this underdeveloped but very interesting and entertaining character both longtime and new fans will adore, just for you to use whenever.
    ANF writers: lol nah heres another boring forgettable Carver 2.0 :p

I can confirm that the man at the end of the comic con teaser trailer is NOT Nate from 400 days. He's a brand new character. -Kent

• Joan was nowhere near even Carver. She was a fucking atrocity that should have never existed.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

S1 writers: Hey, so we have this underdeveloped but very interesting and entertaining character both longtime and new fans will adore, just for you to use whenever. ANF writers: lol nah heres another boring forgettable Carver 2.0

• I knew that last character in the teaser wasn't nate...his eyes tell.

• I noticed how you skipped the most important question there. I really hope there's a good explanation for why Clem and AJ aren't in Richmond with Javi.

• Yeah it really does

That sucks

• I knew that character wasn't Nate, he doesn't even resemble him.

• Seems that way, yeah. Also, I was asking how excactly they come up with the story. For example, the card game idea. Who's idea was that? Were they just brainstorming? Particular method, such as coming up with 4 different scenarios and deciding with the team which one would work best?

Well he did say the story was about the concept of home..fighting for it for yourself and the people you love. Her Surname is unknown...hop

• Cheers to that. Alfred's speech really hit me, this sort of stuff never happens in other batman series.

You could feel the passion on that final episode. An excellent series from start to finish, and one of the best jokers of all time

• I think you're underestimating telltale here. Give em a chance this time, I have this feeling he's going to turn out as an entertaining and interesting villain, so long as he's not a bandit, lol they never turn out well.

S1 writers: Hey, so we have this underdeveloped but very interesting and entertaining character both longtime and new fans will adore, just for you to use whenever. ANF writers: lol nah heres another boring forgettable Carver 2.0

• Yeah I noticed that too. He skips all Garcia/Richmond questions, probably because they will not be given any screentime in the season, but there is room for some references. We do know that we'll have a quote unquote satisfying explanation as to how Clem got AJ.

I noticed how you skipped the most important question there. I really hope there's a good explanation for why Clem and AJ aren't in Richmond with Javi.

• Why is everyone assuming he's a/the villain?

I think you're underestimating telltale here. Give em a chance this time, I have this feeling he's going to turn out as an entertaining and interesting villain, so long as he's not a bandit, lol they never turn out well.

• Because he looked very sinister in the teaser. But we could be wrong

Acheive250 posted: »

Why is everyone assuming he's a/the villain?

• I wish I got to ask if there was going to be any dynamic weather effects in this season. I would love to have to fight walkers during a very dark thunderstorm. Kinda familiar to the fight we had at St. John and it reminds me of what happens when you fight the walker at Howes that chases you and you accidentally knock over the light stand.

• He could just be a really chilled out guy who just lives in the apocalypse but is reluctant to do much, perhaps unwilling to save anybody or something. He doesn't have that determination in his eyes, that stern look, moreso that he's just drowsy and does drugs at every oppurtunity.

• i know the guy can't give away much but geez thats some PR answers..

• what makes you say that? He only says 'I hope' or 'I think'

Clemmy1 posted: »

i know the guy can't give away much but geez thats some PR answers..

• It's a balding up in age white man with miscolored eyes smoking a cigar.

• Also would it be possible not kill Clem...please...I am begging you here!

What? You don't want to change your name to Clemmyshouldadiedins4? I think it has a catchy ring to it!

Hey thanks for this AMA...Question how are things different from your pov now that you do not have to worry about mobile for this (finale?)

• Is there a last moments, reminiscent of season one and the wolf among us where all your pass actions and decisions come to a head to be judged by an entity or entities with some perceived situational authority?

How do you guys come up with the creative ideas on how a character's appearance should look like in the story.. like with Ten for instance?

Will Clementine's origins be explored more?

• 19 days until The Walking Dead: The Final Season!!! I am so excited for it!! :smile:

• True. When the Season 2 trailer was released I remember a lot of people thinking Pete was going to be a villain(or at least another Larry type character). Obviously, he turned out to be quite the opposite.

Because he looked very sinister in the teaser. But we could be wrong

• How old are Clem and AJ?

• edited July 2018

Yeah, admittedly Pete's Johnny Klebitz design looks rather suspect for the role he ultimately plays and maybe even the context he's in. Even his concept art looks aggressive compared to the others.

Mattsag207 posted: »

True. When the Season 2 trailer was released I remember a lot of people thinking Pete was going to be a villain(or at least another Larry type character). Obviously, he turned out to be quite the opposite.

• edited July 2018

Who are you asking? The AMA was yesterday. If you're asking us normal people, best guess is AJ is 6 and Clem is 17.

Clemmazing posted: »

How old are Clem and AJ?

• Oh. Thanks though

Who are you asking? The AMA was yesterday. If you're asking us normal people, best guess is AJ is 6 and Clem is 17.

• Yes but this is a PR event. Straightforward answers are nice, but promoting the game takes priority over them. Business talk sucks, even for those in the business, but you're asking questions to someone representing a business and not him personally, so you can't really expect answers that wouldn't promote the game and the company, even if unfettered responses are always appreciated.

Clemmy1 posted: »

i know the guy can't give away much but geez thats some PR answers..

• Yep. That's our best estimation based on AJ's size and I didn't personally see it but I read on these forums somewhere that Melissa Hutchison (Clem's voice actress) said in an interview that Clem is 17 this season. Again, I didn't see that interview so I can't say she's 17 with 100% confidence but that seems about right since AJ looks like he's 5 or 6.

Clem was 8 and turned 9 during season 1.

She was 11 in season 2.

Ava guessed that Clem was 13 in season 3 and Clem didn't correct her so that plus AJ was born when Clem was 11 and looked around 2 in season 3 AND the fact that she got her period during season 3 and 13 is a common age for girls to get their first period, we can pretty safely say that she was 13 in season 3.

And based on what I said above it seems she's 17 in season 4.

Clemmazing posted: »

Oh. Thanks though

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2018

Although I'm not going to close the thread for now, I just wanted to give a heads up that the AMA is over since Kent had already answered the questions from yesterday. So, they probably aren't taking more questions right now.

Stay tuned for more potential AMAs in the future on the forums.

• Yeah. I only asked because Melissa had also said on her twitter that Clem's age was just her guess.
    Thanks though.

Yep. That's our best estimation based on AJ's size and I didn't personally see it but I read on these forums somewhere that Melissa Hutchiso

• just reminds me of the build up to ANF answers given by TT

what makes you say that? He only says 'I hope' or 'I think'

This discussion has been closed.