Take Us Back Spoiler Talk

Comments

• I want to start off by saying thank you to Skybound and the former Telltale crew for finishing The Final Season! That being said my thoughts on the episode:

I don't really know what to feel to be honest, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the episode, but it just feels like there was something...missing. I guess I'm still not ready for it to be over. I've spent the past year wanting them to not kill Clementine, but the way they done it was pretty good! I think I would've actually preferred her dying. The James stuff was ok I guess, pretty lame he just "sacrificed" himself though, especially after it looked like Clem finally changed his mind.

I thought the Minnie stuff was great. I was pretty annoyed when I thought they just killed her off in the beginning, so that's probably why I enjoyed it so much, also it gave me Bloody Mary vibes and I fucking loved Bloody Mary. Poor Tenn, Rest in Peace. At least he gets to be with his sisters.

The flashback was pretty underwhelming, but I didn't hate it nor like it. Pissed off that they just glossed over Richmond as being unsafe because it's a war zone. And I didn't even like S3.

AJ was great as always.

7/10

Anyway, I doubt I'm going to be on these forums for much longer. It's been a good run. Thanks for the memories! :smile:

• Best scene of the episode!

That disco broccoli thing at the end tho

• The community: "Clementine dying would be predictable and dumb."

Also the community: "Wow. Clementine didn't die? Way to take the safe route, you assholes."

Bring on the hate, but you all know it's true.

• Sure as hell wasn't me

Making her determinate would have been the better choice.

Keeping her alive is one thing. Doing the whole fakeout is another. The latter is the problem.

ralo229 posted: »

The community: "Clementine dying would be predictable and dumb." Also the community: "Wow. Clementine didn't die? Way to take the safe route, you assholes." Bring on the hate, but you all know it's true.

• I would've been 100% fine with her surviving, if they didn't do a lame cop out and have us think she was dead. Probably even more cliché than Clem actually dying.

The community: "Clementine dying would be predictable and dumb." Also the community: "Wow. Clementine didn't die? Way to take the safe route, you assholes." Bring on the hate, but you all know it's true.

• edited March 2019

I'm glad Clem survives. I did get upset and thought I'd made the wrong choice when I thought she was dying.

Overall I enjoyed the episode but it wasn't the "going out on a high" season finale I expected it to be.
    With all those MIAs at the end of episode 3, I expected several deaths this episode and did not expect absolutely every one of them to make it out of the explosion alive with no real explanation as to how.
    I did not think Tenn would die (the only one that did!) and I'm sad that Minnie didn't get any redemption.
    It looks like Ruby and Aasim got together in the end. That's cute.
    I don't feel like we really needed the ranch cutscene.
    I did like playing as AJ but with this being the final season, I don't think it was needed as this sets it up for another season where we play as AJ...

ROSIE LIVES! YAY! <3

• Not to mentioned they seemed to be innocent people.

Dan10 posted: »

How did AJ even get Clem up? Without a leg and all that bleeding. I guess plot admit runs in the DNA of the child you're protecting like whe

• Agreed.

To be honest I feel salty and a little disgusted by the fakeout. Just lame.

I would've been 100% fine with her surviving, if they didn't do a lame cop out and have us think she was dead. Probably even more cliché than Clem actually dying.

• Honestly, I'm not all that surprised that they did this. If Clem died then people would've been upset. If she made it out unscathed people would've been upset. The fact that they pulled a bait and switch at the end clearly shows how polarized the fanbase is at this point.

Dan10 posted: »

Agreed. To be honest I feel salty and a little disgusted by the fakeout. Just lame.

• edited March 2019

So i finished it right now,ok so there's two huge issues that i have and i think that just ruined the episode (it was still a nice episode)

Clem gets bit,then she walks for like hours or whatever and then get to the barn then she dies but not really ? Because she's alive at the end ? What the fuck was that ?

You get bit if you don't cut it in the next 5 minutes or less you're fucked this makes NO SENSE they completely fucked up,and then they expect me to believe AJ got out of that barn full of walkers somehow after cutting her leg ??????

And the second problem is just how they ended the episode when you play as AJ and then walk into the "Still not bitten" hall with all the guys who worked on it and then at the end "thank you for playing" wow just wow great way to end the series guys lmao

The atmosphere in the ranch flashback was nice i guess yeah it was just a bunch of raiders who attacked it i think we all expected that at this point,overall my thoughts on it,nice episode terrible ending.

• edited March 2019

I really loved the episode! It's up there with one of the best episodes in my opinion. When Clem got bit I didn't tear up, I felt like absolute shit though like a punch in the gut. But when they do the fucking fake out I fucking cried like you would not believe holy shit. My chest actually started to hurt by the end of it. And I was totally ready for the switch AJ too! The 'passing of the torch' moment was just amazingly done. My only problem I have with it is that I think the axe scene should have happened a bit sooner.

Another thing I need to gush about. The McCarrol Ranch flashback was fucking GREAT. Haunting as hell and it's nice to know Clem wasn't the one who caused all that mayhem. It also seems like Richmond fell soon after Clem left which is disappointing. Also WAS THAT MAH BOY EDDIE WHOSE BRAINS I SPRAYED EVERYWHERE?!

Overall as a season, it's fantastic! It almost beats the first season for me not gonna lie, but my rose tinted glasses refuse to let it take the throne as best of the series. Do I have some problems with it? Absolutely! Omar, Aasim, Tenn, and Mitch needed more character development, Lilly needed waaayy more screentime than she got, there weren't as many big determinant choices as I would have liked, and a few other complaints I can't think of right now, but the good FAAAAR outweigh the bad for me.

It's sad to see my favourite badass Clementine go but it's nice to know she got the ending I believe she deserves.

• edited March 2019

Clem gets bit,then she walks for like hours or whatever and then get to the barn then she dies but not really? You get bit if you don't cut it in the next 5 minutes or less you're fucked this makes NO SENSE they completely fucked up.

I don't think they really specified how long it took to get to the barn after Clem was bitten though.

iFoRias posted: »

So i finished it right now,ok so there's two huge issues that i have and i think that just ruined the episode (it was still a nice episode)

• Did Clems scar heal at the end? Both Kenny and Wellington don't have her scar when Clems on crutches, did they heal or was it a character model mistake?

• edited March 2019

It took her a long time i remember her getting bit during the night and then she got to the barn and it was daytime or something pretty sure.

Like im pretty sure she got bit then walked and you can already see her turning/getting tired and you've got that dialogue with AJ and this just makes no sense by that point it was over she was already turning.

I just can't believe they did this,and AJ cutting Clem's leg also makes no sense she probably would've died due to losing too much blood.
    AJ cuts her leg Clem is unconscious then what ? Barn is full of walkers what is he gonna do carry Clem on his back ? This is so dumb.

Things like Clem dragging Lee after he passed out at the end of S1 were hard to believe but you didnt really care too much but this is way worse here,this just violates what the comics did,you don't get to do that shit on something like that just to have a character live god dammit man.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Clem gets bit,then she walks for like hours or whatever and then get to the barn then she dies but not really? You get bit if you don't cut

• Well the first season violated that rule as well then. Lee has his hand cut off pretty far into being bitten(he got bitten in the morning and got it cut off during the day), yet throughout the episode he does not show ANY signs of being bit (at the same time, if you do not cut off the arm, he looses consciousness multiple times). If we were true to the comics, Lee would have to deal with both having his arm cut off AND being bitten, cause it was too late. He would not have made it to the roof of the hospital.
    Second thing - Clementine manages to move Lee to the store, AJ saves Clementine. So why did you not care then and care now? Little hypocritical, don`t you think?
    I can imagine AJ dragging Clementine, after distracting walkers. I cannot imagine Clementine dragging a grown man.
    Clementine being weak - you seem to have conveniently forgotten that she was not only bitten on that leg. She was axed by Minnie. She lost some blood. It can all be explained, and it works here much better than it did in season 1 finale.

It took her a long time i remember her getting bit during the night and then she got to the barn and it was daytime or something pretty sure

• He used a jacket or something to stop the bleeding, covered her in walker guts, waited for her to get up again and help her get back home along with the axe as a crutch. The only thing was how she didn't die from the bite. It didn't look like a deep bite and her leg was cut so maybe the infection didn't get to travel far as it was going out through her leg again? I'm not sure on the science behind it but I'm just glad she's alive.

It took her a long time i remember her getting bit during the night and then she got to the barn and it was daytime or something pretty sure

• and it works here much better than it did in season 1 finale.

No it doesnt.

Yes Clem dragging Lee to the store bothered me but the scene after that worked he was bit and he died,here it's just Clem gets bit then dies but she doesn't die because the writers didn't have the balls to kill her off and pulled some shitty deus ex machina to save her.
    So AJ cut her leg (with a weapon covered in WALKER'S BLOOD so that's even worse) then what ? he made it out alive of the barn full of walkers carried Clem on his back ? while she was unconscious or some shit ? No just no stop,it's impossible.

They basically rehashed Lee's death but didn't even have the balls to kill her off like with Lee don't even compare this to the Season 1's finale.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Well the first season violated that rule as well then. Lee has his hand cut off pretty far into being bitten(he got bitten in the morning an

• The reveal at the end had me crying and laughing at the same time. It was powerful as fuck. Even though a large part of the episode was horseshit, I'm glad I played it. And I'm really fucking glad that Clementine's story has a happy ending.

• edited March 2019

Yes it's true, but why let her get bit if she wasn't going to die? The entire end could have been done without her getting bit, and becoming a cripple. When she first opened her boot and I didn't see a bite I actually sighed in relief. That was the only emotional part for me, and they ruined it with a cliche bite scene that they failed to totally commit to.Fact is she would have died from blood loss easily. Just because aj wrapped it up means nothing. He cut through major arteries in her leg, she needs a surgeon at this point. Bleeding wouldn't have just stopped, especially with a home made tourniquet made by a 6 year old. Trust me, I've used tourniquets many times before. At least if she didn't get bit, the writing on the floor that says still not bitten would have made sense.

• I like how you conveniently ignored the first part of my comment, but it`s okay :)
    So yeah, AJ cuts her leg off - he does not CUT her with tainted weapon (that way walker blood would get into her blood stream). He cuts the leg OFF. So walker blood does not gets into the blood stream. Then he uses her clothes to patch her up, at least for a time. Then he distract the walkers (they only need like one opening to get away) and drags her (not necessarily on his back mind you). Or someone finds them. Like I dont know, its not like there is a school full kids that know Clementine and AJ are out here and not looking for them.
    I know that you came into this finale ready to hate it with your guts, and you did. Just like you have been shitting on this season overall. So yeah, I doubt anything I said would convince you, but you ARE making a problem out of nowhere.

and it works here much better than it did in season 1 finale. No it doesnt. Yes Clem dragging Lee to the store bothered me but th

• edited March 2019

This ^^^

You either kill her off or you let her live but dont pull of that shit it's so dumb,they probably didnt want to piss off their fanbase by doing this but it wasn't the way to do it.

I honestly feel so bad for the main characters of this franchise they just can't get a good send-off/conclusion.

First Rick gets seriously injured almost die gets one episode dreaming/hallucinating blows up a fucking bridge but then somehow survive.
    And now they pull off that shit with Clem i'm so done.

Well i'm glad this is the last episode,Clem won't be in some movies or comics so they can milk her character it's just over now good.

MosesARose posted: »

Yes it's true, but why let her get bit if she wasn't going to die? The entire end could have been done without her getting bit, and becoming

• edited March 2019

I don't agree with @iFoRias often, but I sort of have to agree with him on this. I love the fact that Clem has lived through this and is happy. But you have to admit, she didn't necessarily need to get bitten if she was just gonna live through it the way she did. I would rather the cut Minerva gave her be the definitive factor in her living or dying. The bite felt more like an obligation to keep because of all the promotional stuff teasing her death by walker bite prior to that.

I didn't need the bite in that scene and it would've worked so much easier if she had not been bit. Or at the very least made it determinate. If she gets bit, she dies. If she DOESN'T get bit, she can possibly live. That kind of thing.

For me, the good heavily outweighs the bad here, but one cannot overlook the fact that Clem was undeniably on her deathbed in that barn. You'd have to suspend ALOT of disbelief to be perfectly fine with that scene. Just like with Clementine dragging Lee to safety, which is about the only issue in that scene.

I like how you conveniently ignored the first part of my comment, but it`s okay So yeah, AJ cuts her leg off - he does not CUT her with ta

• edited March 2019

Tbh it would've been really dissapointing if Clem would've died in the barn because of that bullshit Minerva bridge scene.

Edit: Also, how didn't Minerva blow up when she dropped the grenade?

• Like I dont know

Yeah "i don't know" either because we all have to make up our own complex reasons again instead of having the game explain us how the hell they got out of there it's really hard to take it seriously.

I didn't came into the final ready to hate it i did the complete opposite.
    And if you actually took the time to read my previous comment you'll see that i thought the episode was nice but the ending was terrible,not just the "clem survive" thing but also the way they ended the episode kinda sucked imo.

I like how you conveniently ignored the first part of my comment, but it`s okay So yeah, AJ cuts her leg off - he does not CUT her with ta

• I wanted Clementine to be Determant but apparently TTG Skybound We’re messing with our heads.

• What the fuck was this, disappointing as shit

• fuck me fellas

• Wow really? Lmao and everyone was saying how Lilly's episode 4 death would be so much more satisfying.... I'm so glad I killed her and that there aren't any more crazy raiders who know where we live

Poogers555 posted: »

I heard Lilly just floats away on a raft or something right? lmao

• Same here, feels like just nothing happened. Clem thing bothers me, feels undeserving that she gets a happy ending no matter what, but at the same time writing is so shitty she would have died because of Minnie running in a crowd of walkers shooting a gun and then stabbing Clem's leg leading to her being bit because the walkers just ignored her for some reason. Shit was just a mess for me. Like I guess Im happy Clem lived because the alternative is her dying a shit death because of trash writers, but damn it doesnt feel like we worked to get that ending at all.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I’m happy Clementine lives. The rest? I don’t know. It just felt rushed. Very underwhelming considering it was the last episode ever. I feel like a whole lot of nothing happened.

• Honestly same, half the time I play the finale episode of a Telltale season even for their mediocre as fuck games my heart still races at least once. I felt jack shit. I was feeling more annoyed because I felt they were either going to do a fake out (which they did) or Clem was really going to die some bootleg season 1 death because of some retard running around in a crowd of walkers yelling and shooting a gun but the walkers just ignore her until after Clem's leg is hurt so she gets bit. Like Jesus I felt nothing at all. (And like I felt the fake out was coming for how fucking fast they were going "CLEM GOES DIE DIE NOW" and the fact we had a fucking axe to cut off the leg but for some reason cant say shit about cutting it off, followed by telling AJ to leave makes him swing the axe, like it was beyond obvious Clem wasnt dead)

Onmens posted: »

I´m not too pleased with the episode either. I felt absolutely nothing during the barn scene. Partly because it was just some season 1 reha

• edited March 2019

Tenn was so forgettable the gang fucking ditched him and didnt even notice he wasnt in the cart lmao.

This is a problem when you only develop fucking 2 characters in your game, it makes it so the best ending is where the 12 year old dies lmao

Also my issue with Clem's fate is she lies no matter what. It feels so unearned, like no matter how you play, Clem gets the happy ending. I would have preferred her to be determinant. (But at the same time who fucking knows, writing is so shitty her death might have been complete ass. Main problem with Clem's fate is how bad the writing is that they were too scared to even kill her off so go with a rehash bait and switch)

Pahn711 posted: »

Let me start by thanking Skybound for committing the resources to finish the season...they didn’t have to do it, so I am grateful. That s

• The Richmond line was annoying. Its just placed in there to explain why Clem didnt go back, but then its just "ok what the fuck?" just a throw away line to explain some reason why she didnt go back by doing bare minimum.

I want to start off by saying thank you to Skybound and the former Telltale crew for finishing The Final Season! That being said my thoughts

• Problem is she should have been determinant. Its dumb Clem lives and gets the happy ending no matter what you do the whole game, its even worst to do the whole fake out shit no matter what happens as well.

It just doesnt feel earned. Like wow Clem lives by default, my choices meant nothing because she will always be fine. If she was determinant and would be dead or alive it would have been more rewarding and emotional, but instead its just a fake out and she lives.

• I just finished the game right now. I got the best ending, Louis lives, Violet apologized and Clementine lives as well. I haven't seen the other choices yet but let me share my thoughts. It was...………………….okay? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it didn't end up the same way Season 1 did, at least not in a shitty way and they really got me when Clem was revealed to be alive after getting bit on the leg (However, that just gave us a lot of plot holes) but it was nothing very special about it. It was good but not satisfying.

The McCaroll Ranch flashback was so underwhelming. Clem somehow got a horse when last time, she was walking on foot to the destination. The ranch just got attacked out of nowhere and I was forced to kill people who were either defending themselves or just bandits. Clem mentioned she isn't coming back to Richmond because that place was in a war zone? That's why she refused to return to someone who took over a community and trusted her?

Minnie was the worst part of this episode, I told you Minnie was an irredeemable piece of garbage. It was so satisfying to see her getting bitten and eaten by walkers but I really hated how the walkers were just ignoring her until she approached and attacked Clem and the others. She wasn't even covered in walker blood from what I remember.

James can go fuck himself. I really fucking hated that guy, judging my choices and thought AJ wouldn't be the same. Look what I did, Clementine, AJ, Louis and the others all lived and I have ZERO regrets. I'm glad he left and didn't come back. Nobody needs his stupid judgement.

I couldn't care much for Tenn. I think Telltale wasted their time on making this character because he didn't have any development, he was more of a plot device and I could care less if he wanted to have the same fate as his sisters. I'm glad AJ shot him so Louis could escape. And of course I shot him as a walker, I couldn't let him hurt anybody else.

I still have to look at other choices but overall, this episode was okay. But this is NOT the best TWD game since Season 1. The length should have been longer (Shoulda had 5 episodes instead of 4), Delta is such an underwhelming antagonist (Not even better than Carver) we never even got to know their whole story, Lilly was a complete waste for a returning character and I couldn't care much for the other kids except Louis and Violet (Why did they kill Mitch again? Willy didn't do anything in Episode 4). This whole season was okay, it was definitely better than A New Frontier, I'm happy for Skybound Games to rehire the original to finish the whole season and not leave it in a cliffhanger but it doesn't say much and could have been done much better since it's the last time we see Clementine. Everything is done now, Telltale is gone, Clementine's story was finished and I doubt there was going to be a good way to revive The Walking Dead franchise as a whole. TV Show became boring, no other game devs managed to make TWD games just as good as Telltale (Overkill and Survival Instinct) and the comic book (I haven't read them) is coming to a closure sooner or later since Robert Kirkman confirmed he created an ending for it already. Clementine brought me to this franchise to begin with and my love for it ends here.

Here is my ranking of all the seasons:
    1. Season 1
    2. Season 2
    3. The Final Season
    4. A New Frontier

• My problem with the game ending with AJ was that Clem wasnt there with him.

I predicted a while ago the game was going to end with us playing as AJ and putting the collectibles down and inspecting them, but I was also expecting that to be if Clem was dead. However Clem isnt dead, shes alive. Why wasnt Clem in the room to reminisce with AJ? Like sorry AJ, but I want to end the game doing stuff with Clem, not you lmao

• Only way I can think AJ got Clem out would be if she covered her in guts too, but still its really asking me to suspend my disbelief. Like AJ cuts Clem's leg off without doing anything to stop blood lose, they dont tie her leg, he just chops that shit. And then covers her in the blood, and then would need to somehow drag her out without alerting any walkers by bumping them or anything. Like you see, Clem dragging Lee, its not very believable but I can suspend my disbelief because she dragged him only a few feet. AJ drags Clem out of a barn after cutting her leg off while surrounded by walkers? Way harder to believe that. (which is probs why I keep seeing people thinking the ending is just AJ's dream about Clem not dying or some shit because its so improbable AJ actually could get Clem out like that)

• Lee dies of blood loss if you cut his arm off and they do every precaution to make him loose as little blood as possible. Lee has a tourniquet around his arm when they chop it off and he still dies of blood loss. Clem gets her leg chopped off with an axe, with no tourniquet, and is then dragged by AJ in the woods. Having your leg amputated will lose waaay more blood than if you had your arm chopped off, especially if your arm had a tourniquet when chopping. (Also that axe isnt clean, Clem would most likely get some sort of sickness.)

That being said I dont really care about how illogical it is of how AJ could save Clem, I just find the bait and switch to be lame and boring. Clem really should have been determinant instead of just living no matter what.

• My problem too. Sadly its a problem with the writing team in general. Like Im glad Clem didnt die because she would have died through that dumb shit with Minnie on the bridge which would have been a shitty way for her character to end. But on the other hand it feels lame that Clem lives no matter what.

Honestly I would have made it so she either gets bit and dies or doesnt get bit and lives, and remove the part of Clem gets bit because of Minnie and change it to us saving AJ is what gets us bit.

Tbh it would've been really dissapointing if Clem would've died in the barn because of that bullshit Minerva bridge scene. Edit: Also, how didn't Minerva blow up when she dropped the grenade?

• I actually think having 5 episodes would've fixed most of the problems. Really don't understand why they chose 4.

• Shit budget, Wolf Among Us 2 was suppose to be only 3 episodes.

(honestly thank god Wolf 2 isnt being made, the people at Telltale just dont get it anymore. We'd get a shitty 3 part wolf series with a mystery that wouldnt make sense or would be too predictable)

I actually think having 5 episodes would've fixed most of the problems. Really don't understand why they chose 4.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.