Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• No, it's not. Worst case would be if we got literally no news or news that TFS is cancelled. In reality Telltale has said multiple partners approached them to help finish the game, sources say that ex staff are being approached to finish the season on a contractual basis, and Skybound/Kirkman seem confident that the episodes will be released.

It is far, FAR from the worst case scenario. In fact, it is about the closest we can get to the best case scenario short of episodes 3 and 4 being flat out confirmed without a shadow of a doubt.

NexusFire posted: »

This is literally the worst case scenario..

• I will build a church to him if he manages to pull this off, and I will pray at the alter and denounce the heretic that is Kevin Bruner.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I said yesterday if this gets pulled off, it'll be the most spectacular magic trick seen in the last decade. At this point, if Hawley manages to salvage this, I'll be convinced he's Jesus.

• There is still hope

No, it's not. Worst case would be if we got literally no news or news that TFS is cancelled. In reality Telltale has said multiple partners

• so TT is dying,but we can still get TFS... "amazing".

• I don't think people are surprised that they were eventually fired, but I guess some kind of thought they would be on a bit longer than a couple of weeks and some were even hoping that, with 25 people remaining, something could be salvaged and Telltale could rise from the ashes.

Was it really a surprise to anyone that the last 25 employees were fired? It was only a matter of time... I still have hope for TFS being finished by someone but TT is dead and TFS will not only be Clementine's swansong but also Telltale's.

• We sure as hell won't get ep 3 and 4 this year. They will be delayed, no doubt.

• I still think there's a chance Episode 3 can come out this year considering it's almost done. Episode 4 will take quite a bit of time.

AronDracula posted: »

We sure as hell won't get ep 3 and 4 this year. They will be delayed, no doubt.

• and that's only if someone will Try to finish tfs

I still think there's a chance Episode 3 can come out this year considering it's almost done. Episode 4 will take quite a bit of time.

• edited October 2018

True but Telltale still didn't find another company to finish their game. I hope Bluepoint Games get to do that.

I still think there's a chance Episode 3 can come out this year considering it's almost done. Episode 4 will take quite a bit of time.

• 4 you're probably right. 3 can maybe still make it.

• Silver lining: I don't have to cancel Christmas now

• Kirk you deserved that reaction you sick person ;_;

• so TFS can be saved,but TT will die anyway

• Considering that news about how it seems the other company interested in finishing the game is trying to get the former staff back too and that being why its taking a while I do have higher hopes, I wasnt really expecting anything today, just wishful thinking. However Kirkman does kinda hint in that video that "He might have said to much" after saying he isnt worried about finishing the story through a comic book, seems to me he thinks that they will end up finishing the game with a different company.

I guess time will tell, hopefully we get an update soon, but that whole thing the other day about why the deal is taking a while to me seems like the chances of the game finishing is pretty good.

(Also I really hope they take Wolf S2 and Vertigo/DC/Warner agrees to let this new company take over on that project. I mean hell they could probably just continue what was made of the game already considering it used Unity and not the Telltale tool. But Wolf 2 is kinda a pipe dream now RIP)

• Just because something hasn't been officially announced yet does not mean that they aren't in talks with someone to get it done. It could just mean that they and the unnamed company are still hashing out the necessary details before they officially sign a contract.

True but Telltale still didn't find another company to finish their game. I hope Bluepoint Games get to do that.

• edited October 2018

Telltale is finished but there legacy will live forever also I'm still treating the final 2 episodes as delayed

• This pretty much sums it up. Everyone needs to keep in mind that Kirkman 100% knows what's going on, after all it's his property. Saying he had said too much was lowkey a way of telling us that the game is most likely safe. And he brought up finishing it as a comic book, so even if the game doesn't get complete, we will likely get a solid conclusion to the story, just maybe not in the format we had hoped for.

Poogers555 posted: »

Considering that news about how it seems the other company interested in finishing the game is trying to get the former staff back too and t

• The only game that gets bad news is The Wolf Among Us Season 2 because Telltale said nothing about reviving it as well, so it's totally cancelled, sadly. Netflix still wants a Stranger Things game to happen but it won't be by Telltale anymore. Game of Thrones Season 2 definitely won't happen because before the incident, it was rumored to be either cancelled or just put on hold until the show was finished, but we now know for sure it vanished forever. The Walking Dead game franchise itself is also done as well, Telltale said they wanted to make more TWD games after Clementine's conclusion but looks like their last game is definitely The Final Season.

I don't care for them anymore. All I want from Telltale now is to have TFS finished. Clementine made them popular and they should end their career by finishing the story of the character that helped them win a lot of rewards.

• I would agree... but having TWAUS2 be made by another studio would be great :)

If and when we get the final 2 episodes, it will be the most bittersweet and well deserved playthroughs of my entire career as a Telltale fan

• As much as I don't care for Minecraft, maybe the team finished it already?

LeeFox25 posted: »

well now even minecraft wont be finished,The only thing we can hope for is that another Company will hire ex TT Staff to finish TFS

• welp,every story got to end sometimes,Now its TT's Turn to shut down i guess...

• Shouldn't we be denouncing that heretic anyways??

I will build a church to him if he manages to pull this off, and I will pray at the alter and denounce the heretic that is Kevin Bruner.

• Mate,I really Doubt that the team did anything.

HazzatheMan posted: »

As much as I don't care for Minecraft, maybe the team finished it already?

• I don't know what to think anymore...

• Just an idea what if they or who ever gets the final season IP should cancel episode 4 and integrate it to episode 3 and have it as twice as long that way we get the final episode and get to say good bye to clemintine story

• Don't give up yet dude, they still have yet to announce what will become of the cancelled projects (I hope)

Poogers555 posted: »

Considering that news about how it seems the other company interested in finishing the game is trying to get the former staff back too and t

• 2 weeks man. SOMETHING must've been done.

LeeFox25 posted: »

Mate,I really Doubt that the team did anything.

• So Telltale has laid off its skeleton crew. Such a sad end to a great company.

Fucking Minecraft.

• yea TT Died in those 2 weeks,something happened
    and MAYBE another Company will finish TFS

2 weeks man. SOMETHING must've been done.

• edited October 2018

I guess the moderators will be out off a job and they don't even get paid and yeah fuck Minecraft

GBDillon posted: »

So Telltale has laid off its skeleton crew. Such a sad end to a great company. Fucking Minecraft.

• Kevin Bruner, you will always be one of the worst people in gaming industry. Fuck you for wasting your ass time on projects nobody asked for.

• Good point

Shouldn't we be denouncing that heretic anyways??

• What sort of inept and out of touch manager at telltale chose to backseat popular and successful series like the wolf among us for minecraft though. Fucking minecraft. They tried to make a story mode out of a game with no characters. Minecraft Steve isnt even a character, its a fucking skin. What else did they discuss? Making a story mode for fucking grass simulator? OH YEAH TELLTALE I'D LOVE TO KNOW THE LIFE STORY OF A BLADE OF GRASS.

Talented former Telltale employees have been well and truely shafted.

donmike84 posted: »

I guess the moderators will be out off a job and they don't even get paid and yeah fuck Minecraft

• Basically then: 1. Telltale is still not officially closed, though their staff are almost totally nonexistant. 2. Telltale is still working on a deal for TFS, Kirkman is optimistic that it will be finished, and discussions are taking so long because they are trying to get the original devs back... on another note Minecraft conversion may, or may not, be complete.

Soo, Telltale's situation is still looking just as dire but on the game front things are looking up, and it seems like they are trying to do things right. We're still really just waiting on word from Pete though...

• Minecraft was a shit idea...

• Something has been done though. They've shafted the rest of their workers.

2 weeks man. SOMETHING must've been done.

• You sir are a fucking hero!

GBDillon posted: »

What sort of inept and out of touch manager at telltale chose to backseat popular and successful series like the wolf among us for minecraft

• 2 weeks later:
    All Workers have been fired.
    TT Died
    TT are looking for another company to finish TFS
    The CEO is not worried about anything
    Nothing changed much till now
    None of the Companys wants to finish TFS (From what we know)

• I have a feeling that this all began when The Walking Dead A New Frontier premiered in 2016, that's the point where Telltale started losing its mojo.

• True,ANF was kinda shit...

I have a feeling that this all began when The Walking Dead A New Frontier premiered in 2016, that's the point where Telltale started losing its mojo.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.