Take Us Back Spoiler Talk

Comments

• edited March 2019

Hey, hey, now...

We just got the Kenny/Jane debate to cool down.

Enough blood’s been shed!

: P

Joshua1991 posted: »

A Whopper >

• So trust AJ and Tenn dies, don’t trust him and Louis/Violet dies?

Antow82 posted: »

I wish I would have trusted AJ I would have preferred Tenn dying instead of Louis

• Speaking of the Boat King wth wasn't he mentioned in Take Us Back?

The_Duck posted: »

Hey, hey, now... We just got the Kenny/Jane debate to cool down. Enough blood’s been shed! : P

• This episode definitely had issues, no denying. I disagree with you often, but you honestly won't get any justifications from me. I can definitely agree with every point you made.

But at the end of the day, I can still walk away from this game feeling extremely positive. I cried when she lived. Cried so hard and that was so out of character for me on a personal level. Not a lot of games or stories in general can make me really sob the way I did when I saw her alive. I didn't even cry that hard when Lee died nor anyone else really.

Was it a narrative mess? Yeah. Was it a cop-out ending? Yeah. At the end of the day, did any choice really mater that much? Nah. But I still feel like this was a great episode and great send off for her character and this game. I'm personally still riding high on my emotions so maybe these feelings will change once hindsight starts to kick in.

I didn't like the Ranch sequence, but I would've liked it more if they followed through with Clem dying, in at least one route. The shit with James was so forced that I honestly just wanted to kill him and get it over with. And this is coming from someone that loved his character. I loved the Minnie bridge scene. Loved and dreaded the barn scene.

So yes, this wasn't perfect by any means. I don't even think it's the best episode of the season. But I do still walk away fully satisfied with Clem's story. She's alive and happy and that's all I really wanted. I could pick apart this episode all day because let's be honest, they made this episode pretty easy to criticize, but I'm still happy. That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

• Yeah. I just got done watching Louis' death scene. AJ is too hesitant to shoot. I still need to see what Violet does.

AnimalBoy posted: »

So trust AJ and Tenn dies, don’t trust him and Louis/Violet dies?

• Exactly

So trust AJ and Tenn dies, don’t trust him and Louis/Violet dies?

• remember how everyone thought ep3 final choice will affect aj lmao

• Interesting. Is there way to decide who dies between Louis and Violet?

Sarunas21 posted: »

Yeah. I just got done watching Louis' death scene. AJ is too hesitant to shoot. I still need to see what Violet does.

• It's gotta be whoever you save in episode 2

Interesting. Is there way to decide who dies between Louis and Violet?

• So whoever you saved is the one who dies here or is it the opposite? Trying to get everything straight before I finish this.

It's gotta be whoever you save in episode 2

• I think it's determinate on who you save in Ep 2. If you saved Louis, he will find you after the cave scene. If you saved Violet, she will find you. From then on it's based on what you told AJ.

Interesting. Is there way to decide who dies between Louis and Violet?

• Based on what you told AJ, basically. Whoever you saved still has the potential to die if you don't trust AJ to make the tough calls.

So whoever you saved is the one who dies here or is it the opposite? Trying to get everything straight before I finish this.

• I'm so glad I trusted him. I'd rather have Tenn die then Louis

I wish I would have trusted AJ I would have preferred Tenn dying instead of Louis

• Holy fucking shit. The first half felt like some kind of fever dream, it was fucking crazy. I actually hated the direction it were taking at first but it totally redeemed itself with that ending.

AJ = best character in twdg, hands down.

• Thank you.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Based on what you told AJ, basically. Whoever you saved still has the potential to die if you don't trust AJ to make the tough calls.

• I thought it was a very good episode. It left me satisfied with the ending. 9/10 I just wish there was one more Lee scene if Clem maybe moving on from him.

• Sorry Tenn, but Violet is more important.

• AJ = best character in twdg, hands down.

No arguments here honestly. I was floored by his development.

Holy fucking shit. The first half felt like some kind of fever dream, it was fucking crazy. I actually hated the direction it were taking at first but it totally redeemed itself with that ending. AJ = best character in twdg, hands down.

• Didn’t you pick up the sketch toy in Episode 3?

Joshua1991 posted: »

Speaking of the Boat King wth wasn't he mentioned in Take Us Back?

• That disco broccoli thing at the end tho

• edited March 2019

So...Minerva got what she wanted in the end by having Tenn die with her.

Ehh...

• edited March 2019

I actually agree. Out of all the episodes for this season, episode 4 is my least favorite. I'm actually upset that Clem didn't die. Now she is a useless cripple! I would have liked it better if they would have just teased us with her pulling her boot off, like they did. But instead of getting bit, she didn't. What's the point of her getting bit, if she wasn't going to die like Lee. It was a waste of time. The only thing I really liked however is how my AJ turned out, he's a boss. And I'm glad he took out Tenn, and saved Violet.

• I´m not too pleased with the episode either.
    I felt absolutely nothing during the barn scene. Partly because it was just some season 1 rehash, and partly because at that point I already saw the plottwist coming.

So yeah, underwhelming is certainly the word I would use if I had to describe the episode.

• The only time I really got said was when it was coming to an end. It’s hard to say goodbye to something that you’ve known for so long.

By the way, where are the James’ mask and skull room decorations? I only found the toy and the crystal.

• The skull is in the fishing hut when you play as AJ. Can't remember exactly where, though.

The only time I really got said was when it was coming to an end. It’s hard to say goodbye to something that you’ve known for so long. By the way, where are the James’ mask and skull room decorations? I only found the toy and the crystal.

• James is only if James died

• I don't think I've had happy and sad tears all in the span of 2 hours before. Regardless of my critiques I got my moneys worth this season in terms of making me emotional. Didn't disappoint.

• Clem died
    Predictable and dumb

• Sarcasm or did you forget to wait until the end?

Clem died Predictable and dumb

• edited March 2019

Let me start by thanking Skybound for committing the resources to finish the season...they didn’t have to do it, so I am grateful.

That said, I did have a number of issues with this ending:

-All of the choices to steer AJ’s morality in Episodes 1-3 were irrelevant...in the end, it all came down to Clem’s decision to trust (or not trust) him in the caves. This is a tremendous flaw in the claim that “ choices matter”.
    -The choice above impacts whether Tenn or Louis/Violet survives the bridge scenario...Tenn was not given enough character development to care about. How did he get the scars on his face? Why is he black and his sisters white? I expected his backstory to be explained in Episode 4...very disappointing when it was not.
    -I can’t imagine anyone was satisfied with the way (the alive versions of) Lilly or James exited this episode...Lilly got no redemption arc and James went from beloved to straight-up bitch!
    -In Episode 3, didn’t Lee tell Clem to “visit him again” when the conflict was over? I would have liked one last goodbye. I also remember seeing conception art of Clem’s treehouse on YouTube and assumed it was real...potential Lee reunion cut content?
    -I have to agree with those who criticize the McCarrol Ranch scene...all we saw was Clem kill some people who were evidently trying to protect AJ...WTF?!?

One disagreement...I see people are complaining that Clem got bit and yet survives the season.Would you rather see her die just like Lee did? Then you would be bitching that it was too predictable...

• I'm at the barn scene rn. AJ just killed her after she was bitten...

Sarcasm or did you forget to wait until the end?

• Just keep playing. Not everything is as it seems.

I'm at the barn scene rn. AJ just killed her after she was bitten...

• edited March 2019

That James/Lilly choice though, I thought it would have a huge impact.

• I think this episode was way too easy on the main villains.

Lilly (Determinant) gets away with her life and freedom despite everything she’s done.

Minerva gets her way and takes her brother to the grave with her. (Determinant)

• edited March 2019

Huh?

Clem has the dialogue options to make Lilly seriously doubt her actions. The Delta is now at risk of falling and Lilly is broken.

Minerva gets her way? She dies in agony...

I think this episode was way too easy on the main villains. Lilly (Determinant) gets away with her life and freedom despite everything she’s done. Minerva gets her way and takes her brother to the grave with her. (Determinant)

• James is definitely my least favorite part of this season. All of his scenes are so unbelieveably boring to play through. They should have cut him out and focused more on the ericson kids, especially in this last episode where we barely get to talk to them.

• I... Have no idea how she survived that since it took sooo long to cut it off but wow

Just keep playing. Not everything is as it seems.

• Can someone explain how Willy got back when we seen him stealing the supplies?

• edited March 2019

How did AJ even get Clem up? Without a leg and all that bleeding. I guess plot admit runs in the DNA of the child you're protecting like when Clem took Lee while he was dead weight.

If she died it would have at least created an emotional moment . The takeout just makes everything seem so redundant.Ironically I was disappointed to see her alive. At least make it detriment if you tell AJ he's ready or not or something. I mean the episode was pretty much redundant since there's isn't much of an antagonist or semblencr except the Zombies and Minerva who I thought became some mutated walker overboss since they didn't attack her.

The ranch didn't make any sense. It seemed Clementine turned into the Cleminator and massacred the place and apperantly there were other people attacking like what's the point. The whole point is to give closure.

Regardless very dull especially when Clementine's plot admit survives anyway.

Disappointing. At least it's finished I guess.

• I thought this too! Didn't sound like him though but he did look like him!

Was the guy at the Ranch Eddie from 400 days?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.