The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited July 2010
    hey, no fair guru, you get to do 2 fun playthroughs! play fair! *chapter 4 flutters to me*
  • edited July 2010
    and with the sound of gunfire and an advert for Sam and Max 2010, my race is over. RotPG in 1:29

Going to take down my vids tomorrow, but until then they're up and showing all my runs in case anybody fancies watching a bit of good old monkey kombat action.
    Thanks for awesome organisational doings guru, and thanks to my viewers for talking about how hot it gets in Germany, and how many Blondes there are in Sweden. :D

hahahahaha :)
  • edited July 2010
    Guru, you ought to maybe make a new thread for the fun playthroughs.
  • edited July 2010
    and aught to let ME to chapter 4 ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I just had to copy a bunch of pictures (84,4 GB in total size) to the other HDD. In other words, the machine was too effin slow to do sheetz so I had to wait and fix the entire effin Windoofs (German insider). Now I'm installing Procaster and Escape and will start the stream when I'm done.

I'm so pissed off right now. I hate Windoofs. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
  • edited July 2010
    You have 15 hours to do this in Manda, come ooooon! :D
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Rise of the Pirate God in an hour. Escape will follow immediately afterwards if I'm feeling up to it, but will be at the usual 7:30 if not.

Before I do Escape, I'm worried that the same crash will happen again. Here's the details:
    I'm fighting Brawny Monkeys
    I leave Monkey Kombat for a while and restore Herman's memory
    I find another monkey in the forest, I'm able to run in the Monkey Kombat tile for a moment, there is no Monkey, Monkey4.exe "stops working"

Anyone know this bug? I should really get it fixed before I continue. The only "mods" I'm using for Escape are the Windowed patch and imagecfg to limit it to one CPU core.
  • edited July 2010
    monkey kombat has messed up a million times in a million different ways and there doesn't seem to be a way to ensure no bugs at all. I would say just save after talking to jojo, and then load if necessary.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Well, starting Pirate God now. And, again, totally winging it.
  • edited July 2010
    finished Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood at 1:08
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Pirate God finished in 2:37.

Will be back for Escape in about an hour.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Starting EMI now at the 3 hour 5 minute mark.
  • edited July 2010
    finished rise of the pirate god at 1:23
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Escape from Monkey Island is in a crash loop at 3:44. I can not continue.

Update:
    Crowdsourcing an estimated time.
    mugotea mod: Judging by my performance with the other games and my current progress, how much more time do you think it would take for me to get to the very end of the credits?
    doodinthemood ban: yeah, I mean the mass of cutscenes
    doodinthemood ban: hang on I'll find my time from monkey kombat onward
  • edited July 2010
    HECK YES. I finally managed to move everything to where it belongs, installed all the stuff I need and am now ready to stream over at my channel. I'm starting off with Escape of Monkey Island, hoping that there won't be any bugs taking up all my time, and I also hope that I'll be fast and get Tales done before 5am as well (which should be the deadline time here).

By the way, if everything runs fine, I'll have three funny commentating buddies of mine talking to me while I play, one of them being Max again, the second one the bestie I was always talking about, and the third one my affair, haha. :D
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    doodinthemood estimates that my finishing time would be 4:20 if Monkey Kombat worked.

chyron also agrees.

If that's acceptable, then I submit my time as 4:20. If not, then, well, I have no Escape time.
  • edited July 2010
    That's a filthy lie! I won't be made to say such a rule-bending thing!

Yeah 4:20 seemed fine. Thejoe tried a LOT to get it to work and it just wouldn't. Also come check out manda :D http://www.livestream.com/mandahaya
  • edited July 2010
    TheJoe wrote: »
    doodinthemood estimates that my finishing time would be 4:20 if Monkey Kombat worked.

chyron also agrees.

If that's acceptable, then I submit my time as 4:20. If not, then, well, I have no Escape time.

Joe kept getting crashmonkey'd (every time he encountered a monkey to kombat, EMI crashed). He tried numerous things to get it working but he had overwritten his previous save and so couldn't go back to a recent time and try to complete it that way.

He had all the MK info, and Jojo would fight him, but Joe says he was 4 bananas less than Jojo. That would mean when calculating the time to beat one more monkey, then Jojo, then estimating the time taken to beat the game after Jojo by referring to dood's time, Joe's would perhaps then be approximately 4 hours and 20 minutes.
  • edited July 2010
    Watching Mandahaya stream her race with EfMI, she encountered a few problems and probably needs an extension.

So Guru, if you can, drop in on her livestream.
  • edited July 2010
    I live! Barely! I just finally got inside half an hour ago, beat to hell and soaking wet (the short version is we're getting ready to paint the house). Looks like I have a lot of updating to do. After a shower, I'll work on getting everything up to date and I'll be back with many final results. Then, 2 hours and 19 minutes from now, I'll be back again with the final results of the race and I'll fire off a PM to Jake, no doubt to tell him to award the prize to Ozzie.

Unless Manda is going to finish Escape and do Tales. In that case, I'll probably try and stop by tomorrow morning to do all the post-race stuff.
  • edited July 2010
    Extending the race until Mandahaya finishes. doodinthemood managed to beat Ozzie by 8 minutes. Too tired to update the OP right now.
  • edited July 2010
    I reckon someone's about to ask about a time and the answer will be 13:47
  • edited July 2010
    O__________________O

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA xD

FOURTEEN F*CKING HOURS. FOUR TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
    and 19 seconds on the stream.

I started Escape yesterday night at 10.37pm and played straight until 6.52am the next morning where I was asked to take a break because I needed to see a chart for Monkey Kombat (I didn't get anything at all), then continued at 7.00am and finally finished the game five minutes ago, at 12.32pm.

That makes about 14 hours. Please do the math for me, my brain is halfway dead (especially because I spent about four hours MONKEY KOMBATING GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!).

Oh, and so many PHAT thanks to all my viewers and supporters/helpers. Without you it would have taken more than a day. I had a lot of fun with you, especially in the middle of the night where everybody but me was getting tired until I was all on my own. Biggest thanks to Max (especially for your patience explaining me how the Monkey Kombat system would work out and how to note it down), to my co-commentators Lea and Torben who were fun just as well (only a little tired too early :D) and to Guru who was really that nice and granted me the time I'd need to finish this race. It's gonna be another couple of hours and I'd love to play through the night again, but I'll hurry up and move my butt so I can get this going and you can close this. I just need a couple of minutes to eat, fix myself up and make some notes. And install Tales.

Fourteen hour stream hereby ended and I'll be back in a few moments.

EDIT: thanks dood. 13.47 it is. THIRTEEN HOURS AND FORTYSEVEN MINUTES. WTF.

*shakes her head in disbelief with eyes wide open*
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Holy mother of god and a previously owned chainsaw in a used coffin emporium, Manda!
  • edited July 2010
    i would say to award "most stick-to-it iveness" to mandahaya
  • edited July 2010
    Way to go Manda! Holy cow though, 13 hours? You definitely deserve the most endurance award for that. And a bajillion cookies. And sleep.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't know how I did that either. Besides these four hours of Monkey Kombat, I really didn't get stuck much. I didn't even suffer a single crash or bug, sometimes I just randomly got stuck somewhere while walking so I had to walk back out backwards.

I wish we had cookies. You wanna make me some? :D
    (I still didn't even have a nap. I'm up and awake and I don't even feel half-dead as you usually do after such an experience. I could just repeat that the next night with Tales again, only that I would understand things better and would feel the urge to send a cup of chocolate cappuccino down my hatch.

I am by the way experiencing trouble with my stream again (YEAH SERIOUSLY I'M NOT KIDDING). Obviously, even though Procaster's on LQ and the game is on quality level 1 at a resolution of 640*480, Guybrush just won't stop ruggling. The audio quality is fine this time, though. If anyone knows a decent troubleshooting knight, you're free to come and help me fix things. You know where my stream is. :D
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, that's brutal. Congratulations on getting past that mess.

Times have been updated. I can't remember exactly what I added for who, so if you've posted times in the last couple days, you may want to go check. I've also updated the standings and achievements.
  • edited July 2010
    I reckon the post two down from here is gonna be pretty awesome, though not to the usual awesome standard of the poster due to their likely tiredness.
  • edited July 2010
    The next post is utterly brilliant and skilfully crafted despite the writer's weakness.
  • edited July 2010
    Finished Launch of the Screaming Narwhal just now. Sorry I forgot to update my starting time. It was 6.15pm and I got done at 9.06pm. That's a total time of 2 hour and 51 minutes (if I'm right, my head is still blasted from MONKEY KOMBAT YARGH). I'll be doing another all nighter now, only with the volume turned a bit down. Just so I get that race done by tonight. There may even be cappuccino or two. SO I'M NOT TIRED ANYMORE, MAX. Ha ha.

No seriously I'm not tired.
    Starting Siege of Spinner Cay in a second!

EDIT: HA HA ladies. Ha ha.

Edit²: Starting Siege of Spinner Cay now! Come on over, we're having somewhat of a... MI quiz party. O_o
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    monkeykombat.jpg

I'll get the footage of when I get round to burning this piece of paper.
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, I apologize for the not-so-allnighter. But I got about two thirds into Siege of Spinner Cay...

...which is where I'll set off again now. Restarting the stream in a couple of seconds, then getting this over with. For real.
  • edited July 2010
    dscf0196j.jpg
    Oh the painful memories...
  • edited July 2010
    monkey_kombat.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    I see your posts and I raise you this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1736&stc=1&d=1279875526
  • edited July 2010
    I see your posts and I raise you this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1736&stc=1&d=1279875526

broken link
  • edited July 2010
    broken link

What do you mean? I can see it on my screen!
  • edited July 2010
    i cant
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I'm not seeing anything either. I think you can see it because you have it cached. I bet you wouldn't see it anymore if you did a Ctrl+F5 refresh.

Also, this:

MKChart.png

My chart for the race is saved on my laptop, and the save files that this chart was made from are corrupted, so this chart really isn't any good to anyone now.

Also, I only have to fill in the bottom half of the command chart and the "loses to" section and the rest fills itself in.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.