The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited August 2010
    okay, so I took my break and now I'm back.

Resuming SoMI: http://www.livestream.com/monkeyislandpostrace
  • edited August 2010
    still playing SoMI. come on ppl, come and watch.
  • edited August 2010
    and... done.

Finished with Secret of Monkey Island.

Final Time: not important :)
  • edited August 2010
    final time is needed
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    final time is needed

No its not.
  • edited August 2010
    then how do we see if he wins the race
  • edited August 2010
    then how do we see if he wins the race

its a FUN playthrough, the race was weeks ago
  • edited August 2010
    oh who won
  • edited August 2010
    check the first page
  • edited August 2010
    picard-facepalm.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    i cant see the picture
  • edited August 2010
    i cant see the picture

Apparently, if you don't use the shift key, it blocks pictures. You'd better start using it at the beginning of your sentences or soon all of the pictures on the whole internet will get blocked.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm doing MI2SE today at 7:00 P.M GMT
  • edited August 2010
    Uhh...Chyron? What are you doing on the channel right now? I'm confused...
  • edited August 2010
    I was idling in there from when bloog was playing MI2SE. I just had never closed the chat window.

The vid of me playing Secret is just the Livestream auto-pilot playing my run automatically. It's not live.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I figured it wasn't live, especially once it suddenly jumped from the governor's mansion to Monkey Island. Why was it auto-piloting, though? I've never seen it do that before.
  • edited August 2010
    Because I told it to. When you record a video, you can tell it to save the vid to the Library and/or to the auto-pilot playlist. Also, you can change which videos are in the "on demand" list and used by the auto-pilot by changing settings in the Studio for that channel... which I did to change Monkey to be first because there were people watching me by then. At first on Melee, I was dicking around and complaining because I was bored from noone watching.

The reason why it jumps from Melee to Monkey is because I was on Melee when I stopped to take a break, and when I was playing later, my procaster disconnected/reconnected and I don't think it uploaded that part of the stream.

...I think I might make a new SoMI run to try to get the whole thing uploaded... and not have a part where I'm bitching about being bored. Not right now though.

edit: oh snap. it's working now. the messed up portion of the video is working now. I told it to refresh earlier today to see if that would fix it, and apparently it did. Nevermind about the replay then.
  • edited August 2010
    Heh. I obviously haven't done a ton of poking around in the studio.

Unfortunately, no amount of reminding my parents seems to be getting me any closer to having my ISP changed. We've already decided that we're going to do it, who we're switching to, and which plan we want, but I can't for the life of me get either of them to actually do it.

So what does this mean for my Curse run? Well, you guys are going to have to put up with a few drops here and there. Thankfully, my issues have improved since the race, but I do still suffer the occasional outage. I'll be keeping an extra close eye on my modem, and the second my internet drops, I'll stop playing until it comes back.

As for when I'll be doing Curse...well, tomorrow is my grandmother's 81st birthday, and Thursday is my dad's day off, so we'll be outside painting the house all day, and Friday is my cousin's wedding. Saturday is probably out as well, and Sunday will be a repeat of Thursday. I guess I'm aiming for Monday?
  • edited August 2010
    Oh darnit I thought bloog was gonna be today. Missed both of the SE funruns now. Better get curse...
  • edited August 2010
    Oh darnit I thought bloog was gonna be today. Missed both of the SE funruns now. Better get curse...

I'm sorry Dood, the run is saved on Livestream so you can still watch it.
  • edited August 2010
    WOOP! Am watching now :D
    Sometimes I feel like I don't give 4 billion years of evolution justice...
  • edited August 2010
    StLRibs sent me the code to download Jolly Rover as the prize for second place in the race. Thanks man!
  • edited August 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out a time when I can do my Curse run. Sorry I'm the one holding things up. I may be able to manage it tomorrow afternoon, so I'll check back in when I've got things sorted out.
  • edited August 2010
    This thing sort of died off, didn't it?

If anyone's interested, I can still try to run Curse today.
  • edited August 2010
    This thing sort of died off, didn't it?

If anyone's interested, I can still try to run Curse today.

I'm interested.
  • edited August 2010
    Me too.
  • edited August 2010
    You'd have to do your run tomorrow so I could watch but if more people prefer tonight, go ahead. (Even though I'd love to watch but now that school has started again I have way less time to play...) And that means I'm interested as well. :D

(Notify me when you've made your decision so I can plan on making my Escape run. This week would be best for me to do it since there's no tests coming up, just all the new school year stuff so I won't have to study much.)
  • edited August 2010
    Would this time tomorrow work for everyone? Today's looking a little nutty anyway.
  • edited August 2010
    Would this time tomorrow work for everyone? Today's looking a little nutty anyway.

Tomorrow's fine
  • edited August 2010

Well, I'll be at school then, but don't halt it on my account.
  • edited August 2010
    Be fine for me. But typical guru, holding up everything ;)

Also
    StLRibs sent me the code to download Jolly Rover as the prize for second place in the race. Thanks man!
    First prize is a big fat, TTG signed nothing, so well done :D is it good?
  • edited August 2010
    First prize is a big fat, TTG signed nothing, so well done :D is it good?

Really? Is it it signed by Graham Annable, Steve Purcell and Dave Grossman?
  • edited August 2010
    Yup, only Graham Annable's signature was a bit minimal, Dave Grossman's was a bit small, and Steve Purcell got his brother to write the signature, then took the credit.
  • edited August 2010
    I wasn't aware until recently that Jake is the director for The City That Dares Not Sleep, so I think I'll wait until after episode 5 comes out before I bug him again.

Aiming to start Curse in 50 minutes. Hopefully.
  • edited August 2010
    Livestream says it can't find the address. What now? You playing already?

EDIT: seems like it's found the page now. Had to get to it via my profile though, the direct link didn't work...
  • edited August 2010
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    Livestream says it can't find the address. What now? You playing already?

EDIT: seems like it's found the page now. Had to get to it via my profile though, the direct link didn't work...

Yeah, it sometimes does that. Usually one or two refreshes will make it work though.
  • edited August 2010
    Going to be a little late, but I will be playing in the next half hour.
  • edited August 2010
    And...that plan was just shot to hell with one phone call. Looks like I'll be able to play Curse on Monday at the earliest, unless I do it around 10 hours from now or at the same time on a later day.

This whole painting thing is ridiculous. I haven't been able to make any plans to do anything for the last month.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.