The Walking Dead: The Final Season - PAX West Reunion Panel Discussion Thread + Episode 2 First Look

Comments

• Well the difference is Kenny wasnt born in this world and brought up in it. The point is Aj cant live in society, he thinks too much about the walkers and destorying any danger, even in situations where things are under control. This difference in Kenny and Aj is Kenny does know how to function in society, and can be brought back into it, and does know how to the world used to be. Aj doesnt, he doesnt know what the world used to be and he doesnt understand social norms of civilization.

Its like Mice and Men, Aj would never hurt Clem, but it doesnt mean he isnt a danger to others, and in the end it turned out better for George to kill Lenny, even though George didnt want to, and I can see a similar thing happening with Clem and Aj.

I feel like Telltale’s kinda pulling a ‘Kenny’ on Aj tbh. In Season 2 the game is constantly trying to convince you that Kenny is losing it

• Wow that teaser was awesome. Especially love the St. John's music from way back in s1e2.... the feels, man.

• Yeah I did, it was great seeing Jeff talk about TWD, ive never seen him do that before. To be honest I wished they asked him more questions because everything that everyone else said was pretty much all stuff I've already heard them say at one convention or another
    Also was nice to know that Scott is as triggered about Luke's death as we are

NexusFire posted: »

So did everyone liked the panel?

• Do you think he could be Carver's son?

Yeah, I'm getting those vibes from him, and I'm starting to worry. I'm starting to think that the season may end with Clem putting AJ down.

• If he ends up being a danger to others then so be it. I’d rather have Clem and AJ against the world then Clem shooting him. I would still try to teach Aj how society works the best I can but if push comes to shove Im putting Aj’s safety above anyone else.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well the difference is Kenny wasnt born in this world and brought up in it. The point is Aj cant live in society, he thinks too much about t

• This ep 2 will be very interesting, it looks like we're going to have to social and moral lessons for AJ this is very cool, I hope you have mentions from the lessons that Lee gave to Clem. Does anyone else think about it or do you just think about killing AJ?

• Seems like that we might get a flashback detailing Clem's time at the ranch AJ was sent to.

• Starting to seem more and more like it, that's for sure.

Do you think he could be Carver's son?

• Everyone expects this.

matteso586 posted: »

Seems like that we might get a flashback detailing Clem's time at the ranch AJ was sent to.

• Just because he killed Marlon?

Starting to seem more and more like it, that's for sure.

• I guess it's safe to come back out for a little bit.

I said it after playing episode 1, and I'll say it again. I don't think it's Clem that we have to worry about dying but rather AJ. It is literally the most bittersweet thing that TTG can do to Clem in the TWD universe: have Clem's reason for living be ripped away from her.

AJ has no value attached to life or sense of humanity because of not only because he was born in the apocalypse but because he has seen so much death. The stories Clem most likely has told AJ about the people she has lost, the "blood" at McCarrol Ranch (which I'm excited to learn about; Clem suffering from nightmares is something I've been wanting since S2), the lack of interaction with other people since the ranch; all of these moments and any others revealed throughout the season have most likely shaped AJ to be cold yet he thinks he's normal. Killing someone to him is just another part of life. He doesn't understand the magnitude of the fact the human population is dwindling, thus why he can shoot someone without hesitation while most older individuals try to keep people alive.

At no fault to Clem, AJ is showing signs he is unstable. He is more built for survival in this new world but is too radical for people still trying to use old world morals and values to build a new society. I hope someone (probably Marlon and/or Violet) calls Clem out on it because I believe she subconsciously knows this but refuses to accept it (this would probably be a great scenario to bring out the ruthless side of Clem with someone telling her that her light of hope is an unstable monster; the way she reacts is dependent upon if she shot Kenny, watch Jane die, or left alone). AJ brings a whole new perspective on the issue of rebuilding a society in the new world. Is this new world ready for the "children of the apocalypse"? How can adults of the old world, the last generation of the old world, and the generation of the new world coexist? Who is correct in a world where the rules and morals have not been established?

I'm really interested in how TTG handles AJ. I could be wrong about AJ's radical thinking correlating to his potential death. However, I think it would be an interesting concept and situation to put Clem in. There seems to be a lot of stories in recent pop culture with children saving society from adults. A story where the children's society reaps a poisonous fruit would be an awesome twist as it shows nobody has the perfect solution for the future. With Clem dealing with these external and internal issues, I hope we get some of Melissa Hutchinson's best acting yet.

• I could see that being the case since AJ is an active threat to everyone else but Clementine which can be very problematic and destructive at some point.

Well the difference is Kenny wasnt born in this world and brought up in it. The point is Aj cant live in society, he thinks too much about t

• Why a threat?

Chibikid posted: »

I could see that being the case since AJ is an active threat to everyone else but Clementine which can be very problematic and destructive at some point.

• That and he's holding a knife, bites people, punches them in the dick, and showing signs of not being able to live in a somewhat stable and civilized society.

BigLee posted: »

Just because he killed Marlon?

• He is holding a knife does not mean anything (he was going to patrol until Clem asked him to come back) Bite / beat means nothing he can learn from mistakes and that Clem will have to do social and moral lessons so he is not like this. You'll change your mind in episode 2 because you do not understand your frustrations and anger.

That and he's holding a knife, bites people, punches them in the dick, and showing signs of not being able to live in a somewhat stable and civilized society.

• Pretty much. I can see a whole conflict being how Aj causes more and more problems, maybe even getting more of them killed, and the civilized people are stuck in a situation where they dont know what to do with Aj because they are afraid Aj will just kill them.

Chibikid posted: »

I could see that being the case since AJ is an active threat to everyone else but Clementine which can be very problematic and destructive at some point.

• I think the problem is...no matter how awesome Clem is...she is still a kid in many ways....She can protect AJ and teach him to survive....but being on the run and such...no...I do not think AJ is able to operate fully in groups.

• edited September 2018

AJ wants to prove himself to be more capable than the other boarding school kids, it's apparent with this 'tough guy' ego he's starting to form. Ultimately, I think feeding into it is not gonna be beneficial in the long run and will most likely lead to him doing something reckless just because he has to be 'tough.'

• edited September 2018

@Legendary12 What did he do to him finding himself above the other children?

• Pretty much. I can see a whole conflict being how Aj causes more and more problems, maybe even getting more of them killed

Please don't let him be another Ben...

You little pissant! You're fucking dead, you hear me? Dead! You got them fucking killed!

Pretty much. I can see a whole conflict being how Aj causes more and more problems, maybe even getting more of them killed, and the civilize

• Thank you

eRock92 posted: »

I guess it's safe to come back out for a little bit. I said it after playing episode 1, and I'll say it again. I don't think it's Clem t

• Is AJ wearing Marlon's jacket? Because I don't know how I'd feel about him shooting him in the head and just donning his jacket around the camp

• edited September 2018

You're welcome. I just call it as I see it.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Thank you

• I feel sorry for the kid. He's not used to being around others and it's already proved to be unsafe. Clearly whatever happened at the Ranch fucked with them heavily.

He's developing dangerously. He wants to grow tougher. But I want him to grow smarter. Not around walkers, he already knows how to handle himself around them, and Clem taught him well. But smarter around people. I understand why he wants to take those precautions and paranoia can help you survive. But there comes a point where that paranoia will be your undoing. I want him to understand that.

• edited September 2018

I like this teaser, didn't spoil anything at all (is cut after the Ranch flashback and doesn't reference the cliffhanger of EP1) but still gave us something to chew on.

• edited September 2018

I like how AJ is somehow a "psychopath" (a psychopath for doing things countless people in the TWD everyday it's practically boring) and needs to be euthanized like he's animal simply for killing Marlon.

Marlon trafficked little kids into slavery, you dummies.

AJ didn't shoot Tenn, or Violet, or Willy, or Louis. He shot the person who was a viable threat to everyone and was waving a gun around and looking to kill at the drop of a hat.

Fuck Marlon.

• Everything you said. This is what I'm chewing on:

• AJ has a new outfit, yet it's Disco Broccoli
    • AJ's comment implies Clem is having nightmare again thus 1) it's been a little while since she had them and 2) something between the cliffhanger and the episode 2 teaser caused Clem to have nightmares again
    • Something also triggered AJ to be extra defensive and guard the window now
    • Despite the episode 1 cliffhanger, Clem and AJ 1) are still at the boarding school and 2) able to have a casual conversation like they had before.

So now I'm really curious as to what happened after the episode 1 cliffhanger.

I like this teaser, didn't spoil anything at all (is cut after the Ranch flashback and doesn't reference the cliffhanger of EP1) but still gave us something to chew on.

• didn't rebecca say she knew he was carvers son in s2? can't remember exactly.

Do you think he could be Carver's son?

• edited September 2018

lol, what part of TWD is civilized?

I'm guessing you guys would kill kids for simply acting like kids in a zombie apocalypse.

That and he's holding a knife, bites people, punches them in the dick, and showing signs of not being able to live in a somewhat stable and civilized society.

• Aj isn't a threat to any one. It wouldn't make any sense to kill aj off. He's not some demon child or villain in the making. He's just a kid that needs proper guidance. Marlon was the one that waved a gun around at people. Aj hasn't done that. Aj shouldn't be the one perceived as a villain and someone that needs to be put down just because he killed marlon. Aj isn't ben or gabe. He was the one put in a life threatening situation. He wasn't the one who put others in a life threatening situation. Aj's more mature than ben and gabe despite being younger than the both of them.

• Yes, AJ shot a broken, unarmed teenager suffering from anxiety and paranoia as well as someone asking to be kicked out of the group considering he felt bad for the things he had done.

Marlon’s not entirely stable nor is he fit to be a leader but he’s no monster.

I like how AJ is somehow a "psychopath" (a psychopath for doing things countless people in the TWD everyday it's practically boring) and nee

• marlon also just got finished killing someone then trying to kill clem then trying to blame everything on her. he had to die.

J-Master posted: »

Yes, AJ shot a broken, unarmed teenager suffering from anxiety and paranoia as well as someone asking to be kicked out of the group consider

• marlon was a broken leader who since around 9 or 10 waa leading a group of kids like it or not, people forget they were kids at one point i swear

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited September 2018

Clem's hat is nowhere to be found in that room. I find that to be disconcerting.

• edited September 2018

Gave away tenn's sisters, lied to tenn and said walkers killed them, coward out in trying to save them. Says he'd do it again. Kills brody, blames it on clem. Was going to give up aj and clem. Kills clem and smirks about it. Tries to manipulate violet if clem appeals to her by bringing up minerva and mentioning brody. Totally not a monster. He wasn't stable at all. Paranoia, anxiety, and marlon feeling bad does not give him a free pass nor should it give him sympathy points. The only two options marlon deserved was either execution or being treated like a prisoner. Letting someone as unstable and dangerous as him go or letting him stay but not as leader are both bad choices.

Yes, AJ shot a broken, unarmed teenager suffering from anxiety and paranoia as well as someone asking to be kicked out of the group consider

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2018

You know what really concerns me? Think of all the awful stuff Clementine has witnessed. Out of all of those things, it's the ranch that gives her nightmares. Recurring nightmares, at that.

If the ranch is that traumatizing for Clementine, whatever happened there must have been fucking horrifying.

• You don't think it's suspicious Marlon eagerly asks to be kicked out? (hint: to join his raider friends)

Being a monster or not is irrelevant if you do monstrous things.

• Clem wouldn't trade kids for "protection". She'd rather die fighting.

Sir_Tubs posted: »

marlon was a broken leader who since around 9 or 10 waa leading a group of kids like it or not, people forget they were kids at one point i swear

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2018

Seems like he'd be taking quite a gamble if he went looking for them. What if they just kill him on the spot or take him as a slave, too?

If he was scared enough by these guys to give away two of his own people to make them leave him alone, why would he ever want to go looking for them again? Everything seems to suggest that Marlon's cowardice outweighs his vengeance.

You don't think it's suspicious Marlon eagerly asks to be kicked out? (hint: to join his raider friends) Being a monster or not is irrelevant if you do monstrous things.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.