The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited August 2010
    And...that plan was just shot to hell with one phone call. Looks like I'll be able to play Curse on Monday at the earliest.

Oh well
  • edited August 2010
    How many of you would be okay with me doing it at 6 am GMT or later? And if not, would it work if I played at that time on Saturday?
  • edited August 2010
    How many of you would be okay with me doing it at 6 am GMT or later? And if not, would it work if I played at that time on Saturday?

I'd be okay with it, and I expect our Australian(s) to be cheering.
  • edited August 2010

Aww, that's 2 A.M. for me... Oh well. Maybe if you did it 8 hours later.
  • edited August 2010
    Gonna end up missing curse too. Ah well.
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry, guys. My dad isn't giving me any free time during the day as long as this painting project isn't finished, so I can't play during the afternoon. The only way I can seem to get any free time is to wait until we've finished working, had dinner, and taken showers, and then start playing, and since my dad doesn't get off work until around 6, he likes to push as hard as he can, to the point that we're usually trying to pick up around 9, in the dark and fending off mosquitoes.

And Bloog, that'd be 8 AM for me, so I can't really do that. As it is, I'm aiming to do it at midnight here.

If you guys would prefer I wait until Monday, I can try to do it around this time of day, but there's no guarantee the painting will be done and my time will be my own by then, so it might just end up getting pushed back even further.
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, I've decided. I'm playing Curse either on Saturday, August 14th at 8:00 PM GMT or on Sunday, August 15th at 6:00 AM GMT. You guys choose which.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd prefer Saturday, August 14th at 8:00 PM GMT.
  • edited August 2010
    Aww, dammit. I think I spoke too soon. I just realized several things I hadn't considered, and now I don't think I'll be able to pull off either time at all. Here's what I think I actually can manage. Saturday, August 14th starting between 5 AM to 8 AM GMT, or Monday, August 16th around 8 PM GMT.

And I feel awful for screwing around with you guys on the time like this, so hopefully no other unforeseen circumstances will come up and screw these times up.
  • edited August 2010
    How do you guys even get Curse and Escape to work?

I have Windows 7...64 bit that might be the problem
  • edited August 2010
    have you downloaded summVM and the Escape launcher? Should work fine on your system.
  • edited August 2010
    Id prefer August 14th 5 AM to 8 AM GMT
  • edited August 2010
    Me too.
  • edited August 2010
    How do you guys even get Curse and Escape to work?

I have Windows 7...64 bit that might be the problem

I have Windows 7 64bit and I get it to work okay. Or rather I get CMI to work beautifully, and EMI to work tolerably.

have you downloaded scummVM and the Escape launcher? Should work fine on your system.

This.

I did make a "How to get SMI thru EMI (& Grim Fandango) to work in Windows" thread. It may help. However, just saying "use ScummVM and the Escape launcher" works just as well for someone reasonably resourceful enough.
  • edited August 2010
    If you play on Saturday I could try to do my Escape run on Sunday. After that I might run out of options to actually play it at all but I MAY find a good opportunity to still play it next weekend if you play on Monday. Once things get to go Serious Business status at school I'm not gonna have enough time, I guess. (And I better do have enough time, judging by my 14 hour RACE run...) Also I hope with the block inactive now I may be able to stream in a better quality.

So consider this a vote for Saturday.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, audience participation is part of this, so you can probably be expect to be told what to do quite a bit. That should help keep you well under 14 hours.

Okay, sounds like you guys have decided. I'll be playing Curse on Saturday morning GMT. Any of you have a preference within the time range I gave?
  • edited August 2010
    As late as possible.
  • edited August 2010
    I can try to shoot for 8 AM GMT, but that's 2 AM here, so that's about as far as I'm willing to push it. I'm expecting to be in for about 4 hours of playing, and I have to be finished by 7 AM, so even that's cutting it sort of close. But I'm willing to give it a shot. For you guys.

This should be great for the Australians and doable for the Europeans, but I bet I pretty much just screwed over some of the Americans. Which is funny, seeing as I fall into the last category.
  • edited August 2010
    I swear, it's like Qwest has a program set up to monitor me, so that whenever I talk about streaming Curse, they crash my internet like crazy. My internet's been doing just fine lately, but today it's suddenly been crashing as bad as when I tried to stream Curse during the race.

I'll do my best to stream, and hopefully the problem will clear up by the time I start in two and a half hours, but if this keeps up, I'm going to have to postpone yet again.
  • edited August 2010
    Damn, I just realised I wont be able to watch you stream curse, Its my cousins B'Day so im going over to their place tonight.
  • edited August 2010
    All right, guys. Internet seems to be holding up okay. I think I'm going to be okay to do this.

I'm going to go ahead and get on the channel now. I'm going to stream Rock Band 2 for the next 40 minutes, since I don't have anything better to do until 2 AM.

http://www.livestream.com/monkeyislandpostrace

Edit: I lied. Apparently Procaster won't broadcast the input from my TV card, so all that broadcasts is silence and the windows taskbar. Gonna play Rock Band for the next 20 minutes anyway, just not broadcasting it, and I will be in the channel's chat.
  • edited August 2010
    Anybody coming? I'll start broadcasting when someone shows up, but until then I'm just going to hang around.
  • edited August 2010
    All right, I give up. I'm going to shoot for 8 PM GMT on Monday.
  • edited August 2010
    Would it be okay if I did the fun run of Lair of the Leviathan tonight at 22:00 GMT? Because i'm going on vacation next week, so it will probably have to be after I return otherwise.
  • edited August 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Would it be okay if I did the fun run of Lair of the Leviathan tonight at 22:00 GMT? Because i'm going on vacation next week, so it will probably have to be after I return otherwise.

I'm fine with you doing it today.
  • edited August 2010
    That'd be awesome apen :D I'm going away tomorrow, and am not totally sure when I'll get the chance to play 605, but hopefully this drags on long enough that I can just do it after returning ;)
  • edited August 2010
    I'm starting the fun run as soon as someone drops in on the channel.
  • edited August 2010
    Is anyone going to show up? The channel is right over at http://www.livestream.com/monkeyislandpostrace
  • edited August 2010
    Looks like no-one is showing up. I'm leaving the stream, but if you want me to start the fun run, just post in this thread. I'm subscribed to it, so I'll recieve a mail the moment someone posts in it and then I can start the fun run.
  • edited August 2010
    You can start now, if you want.
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, starting the stream now at http://www.livestream.com/monkeyislandpostrace
  • edited August 2010
    We ran into some trouble with Livestream, so I'll be streaming tomorrow at 20:00 GMT instead.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm starting the fun run of Lair of the Leviathan right now at http://www.livestream.com/monkeyislandpostrace
  • edited August 2010
    Looks like no-one is showing up. I'm leaving the stream, but if you want me to start the fun run, just post in this thread. I'm subscribed to it, so I'll recieve a mail the moment someone posts in it and then I can start the fun run.
  • edited August 2010
    You can start the Fun Run now, Livestream is working for me.
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, starting the fun run now.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm going to do a test run of Narwhal now. Seeya there!
  • edited August 2010
    I'm going to do a test run of Narwhal now. Seeya there!

liar!
  • edited August 2010
    Ok, I'm done with my test. I'll do the actual fun run after the Curse and Escape runs.
  • edited August 2010
    All right, I guess I'm aiming to start Curse in about an hour and fifteen minutes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.