The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

1242526272830»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    All right, I guess I'm aiming to start Curse in about an hour and fifteen minutes.

I'll try to be there.
  • edited August 2010
    I'll try to be there.

Me too. And I hope the time you're aiming for is not 10pm over here...

EDIT: dang. I just knew it! Count me out :( (for watching your run, my fun run is still going to take place!)
  • edited August 2010
    Five hours in and I'm on Duck Island. Sorry it didn't work out, Bloog, you left right before I finally came back.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, too many internet outages to count later, Curse is done! Manda, the channel is all yours for Escape.

And Chyron, you can try to clean up the recordings if you want, otherwise I'll go through and delete the extra ones and maybe stick them together into one.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not sure how to physically stick them together short of downloading them, editing and reuploading. I did stick them together in one folder, but haven't deleted the extras yet. go ahead and fix it if you want.
  • edited August 2010
    Procaster saved all the files to my computer, so I might try sticking them together and reuploading. I'll probably try and delete the extras later when things calm down a bit for me.
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, two questions now.

1. What am I supposed to do about the EfMI-OpenGL-hooking thingie now?
    2. When do you want me to stream? Since I'm not going to be at home on Saturday I may either have to do it tomorrow night or Sunday morning. After that, as I already mentioned, there will be less time to do it and since I don't think anybody else would want to play Escape more than me, I really don't wanna miss out on that. :)
  • edited August 2010
    That sort of depends on what time zone you're in.
  • edited August 2010
    As far as I know it's UTC+1. The location's Germany, to be exact.
  • edited August 2010
    Manda, I suspect that you can start whenever you please. Considering that EMI is as long as it is (compared to the other games anyways,) I'm sure people will pop in to watch at some point.
  • edited August 2010
    Moving my Escape stream to next Friday night for now. Might still change things though. We'll see.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm finally changing ISPs on Monday! In celebration, I've decided to re-run the Curse fun run, uninterrupted this time, at some point after that.

I'll also be streaming both versions of LeChuck's Revenge in race-style runs at some point, to try and prepare SE rules for the second race in December, so I'll let you guys know about those as well.
  • edited August 2010
    Would I be able to start my run of Narwhal before Manda? I'm itching to play it and I don't have anything that could get in the way.
  • edited August 2010
    Boy, Tales is going to be a total mess, isn't it?

No, I don't have a problem with that, I guess. Just let us know when.
  • edited August 2010
    Boy, Tales is going to be a total mess, isn't it?

No, I don't have a problem with that, I guess. Just let us know when.

Ok, cool. I might start it up when The Highway gets onto Steam chat, then we have double commentary! Yay!

EDIT: We're starting nowish.
  • edited August 2010
    Yay, commentary! (we aren't discussing the game at all, right now we're discussing our travel plans!)
  • edited August 2010
    Yay, commentary! (we aren't discussing the game at all, right now we're discussing our travel plans!)

Let's make a thread!
  • edited August 2010
    We're starting up the commentary soon again! Come watch!
  • edited August 2010
    Having to postpone our commentary for a bit. Dang mothers making us take breaks.
  • edited August 2010
    Damn "homework". Try in an hour, all you (no) people hankering to hear our commentary!
  • edited August 2010
    Ready!
  • edited August 2010
    finished
  • edited August 2010
    Woop, 2 weeks later and I rush in to see we haven't got that far yet :D Look forward to watching whoever's next.
  • edited August 2010
    Looks like I might be next, doing Curse again but with decent internet this time, and then it'll be Manda. Of course, if Manda's ready before I am, that's fine too. I already did my run, I'm just doing it again to do it properly.
  • edited August 2010
    Looks like I might be next, doing Curse again but with decent internet this time, and then it'll be Manda. Of course, if Manda's ready before I am, that's fine too. I already did my run, I'm just doing it again to do it properly.

Hopefully it won't be really late before you finish like last time.
  • edited August 2010
    I'll see if I can swing it on a weekend. The only thing is that I'm not free this weekend, and I'm going to be at a convention next weekend, that puts it three weeks from now at the earliest.

Also, considering that it'll be without all the stupid internet outages, the run should be considerably shorter too.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, and dood, after tomorrow I totally encourage you to check with Jake about your prize. I've been laying off him since I'm sure he's been super busy directing The City That Dares Not Sleep, but since it comes out tomorrow...
  • edited September 2010
    So, when's your second run, Guru? I might turn out to have loads of time this weekend but I'd rather wait until you're done with Curse completely and officially. Plus, the block's back but without a time limit so sometimes things freeze for a few moments and stuff. I think I'm gonna have it uninstalled in two weeks though cause this is when my fall vacation starts. And that would be the perfect time to get my run done with. :)
  • edited September 2010
    With convention prep, I had actually forgotten all about it by the time my internet was installed. Uh, I'll have to get back to you on it. I'd like to try and do it around 8 PM GMT on a Friday, if that would work okay for everyone interested, but that also means that I won't be doing it for almost two weeks at best.
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe I am too late.. but I finished all the MI games and I wrote down the time! Of course with the rules of The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010!

Here are the times:
    The Secret of Monkey Island: 2:29
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge: 2:27
    The Curse of Monkey Island: 2:54
    Escape from Monkey Island: 4:07
    Launch of the Screaming Narwhal: 1:15
    The Siege of Spinner Cay: 1:15
    Lair of the Leviathan: 1:28
    The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: 1:29
    Rise of the Pirate God: 1:37
    Total LucasArts: 11:57
    Total Tales: 7:04
    Total: 19:01
  • edited October 2010
    can we have another race soon/ im pissed that i couldnt do the last one
  • edited October 2010
    December!
  • edited October 2010
    December!

I'll just jump in now and say I'm in!
  • edited October 2010
    I'm planning on starting the threads for both races as soon as possible, but at the moment I'm waiting on a reply from Icedhope about a new idea I had for it. I hope you guys like what I've come up with.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm planning on starting the threads for both races as soon as possible, but at the moment I'm waiting on a reply from Icedhope about a new idea I had for it. I hope you guys like what I've come up with.

ooh, sounds intriguing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.