The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Gonna start Launch of the Screaming Narwhal at 5, hour later than planned. Only woke up about half an hour ago...
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Stream started, beginning in 5 minutes
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Starting Launch of the Screaming Narwhal now.
  • edited July 2010
    finished spinner cay at 1:00
  • edited July 2010
    staring lair of the leviathan
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Finished Launch of the Screaming Narwhal in 1:17.

Will begin Siege of Spinner Cay in 15 minutes.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Starting Siege of Spinner Cay now.
  • edited July 2010
    Finished Rise yesterday at 18 hours 39 min after playing everything in row, but I'm disqualified anyway since I didn't watch the credits of every game which was a rule I think. :D
  • edited July 2010
    finished lair of the leviathan 2:52
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Finished Spinner cay in 1:20.

Will play Lair of the Leviathan in 25 minutes.
  • edited July 2010
    Prizna, that's 6:51 on Tales and 17:33 for the race.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Lair of the Leviathan finished in 1:33.

Ep4 and 5 will be tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    when are we starting the fun playthroughs?
  • edited July 2010
    Well, the race theoretically ends on Wednesday, if everyone who's spoken for extra time gets finished up. I'm pretty much tied up for the rest of this week and next, so my Curse play likely won't happen until two weeks from today. Other than that...well, you're going first, so it's up to you, really.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    I'm more than happy to take over the Curse run if you need someone to fill in for you.
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry for being away for a while. Homework+Away from Home= No Monkey.
    I'm starting TaEoGT now.
  • edited July 2010
    I just realised I probably could have taken part in this, because I could finish each game/season in one day... oh well, i guess i just have to try later this year
  • edited July 2010
    Whoops, forgot to mention I have taken a break. I'm at 31 minutes about to prove my innocence in D'oro's case.
  • edited July 2010
    So...uh...are you done?
  • edited July 2010
    Most sincere apologies guru. Someone pointed out in thejoe's chat yesterday that I haven't played RotPG yet *embarassment* I will def. play it today :)
  • edited July 2010
    So...uh...are you done?

Me? No. I have some homework to do then I'll finish off.

EDIT: Continuing TaEoGT now.
  • edited July 2010
    Most sincere apologies guru. Someone pointed out in thejoe's chat yesterday that I haven't played RotPG yet *embarassment* I will def. play it today :)

That's all right. I'm not expecting everyone who's going to be finished to finish until the day after tomorrow (or I guess I should say tomorrow, since it's 4:30 am), so you're still okay.
    Me? No. I have some homework to do then I'll finish off.

EDIT: Continuing TaEoGT now.

Okay, I just wasn't sure what was going on with you. You said you were continuing and then just sort of went silent. No problem.

So yeah, like I said, I'm hoping to have this wrapped up in the next 44 hours or so, so I can give the winners' names to Jake and Ribs. Once that's done, we can start drawing up a schedule for the fun playthroughs.
  • edited July 2010
    That's all right. I'm not expecting everyone who's going to be finished to finish until the day after tomorrow (or I guess I should say tomorrow, since it's 4:30 am), so you're still okay.

Okay, I just wasn't sure what was going on with you. You said you were continuing and then just sort of went silent. No problem.

So yeah, like I said, I'm hoping to have this wrapped up in the next 44 hours or so, so I can give the winners' names to Jake and Ribs. Once that's done, we can start drawing up a schedule for the fun playthroughs.

Ok, cool. I'm breaking again, and I'll probably be continuing tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    After some consideration, I think I have to call the race finished at the end of the day on Wednesday.

The following people have 43 hours to finish the following games:

OzzieMonkey - Trial and Execution, Pirate God

hamza721 - Trial and Execution, Pirate God

doodinthemood - Pirate God

TheJoe - Escape, Trial and Execution, Pirate God

Jennifer - Escape and Tales

Mandahaya - Escape and Tales

Jenny, I fear that you are too far out. It's possible for you to finish before the end of the day on Wednesday , but it would take some serious marathoning, and I'm afraid I can't extend the deadline too far past that for you.

Jennifer and Mandahaya, the same goes for you two, but you're both in a better place to realistically finish in time.
  • edited July 2010
    While playing Pirate God for the race I had a glitch at the swordfight area.

After talking to Morgan I tried to leave the swordfight area by clicking on the boom to get to the ground, it showed the quick clip of Guybrush climbing down to the ground but after the clip ended instead having Guybrush on the ground where you should be able to control him again it went back up to the top of the Swordfight area where Morgan was standing with out Guybrush and I was unable to click on anything. The only way to fix this was to load the auto save which luckily occured just before the glitch.

Has anyone else had anything like this?
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    While playing Pirate God for the race I had a glitch at the swordfight area.

After talking to Morgan I tried to leave the swordfight area by clicking on the boom to get to the ground, it showed the quick clip of Guybrush climbing down to the ground but after the clip ended instead having Guybrush on the ground where you should be able to control him again it went back up to the top of the Swordfight area where Morgan was standing with out Guybrush and I was unable to click on anything. The only way to fix this was to load the auto save which luckily occured just before the glitch.

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Just walk down and a little to the right, and once Guybrush reaches the point where the camera is supposed to shift, it will center on Guybrush again. And I encountered it on my first playthrough in December, as did a lot of other people.
  • edited July 2010
    ok, so it seems it not just me, thanks apenpaap
  • edited July 2010
    I had the same problem as well. I didn't encounter it during my first play, but it did cost me quite a bit of time during the first race. I don't know if it was fixed for the DVD because I managed to bypass it by only going to the upper part of the swordfight once, and being taken back to the Crossroads center via a cutscene, so I never had to climb down the mast.
  • edited July 2010
    I had the same problem as well. I didn't encounter it during my first play, but it did cost me quite a bit of time during the first race. I don't know if it was fixed for the DVD because I managed to bypass it by only going to the upper part of the swordfight once, and being taken back to the Crossroads center via a cutscene, so I never had to climb down the mast.

Mine occured with the DVD so it doesnt look ike it was fixed for the DVD, after i finished pirate god I went back and tried to get it to happen again but I coudnt get the glitch to happen.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, it seems you can only get glitches like that to happen when you don't want them to. Like how the bone dance glitch only happens to me when I'm racing.

Anyway, so much for the bugfixes that were supposed to be done for the DVD. Looks like that's yet another thing that was half-assed. I'm getting more upset about this Universal deal all the time.
  • edited July 2010
    I am now at my best friend's place and I think we're gonna play it. I mean, she's not that much into Monkey Island (she's basically not into video games at all) but I promised her it'd be fun. Monkey Island, after all, is fun, right folks? :D (Please tell her they're fun I wanna finish the race so bad :()
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    I'll start Episode 4 at 7pm tonight (2 hours from now). Ep5 will follow immediately after.

I am really not confident about this part. I haven't played these two episodes since they were released, so real uncharted territory for me.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Starting Trial and Execution now. And totally winging it.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Finished Execution in 2:29. Failed a lot.

Will do Pirate God tomorrow at 4pm followed immediately by Escape. Then whenever that's done is my final submission time.
  • edited July 2010
    Finishing off Trial and Execution now. I'm still streaming, of course.
    EDIT: Finished in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Please correct me if I'm wrong (thanks again for before, doodinthemood). Starting RotPG straight away.

EDIT: Ok, I'm breaking from chapter 5 to have dinner. I'll be back in about half an hour or so.

EDIT: Streaming!

EDIT: Finished RotPG in 1 hour and 32 minutes. Awesome race. Thanks for watching my stream too! It was fun!
  • edited July 2010
    Well, shit. 26 damn minutes faster. Still, beats the hell out of five hours. I really thought I had a chance until you pulled those miraculous Escape and Spinner Cay runs.

Tales time: 6:15
    Total time: 15:34

I'm declaring the race closed in 19 hours and 11 minutes, so the rest of you had best get moving.
  • edited July 2010
    lol, I like the "Fastest time on The Curse of Monkey Island that I actually believe" achievement.

I don't see how Tom could have got 2:03
  • edited July 2010
    I'm going to go ahead and start filling out the achievements now. If they change in the next 19 hours, I'll update them, and I won't make a new post with the final list until the race is over.
  • edited July 2010
    OK OK will stream rise of the pirate god over at http://www.livestream.com/doodmonkey in 3...2...1...
  • edited July 2010
    and with the sound of gunfire and an advert for Sam and Max 2010, my race is over. RotPG in 1:29

Going to take down my vids tomorrow, but until then they're up and showing all my runs in case anybody fancies watching a bit of good old monkey kombat action.
    Thanks for awesome organisational doings guru, and thanks to my viewers for talking about how hot it gets in Germany, and how many Blondes there are in Sweden. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.