The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited July 2010
    oh you :p
  • edited July 2010
    What can I say, having both "loses to" and "defeats" really helps me think my way through the convoluted logic of Monkey Kombat, but I certainly can't be bothered to fill all that information out twice during a race, now can I?

Excel: Tons of work now for almost zero work later.
  • edited July 2010
    Got done with Siege of Spinner Cay after a total time of 2.56 (11.21pm to 1.11am, 10.59am to 12.05pm). Will start Lair of the Leviathan immediately after that. (Yay favorite level! It will hopefully HEAL MY EYES from all the post-Monkey Kombat BLEEDING)

EDIT: Just got done with Lair (favorite credits too btw.) It took me 2.44 (12.16pm to 3pm) this time.

I'll move right on to Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood. Come to my channel, people! I'm audio commenting again and my viewers need someone to talk to! :D
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010

Excel: Tons of work now for almost zero work later.

"Tons" is putting it lightly. I made the stupid decision of taking an ICT Course... Euragh.

I kind of like the pentagram design. If I had to make a big thing of it, I'd print out a copy and laminate it and use whiteboard pens.
  • edited July 2010
    Done with Trial and Execution. It took me 3.32 (3.18pm-6.50pm) this time.

And we're on to the last episode, Rise of the Pirate God! After I'm done I guess the race will officially be finished, so come see how I put this thing to an end! :D

Btw, I'll HAVE to take my time. It's definitely impossible for me to kick in a last-minute record for that episode. It may even take double as much time as normally as well but I'll use every opportunity to catch a good joke in the game.

EDIT: I tried to break the record because I was talked into it. Of course I didn't succeed but at least it didn't take another four hours to finish this. While everybody keeps on telling me to post 1.20 as the time, I'm pretty concerned that if my calculations are right, my time was 1.39 (8.47pm to 10.25pm). I'm also pretty sure someone's gonna post something above me. But whatsoever.

So I guess this race has ended now. I definitely scored last place but I don't care. It was 1. just for kicks and 2. the perfect excuse to finally get to play all the games in the right order and with almost no breaks. Plus, 3. it's probably among the greatest things that could happen to a nerd. Especially to hardcore nerds like me. And yes I am happy now. REALLY HAPPY. YAY.

I plead for another MI run this year! Around Christmas again if you wish, as long as I can participate :D And maybe, until next time, I will have some decent notes set up so I do all this a little faster.

And there will be an instant save. For AFTER MONKEY KOMBAT.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!* (*: Gotta go bye.)
  • edited July 2010
    I just watched an awesome 1:20 run of RotPG by Manda :D she should hopefully be posting the time soon. She's being all modest about it on the stream :p
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    I plead for another MI run this year! Around christmas again if you wish, as long as I can KICK ASS AT RISE OF THE PIRATE GOD AGAIN!
    I love Manda so much :)
  • edited July 2010
    yes, i can confirm that and it was a great run
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, what the heck. Make it a 1.20.

:guybrush:
  • edited July 2010
    Best stream ever! :) Tons of fun to watch too.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, Manda, that's really impressive. Your time for Tales is 13:23. Your total time is 40:41.

And with that, I declare the First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010 officially closed.

Results

1. doodinthemood - 15:26
    2. OzzieMonkey - 15:34 (+0:08)
    3. GuruGuru214 - 16:00 (+0:34)
    4. TomPravetz - 16:46 (+1:20)
    5. prizna - 17:33 (+2:07)
    6. apenpaap - 18:49 (+3:23)
    7. hamza721 - 19:31 (+4:05)
    8. Chyron8472 - 19:53 (+4:27)
    9. Blooglspash - 20:11 (+4:45)
    10. TheJoe - 21:09 (+5:43)
    11. Icedhope - 29:21 (+13:47)
    12. Mandahaya - 40:41 (+25:15)

Dsq. Jenny
    Dsq. Jennifer

Achievements

Fastest time on The Secret of Monkey Island: doodinthemood (1:41)
    Fastest time on Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge: hamza712 (1:41)
    Fastest time on The Curse of Monkey Island: TomPravetz (2:03)
    Fastest time on The Curse of Monkey Island that I actually believe: GuruGuru214 (2:23)
    Fastest time on Escape from Monkey Island: OzzieMonkey (3:10)
    Fastest LucasArts time: doodinthemood (9:14)
    Fastest time on Launch of the Screaming Narwhal: doodinthemood (1:03)
    Fastest time on The Siege of Spinner Cay: OzzieMonkey (0:58)
    Fastest time on Lair of the Leviathan: doodinthemood (1:17)
    Fastest time on The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: hamza721 (1:08)
    Fastest time on Rise of the Pirate God: Mandahaya (1:20)
    Fastest time on Tales of Monkey Island: GuruGuru214 (6:05)
    Fastest time: doodinthemood (15:26)
    First finisher: apenpaap
    Most endurance (longest time on Escape from Monkey Island without giving up): Mandahaya (13:47)
    Most stick-to-itiveness (overcame overwhelming odds to finish): Mandahaya
    Closest competitors: doodinthemood and OzzieMonkey (0:08 difference)
    Most tardy: The Highway
    Least likely to be made a mod: TomPravetz

I'm going to send off PMs to Jake and Ribs concerning the winners. I have to get back to work on the house right now, but if Chyron is around, you guys can start discussing when you want to get going on the fun runs.

By the way, as an interesting note, if someone was to play through and achieve all of our record times, they would finish the race in 14:41.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, Manda, that's really impressive. Your time for Tales is 13:23. Your total time is 40:41.

And with that, I declare the First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010 officially closed.

Results

1. doodinthemood - 15:26
    2. OzzieMonkey - 15:34 (+0:08)
    3. GuruGuru214 - 16:00 (+0:34)
    4. TomPravetz - 16:46 (+1:20)
    5. prizna - 17:33 (+2:07)
    6. apenpaap - 18:49 (+3:23)
    7. hamza721 - 19:31 (+4:05)
    8. Chyron8472 - 19:53 (+4:27)
    9. Blooglspash - 20:11 (+4:45)
    10. TheJoe - 21:09 (+5:43)
    11. Icedhope - 29:21 (+13:47)
    12. Mandahaya - 40:41 (+25:15)

Dsq. Jenny
    Dsq. Jennifer

Achievements

Fastest time on The Curse of Monkey Island that I actually believe: GuruGuru214 (2:23)
    Fastest time: OzzieMonkey (15:34)
    Most endurance (longest time on Escape from Monkey Island without giving up): Mandahaya (13:47)

I'm going to send off PMs to Jake and Ribs concerning the winners. I have to get back to work on the house right now, but if Chyron is around, you guys can start discussing when you want to get going on the fun runs.

Just letting you know that under acheivements, fastest time should be doodinthemood, not me.
  • edited July 2010
    Whoops, I missed that when I updated it all. I was tired, okay?!

Also, thank you for quoting it, thus preserving my mistake for all eternity.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, well done grabbing fastest time on Rise of the Pirate God, Manda!
  • edited July 2010
    but if Chyron is around, you guys can start discussing when you want to get going on the fun runs.

mkay.

When do you guys want to start the fun run? Guru says it's kinda up to me since I'm playing SoMI. I just want to make sure people come and watch.

I'm perfectly fine with playing SoMI more than once for the sake of people in different time zones.

By the way, I have the SE, VGA/CD and EGA/diskette versions of SoMI. Since I have the EGA version, at some point during my playthrough, I'm going to pull up a savegame on it and do the Stump Joke, since I'll bet money many people here have not seen it firsthand.

I currently have my livestream chat up (livestream.com/chyron8472) and am in the TTG irc channel (irc.centralchat.net #telltale) if you guys want to talk about when I should start.
  • edited July 2010
    The next ten days are sort of up in the air for me, and it's pretty unlikely that I can manage my Curse run or watch either of the other two until next Monday at the earliest. For reference, I got up at 9 am today, spent the day scraping loose paint off the house and making a trip to Home Depot, and I just got inside now at 8 pm.

But after the 31st, I'm up for just about anything.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm good at pretty much any time that isn't 12-8am GMT on any day... What time would the more pernickity people want?
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    The next ten days are sort of up in the air for me, and it's pretty unlikely that I can manage my Curse run or watch either of the other two until next Monday at the earliest. For reference, I got up at 9 am today, spent the day scraping loose paint off the house and making a trip to Home Depot, and I just got inside now at 8 pm.

But after the 31st, I'm up for just about anything.

As I said before, I'm more than happy to take over the Curse run if you need someone to fill in.
  • edited July 2010
    You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Said hands are a few thousand miles away, though...
  • edited July 2010
    Distract him with an excel spreadsheet, then snaffle the curse run away.
  • edited July 2010
    So, when is the Fun Run? I think there should be a new forum for it.
  • edited July 2010
    Yea, lets start the Fun Run.
  • edited July 2010

Achievements

Actual fastest time on Rise of the Pirate God: TomPravetz (1:21)
    Fastest time: doodinthemood (15:26)

By the way, as an interesting note, if someone was to play through and achieve all of our record times, they would finish the race in 14:42.

Fixed.

(I just realized yesterday night why you talked me into the 1:20 time. Thank you, come again, but it's still not fair, folks. That's still Tom's record there.)
  • edited July 2010
    So, when is the Fun Run? I think there should be a new forum for it.

Oh, there's gonna be a fun run? Sounds fun, what are people taking part in it posting in here while they're playing?
  • edited July 2010
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    Fixed.

(I just realized yesterday night why you talked me into the 1:20 time. Thank you, come again, but it's still not fair, folks. That's still Tom's record there.)

Why thank you Manda. Is there a award for most awards won? 'Cause I may have taken the proverbial cake (which is a lie) with "Least Likely to Become a Mod"
  • edited July 2010
    So if your Pirate God time isn't 1:20, what is it?

Also, I wouldn't object to you stealing the record out from under Tomp. He totally deserves it.
  • edited July 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Oh, there's gonna be a fun run? Sounds fun, what are people taking part in it posting in here while they're playing?

Here.
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Chyron8472
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge: Blooglspash
    The Curse of Monkey Island: GuruGuru214
    Escape from Monkey Island: Mandahaya
    Launch of the Screaming Narwhal: OzzieMonkey
    The Siege of Spinner Cay:hamza721
    Lair of the Leviathan: apenpaap
    The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: GuruGuru214
    Rise of the Pirate God: doodinthemood
  • edited July 2010
    It's going to be done on Livestream. All the participants will be taking their time, hitting all the jokes, and taking audience requests.
  • edited July 2010
    Hey Guru, did you send out invites for a livstream channel called monkeyislandpostrace?
  • edited July 2010
    So I created a Livestream channel for the post-race and added all the participants to the broadcast team. Would you guys test it out and see if you can broadcast to it?

Edit: Ninja'd. Yes, Ozzie, I did.
  • edited July 2010
    So I created a Livestream channel for the post-race and added all the participants to the broadcast team. Would you guys test it out and see if you can broadcast to it?

Edit: Ninja'd. Yes, Ozzie, I did.

Ok, so I clicked the Livestream Studio link and logged in. Now what?
  • edited July 2010
    I dunno. I can't really test it out, since I'm the one who owns the stream. All seven of you guys are showing up as moderators in the chat, but I'm wondering if the channel appears in your Procaster list. When you launch Procaster and log in, there should be a drop menu above "Go Live!" that lets you pick which channel you broadcast to.
  • edited July 2010
    All right, it seems to be working. Is it all right with everyone if we broadcast all of the fun runs on the same channel?
  • edited July 2010
    All right, it seems to be working. Is it all right with everyone if we broadcast all of the fun runs on the same channel?

So obviously each game will be played after the previous has been completed because your streaming the fun run in the one place.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, but that was the plan from the beginning anyway.
  • edited July 2010
    Ok thanks, Im setting up a Livestream just in case I want to use one for the next race, should I just choose Livestream Free channel instead of premium and should I not bother going through the verification.
  • edited July 2010
    You got it.
  • edited July 2010
    I just realised my upload speed may be an issue, is there a recommended upload speed to make streaming smooth?

My upload speed is 0.30 mb/s, I used to have 0.60 mb/s but when we changed our plan to increase our downloads our upload speed dropped.
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, I have my livestream set up so I might use it for the next race, did most peope use Low Quality, coz if i set mine to Low Quality im fine, but if I use Normal Quality the FPS drop to about 8 or 10.

P.S. thanks again Chyron for your help.
  • edited July 2010
    I tested it out, and I can broadcast to it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.