All aboard the Violetine ship. Choo Choo. (Romance Discussion)

Comments

• the real ship

• I agree. I'm one of the suckers that love having control over my character, but in this case it was a huge mistake. Telltale never had the ambition or creative capacity to follow through with the #myclementine concept. From a idealistic standpoint I love role playing elements, from a games design and narrative aspect it was an enormous blunder.

Ghetsis posted: »

But #myclementine is a mistake. So was ANF's writing, but #myclementine was a mistake. It gave players a false understanding of just how muc

• Oh, YOU! :triumph:

Just give in bro, I'm Majin Vegeta and you're Goku. We gotta have it out sooner or later lol

• Dat face on the botton looks like violet Chicken Nugget.

MrGraffio posted: »

the real ship

• It defeats the purpose if you are trying to get more Vi time. But on the other hand, imagine the look on Vi's face after Clem lights Delta on fire and frees Vi from her cage. Clem offers her a hand to stand up with Vi only being able to say. "I knew you'd come back."

Unless Telltale/Skybound takes the opposite approach. Clem lights the place on fire on to find Vi and Minerva are back together despite everything Clem does to rescue Vi. Then Louis sweeps in to pick up Clem on the rebound.

but that way she will be fighting along Louis not Violet. That kind of defeats the purpose. Don't you think?

• 1. How will everyone treat minerva when they first meet her?
    Treat her nice. My Clem is cunning and diplomatic to make people easier to manipulate.
    2. If minerva tries to get back with vi will you intervene or let things play out?
    At face value, my Clem would let it play out and not directly interfere (Unless things get physical, see below). Violet needs to make this decision on her own. Having said that, Clem would make damn sure that Violet knew how much Clem cared about her and how awesome life would be with Clem.
    3. If minerva tries to persuade vi to join delta how will you react and what would you do?
    So this is where Clem would directly put her foot down and say not a chance in hell. Richmond and farm flashbacks would definitely push Clem to nip this in the butt. This right here is fighting words.
    4. If minerva just kisses vi when she sees her and vi had no time to react beforehand will you be mad at vi? and would minerva be officially on your hit list? or would minerva be officially on your hit list if she tries to get back with vi and or pursuade vi to join delta?
    Not at first. Minerva would be reacting natural to what she remembered their relationship being like. Heck, she probably doesn't even know Clem exists, let alone moved in the school and swept Violet off her feet. She'd instantly be marked as competition to be squashed, but not hated. Clem would be peeved, but trusts Violet to do the right thing.

Now, if Violet doesn't recoil/push Minerva off, that'd be aggravating. However, that could slide if Violet tells Minerva what's been going on between her and Clem (At least have the decency to inform all involved parties).

If Violet doesn't correct Minerva after the kiss, then Clem would be infuriated. How would this happen? Perhaps Violet wants some time to build up the courage to tell Minerva the truth. Bad, but understandable to an extent. Or maybe Violet is indecisive and wants to avoid conflict with what few people she has a true connection with. Far worse as Violet would be pushing off responsibility to have her cake and eat it too. Here is where Clem would snap to directly confront Minerva while putting Violet in the dog house in the process.

5. Also did anyone romance vi and let vi get taken? If so why? and are you going to go back or have gone back to save vi?
    I did on my second play through. Like I wrote in a previous post. I'm secretly hoping that Violet will say something along the lines of 'I knew you'd come back for me'.

Scythenger posted: »

How will everyone treat minerva when they first meet her? If minerva tries to get back with vi will you intervene or let things play out?

• Oh yeah I forgot to tell you.. remember in one of the Clem's sexuality threads you said people can interpret choices as 1 of 2 ways? Well because of devs' confirmation, we now know that one of the two statements that you listed are true. I was thinking about making a separate thread about it, since it's such a big deal and one of the great Telltale mysteries. But funnily enough, no-one really remarked on it.

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

I agree. I'm one of the suckers that love having control over my character, but in this case it was a huge mistake. Telltale never had the a

• edited October 2018

Nah people were too occupied with moaning about the specifics of how sexuality works to give my games design #knowledge the time of day. I'm glad someone read it with interest though! That makes my day.

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you.. remember in one of the Clem's sexuality threads you said people can interpret choices as 1 of 2 ways? Well be

• I really like that you were detailed with your answers.

acturis posted: »

1. How will everyone treat minerva when they first meet her? Treat her nice. My Clem is cunning and diplomatic to make people easier to man

• Thanks ^^
    I don't really do 'ships' as most romances typically aren't handled well by entertainment in my view. Plus, not shipping lets you avoid the shipping wars. So when I ship, I ship hard.

This is the first romance I've 'shipped' since someone suggested to me that Sokka and Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender really should go out some time (serious bomb dropped when I had that realization).

Scythenger posted: »

I really like that you were detailed with your answers.

• OMG, Exactly the same here! Besides, I personally think if you treat Minnie like shit EVERYONE will be mad at you (specially Vi and Tenn), I mean, she was (and maybe, still is) their friend longer than Clem was. And for Vi she was not only her best friend, but it also was her girlfriend.

And well, she is Tenn's sister, so...

1. How will everyone treat minerva when they first meet her? Treat her nice. My Clem is cunning and diplomatic to make people easier to man

• Credit: PsychoTheOne

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited October 2018

I like violet, but I can't wait for her to die. I wanna see how they'll kill and how Clementine will react. I hope she gets a gruesome death like getting shot in the head with a shotgun or getting her guts ripped out like Doug and Norma. Or maybe getting crushed by a tree. Or maybe getting her lower half crushed by a tree and then shot in the head with a shotgun.

• edited October 2018

I bet most of the remaining kids will be determinant. That may include Louis and Violet
    OR
    Maybe if you were a good friend to both of them, it won't matter wich one romanced or saved (or if you didn't romance anyone), maybe you will be able to save both of them anyway.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I like violet, but I can't wait for her to die. I wanna see how they'll kill and how Clementine will react. I hope she gets a gruesome death

• edited October 2018

You're welcome :-) It's the same with me with ships. I thought toph and zuko would be a good pair. I'm glad you ship violetine.

Thanks ^^ I don't really do 'ships' as most romances typically aren't handled well by entertainment in my view. Plus, not shipping lets you

• That's a very lovely drawing. Everything looks cool too.

bobshaw posted: »

Credit: PsychoTheOne

• That's really brutal lol. I feel like if she were to die, Lilly would be the one to kill her. Either that or she sacrifices herself to save Clem/AJ. (Hopefully not though, I dread the thought of her or Clem dying)

I like violet, but I can't wait for her to die. I wanna see how they'll kill and how Clementine will react. I hope she gets a gruesome death

• Violer hair because I love Violet ❤️

• Your hairs are way longer than Violet's!

Violer hair because I love Violet ❤️

• This, but for Louis.

• yea but its the color violet

Gauss99 posted: »

Your hairs are way longer than Violet's!

• I'm Badger's little brother =D

yea but its the color violet

• I like how Louis looks kinda like Violet and Violet looks more like James.

Also at least the hair needed to be a much dirtier color.

CommanderD posted: »

I laugh so hard omg hahahahahahaha source:http://vilavenderm23.tumblr.com/post/179325337098

• Sheesh, how old is she?

Violer hair because I love Violet ❤️

• excuse me

DabigRG posted: »

Sheesh, how old is she?

• What do you mean by that

Sheesh, how old is she?

• that’s funny cause i took it as an insult ?

What do you mean by that

• Why don't you just ask Graffio yourself?

Sheesh, how old is she?

• edited October 2018

Uh, looking at the other responses, did I not?
    Which is a bit of a problem itself.

Why don't you just ask Graffio yourself?

• Answer us, Dabig

What do you mean by that

• This, but for no one ?

This, but for Louis.

• I worded that wrongly, that picture is Graffio and you came off in an offensive tone 'sheesh, how old is she?'

Uh, looking at the other responses, did I not? Which is a bit of a problem itself.

• Yeah, sorry bout that. It was more a crack about tweens and their goth/emo phases.

I worded that wrongly, that picture is Graffio and you came off in an offensive tone 'sheesh, how old is she?'

• edited October 2018

delete

Yeah, sorry bout that. It was more a crack about tweens and their goth/emo phases.

• Once again your vagueness on the subject confuses the hell out of everyone XD

Yeah, sorry bout that. It was more a crack about tweens and their goth/emo phases.

• Since everyone's posting their selfie, I might as well post mine...

• edited October 2018

You know guys, we have a thread for that in the General chat forum. You might even see me if you back far enough.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Since everyone's posting their selfie, I might as well post mine... (Spoiler)

• ... Can I join this ship:)

• Sure, just bring a life jacket. This thread floods with clouis shippers every once in a while.

joshua007 posted: »

... Can I join this ship:)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.