All aboard the Violetine ship. Choo Choo. (Romance Discussion)

Comments

• That would be awesome to watch those two take out a horde of walkers...

I am also lowkey hoping the devs set up a special route where you romance Vi but let her get kidnapped so we can see Clem raise hell, tearing apart everything standing between her and Vi.

Scythenger posted: »

I'm hoping to see vi and clem fighting together as a team against whoever.

• Since you mentioned it, I don't really like how seemingly strict the game is about who attacks Lily based solely on whether you didn't go with them.

acturis posted: »

That would be awesome to watch those two take out a horde of walkers... I am also lowkey hoping the devs set up a special route where you

• What you said would be awesome to watch too.

acturis posted: »

That would be awesome to watch those two take out a horde of walkers... I am also lowkey hoping the devs set up a special route where you

• edited October 2018

I agree. It would've made more since that the person the player romanced be the one who attacks lilly and it would've been nice if each person attacked lilly differently. Maybe one could've done a shoulder tackle and the other one a regular tackle or someone could've done a dropkick and the other one could've attacked lilly with a flying forearm. I would've loved seeing vi trying to kill lilly with a crazed look in her eyes and hear vi say I'm going to kill you! remembering what vi said to clem "what happened out in the woods, I saw they had you pinned, and I...got so crazy" vi trying to kill lilly and saying she's going to kill her would've made sense. And it just would've been cool to see.

DabigRG posted: »

Since you mentioned it, I don't really like how seemingly strict the game is about who attacks Lily based solely on whether you didn't go with them.

• I do like that there are moments with vi that require certain choices to be made to see. Like coy vi and vi saving clem from that walker. I hope there's more moments like that for vi in eps 3 and 4.

• Okay, what is Coy Vi? A gangly fish?

I do like that there are moments with vi that require certain choices to be made to see. Like coy vi and vi saving clem from that walker. I hope there's more moments like that for vi in eps 3 and 4.

• Page 50 got a video to show.

Okay, what is Coy Vi? A gangly fish?

• Wow, she barely completed that Ayanami pose.

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

Page 50 got a video to show.

• Yup i love Violet and Clem being together. Not to mention they will face challenges at the delta. Be? Did anybody tell Skybound to fix episode 2 choices? Like I want to see how many ppl pick Violet or Louis. Probably a lot of ppl pick and romanced Violet.

I'm hoping to see vi and clem fighting together as a team against whoever.

• Guess it's mine turn to dumptruckcontribute to one of these things.

You know, I did kinda wonder how Violet would look if drawn. This...this is the answer.

Credit to @ allhailtothealmightyboatgod

• I'm positive a lot of people picked vi and romanced her. I'm glad people like vi and ship her with clem. What matters is that there's support and love for vi and violetine at all. The capacity of it doesn't matter. But just from the stats of the first ep, tribute videos, fan art, the amount of youtubers who chose vi, and this thread there's a lot of support for vi and violetine. And I'm glad and thankful for all of it.

strwar3 posted: »

Yup i love Violet and Clem being together. Not to mention they will face challenges at the delta. Be? Did anybody tell Skybound to fix episo

• Someone asked on AMA, they said it's on their list of the things to do, but that it's a long list. I'm hoping they get the stats asap.

strwar3 posted: »

Yup i love Violet and Clem being together. Not to mention they will face challenges at the delta. Be? Did anybody tell Skybound to fix episo

• My prediction would be that too many people chose the ship based on preference of a sexual orientation, thereby having Louis ship percentages win for kind of an unfortunate reason. Even pewdiepie, who appealed to Violet in episode 1, and immediately chose to follow violet in episode 2 because he values her reliability and sense for importance of survival, still friendzoned her just because he wanted clem to be straight. Still, I wouldn't call him homophobic because it's normal to have a preference of your character being of one orientation or other, just like it's normal to prefer for your character to, for example, have brown over blonde hair, otherwise obviously respecting blondes and not being "blondophobic"(I think the concept of the analogy is literally the same).

I'm positive a lot of people picked vi and romanced her. I'm glad people like vi and ship her with clem. What matters is that there's suppor

• edited October 2018

It's also normal to not wanna pick any romance options either if you don't like the characters enough to do so or when that's not the kind of game/playthrough you're doing.

Razer531 posted: »

My prediction would be that too many people chose the ship based on preference of a sexual orientation, thereby having Louis ship percentage

• edited October 2018

What? PewDiePie simply said that he doesnt ship them and that he prefers Louis which has nothing to do with orientation, but the fact that PewDiePie as a person probably relates more to Louis cause they have pretty much the same personality. He even said that he likes Louis especially after what he has done to AJ, "I like Jaden Smith, I thought he is just a fool, but he has a good heart" or something like that.

I still am saying that Clouis has a lot more supporters than Violetine which can be easily seen on every Louis/Violet video, but to be honest I wouldn't be suprised if more people in the game went with Violet. Especially considering that all the pepole that didn't like that much neither of them probably still went with Violet due to her "checking the defences".

My prediction would be that too many people chose the ship based on preference of a sexual orientation, thereby having Louis ship percentage

• :lol:

Ease out. man.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

What? PewDiePie simply said that he doesnt ship them and that he prefers Louis which has nothing to do with orientation, but the fact that P

• Oh c'mon. I can't be more chill than I am right now. I just stated that Razer probably missed something there. But I could be the one here to miss it though as I watched the last like 25% of the Episode so if PewDiePie has said something before about him not wanting Clem to be homo then what I said doesn't matter ;D

Ease out. man.

• I know.
    I also know that you've unfortunately made something of a insistent, somewhat hostile name for yourself. And now you're [once again] using somewhat chaffed names to get your point across...in the den of the very faction of people who aggressively stand for the thing you don't and unfortunately have right to open their hoods because of your previous habits.

Oh c'mon. I can't be more chill than I am right now. I just stated that Razer probably missed something there. But I could be the one here t

• oh boi

I know. I also know that you've unfortunately made something of a insistent, somewhat hostile name for yourself. And now you're [once again

• I still am saying that Clouis has a lot more supporters than Violetine

uhhh

What? PewDiePie simply said that he doesnt ship them and that he prefers Louis which has nothing to do with orientation, but the fact that P

• Yeah because this forum consists of all the people that have played that game. On this forum yeah, Violet does have more supporters. Overall? Most likely not.

And pretty much every single popular Youtuber that went with Violet has bunch of comments on the top with "Why not Louis blablabla" . So yeah, I wouldn't be so sure If I were you.

I still am saying that Clouis has a lot more supporters than Violetine uhhh

• Can y'all stop this shit already,this argument is so fucking stupid,who cares if more youtubers liked Violet instead of Louis or if more people like Louis,they're both great characters and they're both great for Clem,that's it.

Yeah because this forum consists of all the people that have played that game. On this forum yeah, Violet does have more supporters. Overall

• Hey dude, I'm being polite here ya know. I'm not even putting troll comments there anymore. We're just talkin'. And I wouldn't really say that Violet is a great chracter and that she is great for Clem, but we have our opinions I guess.

iFoRias posted: »

Can y'all stop this shit already,this argument is so fucking stupid,who cares if more youtubers liked Violet instead of Louis or if more people like Louis,they're both great characters and they're both great for Clem,that's it.

• It's only a video game. Calm down. Rather - who cares? It's just preference, there's no need for a battle. Just understand it and get it ingrained in your head. What you are doing is pointless and futile. Get on with more important things. It's infuriating how some people enjoy having arguments over ships.

Hey dude, I'm being polite here ya know. I'm not even putting troll comments there anymore. We're just talkin'. And I wouldn't really say that Violet is a great chracter and that she is great for Clem, but we have our opinions I guess.

• Ok well pewds didn't say it explicitly, but I thought it was obvious for the following reason: pewds showed that he appreciates the most characters who are reliable and care about survival: he appealed to Violet and basically immediately followed Violet saying he doesn't think it was time for piano, and Violet acted nicely and all, however when given the ship/friendzone option, he hesitates at first as if he'd like to ship them, but decides to friendzone her saying: "I really don't ship them I'm sorry." And why else would he "really" not ship them if it wasn't for sexual bias? I just don't see it. And it's not like he wanted to save the ship for Louis, he wasn't so crazy about it anyway. Anyway even if Louis is just in general a better ship to him regardless of sexuality, I don't see why else would he say he really doesn't ship vi.

• Smh my fellow Clouis shippers be starting shit again ???

Get back to the Clouis thread and stay in your lane ????

• edited October 2018

Vi has supporters and so does violetine. As a vi and violetine supporter myself that's what really matters.

• Don't mind him, he's always trying to start shit, even if the discussion is not related to Violet / Louis / Whatever

Ghetsis posted: »

It's only a video game. Calm down. Rather - who cares? It's just preference, there's no need for a battle. Just understand it and get it ing

• Didn't he romance Chloe in Life is Strange though?

He went with Violet cause he was misleaded (he wanted to check the defences which werent checked afterall) like many other people. After he rejected Vi he said "Wait? Did I just screw up a romance with Jaden Smith?"

Why wouldnt he ship them? Because he simply doesnt. Sexuality doesnt play a big role in this case. He simply doesn't ship them.

Ok well pewds didn't say it explicitly, but I thought it was obvious for the following reason: pewds showed that he appreciates the most cha

• Hm, I'm kinda wondering - is it homophobic not to ship Violet with Clementine just because you don't want Clem to be a Bi-sexual/lesbian? Or would it be just a "normal" opinion?

Don't get me wrong, I am shipping Clementine with Louis, but sexuality didn't really matter for me.

Ok well pewds didn't say it explicitly, but I thought it was obvious for the following reason: pewds showed that he appreciates the most cha

• edited October 2018

Yes it is, the definition of homophobia is opposition to homosexuality or homosexual/romantic relationships.
    It's completely fine not wanting Clementine to be with Vi if you just don't like the character or them as a couple (the chemistry), or any other number of reasons, no one is forcing you to like it just because it's the gay option.

If your reason was "because I don't want Clem to be non-straight" then it's a lie to say that sexuality didn't matter to you, yeah?

Hm, I'm kinda wondering - is it homophobic not to ship Violet with Clementine just because you don't want Clem to be a Bi-sexual/lesbian? Or

• edited October 2018

I had a conversation lately in Steam about the latest episode with a Steam-friend. When we talked about the ships, he said he went with Violet, but friendzoned her later. He/she said he/she doesn't want Clementine to be a lesbian (or bi-sexual, if you count Gabe in ANF)

And if you wanna know why I ship Clem with Louis: I shipped Clementine with Louis because I like him a lot more than Violet. He was sympathetic since his first appearance in ep. 1. Violet's a cool character too, but some main reasons why I don't ship Clementine with Violet is
    A) Minerva (oh god, please not a love triangle like ANF again..)
    B ) Louis' cool and funny attitude
    and C) the bond between Louis and AJ. I'm giving him props for forgiving Clementine and AJ too, don't forget that AJ killed his bestfriend from childhood-days. I don't think that I could do this, especially not one or two days after it happened.

"If your reason was "because I don't want Clem to be non-straight" then it's a lie to say that sexuality didn't matter to you, yeah?"
    I have absolutely no idea where you get that from, if you want to say that I thought that way

Yes it is, the definition of homophobia is opposition to homosexuality or homosexual/romantic relationships. It's completely fine not wanti

• edited October 2018

Just a normal opinion. Just like it'd be normal to have or not have a preference for a hair color of character. It's a different story if you feel hatred, contempt and such towards one sexuality over the other.

Hm, I'm kinda wondering - is it homophobic not to ship Violet with Clementine just because you don't want Clem to be a Bi-sexual/lesbian? Or

• edited October 2018

I love how protective vi is of aj and clem. In ep 1 vi lets aj and clem run ahead of her to deal with approaching walkers, can save clem from a walker, and stands in front of clem to protect her with her weapon at the ready if you appeal to her. In ep 2 vi does the same thing she did for clem in ep 1 for aj but no one had to appeal to her. It was like a maternal instinct, sides with clem, makes mitch go with clem to protect her, and was one out of 3 people who voted for clem and aj to stay.

• You go out into a bit of detail about the Louis ship here that I don't really care about, it's completely OK that you prefer Louis, you don't have to defend your choice to me mate, it's fine, so for this discussion I'm just gonna disregard that and refer to the topic I previously replied to, it seems like I might have misunderstood what you intended to say so let me try to understand you better. I wasn't accusing you of feeling a specific way.

Now, as for your friend on steam and his reasoning, when I read "he doesn't want 'x-character' to be queer" I read that a homophobic reasoning, as my first reaction. I am assuming however that what he means is different.

What I am assuming he means, and correct me here if I am wrong, is that he envisions to play Clementine, his player character, as a straight individual and therefore chooses to friendship Violet for that reason. So in reality it's not that he dislikes homosexuality or dislikes the idea that Clementine could go for that option, but that he takes the option that fits the projected personality he has for Clementine, is this more correct?

I had a conversation lately in Steam about the latest episode with a Steam-friend. When we talked about the ships, he said he went with Viol

• edited October 2018

I think that I might've misunderstood you. For me, it seemed like that you thought that I shipped Clementine with Louis only "because I don't want Clem to be non-straight". I apologize for that.

You may be correct, but I'm still not 100 percent sure if this'd count as homophobic or not. I don't mean the Violetine ship at all, if you're not shipping them because you don't like the chemistry between them or something like that. My question was, is it homophobic if you don't ship Clementine with Violet just because you don't want Clementine, your playable character, to be lesbian/bi-sexual and I think that you already answered that in your first answer. :smile:

My personal opinion: tbh, I dunno if this'd count as homophobic or not. Like,it's still an opinion, but making a ship-decision only based on the sexuality? Mh, I don't know ..

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native english speaker :smile:

You go out into a bit of detail about the Louis ship here that I don't really care about, it's completely OK that you prefer Louis, you don'

• edited October 2018

hmmm

I still am saying that Clouis has a lot more supporters than Violetine uhhh

• Cuz more people picked Vi in game so they wanna see the Louis one :D

hmmm

• My platonic Clem reaction when she sees Violetiners, Clouiners or Jamentiners (before their demise) while they're struggling against each others.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.