Take Us Back Spoiler Talk

Comments

• That is true.

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah but it felt too late to just keep doing it. It already lost a lot of viewers because of Season 7 and 8.

• It's not like walkers count how many times a person was bitten. They bite and bite until there's nothing left.

I'm confused about that though. Minnie was bit already so why did the walkers bite her again on the brigde?! didn't she get bit like 3 times?

• Your biography, lool.

It's not like walkers count how many times a person was bitten. They bite and bite until there's nothing left.

• I know, right?

Your biography, lool.

• Plus the picture.

I know, right?

• Truly beautiful, I know.

Plus the picture.

• Did you take a selfie?

One handsome devil.

Truly beautiful, I know.

• What about mine? I know you got on well with the Queen of Season Two.

Truly beautiful, I know.

• My grandma took this picture while I was playing Season 2 of Wolf Among Us.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Did you take a selfie? One handsome devil.

• Where is @Poogers555 when you need him?

My grandma took this picture while I was playing Season 2 of Wolf Among Us.

• edited March 2019

I can clearly see how much enjoyment you've had from playing the only prototype known to mankind...

My grandma took this picture while I was playing Season 2 of Wolf Among Us.

• I was rather amused when I was given the only version of the game they had. That's why they cancelled it, only I have the actual game.

I can clearly see how much enjoyment you've had from playing the only prototype known to mankind...

• edited March 2019

Did they cancel the game because of your charisma?
    I mean, I wouldn't be able to say no to that face...

I was rather amused when I was given the only version of the game they had. That's why they cancelled it, only I have the actual game.

• As long as you get your dosh, you are one happy man.

Did they cancel the game because of your charisma? I mean, I wouldn't be able to say no to that face...

• I didn't even have to ask. I just looked at the dev team and they handed me the only copy of the game.

Did they cancel the game because of your charisma? I mean, I wouldn't be able to say no to that face...

• When you see that wad of cash...

As long as you get your dosh, you are one happy man.

• I am at the awards!

When you see that wad of cash...

• Never in my life have I had such an emotional reaction to a game as I just had with the ending to this game. I cried a lot when I thought that Clem was gone, but when she appears back at the school I paused the game, ran out my room and paced around my house trying not to cry years of joy!! My sister asked me what was up and then I couldn't stop crying for a good 5 minutes. My emotions were everywhere, just as I had accepted that Clem was gone she comes right back and my head couldn't take it!

I am so happy with this ending and I'm surprised at the reaction on here from the fans. I want to thank Skybound for giving us an ending to Clems story and finding her a home and a family. Love you guys <3

• We shall never forget your name. <3

Never in my life have I had such an emotional reaction to a game as I just had with the ending to this game. I cried a lot when I thought th

• I mean, I liked the detail that the dialogue options were actually his thoughts, which he would express anyway because he's a kid, but no.

@The_Duck He stays behind to fight off walkers so you can escape, and starts dual-wielding knives. O_O

Oh, is that what he was doing?
    I was sorta wondering why he didn't put his mask back on and lead them away.

@AnimalBoy So...Clem just lives no matter what? I saw people on Twitter saying that she can die?

That's apparently untrue, though I heard something similar.

Are there any endings with even the slightest of variations?

Whether Louis/Violet or Tenn are alive and whether one shows how they're dealing with their injury while the other keeps watch & talks to Clementeen about investigating a caravan.
    I haven't actually seen the Tenn stuff yet, but I did see a frame of him drawing by himself while looking for a Violet playthrough.

@Joshua1991 I really wished they had the balls to kill off Clementine. Giving her plot armor till the very end is poor writing

Um, poor writing seems overly general, but sure.

@The_Duck I just wish it had been determinant. Our choices once again basically meant nothing.

I was fine enough with what we got, but it definitely would've been much better as another alternative ending thing.

@joshua00819 Also how is AJ really going to learn how to survive with Clem still babysitting him?

From what I got it of the ending, the idea seems to be that he's his own man now and working in part to support her, as she's more or less retired now.

@patrickrc95 I liked the scene on the Bridge with Minnie. Just how she looked with the blood and carrying the axe reminded me of Bloody Mary in the Finale of The Wolf Among Us. Real Creepy.

I thought it seemed similar of yet something else.

@Razer531 In the barn we see Clem's eyes purple meaning infection spread over her whole body. Can someone therefore explain how amputation worked?

They were orange in the walkthroughs I saw.
    But I have no idea.

Joshua1991 posted: »

Do you think they had us playing as AJ to test the waters? I mean i liked playing as him.

• edited March 2019

So now that Ive had a full day to really take in all of Ep 4, I think my final thoughts on Final Season as a whole is that it was good, but underwhelming.

For the most part I enjoyed the series. Episode 1 was an incredible episode, ep 2 was also really good, but after that it started to slip for me. It just started having too many story problems for me, or just moments that felt underused, and too many times could they have done something more interesting and didnt when they easily could have. Its good, but it doesnt go up and beyond to be amazing like it could have been.

Episode 4 had a lot of pacing problems which I feel most people agree with. First act felt a bit drawn out, but then the rest felt like it was rushing way too fast. (Like I wasnt a fan of how if Louis or Violet die, they die, no sad goodbye to them, they just die fast as hell because they need to make Clem get bit fast as hell too, which is a bit disappointing that when the two most developed characters die they dont get a good "goodbye scene" that would work because we are attached to them)

Just overall I think Id give it a 70/100. Its good, and I am glad the ending is "good" I still would have preferred alternate endings because having the default ending being happy no matter what doesnt sit right with me, I really felt they should have gone with a AJ dies, Clem dies, both live, type of scenario. Who knows. Overall it was enjoyable but it did bare minimum to get the job done which was disappointing. Its just sad seeing how mediocre it is when simple changes in direction could easily make it a solid 90/100 for me.

ᵃᶫˢᵒ ᵏᵉᶰᶰʸ ᵈᶫᶜ ᵃᵖʳᶦᶫ ²⁹ᵗʰ

• That is still a high score.

Poogers555 posted: »

So now that Ive had a full day to really take in all of Ep 4, I think my final thoughts on Final Season as a whole is that it was good, but

• 70/100 is 70% or a C- which is just one point higher than a D+ my guy.

That is still a high score.

• Oh, well that would be a first at university standard, so my bad, lool.

70/100 is 70% or a C- which is just one point higher than a D+ my guy.

• From what ur saying I feel like it could've been twice as good if only the full team was available.

So now that Ive had a full day to really take in all of Ep 4, I think my final thoughts on Final Season as a whole is that it was good, but

• Can there also be Jane DLC on the 29th?

70/100 is 70% or a C- which is just one point higher than a D+ my guy.

• @Hersani remember how everyone thought ep3 final choice will affect aj lmao

Oh, wait, what?

@CarverDidNothingWrong AJ = best character in twdg, hands dow

He's definitely one of em, yeah.

@AnimalBoy So...Minerva got what she wanted in the end by having Tenn die with her.

Ehh...

That's this episode overall.

@ScottishFleming Clem died
    Predictable and dumb
    @AnimalBoy Sarcasm or did you forget to wait until the end?

Yeah, that's not the only time I've seen someone say that and I'm starting to wonder.

@Pahn711 All of the choices to steer AJ’s morality in Episodes 1-3 were irrelevant...in the end, it all came down to Clem’s decision to trust (or not trust) him in the caves. This is a tremendous flaw in the claim that “ choices matter”.

Hi Season 2!
    Also, is that choice there no matter what?

Tenn was not given enough character development to care about.

Oh, Tenn is the most wasted character from this.

Why is he black and his sisters white?

Because he's adopted.
    Also, to keep Marlon from endorsing full out apartheid.

I expected his backstory to be explained in Episode 4...very disappointing when it was not.

I was expecting a number of backstories to be explained in the previous episode.
    Was a bust, man.

-I can’t imagine anyone was satisfied with the way (the alive versions of) Lilly or James exited this episode...Lilly got no redemption arc and James went from beloved to straight-up bitch!

Dude, James is the only other character to be CAPABLE of getting any real resolution[ from what I've seen].

-In Episode 3, didn’t Lee tell Clem to “visit him again” when the conflict was over? I would have liked one last goodbye. I also remember seeing conception art of Clem’s treehouse on YouTube and assumed it was real...potential Lee reunion cut content?

Oh shoot, really?
    I mean, it might've just been from ANF, but still.

-I have to agree with those who criticize the McCarrol Ranch scene...all we saw was Clem kill some people who were evidently trying to protect AJ...WTF?!?

That scene is such a nonsequitur.

One disagreement...I see people are complaining that Clem got bit and yet survives the season.Would you rather see her die just like Lee did? Then you would be bitching that it was too predictable...

I'm sure everyone would've rather both be determinant outcomes.

@ScottishFleming I'm at the barn scene rn. AJ just killed her after she was bitten...

D'oh!
    Why are you in the community while watching it anyway?

@Nyxeris That James/Lilly choice though, I thought it would have a huge impact.

It has a bigger impact if you saved James.

@AnimalBoy I think this episode was way too easy on the main villains.

Lilly (Determinant) gets away with her life and freedom despite everything she’s done.

Minerva gets her way and takes her brother to the grave with her. (Determinant)

It is oddly fucky about it, isn't it?
    Ah well.

@Pahn711 Huh?

Clem has the dialogue options to make Lilly seriously doubt her actions. The Delta is now at risk of falling and Lilly is broken.

Again.
    And even without that, I kinda got the vibe that she's not exactly free. It almost felt like a sequel hook except not really.
    Of course, they fouled up her character on entry, so what's the difference?

Minerva gets her way? She dies in agony...

More like delirium.

@CarverDidNothingWrong James is definitely my least favorite part of this season. All of his scenes are so unbelieveably boring to play through. They should have cut him out and focused more on the ericson kids, especially in this last episode where we barely get to talk to them.

Uuuh, see the UO thread.
    Like, I agree a little this time, but meh.

@ScottishFleming I... Have no idea how she survived that since it took sooo long to cut it off but wow

Your guess is as good as mine.

@Justin22 Can someone explain how Willy got back when we seen him stealing the supplies?

...He walked? :neutral:

@Dan10 How did AJ even get Clem up? Without a leg and all that bleeding. I guess plot admit runs in the DNA of the child you're protecting like when Clem took Lee while he was dead weight.

I know, right?
    I makes NO sense!

Minerva who I thought became some mutated walker overboss since they didn't attack her.

Oh-huhuhuhu! :joy:

The ranch didn't make any sense. It seemed Clementine turned into the Cleminator and massacred the place and apperantly there were other people attacking like what's the point. The whole point is to give closure.

Did she though?
    She killed, like, four people--only one of which seemed to be an attacker.

At least it's finished I guess.

Realistic.

@RainbowKitten I thought this too! Didn't sound like him though but he did look like him!

According to Mr. Mudle, it is the same VA, so I guess he might've just forgotten how to do the voice.
    For the 2 lines he had, anyway.

AnimalBoy posted: »

So trust AJ and Tenn dies, don’t trust him and Louis/Violet dies?

• According to Lilly, Delta will lose the war

Joshua1991 posted: »

They should have split the finale in two parts. Part 1 of what we got and then Part 2 we fight The Delta. They're still out there.

• I wish she was not the villain because I liked her in the first season.

According to Lilly, Delta will lose the war

• edited March 2019

Not really. I lot of the things I would do to "fix" TFS could be done super easy with small tweaks which is whats most disappointing is that so little needs tweaking for it to be better. Like for example swap the Lee dream with the Ranch flashback. Make Ranch happen in episode 3, Lee dream in ep 4 and make the convo more about Clem thinking shes dead or something. Would help a lot more for us to actually think Clem died as it was kinda obvious it was her leg and also makes way more sense for the narrative for this to be when she sees Lee.

patrickrc95 posted: »

From what ur saying I feel like it could've been twice as good if only the full team was available.

• edited March 2019

I would've had the Ranch Flashback at the Beginning of Take Us Back just like how the Flashbacks were in ANF and then add a Second Lee Dream where you said.

Not really. I lot of the things I would do to "fix" TFS could be done super easy with small tweaks which is whats most disappointing is that

• I thought you were going to mention ‘Tales from the Borderlands’’ skeleton team, but I jumped too quickly. ?

Not really. I lot of the things I would do to "fix" TFS could be done super easy with small tweaks which is whats most disappointing is that

• Just played it

Tenn's death - really disappointed with what they did to this character in the final episode. I can't remember him ever being deluded about what Walkers were and how dangerous they were, unlike the crackpot James. Then suddenly he's entertaining some lunatic telling him to walk in a heard and get bitten? Lmao. It's a shame because he was one of my favourite characters up to that point.

Clementine's death - the scene where she gets bitten was good and shocking. The aftermath was basically just a inferior rehash of Lee's death. Then her being alive after all was also pretty ridiculous, although at least it ended up changing the Lee rehash scene a little.

Favourite part of the episode - the AJ flashback rescue scene. Real disturbing, dark horror movie shit like the series should be.

• edited March 2019

I personally wasnt feeling the Minnie thing at all. Like I guess shes just absolutely insane now and wants to just kill Tenn. Didnt like how dumb Tenn was either, time and time again he keeps doing the same thing, you can even tell him Minnie is just going to kill him and he goes "I know."

More so, a big problem with the season overall was how 90% of the cast wasnt developed. Only real developed characters are AJ, and then Louis and Violet. Like the "best ending" is the one where AJ kills Tenn. You dont really care about Tenn dying and no one else seems to care either. (also wasnt a fan of how Louis and Violet just get devoured so fast. The 2 charters they spent the most time developing for the player dont get any type of "goodbye scene" that would have been emotional, it felt way too rushed for those characters. Should have it so they get bit on the neck or something so they will die soon, but have enough time to get a death scene, but I guess they really wanted to rush us into the "Clem is bit" thing.)

wdfan posted: »

Just played it Tenn's death - really disappointed with what they did to this character in the final episode. I can't remember him ever be

• The James stuff was ok I guess, pretty lame he just "sacrificed" himself though, especially after it looked like Clem finally changed his mind.

Yeah, that was...beh.

Pissed off that they just glossed over Richmond as being unsafe because it's a war zone.

Ikr? I mean, it could've used just a touch of flourish, but nyeh, "Status Quo."

@RainbowKitten I don't feel like we really needed the ranch cutscene.

It was really oddly placed.

@iFoRias Clem gets bit,then she walks for like hours or whatever and then get to the barn then she dies but not really ? Because she's alive at the end ? What the fuck was that ?

You get bit if you don't cut it in the next 5 minutes or less you're fucked this makes NO SENSE they completely fucked up,and then they expect me to believe AJ got out of that barn full of walkers somehow after cutting her leg ??????

Yeah, seriously. :joy:
    It's not like they were going anywhere after that.

And the second problem is just how they ended the episode when you play as AJ and then walk into the "Still not bitten" hall with all the guys who worked on it and then at the end "thank you for playing" wow just wow great way to end the series guys lmao

I mean, if it's the end of the end, I thought it was okay to deviate from the norm anyway.
    But yeah, it was definitely a blaring shade of white.

@ScottishFleming Did Clems scar heal at the end? Both Kenny and Wellington don't have her scar when Clems on crutches, did they heal or was it a character model mistake?

Uh, in the former's case, probably an error.

@iFoRias It took her a long time i remember her getting bit during the night and then she got to the barn and it was daytime or something pretty sure.

Like im pretty sure she got bit then walked and you can already see her turning/getting tired and you've got that dialogue with AJ and this just makes no sense by that point it was over she was already turning.

Pretty much.

@Saltyliquorice Edit: Also, how didn't Minerva blow up when she dropped the grenade?

Yeah, I thought that's how she'd die too for a second.
    Uh, from what I understand, she still technically threw it, just at the wrong angle.

@Cleminator93 I wanted Clementine to be Determant but apparently TTG Skybound We’re messing with our heads.

Yeah, you'd think with this being the Last one, they'd go all out.

@Poogers555 fuck me fellas

Damn, what did you do?

@VengefulKenny Wow really? Lmao and everyone was saying how Lilly's episode 4 death would be so much more satisfying.... I'm so glad I killed her and that there aren't any more crazy raiders who know where we live

Uh, apparently/obviously, Abel had to get approval from their superiors in order to even investigate the area, so it's possible.

You know, if they bother to follow up on that area and/or don't truly get fucked up by the other side anyway. :tongue:

@Poogers555 Clem thing bothers me, feels undeserving that she gets a happy ending no matter what, but at the same time writing is so shitty she would have died because of Minnie running in a crowd of walkers shooting a gun and then stabbing Clem's leg leading to her being bit because the walkers just ignored her for some reason.

I mean, when you put it like THAT... :lol:

@AronDracula I just finished the game right now. I got the best ending, Louis lives, Violet apologized and Clementine lives as well.

Sounds about right.

The McCaroll Ranch flashback was so underwhelming. Clem somehow got a horse when last time, she was walking on foot to the destination. The ranch just got attacked out of nowhere and I was forced to kill people who were either defending themselves or just bandits. Clem mentioned she isn't coming back to Richmond because that place was in a war zone? That's why she refused to return to someone who took over a community and trusted her?

Yeah, I was wondering, what's that horse's story?
    Hell, what was the horse's NAME?

Minnie was the worst part of this episode, I told you Minnie was an irredeemable piece of garbage. It was so satisfying to see her getting bitten and eaten by walkers but I really hated how the walkers were just ignoring her until she approached and attacked Clem and the others. She wasn't even covered in walker blood from what I remember.

Eh, she was already that in the previous episode and was barely in this one, so I honestly haven't rated her either way.

I couldn't care much for Tenn. I think Telltale wasted their time on making this character because he didn't have any development, he was more of a plot device and I could care less if he wanted to have the same fate as his sisters. I'm glad AJ shot him so Louis could escape. And of course I shot him as a walker, I couldn't let him hurt anybody else.

Tenn was clearly stated and intended to be a main character that was integral to the plot originally, but that obviously changed after the current team moved in.

I couldn't care much for the other kids except Louis and Violet (Why did they kill Mitch again? Willy didn't do anything in Episode 4).

I mean, there was episode 3.
    But really dude, who did ANYTHING in this one?

Here is my ranking of all the seasons:
    1. Season 1
    2. Season 2
    3. The Final Season
    4. A New Frontier

Obviously.

@Poogers555 My problem with the game ending with AJ was that Clem wasnt there with him.

I predicted a while ago the game was going to end with us playing as AJ and putting the collectibles down and inspecting them, but I was also expecting that to be if Clem was dead. >However Clem isnt dead, shes alive. Why wasnt Clem in the room to reminisce with AJ? Like sorry AJ, but I want to end the game doing stuff with Clem, not you lmao

Yeah, I thought about that the moment the sequence started.
    Hell, the final action is putting down her hat.

I want to start off by saying thank you to Skybound and the former Telltale crew for finishing The Final Season! That being said my thoughts

• edited March 2019

Idk, about what I said about AJ putting the collectibles down.

When I originally said that, I had a prediction AJ would do it because Clem would be dead, and after we place them we then end the game. And thats semi right. My main issue is just Clem isnt dead. Like she should have been in the room with AJ, and each time we place something down or look at something, she also makes a comment. Seems weird as shit to have it so AJ is alone doing this instead of with Clem seeing as she isnt dead.

DabigRG posted: »

The James stuff was ok I guess, pretty lame he just "sacrificed" himself though, especially after it looked like Clem finally changed his mi

1. Done Running--Best in a While
    2. Suffer the Children--Good, but could've been better/integral
    3. Take Us Back--Yep, that ended
    4. Broken Toys--What happened here
    AronDracula posted: »

How would you rank the episodes of this season? Here is mine": * Episode 2 * Episode 1 * Episode 3 * Episode 4

• Oh shoot, when you put it like that.... :joy:

@The only time he doesnt is in ep 4 when he shoots Tenn, but he ONLY does that based on that ONE choice that just happened 15 minutes ago.

Hello, Season 2.

@AronDracula Can we just take a moment and discuss why the fuck did they bring Eddie, a 400 Days characters, back in this season? That was nothing but unnecessary fanservice. The problem is that they gave him a conclusion and not Christa.

Because he needed to be shot, I guess.

I think we should be okay to say that Christa died in Season 2 no matter what you did.

Eh, not necessarily.

@KirTyun But as we got closer to the school the feeling that Clem lives got greater and greater. Why? 'Cause any kid acted like normal. And not at all sad. Especially Louis (At least in my playthrough as Louis and Clem were a couple). He wasn't sad at all, for the looks of it.

I assumed there was a fair time skip.

@Poogers555 Also really lame theres no choice of to put James down or not if he died in ep 3.

Why even bring him back as a walker if they arnt going to give a choice to respect what he wanted or not? Seemed like a really easy alternate choice to add in. "Do we put James down, or respect how he would want to remain a walker?" but I guess the writers are actually that bad. (like holy shit I thought that was going to be like an obvious given situation, but I guess not)

Yeah, especially since they were on the otherside of the river and still had Marlon's bow, plus his walker being on it's own in the open.
    I was half expecting it to circle round the block and lead the herd after them again.

@iFoRias Eddie returning was a joke or something apparently

Yeah, I saw that earlier.
    At least they had time to do that sendup, I guess.

@Poogers555 bruh wtf LMAO

Fucking "Budget Machine broke" but they have the time and money to do this? lmao

Also throwback to "We wrote the ending first because we KNEW we had to" and its just Clem gets a fairy tale ending no matter what you do.

Yeah, waitaminute...!

Also the fact Eddie was going to be in S2 but that was cut, and now hes back and just bada-dead.

Was he? I thought he was just a placeholder.

Also if they were bringing back 400 days characters, Abel should have been Nate. They are very much the same and I could easily see Abel in Final Season being Nate.

Uh, no, not really?

@AronDracula Hell, why does 400 Days even exist in the first place? All it did was giving extra dialogues in the first place.

They really intended to do a little more with them, but that plan fell through for the most part.

@Demonarke All in all we are so used to shitty endings in TWD I feel like It's a nice change

I was gonna say ANF, but then I remember most of those endings are some level of bad/lazy.

@Ghetsis Everything ends well, and it's fine as long as there are some setbacks, but when Tenn dies especially, there isn't enough development to really care, perhaps if the AJ and Tenn being best-friends thing was explored more. Maybe after the 2 week time-jump they really get along. Tenn needs to be more involved in the story. This game is so half-baked. Characters, choices, ranch arc, whole damn thing.

Apt enough.

MosesARose posted: »

If they would have just let Clem remain not bitten, it would have been a little more believable how both of them made it out of that barn. B

• I enjoyed this episode. It was thrilling, tense, had some good moments of levity, and I think it ended the series on a somewhat satisfying note.

About the controversial fake out and lack of alternate endings.... yeah that's pretty dissapointing, and it feels weird to be played with like that, but all in all I think this Season overall was great and this episode itself was still flying over ANF quality.
    Personally, I'd put this season just below Season 1 as "best of TWD", then Season 2, then Michonne, then ANF (then the Collection as a bonus listing). It was nice. The writing may have played it too safe in the end, but I kind of wanted a nice ending for a while now, even though it didn't feel deserved by this point.

Eh, I'll write up my full impressions thread soon. I also recorded my playthrough of the final episode w/ some commentary from me, so I should be able to splice recordings together and have it all up by tomorrow. (I used the DVR recording on the PS4 and the best quality Headphones+cord mic I could find so it's not really professional level recording, just something I wanted to do. If it turns out well, good. If not, so be it.)

• I've been wondering that myself, buuuut it also has occurred to me that there's never really been an established maximum time it takes.
    It's easy to assume it's quick since there's always an urgency to it but that's probably just characters playing it safe.
    I think the longest successful amputation is either Clem who, depending on scene transitions was from a few hours to just like 7 or 8 minutes or Connie from the comics who was bit at some point during the Whisper War's 1st battle and wasn't amputated until the end of the battle which might've been awhile.
    On the shortest end for unsuccessful (not counting death from the amputation itself like Morgan or Allen, but strictly the walker infection) there's probably Lee who had the trip from the mansion to the morgue.

I guess Lee's sewer adventure > Clem's Woods Walk

I... Have no idea how she survived that since it took sooo long to cut it off but wow

Sign in to comment in this discussion.