Take Us Back Spoiler Talk

Comments

• If they would have just let Clem remain not bitten, it would have been a little more believable how both of them made it out of that barn. But because AJ cuts off her leg, I can't believe she didn't die. That entire barn scene could have worked perfectly if Clem wasn't bitten. That's what I have issue with. Her opening her boot and saw no bite would have been tons better, and would have played well on phase "still not bitten" at the very end. Instead she got bit, got her fricken leg cut off, and miraculously didn't bleed out lol. I'm glad Clem is alive, but the way they went about keeping her alive was awful.

• edited March 2019

Also I am really annoyed by the AJ shit. AJ doesnt learn jack fucking shit from you the whole god damn game. Everything he does is either predetermined by the game, or he only does what you tell him to do in that exact moment.

The only time he doesnt is in ep 4 when he shoots Tenn, but he ONLY does that based on that ONE choice that just happened 15 minutes ago. Everything you taught him before that? Fuck it. Doesnt matter. Its so fucking stupid, whole gimmick was "AJ LEARNS FROM YOU DUDE" when clearly he doesnt.

And its annoying and hypocritical as fucking shit coming from Kent Mundle. Same guy was complaining about how GOT did bullshit about how characters do a certain thing based on one single choice instead of an accumulation of many choices, but then wont do it for AJ. Its fucking stupid, and its honestly annoying watching someone complain about something like that, and then do the same thing and defended it. Like sorry my guy, you're in the same boat, AJ not making any choices based on everything we taught him was disappointing and stupid, just as dumb as it was in GOT.

• edited March 2019

Can we just take a moment and discuss why the fuck did they bring Eddie, a 400 Days characters, back in this season? That was nothing but unnecessary fanservice. The problem is that they gave him a conclusion and not Christa. I think we should be okay to say that Christa died in Season 2 no matter what you did.

• I for one, really loved that Episode. For me, it is the best episode of the Final Season. Why? Because I cried like a child. Since Clem got bit. My thought there were like: "Ohh fuck... they really want to kill her... this is fucked up".
    All the way in the barn. It all looked exactly like when we lost Lee. My thoughts went crazy. From "ohh fuck we gonna lose her" to "how lame is that? Making lee's death pointless and also exactly the same like clem's death".
    And as AJ swung the axe to kill clem, my hearth was broken. In that moment I stoped breathing and need to rethink what actually happend there.
    The Flashback to the Farm was... meh I guess. I kinda get it, that this all made clem think about their situation. Killing a women infront of AJ is a whole different thing as killing her without AJ. Clem needed to grow instantly with that boy in her hands. That's why the Farm fucked her up.

As the Flashback was over and I had to play as AJ it was clear to me, that Clem was dead. Especially when he found her hat. Again tears came out of my eyes. Losing Clem after 7 fucking years. Growing up with her... even if it is just a game, it is hearth breaking to lose her in the end.
    But I have to admit, that I had still hope that Clem survived it. But then I thought like "Nah... she won't let AJ go all alone out there."
    But as we got closer to the school the feeling that Clem lives got greater and greater. Why? 'Cause any kid acted like normal. And not at all sad. Especially Louis (At least in my playthrough as Louis and Clem were a couple). He wasn't sad at all, for the looks of it.
    And as I heard Clem's voice… the tears were instantly back. I was so happy to see her alive. I don't care if it makes no sense. The feeling was so overwhelming, that this episode is by far the best one in this Season.
    I mean… look at the last episode of season 1. The little girl Clem carried the unconscious Lee from the street into that store with hundreds of walkers walking through the streets. Makes no fucking sense either, but everyone loved that episode.
    For me. Skybound and Telltale did a great job and I'm gonna to replay it tonight.

• Ikr, Minerva wasn’t the much covored in walker guts and she leads them like an army, she would’ve still been smelled out by the herd but it was still pretty spine Tingly when she was singing.

AronDracula posted: »

I just finished the game right now. I got the best ending, Louis lives, Violet apologized and Clementine lives as well. I haven't seen the o

• I agree somewhat. I felt everything Telltale wanted me to feel and then some. It’s not perfect, but I loved this flawed episode nonetheless. I like to analyze and dissect these episodes as much as the next guy but there is something far more calming about just being the casual fan who can look back at this episode and say “I loved it.” That’s how I feel. I don’t think I’ve played a Telltale episode that made me feel that much emotion over 2 hours before.

KirTyun posted: »

I for one, really loved that Episode. For me, it is the best episode of the Final Season. Why? Because I cried like a child. Since Clem got

• Also really lame theres no choice of to put James down or not if he died in ep 3.

Why even bring him back as a walker if they arnt going to give a choice to respect what he wanted or not? Seemed like a really easy alternate choice to add in. "Do we put James down, or respect how he would want to remain a walker?" but I guess the writers are actually that bad. (like holy shit I thought that was going to be like an obvious given situation, but I guess not)

• Also, the whole AJ and James thing makes no sense. For a while Aj thinks James might be right about people being in walkers somewhere, but if James dies in episode 3 AJ will go on a rant saying James is wrong, theres nothing after death, yet when Clem is "dying" he says he wants to be a walker with her anyway lmao

• edited March 2019

Eddie returning was a joke or something apparently

i agree it sucked,also sorry for the picture that takes up an entire fucking page lmao

Can we just take a moment and discuss why the fuck did they bring Eddie, a 400 Days characters, back in this season? That was nothing but un

• Lets not make this about the writers’ competence or lack thereof. The point can be made without doing all that.

Poogers555 posted: »

Also really lame theres no choice of to put James down or not if he died in ep 3. Why even bring him back as a walker if they arnt going

• bruh wtf LMAO

I really thought it was just a coincidence in looks. Fucking "Budget Machine broke" but they have the time and money to do this? lmao

I wonder if Mundle is proud of the fucking Ranch flashback when it was worst than what I was even expecting lmao

Also throwback to "We wrote the ending first because we KNEW we had to" and its just Clem gets a fairy tale ending no matter what you do.

iFoRias posted: »

Eddie returning was a joke or something apparently i agree it sucked,also sorry for the picture that takes up an entire fucking page lmao

• There was only one episode that made me feel like in this episode before.
    And that was in season 1 the last episode. Losing Lee was terrible too and I know no one who hadn't tears in their eyes as Clem had to leave or shot Lee. The same goes with this episode now. To see AJ with that axe and how he swung that axe. It's pretty much the same. But I am really happy that they decided to let Clem live.
    This gives the opportunity to continue with the story. Even if Clem's story is done (or not :P), maybe we'll get an AJ story and Clem is included in this story. I guess that depends if Skybound want to continue this or not.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I agree somewhat. I felt everything Telltale wanted me to feel and then some. It’s not perfect, but I loved this flawed episode nonetheless.

• How would you rank the episodes of this season? Here is mine":

1. Episode 2
    2. Episode 1
    3. Episode 3
    4. Episode 4
  • Holy shit you know what this actually makes me really mad.

They go through all this for no real reason. Also the fact Eddie was going to be in S2 but that was cut, and now hes back and just bada-dead.

Also if they were bringing back 400 days characters, Abel should have been Nate. They are very much the same and I could easily see Abel in Final Season being Nate. Would have been cool if he was replaced as he is a link for the player but not Clem.

God just what the fuck. Glad Eddie appears just for us to kill him, but still cant get anything meaningful out of past seasons.

iFoRias posted: »

Eddie returning was a joke or something apparently i agree it sucked,also sorry for the picture that takes up an entire fucking page lmao

• I actually really enjoyed the episode. I know it wasn't perfect and I understand people not feeling the same. But I was tense while playing it, I was emotional and I was so fucking happy that Clem was still alive at the end. Like someone else said, I would have liked her to not get bit at all, although I will still use #StillNotBitten and if they ever release merch with the line I will buy it, but overall, I was happy when it ended. I was emotional but happy and that was better than I could have expected. I also liked that more people survived to the end. It felt like I could leave these characters where they are and feel satisfied.

I get the feeling they might be testing out how we feel about AJ as a playable character, but that wouldn't be a game I would play. I would rather leave it here, happy, and with the characters surviving.

The bridge scene was creepy and I'm glad the song was used in game instead of it being a trailer only thing. I would have liked the option for Tenn to survive but you can't have everything, I suppose. I did love him and was sad when he died.

• Id go ep 1, ep 2, ep 4, ep 3.

Ep 4 is just so weird. Its not as bad as ep 3 but damn its not a satisfying conclusion, it feels like I didnt earn the ending.

How would you rank the episodes of this season? Here is mine": * Episode 2 * Episode 1 * Episode 3 * Episode 4

• I'm happy with my choices, Louis is alive, he is now my Clementine's boyfriend but other than that, I agree it was nothing special.

Id go ep 1, ep 2, ep 4, ep 3. Ep 4 is just so weird. Its not as bad as ep 3 but damn its not a satisfying conclusion, it feels like I didnt earn the ending.

• Hell, why does 400 Days even exist in the first place? All it did was giving extra dialogues in the first place.

Holy shit you know what this actually makes me really mad. They go through all this for no real reason. Also the fact Eddie was going to

• Russian group was originally 400 days group in S2, but then they got lazy lmao (Eddie would be Arvo)

Hell, why does 400 Days even exist in the first place? All it did was giving extra dialogues in the first place.

• Tenn can survive. He survived for me. Violet died.

trishaharry posted: »

I actually really enjoyed the episode. I know it wasn't perfect and I understand people not feeling the same. But I was tense while playing

• Oh, I know, I just meant I wish Tenn could survive with everyone else (no one dies).

Tenn can survive. He survived for me. Violet died.

• I personally liked the ending, I mean It's probably because I was so pissed when I thought Clem was dead, honestly,I feel like this would have been the cheap ending, the moment Clementine got bit I was like
    "CUT OFF HER FRICKING LEG NOW"
    I mean sure she may have passed out, but she could have given him instructions before doing so, hell in season one Clementine grabs lee and drags him safely into a garage, so I think AJ would have managed, especially since Clem doesn't seem that heavy.

Honestly I was salty the whole ending until I saw Clem, I actually cried, I almost never cry but I was so ecstatic to see her alive and felt like "yes they fricking cut her leg off jesus"

I'm guessing my emotions got over the logic side of me and I didn't try to figure out how Alvin managed to save Clem. But maybe the other people in the group arrived ? Or Alvin found a way to get rid of the walkers and drag Clementine all the way to school, I mean sure that seems impossible, but adrenaline can do wonders, and honestly, I wouldn't have that much trouble believing it.

I feel like people are never satisfied, if Clementine had died, people would have said it was cheap and too easy, and redundant, and they keep her alive and you are not happy ? I mean you are free to think whatever you want, and I'm sure most of the people are somewhat satisfied of this ending, but I mean I thought it was very good, not perfect, but in my game, Alvin wasn't ready to be left alone uneducated, he needed the wisdom of Clem, in my playthrough Louis died, but I'm not that mad, I mean the alternative is killing Tenn ? That seems kinda horrible, Alvin has been through so much already, he doesn't need to be tougher, I actually think he needs to be softer, learn how to live, not survive, he already knows that.

I'm guessing what was weird was the barn scene, I didn't really understand everything, but I guess it left Alvin completely traumatized.

All in all we are so used to shitty endings in TWD I feel like It's a nice change, and It's also hopeful, for me it feels like humanity maybe will finally be able to get back from It's feet, and maybe it might start anew in Ericson's Boarding School

GO ERICSON !

• Ep 1 > Ep 2 > Ep 3 > Ep 4 for me

How would you rank the episodes of this season? Here is mine": * Episode 2 * Episode 1 * Episode 3 * Episode 4

• I see people are complaining that Clem got bit and yet survives the season. Would you rather see her die just like Lee did? Then you would be bitching that it was too predictable...

Oh there are many problems with it, mainly because people want alternate endings. I don't mind honestly, but that said, this isn't a 'would you rather', this is a 'what would you want'? it's clear that Skybound gave the team a bit more time to add in some cool things, but from the start the way the ending works isn't right. It will probably be the biggest critique. I wonder what Kirkman will say.

Pahn711 posted: »

Let me start by thanking Skybound for committing the resources to finish the season...they didn’t have to do it, so I am grateful. That s

• I just feel Clem should have been determinant. Its weird the ending is always happy. It doesn't really feel like I earned this happy ending because Im just going to get it anyway. They could have gone all out with determinant deaths seeing as they will never return again, but instead just did a bait and switch and give everyone the same core ending. The bait and switch just feels cheap, either go through with it or dont do it at all.

They should have just done more endings, preferable an AJ dies, Clem Dies, both live, so there would be the ending we got, then 2 bad endings, that way it would feel like the ending you get it because of your choices and how you got there, instead of what we ended up getting.

Demonarke posted: »

I personally liked the ending, I mean It's probably because I was so pissed when I thought Clem was dead, honestly,I feel like this would ha

• Everything ends well, and it's fine as long as there are some setbacks, but when Tenn dies especially, there isn't enough development to really care, perhaps if the AJ and Tenn being best-friends thing was explored more. Maybe after the 2 week time-jump they really get along. Tenn needs to be more involved in the story. This game is so half-baked. Characters, choices, ranch arc, whole damn thing.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I think this episode was way too easy on the main villains. Lilly (Determinant) gets away with her life and freedom despite everything she’s done. Minerva gets her way and takes her brother to the grave with her. (Determinant)

• I'm making a thread to the people who didn't like the ending, because I want them to give me all the arguments possible, I wanna understand, I kinda agree with you on that but I feel like Telltale wanted to make an ending that would appeal to the most people, they didn't want anybody left out especially since It's THE END
    But I feel like yeah, maybe they could have made alternate endings.

I just feel Clem should have been determinant. Its weird the ending is always happy. It doesn't really feel like I earned this happy ending

• Good thing you were clever in making that statement by using 'whole community' but most of the time, the people who say it is cliche are not the people who are annoyed that Clem didn't die.

ralo229 posted: »

The community: "Clementine dying would be predictable and dumb." Also the community: "Wow. Clementine didn't die? Way to take the safe route, you assholes." Bring on the hate, but you all know it's true.

• I don't feel like we really needed the ranch cutscene.

Big agree with this one. Shouldn't have been in the game, or the players should have a good understanding of what went down (don't need to change what went down because it's a minor thing and isn't relevant to the story) when AJ says 'the ranch was nice too, before the blood'

I'm glad Clem survives. I did get upset and thought I'd made the wrong choice when I thought she was dying. Overall I enjoyed the episode

• doesn't matter. Her face showed enough. It's like saying that if in Lee's death scene Clem did the same thing - chopped off his arm - and he would survive.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Clem gets bit,then she walks for like hours or whatever and then get to the barn then she dies but not really? You get bit if you don't cut

• Honestly, this scene is probably what will drag down the series a lot. TWD youtubers who don't normally concern themselves with the game, reviewers and critics, Kirkman, the writers, there will be a lot of controversy. I think I need to get a screenshot of Clem's face before she was axed, because it seems that people are forgetting. I guess they think that after the origin location of the bite is separated from the body, her eyes and pale skin just reverts itself back to normal. Honestly. I don't even mind one ending. I can brush off the ranch. The trash antagonists. The undeveloped nobodies. The lack of choices mattering. The 'everyone lives'. The bite thing is the nail in the coffin. It doesn't make sense. How could this go past 'Additional writing'? Insane.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I don't agree with @iFoRias often, but I sort of have to agree with him on this. I love the fact that Clem has lived through this and is hap

• My thoughts exactly to be honest.

ralo229 posted: »

The community: "Clementine dying would be predictable and dumb." Also the community: "Wow. Clementine didn't die? Way to take the safe route, you assholes." Bring on the hate, but you all know it's true.

• Was that actually Eddie or was it thing like how there's a badger lookalike at the Delta?

Can we just take a moment and discuss why the fuck did they bring Eddie, a 400 Days characters, back in this season? That was nothing but un

• It was him. @iFoRias has proof on another thread.

Ghetsis posted: »

Was that actually Eddie or was it thing like how there's a badger lookalike at the Delta?

• It was pretty... meh. I didn't felt much, which was something I was afraid of. I mean, my heart stood still when Clem got bit and when AJ, despite me telling him to leave me, went lumberjack mode, but overall it was just... meh. I also liked the Minerva singing scene, as silly as it was. I'm dissapointed that there was only one ending, with Clem cheating death and becoming a "one foot Clem". I'd give this episode a solid 6.5/10. S2 E5 felt more like an actual conclusion than this one. The Final Season is way better than A new Frontier and even that I'm dissapointed with the conclusion of Clem's story I do not regret buying and playing this game, which is something I cannot tell about ANF...

Also, sorry for being so mean but fuck you writers for completely wasting Lily and not allowing me to at least tell AJ about Kenny's fucking hat The one I've been waiting few years to finally give him after one and only shitty flashback in ANF...

• there's no point in doing the whole feud about Clem making AJ a killer anyway, because it's anticipated to be the main part of the episode but it isn't. Not really explored. It feels like that was what the episode was intended to be about, but it got changed/cut short. At least make AJ shoot his way out to test his 'I won't enjoy killing anymore' thing. So underwhelming.

Also really lame theres no choice of to put James down or not if he died in ep 3. Why even bring him back as a walker if they arnt going

• Also throwback to "We wrote the ending first because we KNEW we had to" and its just Clem gets a fairy tale ending no matter what you do.

No no no, the ending was definitely gut-wrenching and harrowing. I had such high expectations before TFS released. Trust that the writing would be great and unpredictable. Confidence that Kent Mudle was taking over only to be dissapointed in how he mishandled everything, along with everyone else. Obviously the writers are proud of themselves but we all know they're way better than that. The rewrites and cleaning up should've taken care of all the problems, but no.

bruh wtf LMAO I really thought it was just a coincidence in looks. Fucking "Budget Machine broke" but they have the time and money to do

3 (sorry @iFoRias)

• Why are you apologising for an opinion? Madre de dios, people.

Ghetsis posted: »

1 3 (sorry @iFoRias) 2 4

• They added in so many extra stuff in this game. So many features and cool artistic things. But the writers couldn't pull their weight and bother to brush up on dialogue sloppiness and dialogue choices.

Holy shit you know what this actually makes me really mad. They go through all this for no real reason. Also the fact Eddie was going to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.