The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    how do you get it if it was real

Right here.
    That's totally a like to get episode 306 and not the sample link.
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Right here.
    That's totally a like to get episode 306 and not the sample link.

that link was just the character of telltale texas hold'em and guybrush dancing
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    that link was just the character of telltale texas hold'em and guybrush dancing

That's the joke.
  • edited October 2010
    Someone should really get Seibert a sarcasm meter.
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Someone should really get Seibert a sarcasm meter.

I'll look into that. But, I may have to borrow it from Batman, and he's still mad at me for making fun of "Batman and Robin." Like ANYBODY could lie about that movie being bad.

But, going back on topic... SOMEONE DO A FLINT VS. SUPERBALL FIGHT ALREADY!
  • edited October 2010
    The world, no, reality is not ready for that.
  • edited October 2010
    Not exactly "soft and marketable" but I hope everyone on here finds this next piece adorably sweet nonetheless.

snm__piggyback_ride_by_queen_of_the_lobster-d2zyiap.jpg

Like I've said before, Skunkape and Papierwaite would be such adorable parents, and Sammun-Mak is their adopted child. No question about it.
  • edited October 2010
    I can't believe it. I explained the joke in my post and Seibert still didn't get it.

wut.
  • edited October 2010
    *sigh* Even if it's expected it's still sad when a pic of yours that you worked hard on goes mostly unnoticed.

@queen: Daww...why's Sammun-Mak wearing pants?
  • edited October 2010
    @SunnyGuy: He's not. He's just wearing his usual regal undergarments and he has his royal anklets around his legs. I think it just looks like he's wearing pants.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I can't say that I see a line that tells where his underwear ends though.
  • edited October 2010
    It's for the different shading
  • edited October 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    It's for the different shading

Actually, the different shading is just eraser smear. That line is just the waistband that Sammun-Mak has for his regal loincloth. Not pants.

Also, it's great to have the Legendary Ginny herself commenting on my piece! What did you think of it, exactly.
  • edited October 2010
    I love that picture...

Everyone! MORE SOFT AND MARKETABLE VERSIONS OF CHARACTERS! MORE ADORABLE FANART! CHOP CHOP!

The funny thing is, at the time, I totally hated that goddam Sammun-Mak during my first playthrough. But now that I know he's evil, and it's totally okay for me to hate him, since I get to stab him in the brain later, he's become one of my favourite characters. He's so adorable. :p
  • edited October 2010
    Strange how things work, isn't it? I loved how much of a brat Sammun-Mak was in the beginning, but not so much while trying to curry his favor. All he did was declare things horrible or wonderful, up until the end. I wabred to see him abuse his power more.
  • edited October 2010
    I would've liked to see him actually being a real tyrant, instead of just a spoiled brat, true...
  • edited October 2010
    Also, it's great to have the Legendary Ginny herself commenting on my piece! What did you think of it, exactly.

Just because I have thread tags doesn't mean I'm legendary. I just have like 10 years of practice.

And, by the way, I really like the drawing. I just hope the shading wasn't that dirty. Try to take a bit of more time in the drawing or ink it. With a Roller or something. That should help.
  • edited October 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Just because I have thread tags doesn't mean I'm legendary. I just have like 10 years of practice.

And, by the way, I really like the drawing. I just hope the shading wasn't that dirty. Try to take a bit of more time in the drawing or ink it. With a Roller or something. That should help.

Plenty of legends have ten years of practice! Besides, when you're famous for your style, you're famous for your style.

Thanks again for the tip. Most of the stuff I put up is from my sketchbook, but I'll be putting up some nicer pieces soon. The sketchbook stuff is more to see how well some of my sense of humor is receives here, in any case. But I will be putting up more professionally done stuff in the future!

Also, did somebody say [strike]BIRTHDAY[/strike] SOFT AND MARKETABLE AND ADORBALE FANART?

snm__soft__marketable__human_by_queen_of_the_lobster-d3012dw.jpg

Sorry again for the other pictures showing through the pages. I scanned this a while ago, and I draw on both sides of the page. In any case, here's Young Sam, Young Max, Bluster Blaster, and Young Girl Stinky.

Also, Distracted-doodler from deviantArt did Bluster Blaster in space...based on my design for his human form. I really liked that.
  • edited October 2010
    Lets keep the soft and marketableness going!

playtime_at_the_park__by_thesunnyguy-d301j20.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Playtime-at-the-park-181469880
    Please ignore the quickly and crappily drawn background which only purpose was to make the pic not look empty.

I made this one pretty quickly to be honest, so I'm sure there must be problems with the pose, anatomy and stuff. This is one of those cases where I thought an idea was just adorable and HAD to draw it :laughing:

For extra "dawwwwww" imagine his father is the one throwing the disc.
  • edited October 2010
    :D Sho kyoot
  • edited October 2010
    sam_test_1_by_relentless666-d301sr2.png

This one turned out pretty good, so I thought I should share it.
  • edited October 2010
    (thumbs up for all the young versions in the thread)

(And the humanisation)

(And also the demonic tea party)
  • edited October 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    (thumbs up for all the young versions in the thread)

(And the humanisation)

(And also the demonic tea party)

Man! Those thumbs go way back! :D And thanks!
  • edited October 2010
    Nice work Spadge!
  • edited October 2010
    here's one that was inspired by "They Stole Max's Brain"

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/174/0/9/They_Stole_Brains_by_pheeph.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    pheeph wrote: »

at least her brain is less whiny than
    sammun-maks brain
    (303 spoilers)
  • edited October 2010

When I read the mad scientist bit, I instantly thought:

SonicRobotnikMax1.png

Edit: If Max and Bosco became partners, I think we'd be seeing stuff like this. :D
  • edited October 2010

Lol! If Daisy's voice were taken from Mario Party 8, it would somehow be even MORE annoying than Sammun-Mak!
  • edited October 2010
    SamandMaxSuprisePoster.png

Not really fanart, but a picture I made in gmod

Yes, surprise is spelled incorrectly on purpose, it's how it was spelled in the original.
  • edited October 2010
    I...don't know what to say about that Sam.

Anyways, updated a previous pic, opinions and criticism needed.
    now_something_for_the_fangirls_by_thesunnyguy-d2zw2yj.png

And now to catch at least an hour of sleep.
  • edited October 2010
    @SunnyGuy: My first thought was: "Sam's turning into the Old Spice Guy!"
    Hilarious.
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    snm___childhood_memories_by_thesunnyguy-d30844o.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/SnM-Childhood-Memories-181777128
    What can I say, I liked that other picture so much that I decided to redo it by hand (instead of drawing it with my laptop's touchpad again) with more effort while adding more to it.

This is supposed to be like the page of a photo album. In the first pic it's kid Sam catching a disc again. In the other one he's at the beach swimming with Max when a small accident happens :laughing: Originally Max was stealing the swimsuit but I couldn't get it to look right, an alternate idea was that same thing with the two of them running along the shore instead of swimming but I couldn't get that to look right either.
    Hilarious.

I'll be honest and say that I have no idea what you're saying, but if you found it hilarious then I'm happy :p

Indeed it is a bad idea XD

Still looking for comments on the other pic btw, mostly from people that can actually shade and can tell me how to shade it properly.
  • edited October 2010
    sammaxMIB.jpg
    They are ready to kick some gigant space gorilla butt...
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I'll be honest and say that I have no idea what you're saying, but if you found it hilarious then I'm happy :p

This should explain everything. Enjoy. :D:D
  • edited October 2010
    Ooooooooh, THAT guy...Monocle smile Sam HAS to be done now XD

@Viku: Yep, they sure are. Nice to see you followed Ginny's advice.
  • edited October 2010

Hello, Ladies!

Look at your dogs. Now back to me. Now back at your dogs. Now back to me.

Sadly, they don't act like me. But, if they stopped chewing rubber bones and started chewing the REAL bones from criminals' legs, they could seem like me.

Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're in a DeSoto! With the dog your dogs could seem like.

What's that in your hand? Back to me. I have it. It's a Big Gun from that game you like. Look again. The Big Gun is now a Luger. Anything is possible when you're a 6 foot tall anthropomorphic dog and not a wuss. I'm on a Lagomorph.
    (background reads: Act like a dog, dog)
    (doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo)
  • edited October 2010
    snm___haging_max_earrings_by_ginny_n-d3094ss.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Hello, Ladies!

Look at your dogs. Now back to me. Now back at your dogs. Now back to me.

Sadly, they don't act like me. But, if they stopped chewing rubber bones and started chewing the REAL bones from criminals' legs, they could seem like me.

Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're in a DeSoto! With the dog your dogs could seem like.

What's that in your hand? Back to me. I have it. It's a Big Gun from that game you like. Look again. The Big Gun is now a Luger. Anything is possible when you're a 6 foot tall anthropomorphic dog and not a wuss. I'm on a Lagomorph.
    (background reads: Act like a dog, dog)
    (doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo)

XD I almost literall lol'd when I read that.
  • edited October 2010
    nintendo3dsm.jpg
    I don't know if you can call this a fanart but there it is!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.