The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I like muppets. (Wait, what am I doing outside of general chat? Silly pants.)

What on earth are you doing here? This is not your home!
  • edited May 2011
    What on earth are you doing here? This is not your home!

I know. I totally forgot. I'll just roll back to my cave, now...
  • edited May 2011
    I know. I totally forgot. I'll just roll back to my cave, now...

Get ye gone, Fiend! I banish thee by the power of Yog Soggoth!
  • edited May 2011
    Get ye gone, Fiend! I banish thee by the power of Yog Soggoth!

Aw, god damn. Now I have to. -hisses and sulks back to general chat.-
  • edited May 2011
    Aw, god damn. Now I have to. -hisses and sulks back to general chat.-

-dusts off hands-

Now that's done.

Also, I like muppets too. Great drawing, ric-82!
  • edited May 2011
    -dusts off hands-
    Also, I like muppets too. Great drawing, ric-82!

Thank you all for the reviews, I really appreciate that since I've no artistic background.

I have a doubt: you appreciated the B/W sketches but pheraps you missed the previously composition in color I posted earlier (as a thumbnail)

Here it is

samemaxmemories1024x711.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd like to know if it makes any sense to you: as Italian, I'm not sure what I wrote is funny (or correct)
  • edited May 2011
    Your wording is "correct enough," nothing to really be concerned about, but you asked, so to make it totally correct:

"guest starred at" should be "guest starred on"

"naked for the whole time" should be "naked the whole time". (The "for" is technically correct, but nobody speaking normally would use it.)

"Oh, Hi Hugh Bliss" should have an extra comma: "Oh, Hi, Hugh Bliss". There should be one between "Yeah well" also, but you could get by without one.

It's not laugh-out-loud funny, but it is amusing. The puppet hand-up-rear joke has been done too many times.
  • edited May 2011
    1bf05db8714776210ec56f94473b73b8-d3gx3wy.png

I wrote the script. JediAnnSolo did the art. Please go check out her deviant art or drunk duck if you like what you see. More pages coming soon! :-)
  • edited May 2011
    ric-82 wrote: »
    I'd like to know if it makes any sense to you: as Italian, I'm not sure what I wrote is funny (or correct)

"BIFF!" should be "BLEEP!" instead. "Biff" is more of a "Batman-punching-someone" sound more than the sound of someone being censored, ala Hugh Bliss in the final episode of Sam and Max Season 2.
  • edited May 2011
    That's pretty sweet.
  • edited May 2011
    @CartoonistWill & WarpSpeed:

Thank you for the reply! I usually try to search on Google when I have doubts about the proper form to use in a sentence, especially if I try to adopt the spoken language, but many things depends on the context, so I'm never sure at 100%.

I'll treasure your advices.
  • edited May 2011
    The way Max is drawn is scarily good.
  • edited May 2011
    Zwei, Drei, Bier. Colored version for the contest.

zwei__drei__bier_by_klatuu_vii-d3hca2x.jpg

Prost!
  • edited May 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    God damn it, between work, driving lessons, and awesome games I haven't even started on that new idea I got that really wanted to at least try =X

@(almost) everyone I haven't commented on since the last time I posted here: You guys are still awesome :D

Also, how in the ****ing hell do I get pen pressure to work on this damn thing (PS)? I did what supposedly needs to be done but nothing happens =/

Oh dammit, I'm sorry. D: Do you want us to extend the date? I know people have been really busy over the course of the events before school lets out so I'm really not for sure whether we should it extend it one more time or not. I'm really not sure.

Oh, nothing is happening? If you want pen pressure via PS, try plugging your tablet in and then opening PS with your tablet. I know with GIMP the tablet won't even work unless you open the program with the tablet.
  • edited May 2011
    I tried, it's a portable version btw if that's important. I know it's not as simple as just opening it, but I just can't get it to work.

About the deadline, well, your choice.
  • edited May 2011
    Klatuu wrote: »
    Zwei, Drei, Bier. Colored version for the contest.

Prost!

Wonderful! I see now characters and details I didn't notice in the earlier version. Thumbs up!
  • edited May 2011
    A rare moment of quiet for good ol' Flint Paper.

flintportrait.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Y'know, Flint is still missing in the Telltale Deck o' cards... :D
  • edited May 2011
    Here's a comic that has Sam and Max in it...
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/Oldschool-Origins-pg-1-211210240
  • edited June 2011
    Hah! Something to ponder, I guess XD
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    10 more pages to kick the "Tales" art thread into the dust. :D
  • edited June 2011
    samsketchdumpII.jpg

Just 'cause.
  • edited June 2011
    Those are excellent.
  • edited June 2011
    You really have talent. *round of applause*
    crfh wrote: »

flintportrait.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Thank you very much, guys! You're very kind :D
  • edited June 2011
    meet_maxine_by_strongbrush1-d3irc0s.png

I'll just leave this here.
  • edited June 2011
    http://gilau.deviantart.com/art/christmas-on-june-212923641
    this was a christmas image, i let it abandoned, and just finish it lately, i dont feel guilty, scinse telltale stills owns me my contest winner pack of the haloween contest. ¬_¬ I wish i could made it bigger. :(
    picture.php?albumid=222&pictureid=2421
  • edited June 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    I have no idea what Max is doing there.

But IT'S. ON.
    itson.jpg
    :p
    love it:D
  • edited June 2011
    Max does some body-checking in Lacrosse...
    lacrosse_body_check_by_pheeph-d3ixp80.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    gilau wrote: »
    http://gilau.deviantart.com/art/christmas-on-june-212923641
    spoot, i forgot wow to submit images on the forum Dx, anyway, this was a christmas image, ilet it avandoned, and just finich it lately, i dont feel guilty, scinse telltale owns me my contest winner pack of the haloween contest till naw ¬_¬
    picture.php?albumid=222&pictureid=2421

Oh my how did I not notice this before, this looks awesome! :D I love your line work and you did a great job at capturing the characters~
  • edited June 2011
    So, we're just gonna ignore me?
  • edited June 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    Oh my how did I not notice this before, this looks awesome! :D I love your line work and you did a great job at capturing the characters~
    yey! thank you ^u^
  • edited June 2011
    pheeph wrote: »
    Max does some body-checking in Lacrosse...
    lacrosse_body_check_by_pheeph-d3ixp80.jpg

Haha, Birdo. Great picture mate.
  • edited June 2011
    is a good draw, is just that i dont like pairing fictional characters with original characters, or original characters that never where a couple, or inlove, thats just me, ther is a lot of people who enjoy that. so maybe you just have to wait.
  • edited June 2011
    I haven't been here nor have I done anything in a while, but I'm happy this keeps getting new stuff. Keep up the good work guys :D

Well, just because you don't get comments here it's not exactly getting ignored. Maybe people just don't really have anything to say about it *shrugs*
  • edited June 2011
    If someone doesn't comment, don't take it personally. When you do take it personally, you sound like you're whining for attention.

People don't have to comment if they don't want to or have nothing to say. So quit begging for attention please.

I've noticed this a lot earlier on in this particular thread and really guys? Just enjoy the art! If someone doesn't say something, it's not a big deal.

Just be happy with the fact you're sharing something you created.
  • edited June 2011
    Lovenu wrote: »
    If someone doesn't comment, don't take it personally. When you do take it personally, you sound like you're whining for attention.

People don't have to comment if they don't want to or have nothing to say. So quit begging for attention please.

I've noticed this a lot earlier on in this particular thread and really guys? Just enjoy the art! If someone doesn't say something, it's not a big deal.

Just be happy with the fact you're sharing something you created.

I understand your point, but it's not full-on attention I'm after. I just want a little recognition.
  • edited June 2011
    I just want a little recognition.
    Why is that?
  • edited June 2011
    Why is that?

Because I want my hard work to be appreciated, and I get worried if I don't get a response.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.