The Final Season barely feels like a Walking Dead game

Comments

• So,i'm reviving this thread one last time because i played EP4 yesterday and what did i think ?

Well,episode 4 was full of fucking plot holes but i think overall it was better than EP3 i'd say it was ok but for the last episode thats pretty disappointing

Things that bothered me/pissed me off :

The whole Clem fake out death thing was just ridiculous and made no sense at all,it would've been better if Clem was determinant i love how Kent and Ian just kept hinting at it only to force a fairy-tale Disney happy ending on everyone "the most die-hard fans will love the ending!" my ass.

I don't think there were any mentions of characters from previous seasons,all i got in my game was Clem talking about her treehouse. I love how they had the time and budget to put Eddie in the game as some joke but no time at all for Kenny's hat or just small references that would make everyone happy yeah good fucking job.

Also due to the writers destroying their entire plot/narrative in EP3,EP4 just feels weird,the goal is to go home you just walk when you get to the bridge everything is happening too fast the ranch flashback is random and really confusing,the atmosphere was nice but thats about it 3 episodes of build up for a whole load of fucking nothing and Clem's explanation for not going back to Richmond sucked.

And i didn't like how they ended the episode,playing as AJ and walking through that "Still not bitten" hall with all the people who worked on it was just weird with the big ass Skybound logo,you put your collectibles in your room Clem is not even there and you put her hat on the table "thank you for playing !" thats it lmao wtf man.

So yeah i turned off my brain and enjoyed this episode,all in all this season started off great and went off the rails but ended on a pretty good note im glad they finished the game.

• Good analysis.

iFoRias posted: »

So,i'm reviving this thread one last time because i played EP4 yesterday and what did i think ? Well,episode 4 was full of fucking plot h

• title of this thread is still accurate.

• So here's an interesting question: If you can at least agree with the title at a generalized level, would you say that's a bad thing or not?

• Every season has been very different. Following the first, season 2 was really dark and mean-spirited. Season 3 reflects the world-changing switch that happened in the comics when it was revealed that there were a load of working communities. And so, actually, the comics went through so many changes too. I don’t think anyone can say it doesn’t feel like the Walking Dead because that means so many things.

If he means it doesn’t feel like the first season, then I agree - it’s miles away from it. We pretty much all love the first season but I’m very glad that they didn’t just repeat that. I’m glad each season has been different. And yeah, I think it’s a really good thing that the Final Season feels different.

To me, the Final Season is like the anti-season 2. Where that was downright mean, the Final Season is much more optimistic. It has some nasty parts, those aren’t entirely missing. But much more than any other Walking Dead story, things go right for people. The kids don’t all turn out to be crazy and kill each other. Most of them are actually pretty nice. So yeah, that’s a difference but I think it’s a good thing. I like that the vibe is different. Firstly because it means the season has something to offer rather than trying to remake a previous season. But mostly because I feel the world is a darker place than it was back when season 1 came out and sometimes when things are like that we want to see nice things happen to nice people. Yeah, even in the Walking Dead.

DabigRG posted: »

So here's an interesting question: If you can at least agree with the title at a generalized level, would you say that's a bad thing or not?

• Michael had this really cool concept art where he could have been a really coll villain that gave the player chills if he were like Carver or Randall, but no he's just another raider that dies.

Say, if you're still around, mind sharing this?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I agree with almost everything said here. TFS does not feel like a TWD game at all. It's tone and focus is completly different to the previo

• edited April 2019

Something I just wanted to kinda add to this was how I now have an example for something I was saying earlier.

A big issue for me was for a "series finale" episode 4 and the season as a whole, does not feel like it satisfy or rewards players for sticking all the way to end of the series after 7 years. It simply feels like just another ending to another season, not the end of the entire thing, at no point does it really feel like "fuck yeah Im glad that paid off and Im glad I was playing this series for the last 7 years."

After recently seeing Endgame I kinda thought about Final Season again. Endgame is the end of 11 years of that universe, and the whole time everything that happens feels like so much weight and is so satisfying to see because it actually makes the audience feel rewarded for sticking with the series for so long. And just after seeing that, it reminded me about how Final Season didnt really try at all with rewarding players for staying with them for so long. (and no its not because Endgame has a giant as fuck budget and final season didnt, Endgame has a ton of small callbacks that really enhance the experience, which like many people kept saying, Final Season really needed those small things to actually feel like this was "your unique story" instead of "everyone gets the exact same shit word for word.")

• I need to go see that.

But that's a good point, to say it's easy to overlook.

Poogers555 posted: »

Something I just wanted to kinda add to this was how I now have an example for something I was saying earlier. A big issue for me was for

• edited April 2019

Okay, I have to admit I only quickly scanned your post because I haven’t seen Endgame yet and I’m terrified of spoilers. But I think I get the point and, yeah, I can understand it. But relating to the thread title, I’d make the case that what you’re looking for really isn’t The Walking Dead. It’s not that type of thing. I don’t think you’ll see what you’re looking for when the show ends either or if the comic ever ends.

Life moves on in this world and people die or get lost along the way and it’s a pretty linear journey. What I mean by that is that it’s not some big story that comes together at the end paying off all these strands any more than life is. That’s what The Walking Dead has always been - people just try to continue living. That’s the end we got and, if anything, I think that makes it very true to what this is even though I do understand what you feel was missing.

Something I just wanted to kinda add to this was how I now have an example for something I was saying earlier. A big issue for me was for

• edited April 2019

It’s a bit unfair to be making comparisons between a 22 movie saga major blockbuster, from possibly the most famous and wealthiest film making company in the world, and a 4 game series from a dead company, don’tcha think?

• But small callbacks won't truly satisfy that. Despite not being a fan of the end to TFS, mainly because no choice matters, as well as execution and plot holes, that end does seem like a fitting end to this Game Series. I suppose an annoying thing is that the people who she ends with are not 'cool' enough, to put it simply, actually it sometimes feels like AJ and Clem are insanely better than all these nobodies, and they're pretending that they care deeply about them. It just doesn't fit to me. Look at TWD's comic or TV Cast. If the series ended with the main survivors we have there, it would seem like everything is earned and feels right. It's a miracle that the rescue mission worked out so well, so it feels very odd that there are so many inexperienced, comical and lighthearted kids who seem to live great lives. Again, the problem isn't that they're kids, and it needs to be fleshed out more.
    TL,DR: the ending cast doesn't seem right for this long journey.

• The comic cast and TV cast and previous game cast consistently get themselves and each other killed. I don’t feel this season needed ‘cool’. It needed safe and easygoing.

Ghetsis posted: »

But small callbacks won't truly satisfy that. Despite not being a fan of the end to TFS, mainly because no choice matters, as well as execut

• Its really not. No spoilers for end game here, but can you imagine how disappointing you'd feel if Endgame just ignored everything that came before it? Because thats what Final Season does, it ignores a ton of what happened in the past 3 seasons, while Endgame made sure to put in small details and callbacks to actually make the viewer go "oh shit I remember that being said in the other movie!" so you actually feel rewarded for staying with the series for so long. Final Season didnt care about wrapping up a series as a whole and making it feel like it all mattered, which was disappointing.

Also its not hard to write in callbacks to your series, one of the worst parts of Final Season is how many times you can clearly see how they can relate something from past seasons into this one but dont for some reason. Its a perfectly fine comparison because Endgame and the MCU is thriving because they actually know what fans want to see, while Telltale died because they clearly had no understanding of what people wanted from them.

Melton23 posted: »

It’s a bit unfair to be making comparisons between a 22 movie saga major blockbuster, from possibly the most famous and wealthiest film making company in the world, and a 4 game series from a dead company, don’tcha think?

• Also the Final Season was nowhere near as funny as Airplane. And before you tell me Airplane was a one-off, TFS wasn’t as funny as Naked Gun either. Imagine if Naked Gun wasn’t funny? Well that’s TFS.

Honestly, you’re not comparing like with like here. Marvel superheroes is a whole different thing to Walking Dead.

• My post doesnt spoil anything so dont worry about me spoiling Endgame for you, but I was saying how in that movie as Im sure youre already expecting, it gives pay off for sticking with the franchise for so long.

I was saying Final Season missed the mark with this because there are so many moments in Final Season that they could easily do callbacks and even pay offs to things in the past seasons so you can go "that thing said in the past season finally happened in this game!" type of thing, but you dont get anything like that because each season basically reboots the franchise and ignores the last season, which is such a terrible way to treat a serialized franchise, which is honestly probably why people stopped playing.

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Okay, I have to admit I only quickly scanned your post because I haven’t seen Endgame yet and I’m terrified of spoilers. But I think I get t

• I’ve seen the movie now (but yeah let’s keep things spoiler free). But I just disagree. They’re not similar enough to compare for many reasons. One is that superheroes are nowhere near as grounded as Walking Dead, in which people act more like real people. Another is that most characters who have been in Walking Dead are dead. They now play no role in current events. And nobody was scheming over all that time, nobody was really connected to anyone else during it and there was nothing to build. And nor should there be. Life doesn’t work that way for normal people and Walking Dead is a much more grounded world.

You don’t go around regularly referencing things that happened to you five years ago, I’m betting. You won’t knowingly quote people who died three years ago. And they won’t all come back to life to reassure you. That’s was it would be like in the world of Walking Dead. It’s really too far from the Marvel universe to make that comparison.

My post doesnt spoil anything so dont worry about me spoiling Endgame for you, but I was saying how in that movie as Im sure youre already e

• It’d be disappointing because endgame actually had the ability to give us nice little callbacks to previous titles, we’re lucky that the final season even got a Lee cameo after everything that was going on bts. One studio was completely organised and had a strong fan base who lived their movies, and another got fucked over by it’s CEO, lost a good chunk of its fan base, half of its employees and then shut down completely.

Kent Mudle even told us that there was an intent to have the season end with multiple endings, to have more areas to be exploratory in the school, weapon crafting and customisation, but none of it made the cut due to the amount of cash they had left. There was nothing much they could have done to reference older games other than the line of dialogue they could have had, and they did, they brought Lilly and Lee back, and even though some people think Lilly was wasted, there was nothing much they could have done with her in terms of how she is sent off as well as her role in TFS, we got references to S3 (Richmond, Javier and Gabe) despite the devs trying to move as far way from it as possible, we still got the odd reference, there’s even a salt lick callback in episode 3, as well as Clem’s supposed death scene mirroring that of Lee’s

Similarly to how Black Widow’s mirror Gamora, minus the happy ending

Tbf we’re lucky we even got the amount of references that we did, and there were a good few of them in there, including references to Rebecca and Alvin dying, Louis singing oh my darling Clementine (which I believe the community would talk on occasion before TFS to my memory) so we’re even getting references to the TT community itself right there. In all honesty, this game is just jam packed with references, you just need to keep your eye out for them. But if you’re lucking for actual physical callbacks, like Clem picking up a glass shard and marching into a herd, you’d be out of luck cos Bruner squeezed TT for all they had, and the reality of the situation is that’s just what happens. People fuck each other over, and in this instance what Bruner did severely limited the way telltale told their stories, but I think literally everyone here can admit that choices never mattered in the first place. Hell, ANF probably did the best job with making choices matter and that’s saying something

Telltale aren’t not thriving because they don’t listen to fans, they failed because of the major lawsuit they ya don their hands, as well as a painfully bad CEO, on top of the exact same formula being reused over and over and over again.

Its really not. No spoilers for end game here, but can you imagine how disappointing you'd feel if Endgame just ignored everything that came

• Even if they had those resources, it was hardly going to be a greatest hits of Walking Dead moments and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have gone down well had it been that. It wouldn’t be true to the world or the characters and would just be knowingly self-referential for the wrong reasons.

It’d be disappointing because endgame actually had the ability to give us nice little callbacks to previous titles, we’re lucky that the fin

• I forgot it cost an extra $1000 every time they use the automatic lip sync, rig, and reused animation to add a single string to a convo for the smallest of small recognition of "wow this seems familiar because it already happened in other seasons but I guess I forgot." They have more than the ability to do it, they just didnt do it because its more effort.

People can throw around the whole CEO thing around, but its only 50% of the truth for why Telltale died. Good writers can still make a product and a story worth playing, for example Bruner became CEO in 2015 while Tales from the Borderlands was happening which was a fantastic game. Honestly probably a big reason why release dates were so long was because he was trying to fuck around with it but the devs actually cared enough about what they were doing and making something great instead of just doing bare minimum, which would be why they left after Tales ended. So its completely possible to still make good games even with Bruner's retardation, its really just up to if the creative team will make something good. Its hand in hand, I know a lot of people dont want to admit that but it is true, once the story quality goes down in these types of games like they were, people drop off.

Also Final Season was made when Bruner was gone and the new CEO was in, who was very hands off, so Final Season should have had really no restraints on story telling, especially not being able to make more stronger connections to past seasons, that would all be on the creative team choosing not to do it and instead going for the bare minimum when they had a fully open area to do what they wanted. Because yes, it cost practically nothing to open up small strings to past seasons, it doesnt cost millions for Clem to say one thing differently.

Also Kent said the biggest reason there wasnt something like say multiple endings was because they just thought no one would stick with the ending they got if it wasnt the "good ending" so again just choosing to do the bare minimum instead of adding dome depth. And the references they do have are pretty shit and just add more plot holes, like how it took Clem an entire year to find the Ranch that was only a few miles away and then suddenly Richmond is a war zone, its just thrown in to write it out of the plot, not to add to it.

It’d be disappointing because endgame actually had the ability to give us nice little callbacks to previous titles, we’re lucky that the fin

• After seeing Endgame, it made me wish TFS was more than just a cliched happy ending.

• But what other references could you possibly want? There were plenty of them. People complained that Lee was done to death and there was still even a full flashback dedicated to him, Carver’s death was already mentioned in ANF so it wouldn’t really add much to this season, inside jokes in the community was also mentioned, like what more could you possibly want in terms of references cos I’m starting to think you missed all of them. There were a good few in there for 2 hour long episodes, and there were only 4 episodes this time around, you can’t have an entire episode full of references, because then it’ll start to feel forced.

I forgot it cost an extra $1000 every time they use the automatic lip sync, rig, and reused animation to add a single string to a convo for

• edited April 2019

Alright, didn’t realize we had some Disney cuc suckers in here lmao. The MCU movies are by far the most overrated form of entertainment I’ve ever seen in my life. This is coming from someone who’s seen every movie, I literally remember seeing iron man when I was 6. When it comes down to it, the MCU hasn’t had a movie that was actually good sense GOTG. Every other movie they’ve made sense then has been pure mediocre garbage and people just eat that shit up. Oh yea Endgame is soooooo much better then TFS, TFS should’ve also had a messy incohesive plot that was made just so they can harken back to when they made movies that were actually good. TFS should’ve also had shitty humor thats poorly integrated and ruins the flow of the narrative. TFS should’ve also had a FUCKING FORTNITE AD in it, because who doesn’t love hittin that fortnite? Lol, Poogs over here saying he felt the movie had “stakes and weight” which couldn’t be further from the truth. I sure felt a lot of stakes knowing all the people that died in infinity war... but wait... didn’t I just see a fucking movie trailer for another Spider-Man before this? But spidey was in the snap? And what is this... guardians of the galaxy 3 confirmed? Oh I still definitely feel the “weight” of this movie knowing literally everyone that died in infinity war, didn’t actually die. It’s almost like by doing this it removes any sort of stakes in the whole fucking MCU. Someone died? Lol just go back in time idiot. If you really think anything from the mcu post GOTG has “better” writing then TFS you’re a fucking moron lmao.

• Ummm... why are you still watching them?

Alright, didn’t realize we had some Disney cuc suckers in here lmao. The MCU movies are by far the most overrated form of entertainment I’ve

• I can't help you if you don't know how to English or how to give us good reasons why you are not a fan of MCU. Just because we like Marvel, doesn't mean we are Disney "dick suckers". So I guess I'm a Sony fanboy because I loved Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse, which was a MUCH better story than TFS, it's not even a kids movie.

Alright, didn’t realize we had some Disney cuc suckers in here lmao. The MCU movies are by far the most overrated form of entertainment I’ve

• My family basically forced me to come along

Ummm... why are you still watching them?

• I can't help you if you don't know how to English

It was readable dude

or how to give us good reasons why you are not a fan of MCU.

I did. And I stated that I did like movies from the MCU before they started fucking up.

So I guess I'm a Sony fanboy because I loved Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse, which was a MUCH better story than TFS, it's not even a kids movie.

Haven’t seen or played those and I wasn’t talking about them. I’m talking about the MCU movies.

AronDracula posted: »

I can't help you if you don't know how to English or how to give us good reasons why you are not a fan of MCU. Just because we like Marvel,

• edited April 2019

I keep seeing extra reasons for not participating in talking about TFS in terms of quality & "quality," on top of the reasons that can be found personally.
    But I think we can all agree that comments like Wizard's just takes the cake for sheer egregiousness, no?

• It was readable dude

A troll reading I would say

I did. And I stated that I did like movies from the MCU before they started fucking up.

How did they fuck up? Captain Marvel is the only thing that upsetted the fans and that's it. Her character didn't even ruin Endgame.

Haven’t seen or played those and I wasn’t talking about them. I’m talking about the MCU movies.

That doesn't matter. You just called us "Disney" fans because we love the MCU movies, Disney doesn't even touch them, they just publish. And I hate Disney for ruining Star Wars by letting Katheleen Kennedy be in charge and giving the gaming license to Electronic Arts. Plus, you don't have any good reasons why you think TFS was better than MCU. That game was never 5 stars.

I can't help you if you don't know how to English It was readable dude or how to give us good reasons why you are not a fan of

• edited April 2019

Debatable. I’ll agree that the MCU has strengths that TFS lacks, but TFS has strengths that the MCU lacks, which is quite an achievement considering the incy wincy every telltale games ever are in comparison to the MCU. I’ll also admit that endgame confused the ass out of me cos of all the timey shet, and I’m still trying to get my head around how timelines actually work in that universe, and whether Gamora is actually alive or not, same with vision and basically everyone else who died in infinity war pre-snap, but still...movies.

And I’ll also admit that the way cap went back was a bit messy...like what point did he return to? Wouldn’t there be another cap? That would mean that he’d have to go back after he originally crashed the ship, but even then wasn’t he kinda pronounced as dead at the end of TFA before being found? It would ring alarm bells, on top of how past events cannot be changed while time travelling, therefore does cap even exist in the present? How did he get a wife if the past can’t be tinkered with? Idk. There’s also the question in regards to why Thanos sacrificed Gamora the last movie when he could have forced Hawkeye and Black Widow to go and decide who lives and who dies, with the added threat that he would personally kill all of the other avengers there and then, which he could have done. But despite all that it was still a decent film to me.

• What’s the difference between quality and “quality” ?

I keep seeing extra reasons for not participating in talking about TFS in terms of quality & "quality," on top of the reasons that can b

• Kenny hat, telling AJ about everyone from the past who kept him safe like asked of us to do, comparing Lilly to save lots bandits, not being able to compare Lilly to Carver who essentially did the same thing of kidnapping people and made them work for him, and then threaten Lilly with the fact they smashed his face in, more references about your scars you got from ANF S2 ending scenes instead of just the missing finger one, not being able to say you were glad Kenny killed Larry or bring up Kenny to Lilly at all despite how they hated each other and can not be used against her for proving her wrong about him to antagonize her more, being able to talk about other characters who have died instead of the game just going "LEE DIED," again season 2 endings not mattering at all, Jane isnt mentioned once, Kenny only mentioned once if you killed him making 0 satisfaction for getting those endings, no mention of characters like Christa after this long despite being with her for so long, not going back to Richmond being done in the easiest and stupidest way possible of just one line write it out of the plot instead of doing something interesting for why she cant go back, it goes on and on, they even cold have made it so we could mention Walter to Omar to atleast give a little something to Omar instead of him being such a garbage background thing, atleast having a small talk about a different cook guy we met could open a conversation with a little personality from him.

Again, Lee was being done to death, it gets tiresome if the only callback is Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee. Then the flashback just starts going overkill and starts to ruin the point of Lee's death if we just keep seeing him and talking to him. This is why people wanted callbacks that arnt just LEE because it gets stale if its the same thing over and over, let alone its the same thing over and over and against your will. Also people want references to enhance the story experience, not an easter egg of Randy Tudor or a walker floating in the river, it does nothing for the story.

But what other references could you possibly want? There were plenty of them. People complained that Lee was done to death and there was sti

• edited April 2019

Delete

• Quality as in how objectively solid and/or subjectively enjoyable TFS is among and/or to the general people.

And "quality" can be whatever extraneous or shallow viewpoint is being used as rating criteria by particularly partisan commenters.

What’s the difference between quality and “quality” ?

• This sounds horrible. Sounds like you wanted a clips episode like from an 80s/90s TV show. “Hey A.J., this is just like that time you wore that funny hat”... fade to flashback. Nobody goes around just referencing their life like that. It would be terrible.

Kenny hat, telling AJ about everyone from the past who kept him safe like asked of us to do, comparing Lilly to save lots bandits, not being

• But just because we don’t see those things doesn’t mean that they never happened. Aj is what? 6? So you’re telling me that there’s a need to tell him about his parents now when she should have done it years before? Granted, he was still basically a baby, but I’d say that he’d be able to remember what Clem told him at 5, especially if he can at 6, hell I’m mentally fuckin retarded and can even remember details from when I was like 5, so I’d feel it’d be pointless to have it included in the game, cos I don’t see the realism in telling him now when he could have been told before. I’ll give you the Kenny’s hat one tho, I would have liked to have seen that as well, and even the devs said that they’d like it in the game and it wasn’t forgotten, but obviously something changed.

they even cold have made it

Fix that rn

At the end of the day, there’s only so many references they could have done, otherwise it would have felt forced, and chances are if they even did attempt to make certain callbacks it could have felt off, and that’s the way it is. I agree that more callbacks would have been welcome (as long as they were relevant) but I’m not going to say that the season would be any better off with them, if that makes any sense.

Kenny hat, telling AJ about everyone from the past who kept him safe like asked of us to do, comparing Lilly to save lots bandits, not being

• Gotcha.

Quality as in how objectively solid and/or subjectively enjoyable TFS is among and/or to the general people. And "quality" can be whatever extraneous or shallow viewpoint is being used as rating criteria by particularly partisan commenters.

• Ill leave that "cold" mistake because I honestly have no idea how I fucked that up, so Ill just leave that there to remember forever

But just because we don’t see those things doesn’t mean that they never happened. Aj is what? 6? So you’re telling me that there’s a need to

• Im giving a list of things they easily could have done, not being specific on how its said, Im not going to rewrite the entire episode just to explain something as basic as "There should have been a dislodge option for Clem to choose that reflects on past events."

If you actually think these things would be as silly as "wow AJ where did that WACKY hat go!" you would just be purposely blocking out how it would really go if implemented in game or are purposely not thinking creatively how a scene would be altered to fit the dialogue, because it obviously wouldn't be done the way you described, and I feel most people understand how it would work from a narrative/directing stand point with these ideas being implemented.

This sounds horrible. Sounds like you wanted a clips episode like from an 80s/90s TV show. “Hey A.J., this is just like that time you wore t

• A troll reading I would say

Or I just didn’t care much about grammar and spelling in a comment that I knew people like you would just disregard anyway so you can continue to gang rape TFS. I understand constructive criticisms, but you and many others on these forums have taken it to a point that’s quite frankly pretty ridiculous. Criticize TFS’s flaws all you want, but Endgame is just as, I’d argue even more, flawed from a narrative standpoint.

How did they fuck up? Captain Marvel is the only thing that upsetted the fans and that's it. Her character didn't even ruin Endgame.

It’s pretty hard to upset a Marvel fan lol. Thor Ragnork is a perfect example of mindless garbage that ruined a classic MCU character but the fans fucking ate it up because it was “funny”. Black Panther was also a fine example, a good movie but definitely not as fucking good as they praise it to be.

That doesn't matter. You just called us "Disney" fans because we love the MCU movies, Disney doesn't even touch them, they just publish.

Ok yea, probably shouldn’t have started my comment off like that.

Plus, you don't have any good reasons why you think TFS was better than MCU. That game was never 5 stars.

Oh I do. And I did state a few of them. And I never said TFS was 5 stars, but it sure is better then 90% of the marvel movies. The reasons in my OG comment were kinda poorly explained because I had to type it pretty fast (I was in school). I’ll go over the few I brought up.

“Stakes and weight”: To put it simply, there is none. What does death even mean in the MCU if you can just come back? Even Gamora, who wasn’t killed from the snap, comes back. Whenever a story starts to use “multiple timelines” everything kinda feels pointless. It’s like, who cares what happens to this character or world when we can just go to another one and fix it, or go back in time and reverse anything bad that happens? It feels like their is literally no rules in the MCU lore, like the writers just do whatever the fuck they want. The only time I’ve seen these multiple dimensions thing used properly is in Rick and Morty. The thing with Rick and Morty is they embrace the whole multiple dimensions thing as being absurd and ridiculous by telling the audience “yea nothing really matters” and they play of this by having this whole theme of “what is the point of caring about anything if nothing really matters?”. Why should I care about what happens to Rick and Morty if their are millions of others like them in other universes/timelines? The show also plays of absurd comedy so having multiple universes allows the show to continue to do things even more crazy and unexpected and it fits the shows tone and remains consistent. This kinda ties into another problem these MCU movies have. The MCU just decides whatever the fuck it wants to be and this results in all of the movies feeling disjointed and inconsistent. Like Thor goes from a serious, slightly comedic character, to (basically) a live action cartoon character. His “development” if you can even call it that, is wack and unnatural. This is only one example of many.

Tie ins/advertising: I really want to finish this comment so I’ll keep it short. I will admit that Endgame did a better job with this. In other movies though, these tie ins are literally just advertisements for other films and sometimes they don’t even fit in with the movie. It feels exactly like how ANF ended, “Clementine’s story will continue...” basically this translates into: “Buy our next game lol”. Almost every Marvel movie has this shit and it’s annoying af. When Avengers Infinity War, one of the most important movies in the MCU story, did this for Captain Marvel it felt SOOO cheap.

They’re a lot more points I wanted to write down, especially on comedy, dialogue, and over-saturation, but I really wanna stop typing this wall of text. If you like these movies, good for you. But saying a majority these films, or more specifically Endgame, have “better” writing then TFS is pretty fucking absurd.

AronDracula posted: »

It was readable dude A troll reading I would say I did. And I stated that I did like movies from the MCU before they started f

• No, I just don’t agree. It would be so out of place to have any more than they had. It’s already a stretch that Clem has the same hat that many years on - I love that she does but it’s not a world where people can hoard possessions. The world of The Walking Desd is a more grounded world than I think you feel it is. People move on quickly because they have to and it’s pretty rare that the past needs to be brought up. How many times will a 16 year old kid bring up people and events that happened when they were 8-14 to people again and again? Not all that many. Not any more than we already got.

It’s not a greatest hits. There is no need for it and it wouldn’t be true to the writing. It would be writing at the audience, not for the characters.

Im giving a list of things they easily could have done, not being specific on how its said, Im not going to rewrite the entire episode just

Sign in to comment in this discussion.