Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• The subreddit welcomes you! The format is a bit different than here but there are tons of discussions and memes to be had

I have a serious question: when this website is no longer available, where will the discussions continue? Reddit?

• edited December 2018

Thank you! I’ve made a reddit account ever since I’ve heard of Telltale’s closure. It really is a cool place to chill. I was just wondering if there were any other platforms.

The subreddit welcomes you! The format is a bit different than here but there are tons of discussions and memes to be had

• I kinda wished this site would at least last until maybe a week after episode 4. Doesn’t feel right that this site is just going down when TFS hasn’t even finished yet...

• Tomorrow or Friday for the trailer? Take your bets

• I’m not as excited if it turns out Ep3 will come out next year

gta3demon posted: »

Tomorrow or Friday for the trailer? Take your bets

• Tomorrow would make the most sense, given that The Game Awards could bring back general public interest in TFS

Tomorrow or Friday for the trailer? Take your bets

• At worst its going to be mid January.

I’m not as excited if it turns out Ep3 will come out next year

• Could just be me, but seasons 1-3, michonne, and the collection are for sale on PSN again. I’m on east coast.

• January is my birthday month, so it'll be just as fine as Christmas for me if it were to come out next month. Even better in fact, knowing I'd have KH3, LiS Ep 2, RE2 and TFS Ep 3 in the same month. Followed up with the DBS: Broly movie and Glass and that would be the best fucking birthday month I've ever friggin had by a wide ass margin.

So I'd be fine with the release date being January. All I'm concerned about at the moment is seeing something new with Clementine. Even a 15 second teaser would do. All I need is something to reinvigorate me for the month because Lord knows how challenging the Autumn season has been for me (in an already bad year), and not just with this whole Telltale thing and I'm absolutely exhausted as a result. Damn near defeated. Probably why he's setting me up to have a fantastic winter season as reconciliation.

• So I just got an update for TFS (12 MB)

• I bet its changing the dates/adding the new ones

So I just got an update for TFS (12 MB)

• If thats true then we finally know the release dates!

I bet its changing the dates/adding the new ones

• Could you tell what it is?

So I just got an update for TFS (12 MB)

• From what I can tell nothing's changed. Dates are still the same.

Could you tell what it is?

• Shit. Maybe the update changed the publisher from Telltale to skybound? I don't know..

From what I can tell nothing's changed. Dates are still the same.

• TFS back on sale on XBL, PSN, and Switch.

Nothing yet for Steam

• Anyone know when the The Game Awards start?

• 5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST
    link:

BigBadPaul posted: »

Anyone know when the The Game Awards start?

• Why do people think they will debut the return of TFS at the game awards? Has skybound/telltale ever done something like this? Wouldn't that just make their trailer get lost in the shuffle?

I'm still thinking tomorrow is the best bet. If it was going to be today it would have been earlier in the day like it was for the battle royale game.

• 1:30 in the morning for me.

5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST link:

• 1.30am UK time so 8.30pm eastern time

Anyone know when the The Game Awards start?

• I believe Telltale showcased a trailer for A New Frontier during The Game Awards 2016. Episodes 1 and 2 were subsequently released a week later.

Why do people think they will debut the return of TFS at the game awards? Has skybound/telltale ever done something like this? Wouldn't that

• I just hope it'll be worth it for me (especially with the rumours of Metroid Prime 4, Crash Team Racing Remake, etc.) unlike when I stayed up very late for the Final Fantasy XV 2nd Anniversary stream, which was more like a funeral for the game lmao. ?

1:30 in the morning for me.

• Man, I don't know if I have it in me to watch the Game Awards tonight. I got crap to do, but, hopefully we'll get a release date and trailer. I don't think I'll watch the trailer. Didn't watch Episode 2's, worked out great.

• I gotta go to work at 6 tomorrow.
    If I had to wait until 1:30 and be disappointed...

MichaelBP posted: »

I just hope it'll be worth it for me (especially with the rumours of Metroid Prime 4, Crash Team Racing Remake, etc.) unlike when I stayed u

• Because they think that'd be the loudest way for it to be announced.

Why do people think they will debut the return of TFS at the game awards? Has skybound/telltale ever done something like this? Wouldn't that

• Oh, that's tonight? Huh.

Man, I don't know if I have it in me to watch the Game Awards tonight. I got crap to do, but, hopefully we'll get a release date and trailer. I don't think I'll watch the trailer. Didn't watch Episode 2's, worked out great.

• edited December 2018

Has skybound/telltale ever done something like this?

They announced many of their games on the game awards. Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier.

Wouldn't that just make their trailer get lost in the shuffle?

Quite the opposite, actually. A lot of people are watching the awards and showing it there will most definetly give them the biggest initial exposure possible. There are people out there that still think the game is dead. Showing a trailer on such a big stage is the way to go.

BUT. I wouldn't expect a real trailer for episode 3, because they probably don't want to spoil episode 2, since a lot of people probably haven't played that episode yet, because they weren't sure wether or not the game will be continued. It'll probably be a rather small teaser/trailer with the sole purpose of saying, "hey, we're alive!".

• Don't forget Tales! It was revealed at the VGA and underperformed too ....cries in a corner

Poogers555 posted: »

therell be walking dead trailer at the game Awards because last time a Telltale game was shown at the game awards that game sold like crazy amirit??

• There's two possibilities right now.

1. We get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out in January
    2. We don't get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out this month

This is based off Ian Howe's comment where he says "some of this is true" in response to someone saying we are getting the trailer this week and the episode is coming out this month.

• We get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out in January

We don't get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out this month

There's two possibilities right now. * We get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out in January * We don't get the trail

• edited December 2018

What I think is going to happen: Option #1

What I'm hoping for: Option #2

While very little work still needed to be done on the episode, to my knowledge, it hasn't been rated yet by Australia or New Zealand, so that makes me think it won't be released until January and they're just going to show something off tonight to generate news and awareness. But that raises the question of what they could show off that isn't a trailer (because Skybound hinted there would be 2 trailers for this week, and one was for a different game) at the Game Awards, which makes the possibility of Option 2 slightly bigger.

EDIT: Don't click on 1 and 2, I didn't do that, the website automatically did it.

There's two possibilities right now. * We get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out in January * We don't get the trail

• Pretty accurate representation of me right now.

We get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out in January We don't get the trailer today or tomorrow and the game comes out this month

• edited December 2018

I'm pretty doubtful that we will see anything during the game awards. When Telltale premiered stuff there in the past they always hyped us up and let us know that we should be watching. I'm more confident with seeing something next week and then the episode releasing a week or two later. I guess anything could happen though.

What I think is going to happen: Option #1 What I'm hoping for: Option #2 While very little work still needed to be done on the episod

• What we know for sure is that later today or tomorrow, we will get something.

• Well we survived months we can survive couple more weeks....can we ??

• Ian Howe seems to be teasing a trailer this week. Fingers crossed.

• Only thing that sucks about that is no release in December. But at least we’re getting something

• The real question is will this forum survive enough till ep 3 even comes out....it's dying by the minute.

Only thing that sucks about that is no release in December. But at least we’re getting something

Sign in to comment in this discussion.