Take Us Back Spoiler Talk

edited March 2019 in The Walking Dead

So, feel free to discuss your thoughts here.

For me, I dont even know how I feel. I feel like nothing really happened.Granted It seems I got the "best ending possible" but to me it felt like nothing was really happening.

For one my biggest complaint is how as expected the Ranch flashback was bad. No explanation of what the hell is even going on, no explanation for why it fucked Clem up so bad. It was just confusing and I didnt make much sense. Just walk up, shits on fire, kill some people who might have been completely innocent, say "Richmond is fucked" and then leave. Really disappointed in that.

The Minnie shit was dumb. Shes running and yelling and shooting a gun off in the crowd of walkers and they dont do shit to her, but then suddenly they decide to bite her after she fucks us up.

I am glad Clem didnt end up dying due to Minnie. I was worried they were actually going to kill Clem this way and it would have been really disappointing. But that also being said, its a bit lame they pussied out and made it so Clem lives no matter what. Not a single ending will she die. Like Im glad she didnt die such a terrible death with the whole bullshit Minnie thing, but 0 major alternate endings? Not to mention James and Lilly underused as expected. (Dont die, but instead just fuck off early on) (Also Im fully expecting everyone to say how great ep 4 was simply because Clem lived no matter what)

Just overall it felt underwhelming. Felt like our goal was already done by the start of the episode with nothing left to do. Just walking around, get bit, rushed af "Clem is dying" fake out thing, flashback thats beyond underwhelming, then as expected Clem didnt actually die. It just feels like nothing happened. Granted Ill still need to see all alternate choices, but right now seems the biggest thing that happens in this episode is going to be the classic swap Louis out Violet, then one of them dies.

Overall it was good, but I would be lying if I said it was satisfying. It just felt off. Not bad, not amazing, just mediocre.

Comments

• So we never got to meet Christa's fate :(
    Also was Crutch!Clem a hallucination? i couldn't tell

• What happens to James if you kill Lilly?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2019

" rushed af "[spoilers redacted]" fake out thing"

That honestly kind of pissed me off. I would've respected the writing a lot more if they had the guts to follow through on that.

On that note, this comment feels like the fitting end to my saga of moderating the Telltale forums.

Peace Out

• Also how are they innocent? they shot at Clem first in the Ranch flashback

• He goes into the cave with you, gets mad, then stays behind and we never hear from him again.

Joshua1991 posted: »

What happens to James if you kill Lilly?

• Did Telltale want us to us to kill Lilly and Joan from A New Frontier? cos they both got the same treatment

Poogers555 posted: »

He goes into the cave with you, gets mad, then stays behind and we never hear from him again.

• edited March 2019

They mention they didnt want them taking any kids. Im assuming its suppose to be the Delta are attacking or some shit and they mistake Clem for a Delta member so they shoot at her, but they werent the bad guys. That being said, the whole flashback is a mess and is not satisfying for how long they kept it secret.

Also how are they innocent? they shot at Clem first in the Ranch flashback

• I heard Lilly just floats away on a raft or something right? lmao

Did Telltale want us to us to kill Lilly and Joan from A New Frontier? cos they both got the same treatment

• Yeah. But it's still better than Joan randomly disappearing on us like a Ghost. Did they want us to kill them?

Poogers555 posted: »

I heard Lilly just floats away on a raft or something right? lmao

• Also it's fucked up to Christa that we didn't meet her fate. Annoys the shit out of me.

• I’m happy Clementine lives. The rest? I don’t know. It just felt rushed. Very underwhelming considering it was the last episode ever. I feel like a whole lot of nothing happened.

• They should have split the finale in two parts. Part 1 of what we got and then Part 2 we fight The Delta. They're still out there.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I’m happy Clementine lives. The rest? I don’t know. It just felt rushed. Very underwhelming considering it was the last episode ever. I feel like a whole lot of nothing happened.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2019

"They should have split the finale in two parts. Part 1 of what we got and then Part 2 we fight The Delta. They're still out there."

okay i lied, one more comment

That didn't exactly work out well for Telltale when they tried to hand-wave away the one month delay for New Frontier as "we split the premiere into two parts", which resulted in endless forum complaints (even though they literally never did that and they only renamed the original episode 2 into "ep 1 part 2" - awkward marketing from Kevin Bruner).

They should have split the finale in two parts. Part 1 of what we got and then Part 2 we fight The Delta. They're still out there.

• I noticed that too about the ranch. there was no explanation for what happened just that she rescued him. there was no explanation for what happened to tenn either. I got the best ending though. that's all I wanted.

• Do you think they had us playing as AJ to test the waters? I mean i liked playing as him.

"They should have split the finale in two parts. Part 1 of what we got and then Part 2 we fight The Delta. They're still out there."

• He stays behind to fight off walkers so you can escape, and starts dual-wielding knives. O_O

What happens to James if you kill Lilly?

• okay i lied, yet another comment

If there is a God and if he is merciful, Telltale's The Walking Dead will stay dead.

Do you think they had us playing as AJ to test the waters? I mean i liked playing as him.

• So...Clem just lives no matter what? I saw people on Twitter saying that she can die? Are there any endings with even the slightest of variations?

How does Louis/Violet die?

• edited March 2019

Tenn doesn’t want to leave Minnie after the walkers started eating her on the bridge, and they can die the same way if nothing is done while they’re trying and failing to pull him away.

• I wanna know too. Can Clem really die?

AnimalBoy posted: »

So...Clem just lives no matter what? I saw people on Twitter saying that she can die? Are there any endings with even the slightest of variations? How does Louis/Violet die?

• Pretty sure both her and AJ live no matter what.

• I really wished they had the balls to kill off Clementine. Giving her plot armor till the very end is poor writing

The_Duck posted: »

Pretty sure both her and AJ live no matter what.

• I just wish it had been determinant. Our choices once again basically meant nothing.

I really wished they had the balls to kill off Clementine. Giving her plot armor till the very end is poor writing

• i'm thankful Skybound finished the series but we should have had all endings like Season 2

I just wish it had been determinant. Our choices once again basically meant nothing.

• Also how is AJ really going to learn how to survive with Clem still babysitting him?

• somebody help me i keep breaking my promises

Clem has some top class plot armor I'll say that much lmao

• edited March 2019

Mind tellin. Me what you have to do to keep them alive? (if you know)

Thanks.

Tenn doesn’t want to leave Minnie after the walkers started eating her on the bridge, and they can die the same way if nothing is done while they’re trying and failing to pull him away.

• Tell AJ you trust him to make the hard calls in the cave.

• edited March 2019

I liked the scene on the Bridge with Minnie. Just how she looked with the blood and carrying the axe reminded me of Bloody Mary in the Finale of The Wolf Among Us. Real Creepy.

• In the barn we see Clem's eyes purple meaning infection spread over her whole body. Can someone therefore explain how amputation worked?

• Plot Armor baby!

Razer531 posted: »

In the barn we see Clem's eyes purple meaning infection spread over her whole body. Can someone therefore explain how amputation worked?

• Please look below for an accurate and concise explanation:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✲゚。⋆

Razer531 posted: »

In the barn we see Clem's eyes purple meaning infection spread over her whole body. Can someone therefore explain how amputation worked?

• I'm confused about that though. Minnie was bit already so why did the walkers bite her again on the brigde?! didn't she get bit like 3 times?

patrickrc95 posted: »

I liked the scene on the Bridge with Minnie. Just how she looked with the blood and carrying the axe reminded me of Bloody Mary in the Finale of The Wolf Among Us. Real Creepy.

• Was the guy at the Ranch Eddie from 400 days?

• A Big Mac is just as tasty the fourth time you bite it.

• Clem firing the gun drew the walkers towards her and blew her cover. Minnie wasn't fully turned just yet.

I'm confused about that though. Minnie was bit already so why did the walkers bite her again on the brigde?! didn't she get bit like 3 times?

• So Lillly just floats away on some kind of boat or something?

At least James (Seemingly) dies for you.

• A Whopper >

A Big Mac is just as tasty the fourth time you bite it.

• I thought the devs or writers said no determinant characters would die unless we personally killed them? James is too awesome to die there.

AnimalBoy posted: »

So Lillly just floats away on some kind of boat or something? At least James (Seemingly) dies for you.

• I wish I would have trusted AJ I would have preferred Tenn dying instead of Louis

Sign in to comment in this discussion.