The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Also the artist of the Agency comic has a very dark and gritty style that I just can't get enough of. Sam and Max look brilliant in it.
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Anyway, here is the finished picture I did for the 2011 fan calendar if you missed that one, and also a remastered version of my first "noir Sam" pic. That's all I got for now.

SamMax-SummerNight.jpg
    samnoir.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    CORBETT, your stuff is amazing. Love the way the shading is done and the colors look magnificent. <3 Keep it up, looks great! :D
  • edited June 2011
    picture.php?albumid=222&pictureid=2430 i finished coloring, yes im not very good at it, if someone ealse whant to color the original that would be ok to, just make me know ^^ hear is the large vercion http://gilau.deviantart.com/art/christmas-on-June-colored-215826285
  • edited June 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    Also the artist of the Agency comic has a very dark and gritty style that I just can't get enough of. Sam and Max look brilliant in it.

Awesome! Glad you like! Have you checked out her webcomic or deviant art page yet? I think there's somewhere around 60-100 pages of the AGENCY webcomic now. I stopped counting pages somewhere around 54. Which was about 8 months ago. lol
  • edited June 2011
    gilau wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=222&pictureid=2430 i finished coloring, yes im not very good at it, if someone ealse whant to color the original that would be ok to, just make me know ^^ hear is the large vercion http://gilau.deviantart.com/art/christmas-on-June-colored-215826285

Looks great! I especially love how you colored this. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    Looks great! I especially love how you colored this. :)
    yeyy!!! thank you 8D
  • edited July 2011
    I love the color gilau!

Also: going to Hell for this.

memax.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Comments are being silly on Deviant art, so I'll post my comment here.

Haha, that's really cool crfh. Max memes ey? Will we see a Sam version sometime?
    I love it though, especially the Fuck yeah and the Foreveralone ones.
  • edited July 2011
    @crfh: Yes you are, but it will have been worth it. Honestly, other than Forever Alone and Y U NO I feel they actually kinda fit Max XD
  • edited July 2011
    @crfh
    I was actually wondering when someone was going to make a rage-guy expression on Max...
  • edited July 2011
    @crfh- This looks just flawless ! Love the fact that you combined two things together. C:
  • edited July 2011
    Hurriedly made this pic for SunnyGuy
    b_day_cake_from_sam_and_max_by_pheeph-d3kt8lb.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Haha, thanks man XD
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks for the comments,guys! Silly DA ¬-¬ I dunno if I can make Samemes, his face doesn't seem especially built for it like Max's. Plus, his personality is much more mellow and laid-back. He's the straight man.

This was actually incredibly hard to do... it's hard to copy most of those memes because most of those faces are deformed and so. But I tried.

Whose birthday it is?
  • edited July 2011
    *raises hand*

Yesterday >.>
  • edited July 2011
    belated happy bd then! :D
  • edited July 2011
    So sorry I didn't notice on Tumblr sunnyguy! D: Happy birthday! :)
  • edited July 2011
    *checks Tumblr*

? But you liked the post where I mentioned it.

And thanks both of you.
  • edited July 2011
    4th of July pic
    firecracker_hazard_by_pheeph-d3kyg12.jpg

And one for Gohaku
    b_day_gift_for_gohaku2_by_pheeph-d3l0qyw.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Here's some stuff I'm doing for a fangame:
    sammaxbosco.jpg
    and Lagomorph Hop:
    http://tardis24.deviantart.com/#/d3jrjqv
  • edited July 2011
    gilau wrote:
    i finished coloring, yes im not very good at it, if someone ealse whant to color the original that would be ok to, just make me know ^^ hear is the large vercion http://gilau.deviantart.com/art/chri...ored-215826285

This is gorgeous. So many characters, and detail. The colours work well, too - I think this piece needs saturation for every individual object to stand out. Well done. :D
    crfh wrote: »
    I love the color gilau!

Also: going to Hell for this.

Au contraire. I think they're awesome.
    pheeph wrote: »
    Hurriedly made this pic for SunnyGuy
    pheeph wrote: »
    4th of July pic

And one for Gohaku

You're pretty generous with your drawings, dude. (The character in the 4th-of-July pic escapes me, but that looks like some genuine Max shenanigans, right there.) Great job. :)
    SirQuacky wrote: »

You've totally saved them! I was wondering when someone would start pitching in sprites for that project, and then bam - day saved. :D Can't wait to see the rest of your work.
  • edited July 2011
    SirQuacky wrote: »
    Nice! You can instantly recognize the poses from Hit the Road, which I'm guessing is the point. One little snag though: if you just mirror Sam like that, you get his tie wrong.
  • edited July 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    You've totally saved them! I was wondering when someone would start pitching in sprites for that project, and then bam - day saved. :D Can't wait to see the rest of your work.

Thanks, I'm slow but I'll try to keep sending more in.
    Nice! You can instantly recognize the poses from Hit the Road, which I'm guessing is the point. One little snag though: if you just mirror Sam like that, you get his tie wrong.

Oh, thank you for telling me that, I'll reupload the corrected version soon.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh, here's a Max lip-sync chart:
    uploadvb.jpg
    Max Lip-Sync Left
  • edited July 2011
    75adf059835f04e9226b61105bf7d0b4-d3kwrum.png

This is page 4, the final page, of Sam and Max's cameo in Annie/JediAnnSolo's webcomic AGENCY. The cameo pages are written by me whereas all other parts of AGENCY are written and illustrated by Annie/JediAnnSolo. This page obviously contains dialogue from Steve Purcell's original comics (panel 6) and the last panel (7) was not written by me but by JediAnnSolo as a shout out to Sam and Max fans (as I don't really like to use anything more than "darn" or "dang" ;-) ). To read AGENCY and see more of Annie's artwork follow these links:

http://jediannsolo.deviantart.com/ar...-pg3-215187622

http://www.drunkduck.com/AGENCY/index.php
  • edited July 2011
    75adf059835f04e9226b61105bf7d0b4-d3kwrum.png

This is page 4, the final page, of Sam and Max's cameo in Annie/JediAnnSolo's webcomic AGENCY. The cameo pages are written by me whereas all other parts of AGENCY are written and illustrated by Annie/JediAnnSolo. This page obviously contains dialogue from Steve Purcell's original comics (panel 6) and the last panel (7) was not written by me but by JediAnnSolo as a shout out to Sam and Max fans (as I don't really like to use anything more than "darn" or "dang" ;-) ). To read AGENCY and see more of Annie's artwork follow these links:

http://jediannsolo.deviantart.com/ar...-pg3-215187622

http://www.drunkduck.com/AGENCY/index.php

Wow, this really was very good, love the dialogue.
  • edited July 2011
    hey look at my art that i made...
    sam_and_max_intro_test_2011_by_pepsiboy3-d3l3k7r.png
    ...i just trying to test the logo in it.
  • edited July 2011
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    hey look at my art that i made...
    sam_and_max_intro_test_2011_by_pepsiboy3-d3l3k7r.png
    ...i just trying to test the logo in it.
    isn't that just an edit of something steve purcell posted on the sam & max blog a while ago?
  • edited July 2011
    Kitz wrote: »
    isn't that just an edit of something steve purcell posted on the sam & max blog a while ago?

Yep.

Nothing wrong with edits, but at least credit the source, yeah?
  • edited July 2011
    Kitz wrote: »

i just edit so black and white/black background so i got a little bit of edit
  • edited July 2011
    whoops2.jpg

Really old, this one. Sam causes a nuclear event by shooting a flying saucer with the Big Kill.

Although, to be fair, he was only trying to shoot off the license plate.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't think that's how Max would react though :D

Except, of course, if that explosion destroyed his collection of assorted weaponry...
  • edited July 2011
    Max wouldn't react like that, surely. :P
  • edited July 2011
    Of course he would. After all, HE didn't get to chance to explode the whole city.

That's appalling :(
  • edited July 2011
    AGH, this looks awesome. <3 Much more love. :) Whether in character or not, this is brilliant. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Sam didn't shoot the way Max asked him to.

The explosion was to be grander than that.
  • edited July 2011
    I was bored so I built Sam & Max in Minecraft.

sam_and_max_by_77pali-d3low74.jpg

Also I edited the file for the paintings in Minecraft so I have pictures from Sam & Max in my buildings.

sam_and_max_minecraft_painting_by_77pali-d3lox0v.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Hey hey! I did that too in Minecraft!
    Well, make the full sprites anyway. But I cheated, I used a Spritecraft Maker.

As for the paintings in the house/cave, that's really neat. I gotta try that.
    Bravo.

Edit: Actually, how did you edit the Painting files? I can't seem to find them.
  • edited July 2011
    Go to your ".minecraft/bin" folder and open the minecraft.jar with Winrar or a similar programm. The file for the paintings is called kz.png and lies in the art folder.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.