The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Still working on this one. It's going to take a while, methinks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2313&stc=1&d=1296190900
  • edited January 2011
    Still working on this one. It's going to take a while, methinks.

Should be worth it. Aside from Max's torso being a little tall, this is shaping up to be a nice piece of work. :)

Is it me, or did this thread get... quiet? Did I do something wrong, or...?

EDIT : ALSO. Sorry about the delay on the next page. Should be coming out in the next day or so. Too many tricky poses. :/
  • edited January 2011
    Looking good divisionten, but as 1nky said you draw Max too tall. Honestly though, I just associate that with your style anyways =P
    1nky wrote: »
    Is it me, or did this thread get... quiet? Did I do something wrong, or...?

I blame life, school, the government, aliens, or something.

I'm doing something that kinda fits here though, so I'll post something soon.
  • edited January 2011
    So while trying a different kind of nib I ended up inking that Noir Sam anyways.
    gritty.jpg

This one's inking is different or tries to be, it's less clean, looser, and more "gritty". The style is more mine and less purcellesque than what I'm doing these days. Anyway, it's just a small, quick thing.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2011
    So, I had a weird idea - fanfic-based idea.

Essentially, it involved Sam being turned into a nonmorphic Irish wolfhound (because the mad scientist villain-of-the-week microchipped him). It tends to happen every night, and Max is pretty much oblivious, until Sam's behaviour changes - he seems more tired, a bit more irritable, and prone to growling or whining more frequently. So, Max tries to figure this one out on his own. (Sam's sealed his chops.)

Unfortunately, walking around in the same room aimlessly doesn't constitute for anything productive, so he follows Sam out one night, instead. Villain-of-the-week upgrades the microchip, which controls Sam into making him an attack dog. Max asks why the transformation is necessary, and the villain retorts that the dog's aim with a gun sucks. (Max agrees wholeheartedly)

Anyway, nice big final battle, in which Sam shoots the device controlling him out of said villain's hand, after being thrown up against a wall and breaking the chip in the process. (Max comments on his marksmanship, with Sam admitting he was aiming at the lagomorph after the 'sucky aim' remark - Max was being held at throttle-point by the scientist at that stage.)

IMG_0001.png

As you can probably guess, Sam hates being a quadruped. He can't speak, he can't drive, can't shoot, and the immunity to chocolate he's spent years building up has degenerated significantly. Turns out alright in the end, of course. (Obligatory 'Glad that's over' hug)

Oh man! This reminds me of...

samdog.jpg

We started working on a "third, never before seen ending!" to the Devil's Playhouse, based on the Silent Hill 2 Dog Ending, as an easter egg on the DVD, where Sam turns into a dog at the controls in the clone chamber, then Max comes in and falls to his knees and says "so it was all your work!" in Japanese... but ran out of time. :( We didn't even get started beyond combining Sam and Franklin into a single character model.
  • edited January 2011
    :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    So while trying a different kind of nib I ended up inking that Noir Sam anyways.
    gritty.jpg

This one's inking is different or tries to be, it's less clean, looser, and more "gritty". The style is more mine and less purcellesque than what I'm doing these days. Anyway, it's just a small, quick thing.

I'd say something about it but its awesomeness left me without words.

Jake wrote: »

samdog.jpg

We started working on a "third, never before seen ending!" to the Devil's Playhouse, based on the Silent Hill 2 Dog Ending, as an easter egg on the DVD, where Sam turns into a dog at the controls in the clone chamber, then Max comes in and falls to his knees and says "so it was all your work!" in Japanese... but ran out of time. :( We didn't even get started beyond combining Sam and Franklin into a single character model.

I...I...I...I don't even know what to say about that other than I wish it could've been finished. Honestly, I can't look at that picture without laughing XD
  • edited January 2011
    My mind has been blown. From both NoirSam and SH2Sam. I think I need to dunk my head in cold water now.
  • edited January 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Looking good divisionten, but as 1nky said you draw Max too tall. Honestly though, I just associate that with your style anyways =P

In this case, though, it's very, very deliberate. I'm trying to make it look like a tokidoki design- they're an Italian subcompany of LeSportSac that makes superflat (a Japanese art movement) inspired purses.

The whole page is going to be filled with crap, then colored.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks Jake! That image creeped the hell outa me D:
  • edited January 2011

samdog.jpg

One: How about releasing it as a machinima piece of Telltale's website. It would spoil virtually nothing about "The Devil's Playhouse"

Two: Great work Jake! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your artwork on here, and get your friends to put some stuff up too! Thanks again for your contribution!
  • edited January 2011
    The last 3 pages of this thread left me in total awe.
  • edited January 2011

*Aggro.jpeg*

It works, though. That is a very angry Noir!Sam. I love how you've done the eyes and the rougher shading - it's just way more threatening. o_o Great job.

*WHATTHEHELL.jpeg*

tumblr_l827ent9Kp1qz9xzro1_400.gif

(Honestly, I don't know whether I should be screaming in terror, or laughing my ass off. He looks like a The Dog™ figure with those proportions. I wish you guys had finished that 'secret ending,' - it would have been awesome. XD )
  • edited January 2011

samdog.jpg

ahah oh jesus, I can't stop laughing
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry this took a while. So... page 3.

Page3.png

This killed me, and there isn't even anything significant going on. It's the poses, I think, and the fact this is more of a transitional page more than anything.

Please excuse the wonky perspective in panel 4. :P

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • edited January 2011
    Other than mentioning that the art is still great as usual, I must say that I loved the "your dialogue bubble's covering up my adorable ears" line XD
  • edited January 2011
    I dunno what else to say only that is smart, sharp and funny. It's dacent!
  • edited January 2011
    So, does this count as fanart? :P

dog_practice_by_thesunnyguy-d38az4b.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Dog-practice-195347531

Yeah, I still suck at drawing dogs but I'm getting better at least.
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry this took a while. So... page 3.

(awesome comic page

This killed me, and there isn't even anything significant going on. It's the poses, I think, and the fact this is more of a transitional page more than anything.

Please excuse the wonky perspective in panel 4. :P

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Nice. Very nice. Welcome back to the days of "Your speech bubble is obscuring my vision"
  • edited January 2011
    Moar
  • edited January 2011
    @1nky: I <3 Sam adjustingg his hat in panel 4! Nice touch!
  • edited January 2011
    Another one of those pics made during the holidays that I don't have time to ink right now. Maybe later? Anyway.
    shorts.jpg

Sam attempting to blend into the clones crowd by trying on some diminute golden shorts.

Most awesome idea ever, Y/N?
  • edited January 2011
    For the sake of real Sam putting on Golden Wonders, then yes.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, I've had enough of stalking. Just popping in to say there is some absolutely amazing art shown here. You should all give yourselves a round of applause.
  • edited January 2011
    Well thank you :)
    Another one of those pics made during the holidays that I don't have time to ink right now. Maybe later? Anyway.

http://www.crfh.net/other/shorts.jpg

Sam attempting to blend into the clones crowd by trying on some diminute golden shorts.

Y

This one needs to be inked AND colored if you asked me, it's too great not too :D
  • edited January 2011
    @crfh That is just hilarious! I had to look that up on YouTube since on the PS3 you can't get the shorts. It's totally ironic that Max is laughing at Sam since Max is always nude to begin with :p

Here's something to consider; A Smooth Something or Other
    I posted it on my DA account but I figured I'd share the love here on the TTG forums as well :)

a_smooth_something_or_other_by_gohaku2-d38d86a.jpg
  • edited January 2011

*PFFFFFT.jpeg*

Y! Y!!

I always felt terrible for Sam in this scene. And then I'd just laugh. I love how you've drawn Max giggling there, the unsympathetic b*stard - and poor old embarrassed Sam. Can't wait to see this inked!

@SunnyGuy and Gohaku - I've commented on both your respective pieces on deviantART. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Y! Y!!

I always felt terrible for Sam in this scene. And then I'd just laugh. I love how you've drawn Max giggling there, the unsympathetic b*stard - and poor old embarrassed Sam. Can't wait to see this inked!

ahah I think the same way :D
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Here's something to consider; A Smooth Something or Other
    I posted it on my DA account but I figured I'd share the love here on the TTG forums as well :)

Sam Jackson

You've been hit by
    You been struck by
    A smooth Freelancer
  • edited January 2011
    you've been hit by
    you been struck by
    a smooth freelancer

So, Max are you okay? Max are you okay? Are you okay Maxy? :D
  • edited January 2011
    I now request Sam with a tommy-gun ala the Smooth Criminal music video. Cause nothing says badass like Sam with a tommy-gun.
  • edited January 2011
    Haha, thank you... yeah, poor Sam. I think the most hilarious thing about that scene is how they both look at the shorts on the ground, and Sam shakes his head like saying NOOOO and Max just nods enthusiastically like saying YES!
    :cool:

Sam with a tommy-gun, huh? Don't tempt me.

Say, it is the 100th page already??? :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    It is indeed. o_o

Can't talk. Sleepy.

Page4.png
  • edited January 2011
    Ooooh can't wait for the next page :D
    Keep it up, it's going awesome so far!
  • edited January 2011
    Stunning as the previous three.
  • edited January 2011
    Argh, the suspense is killing me! :O
  • edited January 2011
    Normally, I usually put up urls instead of pics because these are crossover comics... but I'll show this for once...
    good_pass_bad_catch_by_pheeph-d38gc6s.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Is Sam being stalked by a Heartless? XD Give him the keyblade!

Great page 1nky. I'm really in suspense now!
  • edited January 2011
    Is Sam being stalked by a Heartless? XD Give him the keyblade!

Great page 1nky. I'm really in suspense now!
  • edited January 2011
    It is indeed. o_o

Can't talk. Sleepy.

I must say, I'm enjoying your comic, nice the story so far and I like the way you draw, good job! waiting for the next pages!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.