Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• That assures it then. We'll get very little or no info on TFS tomorrow.

OzzyUK posted: »

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing we hear from Skybound tomorrow about TFS is "we are exploring all options to make sure E

• The only thing we can do is hope for some info about TFS

• Deck nine did an excellent job on life is strange before the storm

MichaelBP posted: »

Huh, I guess that could make Deck Nine a potential candidate then.

• I mean, it's good to know they're trying to work it out, but just because they're looking for a way to rehire ex-devs doesn't mean that it's going to work. The ex-devs might be already engaged with another company or they could just simply refuse the offer. (which I wouldn't be surprised about, because of the way Telltale treated their employees)

Idk, I'll probably remain sceptical until the official announcement.

• Because they couldn't pay them. If Telltale hands of the production to another studio, they wouldn't need to pay the employees. If everything goes as planned, the new studio would pay the team to finish TFS.

It will "only" be contract-based work for the team, but at least they get payed for something and if it works out well enough, I could see the new studio hire some of the team full-time.

At the same time: Telltale continues their contractual obligations to Netflix by finishing Minecraft. If that's done, Telltale will completely shut down and the skeleton crew will be fired. The end.

Akibaba posted: »

At least we'd know that TFS is in the hands of developers who care about it. It just begs the question: Why not just keep those developer

• edited October 2018

I get being hopeful, but people on here are too much so, to the point of naivety. I want to be too, because I want the game to be finished, but I don't see any reason to. Whenever a snippet of seemingly good news surface, people hyperfocus on it only to be let down the harder when it turns out to be nothing worthwhile. Same will happen today with the panel.

• One thing about this thread I seem to go from hopeful to depressed and back to hopeful

• Telltale Is Looking For Another Company To Hire Its Staff To Finish The Walking Dead, Sources Say

As for who exactly might return to finish the series, one former developer told Kotaku it would ideally be the entire original team but could also be as few as would be absolutely required to get the remaining episodes out the door. As negotiations drag on, however, it’s unclear who will still be available as ex-employees race to find new jobs. Many of those who were laid off last month, who had no warning and did not receive any form of severance payment, don’t have the luxury of sitting around waiting to see if they eventually get a phone call.

https://kotaku.com/telltale-is-looking-for-another-company-to-hire-its-sta-1829503254

• edited October 2018

guess I'll just die then

EDIT: I mean it's fine if Deck Nine want to hire former TTG staff but I don't even like TFS and I still wouldn't want the people behind Before the Storm to have anything to do with it.

MichaelBP posted: »

• Well if someone wants to hire the dev team to work on the TWD, then why can't another studio (or maybe the same one) hire the dev team that were working on TWAU?

Poogers555 posted: »

Do you guys think whoever is going to finish ep 3 and 4 will also pick up Wolf 2? Ha ha... ha... ha... in our dreams, right? ;'(

• I don't wanna sound harsh and ungrateful, but if the team is out of work then they can hardly say no to getting a pay check... Plus they will be working on the same project as before, sounds like a bonus to me.

EbiManami posted: »

I'm kinda nervous. Do you think fired staff will even wanna come back for contract work? There's a possibility they won't.

• Clearly these things take time...

gta3demon posted: »

While that is good news on its face, its important to note that even the people involved thought there would have been an announcement by September 28th, and it didn't happen. What is the hold up?

• Dammit man the war is not lost until it is lost!! We still have yet to hear of what will happen to TT's portfolio! Don't give up until the fat lady sings...

No we did not win....at best we will get ep. 3 and 4....sweet....but look wtf we have lost. We have lost Telltale, we have lost any chance

• I'm not going to get too much hopeful for today and you guys should too...just in case we get a middle finger.

• Probably because TWAUS2 wouldn't be as profitable for the new studio as TFS.

TFS had already two and 3/4th episodes ready. TWAU wasn't nearly as far into developement, so it would require much more funding to finish it, than TFS. However, since it ran on Unity and not on the Telltale Tool, it wouldn't be as reliant on the people who previously worked on it, since Unity is much more accessible tool. So they could theoretically do it, if they manage to aquire the rights to it.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen in the next couple of years.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Well if someone wants to hire the dev team to work on the TWD, then why can't another studio (or maybe the same one) hire the dev team that were working on TWAU?

• Just gonna take a quick screenshot of this comment jic.

I get being hopeful, but people on here are too much so, to the point of naivety. I want to be too, because I want the game to be finished,

• I can hold my breath for a very long time

GSSalvador posted: »

Probably because TWAUS2 wouldn't be as profitable for the new studio as TFS. TFS had already two and 3/4th episodes ready. TWAU wasn't ne

• Idc....KEEP HOPE ALIVE DAMMIT

• That would imply that Telltale was extremely cash-strapped if they couldn't afford to even partially keep that team running for just two months. It's absurd how anyone could let that happen.

Handing over production almost certainly results in lost revenue for Telltale as opposed to doing it in-house. Even if the plan was to entirely close down after the Netflix contract, surely they'd still care about having a better bottom-line at the end of it all?

Because they couldn't pay them. If Telltale hands of the production to another studio, they wouldn't need to pay the employees. If everythin

• Handing over production almost certainly results in lost revenue for Telltale as opposed to doing it in-house. Even if the plan was to entirely close down after the Netflix contract, surely they'd still care about having a better bottom-line at the end of it all?

They really don't. They know that Telltale won't survive this. The least they can do is to hand over the game to someone, who is capable of completing it.

Telltale is dead. We know it and they know it. It's the game that can still survive while also potentially provide payed work for some of the fired employees.

That would imply that Telltale was extremely cash-strapped if they couldn't afford to even partially keep that team running for just two mon

• I'm not convinced that they wouldn't care about about the bottom-line, seeing as that would be a part of fulfilling their obligations to the board.

Handing over production almost certainly results in lost revenue for Telltale as opposed to doing it in-house. Even if the plan was to entir

• When’s this panel?

• 2.15 est time USA

Melton23 posted: »

When’s this panel?

• So about 4 hours then, give or take

donmike84 posted: »

2.15 est time USA

• edited October 2018

I hate to be a buzzkill, but considering that the panel is only 15 minutes long and the main focus is Overkill's Walking Dead, I wouldn't count on any news on TFS aside from maybe a brief mention. Try not to get your hopes up too high, guys.

• its over guys

• Great to have clarification of ...something there.

Sir_Tubs posted: »

its over guys

• Is this guy some sort of resident troll or something ._. ?

Sir_Tubs posted: »

its over guys

• Not only, that, but it'd sort out a lot of problems regarding handing over the Telltale Tool.

At least we'd know that TFS is in the hands of developers who care about it. It just begs the question: Why not just keep those developer

• " hi guys ,welcome back ! Sorry about the mass layoffs" TT

"......." TT OG

" so let's negotiate ! Would you be willing to do this for the payment of LOVE?"

door closes

• I don't think anyone was expecting much of anything from a 15 minute panel. I'm literally just expecting them to say "hey guys so the game is not cancelled lets move on". I'm not expecting much else lol

ralo229 posted: »

I hate to be a buzzkill, but considering that the panel is only 15 minutes long and the main focus is Overkill's Walking Dead, I wouldn't count on any news on TFS aside from maybe a brief mention. Try not to get your hopes up too high, guys.

• I keep remembering that Tweet Pete Hawley made last week about how the company isn't bankrupt (or at least hasn't filed for it yet) so I'm very confused about all that...

That would imply that Telltale was extremely cash-strapped if they couldn't afford to even partially keep that team running for just two mon

• edited October 2018

Telltale have not tweeted since the multiple partners expressing interest tweet so we are still waiting in limbo

• It's only 15 minutes? Sounds like a fucking pointless panel if it's that short! :/

I don't think anyone was expecting much of anything from a 15 minute panel. I'm literally just expecting them to say "hey guys so the game is not cancelled lets move on". I'm not expecting much else lol

• Where can we watch the panel?
    I'm guessing we watch it here: https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/67350/Skybound-Preview-The-Future-of-The-Walking-Dead-Video-Games
    But could be wrong.

• edited October 2018

Yep, it will start in an hour.

EDIT: Here's the livestream:

JCNLM_ posted: »

Where can we watch the panel? I'm guessing we watch it here: https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/67350/Skybound-Preview-The-Future-of-The-Walking-Dead-Video-Games But could be wrong.

• yeah and im pretty sure its mostly gonna be about overkills walking dead game so not much for TFS most likely

HazzatheMan posted: »

It's only 15 minutes? Sounds like a fucking pointless panel if it's that short!

• Thank you.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Yep, it will start in an hour. EDIT: Here's the livestream:

• Nah, I'd say there are 5 in the legal team that keep the company running (including hawley) and then 20 devs who are working on Minecraft port. Seems reasonable.

gta3demon posted: »

There's literally only 25 people there. All presumably to do the Minecraft thing. I mean, the tweets with our TFS announcements were screen

• So is the panel began?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.