Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• edited October 2018

I’m relatively 90% confident the last two episodes will be made, it seems like a deal has been all but confirmed. Then again, the last time he thought a deal had been reached didn’t work out, so I’ll wait for an official confirmation.

bloop posted: »

From this article: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/telltale-games-robert-kirkman-1202969797/

• edited October 2018

Do you know how long business deals can be? Talking to multiple partners and figuring out what doesn't get resolved in the matter of a few phone calls. It's not like doing your a friend a small favor. These things involve legalities and contracts and most importantly, time.

You guys have literally no patience. Like seriously grow up.

Chibikid posted: »

But it doesn't look like another company will be finishing it either.

• edited October 2018

I understood all of that before posting. A two-month contract is not good news for the workers. It's very good news for us and the new partner. Everybody wants stability, but it is better than nothing. If I was in that situation, I rather move on and get a stable job no matter how much I loved making the game. Also, if a lot of bad memories were tied to something, then it was always better for me to move on to other things that brought me more happiness. I know I'm not the only person that behaved that way.

They would be working at a different company, different work conditions so it's most likely going to be better for them working there than a

• Make another statement in the coming days? Hmm...Wonder if thats the official announcement or where things currently sit.

bloop posted: »

From this article: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/telltale-games-robert-kirkman-1202969797/

• I'm sure some of the laid off employees won't come back, I'm sure they feel a certain way with Telltale and don't want to help finish TFS, completely understandable. But I think most laid off employees will come back since they are getting paid to finish TFS and after they do, they can go on and work at a different company if they please and most likely be in a better workplace than they were with telltale. It'll help them for a while at least. It just sounds good to me but I can see where you're coming from.

I understood all of that before posting. A two-month contract is not good news for the workers. It's very good news for us and the new pa

• Lets hope that someone is willing to finish Twd.
    It would have been better if they had not made so many games at the same time. Or if they had a wider advertising (not just the internet) they could had more costumers and saved more money for twd.
    Maybe they thought a variation of games would bring them a big sale.

• edited October 2018

Shut up. If Telltale didn't make Minecraft, they would have gone bankrupt a lot earlier. Season 1 was the second game that gave them enough profits.

And this game is good, so stop putting the blame on Minecraft, because thanks to him there would be no The Final Season and previous games.

GBDillon posted: »

So Telltale has laid off its skeleton crew. Such a sad end to a great company. Fucking Minecraft.

• TFS will most likely be finished by another company and Former staff from TT

Linkyop posted: »

Shut up. If Telltale didn't make Minecraft, they would have gone bankrupt a lot earlier. Season 1 was the second game that gave them enough

• Finally, someone reasonable.

What sort of inept and out of touch manager at telltale chose to backseat popular and successful series like the wolf among us for minecraft

• Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my eyes... and my heart... even my fingers. The studio we've lost... a TWAU game we've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

• Telltale send us to hell be we are going even deeper...

AronDracula posted: »

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my eyes... and my heart... even my fingers. The studio we've lost... a TWAU g

• There's a new article from Kotaku that confirms that Pete Hawley will put out a statement on friday(today) or on monday. Maybe we'll talk about TFS, too.

Reached for comment, Telltale CEO Pete Hawley said via email that an official statement on the cuts would be coming on Friday or as late as Monday, and that Telltale was continuing to work to “do a deal on [The Walking Dead].” In a previous Kotaku report, two sources had said that Telltale is working to put together a deal that would see an outside company enlist laid-off Telltale developers to complete the last two episodes of the game.

https://kotaku.com/more-telltale-employees-laid-off-as-studio-continues-it-1829536830/

• i dont think they will talk about TFS,but hope for the best.

GSSalvador posted: »

There's a new article from Kotaku that confirms that Pete Hawley will put out a statement on friday(today) or on monday. Maybe we'll talk ab

• I think they will, I mean their latest statement was about TFS, and they said they hoped to update us as soon as possible.

LeeFox25 posted: »

i dont think they will talk about TFS,but hope for the best.

• I'm still blaming the shit out of A New Frontier which was the point everyone started losing their interest on Telltale.

• edited October 2018

It already started after TWDS2/TWAU, reached a new high, or in this case low, thanks to Batman due to its horrible performance on consoles but it definetly peaked at ANF for being just terrible. After that, no one really cared again.

I'm still blaming the shit out of A New Frontier which was the point everyone started losing their interest on Telltale.

• No, I think it started right after finishing Tales from the Borderlands which was the real last successful Telltale game.

It already started after TWDS2/TWAU, reached a new high, or in this case low, thanks to Batman due to its horrible performance on consoles but it definetly peaked at ANF for being just terrible. After that, no one really cared again.

• I don't blame it for all of Telltale's fall. But I blame it for sidetracking the Walking Dead. Season 2 had a ton of problems of its own, so what the third season needed to be was a confirmation that Telltale could carry on Clementine's story faithfully. Instead they just put her on the bench, while they experimented with all the wrong things.

I'm still blaming the shit out of A New Frontier which was the point everyone started losing their interest on Telltale.

• edited October 2018

I very much doubt that. I'm pretty sure it wasn't one singular moment where everyone suddenly lost interest in their games. It was a constant trend that showed that each game sold less and less than the last one.

Sure, Tales from the Borderlands was the last critical darling of the big review sites, but it already sold pretty poor compared to The Walking Dead S1 to the point where it was internally seen as a failure. Even GoT, which was received pretty mixed by critics and players alike, sold better than Borderlands. Though, Borderlands eventually surpassed GoT over time due to the the much better reception of the game.

Minecraft: Story Mode may be the only game after TWDS1 to make a profit, but it did definetly hurt the reputation of Telltale in the long run. Michonne didn't help either. Batman looked like it could turn the ship around, but it failed spectacularly due to the horrid performance.

ANF was definetly one of the last straws. Moving the focus away from Clementine to a new character and the laughably short first episode(s) had desastrous concequences for the reputation. Minecraft: Story Mode S2 made it even worse.

They tried to fix their public reputation with Batman: The Enemy Within and especially The Walking Dead: The Final Season, but it was already years to late.

ANF didn't kill the company by itself. It was slowly dying well before that but the higher-ups and Kevin Bruner rather let it bleed out than to try and fix it from the get go.

No, I think it started right after finishing Tales from the Borderlands which was the real last successful Telltale game.

• I think the initial problem was that they ostracised the team who made the original WD, so they had to have a different team for each game in the series, further distancing each game and the consequences they were supposed to be creating for the successive season. The other fact was that they didn’t use the success of WD to make original IPs they could popularise.

• to be honest i liked ANF but it really shouldn't have been considered Season 3. It almost had nothing to do with Clem and most of her changes were off screen and we didn't get to see them, she was just..there. im sure the devs saw this too and just started adding these random lines like "oh i knew a guy named Lee". A terrible follow up from season 2, if you can even call it that, but not a bad game imo.

I very much doubt that. I'm pretty sure it wasn't one singular moment where everyone suddenly lost interest in their games. It was a constan

• Minecraft was literally the 2nd most profitable Telltale game ever. If anything, Minecraft probably SAVED Telltale for a little bit.
    Minecraft SM was fun. Played like a good Saturday morning cartoon. Wasn't great, but all the hate on the series is undeserved.

GBDillon posted: »

What sort of inept and out of touch manager at telltale chose to backseat popular and successful series like the wolf among us for minecraft

• Telltale had hoped to have a firm announcement last Friday regarding TFS and here we are another Friday with complete silence from Telltale. That isn't exactly a good sign of positive business negotiations occurring.

As I've said before, I'm not sure how successful telltale can be in finding another company to complete TFS or rehire TFS crew to complete it for 2 episodes.

And if the reports are true that telltale is hoping another studio rehires TFS crew, I have less hope in that happening since the employees can't just sit around unemployed for an undetermined amount of time while telltale may/may not be able to get them a temporary job.

I'm not saying I expected something a day after the announcement or that these things do take time, but realistically looking at the situation, I really don't see anyone picking up a half finished game from a dead company just to finish 2 episodes.

Do you know how long business deals can be? Talking to multiple partners and figuring out what doesn't get resolved in the matter of a few

• Can we be honest it wasnt a game that caused TT to go out of business it was the fact they never changed the games they made or changed the engine. Everygame was the same with same janky animations.

• The game itself wasn't bad but we never asked for it. The only reason it existed was for Telltale to make money, a cash grab. Just because Minecraft was a game without a story and characters, doesn't mean it deserved one and I don't care if it's one of the best selling games of all time. What's next? Tetris: Story Mode?

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Minecraft was literally the 2nd most profitable Telltale game ever. If anything, Minecraft probably SAVED Telltale for a little bit. Minecr

• Get over it ..it made them money and walking dead season 2 3 and 4 didnt.

The game itself wasn't bad but we never asked for it. The only reason it existed was for Telltale to make money, a cash grab. Just because M

• Thinking about it: it WAS a cash grab and that was probably the thing Telltale needed the most at that time.

The game itself wasn't bad but we never asked for it. The only reason it existed was for Telltale to make money, a cash grab. Just because M

• So what? Are you saying that Call of Duty WW2 was the best game of 2017?

Get over it ..it made them money and walking dead season 2 3 and 4 didnt.

• No fortnite was bro

So what? Are you saying that Call of Duty WW2 was the best game of 2017?

• Fortnite was early access until 2018. Doesn't count.

No fortnite was bro

No fortnite was bro

• edited October 2018

Can you just take a breathe and use your fucking mind? You're making a lot of arguments that don't make sense at all. TWAU and TFTBL were beloved by fans and no one cared if they had the same gameplay as TWD Season 1. It doesn't matter if they sold poorly, they still got great reviews, no wonder fans have been asking Telltale to make TWAU Season 2 for years. Telltale has been making point-and-click adventure games since 2005, the only times they changed the formula was when they released TWD Season 1 which was the first TTG to have impactful choices and when they released TFS which had 3D combat system.

Can we be honest it wasnt a game that caused TT to go out of business it was the fact they never changed the games they made or changed the engine. Everygame was the same with same janky animations.

• TFS kinda proved that they should've changed things up much sooner.

I hear a lot about the Telltale-fatigue from a lot of people and they do have a point. There were still beloved games, like Borderlands, but they were beloved DESPITE using the same formula and engine, not because of it.

Just imagine how great Borderlands would've become if it was made in the veins of TFS. The possibilities...

Can you just take a breathe and use your fucking mind? You're making a lot of arguments that don't make sense at all. TWAU and TFTBL were be

• Their games were(are) indeed jank.
    Or at least TWDG is, anyway.

Can we be honest it wasnt a game that caused TT to go out of business it was the fact they never changed the games they made or changed the engine. Everygame was the same with same janky animations.

• And look at where we're at with the final season and what state the company is in now.

Linkyop posted: »

Shut up. If Telltale didn't make Minecraft, they would have gone bankrupt a lot earlier. Season 1 was the second game that gave them enough

• "Forces you to side with Kenny"
    There is literally an option in the game to kill him.

So was minecraft,both batman games game of thrones as well. Telltale was a one trick pony with season 1 of WD season 2 is a mess the writing forces you to side with Kenny and choices never mattered in the games.

• Well over half of the player base either ended up with Jane or alone so I really doubt that the players were forced into anything ?

So was minecraft,both batman games game of thrones as well. Telltale was a one trick pony with season 1 of WD season 2 is a mess the writing forces you to side with Kenny and choices never mattered in the games.

• Plus he also dies if you stay with him in the Wellington ending.

"Forces you to side with Kenny" There is literally an option in the game to kill him.

• Fortnite is still in early access, but it might leave that soon.

Fortnite was early access until 2018. Doesn't count.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.