The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I... love you.
  • edited March 2011
    Wow, a lot of awesome drawings in here on the past few pages! I'm loving the Fallout mash-ups too, you guys got me itching to do a new Sam and Max drawing now.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    SYBIL PONY! YAY!!

...I love how this thread keeps going and going. One day, we'll even have more pages than the ToMI art thread.
  • edited March 2011
    Sybil and ol' Abe as ponies are the cutest thing ever! :3

Here, have that weird Flint Paper, who seems to be a mash of the comic and TTG version.

flintpaper3.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Hey. Hey you should probably draw more of Flint. Yeeaaah.
  • edited March 2011
    @Everything that I already commented on DA: Too lazy to type that again, so imagine I bothered to copy paste my comments from DA to here or something x_X

@greenheadphones: I look forward to seeing that cominc finished :D

@Cheri: Oh god, Abe and Sybil actually look like a cute couple in pony form.

@crfh: Really good Flint, like Cheri says, you should draw him more often :D
  • edited March 2011
    Bonus pony doodle

WHYDOIEVENPUTUPWITHYOUGEEZ.png?t=1301522458

I really should do a height chart, I don't think Ponywaite is short enough.
  • edited March 2011
    @crfh-I never really see many fanarts of Flint Paper often, so it really is a treat seeing it. You did great! :)

@cheri-KEEP UP THOSE PONIES. I LOVE THEM.

@1nky-great sketch-dump! I love it! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Okay, Sybil is my new favorite pony of the bunch, hands down.
  • edited March 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    sybil and ol' abe as ponies are the cutest thing ever! :3

here, have that weird flint paper, who seems to be a mash of the comic and ttg version.

ohgod that is deliciously drawn i must tell you this.
  • edited March 2011
    Just finished this up last night, worked at 11x17 so I can make prints of it.

5578040286_05dcf72602_b.jpgMax by boccideathball, on Flickr
  • edited March 2011
    Thank you so very much, guys :D Flint Paper's actually part of a bigger picture that includes Sam and Max. More on that, later...

@bocci : great textures and linework! but the "bent paper" thing in the middle of Max is sort of distracting.
  • edited March 2011
    thanks, I was on the fence about whether to leave it like that, but I like it as a subtle nod to growing up with the comics, folded pages and whatnot.
  • edited March 2011
    I hesitate to recommend this, but it might actually look interesting if you completely crumpled it and unfolded it. (Of course, if it doesn't, then you've destroyed your art! So maybe try on a copy first! :))
  • edited March 2011
    This 2-page comic was something I did in October of last year... Sam and Max encounter a Witch...
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/A-Witch-pg-1-183806391
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/A-Witch-pg-2-183809362
  • edited April 2011
    L4D and Sam and Max. An unholy marriage o.O :D

Pick one, folks. Aaaw or D'oh?
  • edited April 2011
    ...I haven't been on the forums at all for a while. And then I come back on to check out the new fanart. AND I SEE PONIES?!

(The ponies are awesome, it's just...I wasn't expecting them.)
  • edited April 2011
    Sam and Max should teach you to expect just about anything. :)
  • edited April 2011
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Sam and Max should teach you to expect just about anything. :)

...no.

(...ponies...?)
  • edited April 2011
    why ponies anyway?
    there's nothing cool about ponies
  • edited April 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    why ponies anyway?
    there's nothing cool about ponies

Finally someone I can relate to.

Not saying your art is bad, just that it's unappealing. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Well, considering the feedback has been less than positive by a majority, I shall take my leave of the fanart forums.
  • edited April 2011
    ...What majority?
  • edited April 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I luv the ponies!! :(
  • edited April 2011
    Saaaaaaaam?

fluffybunny.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Cheri wrote: »
    Well, considering the feedback has been less than positive by a majority, I shall take my leave of the fanart forums.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, you ain't goin' anywhere.

Fanart is fanart is fanart. You should post your work. And a lot of people are having fun looking at your art - and you're having fun posting up your work.

So, no, ma'am. You're staying right here.

A-and I guess Sybil is pretty darn adorable, and she's my favourite pony of yours so far. :)

@Bocci - very different rendition of Max - looks as if it came from the old days. I'd have quips about proportions, but somehow it still works. I love the textures you've done - a lovely look. Great job. :)

@pheeph - Oh dear, I remember this. :P Actually, that would be one fun crossover...

@crfh - You saw me gushing at this over at DA, but I'll keep it quick and concise over here - D'awwwww...
  • edited April 2011

Please don't stop ponifying everyone!

I don't often have time to stop by here, but I'd like to say that they're brilliant and a wonderful companion to the Monkey Island ponies.

There should be ponies for every fandom. Somewhere.
  • edited April 2011
    Indeed, I keep thinking of suggesting a Bluster Blaster pony as a challenge after you get some of the others up!
  • edited April 2011
    @1nky - Thanks, I never would have thought that it looked different, but I've never played any of the newer Sam & Max games, so my love for them and my renditions are solely influenced by the old comic books and Hit The Road for the pc.

I really enjoy all the work everybody posts in here and I'm just happy I can contribute occasionally.
  • edited April 2011

NOOOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN'T LEAVE! DON'T YOU DARE OPPRESS YOURSELF JUST BECAUSE A FEW NAYSAYERS ARE TOO NARROWMINDED TO APPRECIATE YOUR WORK.

Who cares what those negative nellies think?! I was surprised by the ponies, but I DO like them! (Sybil pony was ADORABLE.)
  • edited April 2011

Are you serious?! Regardless of what you draw, I seriously get a kick out of it! :D I know I already do a loyal following of your work on Deviantart through the Sam and Max FC group, but I love to enjoy your work regardless. Besides, those who say bad things about your art really can't see the effort and the ambiguity that goes into it. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Wow I haven't posted fanart in aaaaaaaages! Well, here's my entry to the SaM fanart contest!

bubbles_by_rubygloommel-d3d5dhs.jpg

Inspired by the song Skun'kape Action from Season 3, I don't know why, but it makes me think of bubbles! :3

Still up for editing, so any concrit would be extremely appreciated! ^^

Edit: Taken people's advice and changed things a bit - hopefully it's looking better :)
  • edited April 2011
    ****, when's the deadline? With how busy as ****ing hell I've been this week (I was literally at school for 100+ hours working in a project) I haven't had any time for this D:
  • edited April 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    ****, when's the deadline? With how busy as ****ing hell I've been this week (I was literally at school for 100+ hours working in a project) I haven't had any time for this D:

April 10th, and I feel your pain - I've literally squeezed this picture into the minute amount of free time I have left after Chemistry coursework :/
  • edited April 2011
    Well, not to fear. It's great that we're getting more submissions in, but if we don't have that many submissions by the deadline, I'm thinking about extending it. Of course, I'll have to talk about this to the other judges first, but it's a thought I'm thinking about.
  • edited April 2011
    Awesome art

I love how Max's ears are bent over to fit in the bubble!
  • edited April 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    Well, not to fear. It's great that we're getting more submissions in, but if we don't have that many submissions by the deadline, I'm thinking about extending it. Of course, I'll have to talk about this to the other judges first, but it's a thought I'm thinking about.

If you were, then maybe just extend it over the Easter holidays, so everyone'll have a bit of free time? Just a thought :)

@jeeno0142 Thanks very much ^^
  • edited April 2011
    If you were, then maybe just extend it over the Easter holidays, so everyone'll have a bit of free time? Just a thought :)

@jeeno0142 Thanks very much ^^

Yeah, you're right on that, I was actually thinking of extending it to sometime in May, or even into June, when the summer starts. But of course, I'll probabvly extend it to the end of April here. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Hey you awesome artists! It's been a while! Cheri, don't leave!

Well if anyone is at all familiar with this music video (starting at 4:45, my favorite part) Then I would like to offer this little piece. Watch video to understand references.
    bad_max_by_gohaku2-d3d6ds3.jpg

Wow, I haven't posted in so long!
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry gang, I've been stressed with moving and my tablet being all wonky with Windows 7 and such I let some silly things get to me and overreacted. I won't leave, I promise.

Oh, and, in light of the situation.

HATERSGONHATEcopy.png?t=1301899206
Sign in to comment in this discussion.