Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• I hope so dude, I really do.

I don't see them doing that in a million years. If they were cancelling it we would have just gotten a tweet as an announcement. They wouldn

• They used a picture of the Telltale series and used the phrase gameS plural

GSSalvador posted: »

It's not even confirmed that they'll be talking about TFS. They should put out a tweet, like "check the panel to get the newest information about the future of Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season"

• edited October 2018

Should I be nervous or excited or both hopefully the future of the final season should become a little clearer I really want to see clemintine story come to an end

• I definitely think the use of Telltale's TWD picture is a sign that it will be a big focus during the panel. Telltale's closing has been in the news for the last couple of weeks, it's not like they don't know what's going on with them. They willingly chose to use that picture for a reason, I'm just hoping that it's a good reason.

• What time those the skybound walking dead panel start in the UK 7 or 8pm

• Should be 7:15pm.

donmike84 posted: »

What time those the skybound walking dead panel start in the UK 7 or 8pm

• when you wait for the panel to see what the future of walking dead is and they go "season 4 cancelled fam sorry, but this mobile game tho"

• Excactly. They also said they'd issue a statement in the coming weeks, and people ignore that part.

This community freaks out over everything. Telltale never said they would be absolutely posting an update by the end of last week, they were just hoping for it. Just keep waiting, and stay positive. Is that really so hard?

• Everything is overpriced on the Switch. £5 games on PS4/Xbox are £40 on Switch.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I read an article on Nintendo Life earlier today that Batman: The Enemy Within has just been released on the Switch e-store... For £39.99 What the hell?!

• well shit finally some hope. I mean I kind of expected that they would address TFS at the panel but it's pretty much confirmed at this point. It starts at 2:15pm EST, correct?

• Yep, that's right.

well shit finally some hope. I mean I kind of expected that they would address TFS at the panel but it's pretty much confirmed at this point. It starts at 2:15pm EST, correct?

• Alright sounds good. Thanks.

NexusFire posted: »

Yep, that's right.

• Was quite predictable that the partner TTG was talking about is Skybound.
    I think they're going to finish this, why building so much hype if they will just kill the game cancelling the rest of episodes?

• Where can I catch the stream ?

MrGraffio posted: »

tomorrow...

• is the season pass still for sale? if it was being cancelled it wouldn't be for sale right? I'm pretty confident right now. But still need them to confirm in order to calm my anxiety down.

• It came back to the stores but you can’t buy it yet

remorse667 posted: »

is the season pass still for sale? if it was being cancelled it wouldn't be for sale right? I'm pretty confident right now. But still need them to confirm in order to calm my anxiety down.

• We shall know soon.

• Could you just imagine Skybound not saying anything about TFS?

• Yes, but that would be just as bad as just confirming the cancelation.

Could you just imagine Skybound not saying anything about TFS?

• Thanks.

Here https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/nycc/live-stage-and-panel-schedule

• It would be even worse.

GSSalvador posted: »

Yes, but that would be just as bad as just confirming the cancelation.

• "Good to know"

Ghetsis posted: »

Everything is overpriced on the Switch. £5 games on PS4/Xbox are £40 on Switch.

So I came across this very interesting article. https://kotaku.com/telltale-is-looking-for-another-company-to-hire-its-sta-1829503254

• The article gives me a bit more hope. Seeing the OG devs come back to finish the season would be fantastic.

• “We’re currently still working to find a way to hand off production of episodes three and four so that the season can be completed,” a spokesperson for the company said at the time. That spokesperson has since also been laid off.

Good grief, this is like some kind of sick comedy. Just about EVERYONE is under fire, except the people at the very top.

As usual.

• I don't have this game but I am interested to see what the fate of the last two episodes will be and how the closing of TTG goes down.

• At least we'd know that TFS is in the hands of developers who care about it.

It just begs the question: Why not just keep those developers on board at Telltale along with the existing skeleton crew and save everyone a lot of nerves? I don't understand how handing off production and re-hiring developers elsewhere is financially sounder than just keeping them around for 2 extra months.

So I came across this very interesting article. https://kotaku.com/telltale-is-looking-for-another-company-to-hire-its-sta-1829503254

• Huh, I guess that could make Deck Nine a potential candidate then.

• Fuck

MichaelBP posted: »

Huh, I guess that could make Deck Nine a potential candidate then.

• Watch it be Dontnod that finishes it in the end ;^)

Fuck

• Picking off our OG telltale TWD staff, one person at a time.

• Deck Nine:

If anything, it might make me a bit more optimistic about whatever project they undertake next tbh.

bobshaw posted: »

Picking off our OG telltale TWD staff, one person at a time.

• Oh God no.

• Try to look on the bright side, they probably wouldn't have any input in the writing department at least! Unless they trash episode 4's script or something...

Oh God no.

• There was quite a bit of info in that article. While I am a bit skeptical since the sources we're anonymous, this is a pretty good sign. However, the author did raise concern that these people are not just going to sit around waiting to hear if they can come back to finish the game. They have families, rent, bills, etc. to pay, and this might be a temporary solution for these workers unless this company commits to hiring them immediately after.

• Good news! According to Kotaku the negotiations are taking longer because the new partner is seeking to hire the ex Telltale employees on a contract basis in order to finish the season. The employees would receive a paycheck from the new partner, not Telltale. And apparently episode 3 is at least 90% done and ready for a ratings review.

• edited October 2018

Kotaku posted an article discussing Telltale's ongoing negotiations with other developers to help close out The Final Season. Here is the link to the article: https://kotaku.com/telltale-is-looking-for-another-company-to-hire-its-sta-1829503254

Here are some segments from the article:

The deal is more nuanced than originally assumed, however, according to two people with knowledge of ongoing discussions, speaking anonymously because they were not authorized to talk about the negotiations. They characterized the deal taking shape as Telltale handing off the final two episodes to a separate company which would hire former Telltale employees on a contract basis to finish the game. It would be that company’s name on the paychecks, one said, and not, both claimed, a case of Telltale getting additional funds and spending it on development rather than paying severance to recently laid off employees.

Those two people also said that episode three of The Walking Dead’s final season is essentially finished. In fact, they said, it was scheduled for a ratings review, which traditionally happens in the final stages of a game’s development prior to being sent for platform certification and to the Entertainment Software Rating Board, on the very day the mass layoffs occurred. All it still needed was a couple weeks of polish.

Episode four was also on its way, those people said, with a first round of voice work for the main characters already recorded and a first review of a playable version planned for sometime around the end of September. “The script was strong and the whole team was excited about how we were finishing out Clem’s story,” one former developer told Kotaku. Episode three was originally planned to release on November 16, and episode four on December 18.

As for who exactly might return to finish the series, one former developer told Kotaku it would ideally be the entire original team but could also be as few as would be absolutely required to get the remaining episodes out the door. As negotiations drag on, however, it’s unclear who will still be available as ex-employees race to find new jobs

EDIT: I just noticed that @LordCthulhu-13 already shared the article to this discussion so credit to them :smile:

• That definitely fits in line with other info that's been given, which does give the rest of the article some credibility. As fans, we really don't have to worry about the quality of Episode 3 that much, it's Episode 4 we need to be concerned about.

Good news! According to Kotaku the negotiations are taking longer because the new partner is seeking to hire the ex Telltale employees on a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.