They Stole Max's Brain! Speculation Thread!

123457»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    That may effect accents, but not voice pitch, that's controlled by the size of them.
  • edited June 2010
    It's just a show... er, Game. You should just relax
  • edited June 2010
    it may be max dust have vocals cords
  • edited June 2010
    What I got out of that is What If... Worthy
    My Translation
    It maybe Max dosen't have vocal chords

Then he would speak from nowhere...
    *cue Twilight Zone theme
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

That sentence actually has a few grammatical/spelling errors of its own. It should be:

It may be that Max doesn't have vocal chords.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't understand why they don't have the exact same voice as Max, they're in his body with his vocal cords and stuff. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, because it's completely normal for Sam to be able to take a brain and put it in Max's body as easily as he would put a hat on Max. Relax, this is Sam and Max, it doesn't have to make sense!
  • edited June 2010
    and don't forget that dogs and lagomorphs can talk.
  • edited June 2010
    Ah! A talking dog........but back on topic.
    What about Stinky in this episode? We all suspect she's in love with Sal but she's strangely absent in the trailer - perhaps the real one who stole Max's brain...
  • edited June 2010
    or s stands for snarator?
  • edited June 2010
    The Snail from Moai Better Blues (the one with the red ink) did it!
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    What I got out of that is What If... Worthy
    My Translation

Then he would speak from nowhere...
    *cue Twilight Zone theme

Perhaps he uses 'ventriloquism' ... ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    The Snail from Moai Better Blues (the one with the red ink) did it!

OMG it's all starting to make sense
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    or s stands for snarator?

That makes absolutely no sense; which surprisingly doesn't exclude it.
  • edited June 2010
    On the Narrator = Devil( = Satan) theory, pay attention to what he replies to Sam at 2:58: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZz6Q9AE_64 It all kinda makes more sense now, doesn't it? I've been anticipating Satan as the main antagonist all along. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Okay I've put together a list of questions that we need answered:
    1. Who stole Max's brain?
    2. Who is Stinky's real "Mr. S"?
    3. How did Skun-ka'pe get out of the New Penal Zone?
    4. What's up with the Sal the Giant Roach?
    5. What will be the set-up for the next episode?
    Let's see if Telltale can put all those revelations into one episode.
  • edited June 2010
    just what just rand abate 2 days to go
    ps mi more inchoate than you and I shed that
  • edited June 2010

These two questions probably answer one another.
  • edited June 2010

Skunk'ape hasn't left the penal zone!!!!!!!!!
    I posted this before and Jake hinted that it was true. Look in the trailer - he's in Sam and Max's office which has become the Penal Zone.

Next episode - probably something related to the Sam clones we suspect...
  • edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Skunk'ape hasn't left the penal zone!!!!!!!!!
    I posted this before and Jake hinted that it was true. Look in the trailer - he's in Sam and Max's office which has become the Penal Zone.

Actually, look closely. He appears to be in the room that's seen in the painting behind the narrator in the trailer. Which looks kind of like a planetarium. So he is in the museum probably.
  • edited June 2010
    How many of the Sam & Max titles have had blatantly misleading titles? Seriously... I can't remember any that didn't prove true in light of the events in the game. I think we can safely lay to rest this idea that Max's brain wasn't stolen. The title is 'They stole Max's Brain" so it seems fairly clear to me that his brain was in fact stolen by someone or something.
  • edited June 2010
    Male geometric shape with growing beard/anger/wildness. ;O)

male_shape.png
  • edited June 2010
    wtf?
  • edited June 2010
    I was bored whilst watching the football game and had to think of Sam's beard.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't think we've ever gone suddenly off topic as badly as this...

WHO CAN'T WAIT?!?!?!?
  • edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    I don't think we've ever gone suddenly off topic as badly as this...

WHO CAN'T WAIT?!?!?!?

I can't wait!!!! :D ^^
  • edited June 2010
    Wow this week went fast, but now it's too slow... Bring on the game!
  • edited June 2010
    Okay. I've figured everything out. I posted this somewhere else, but basically, this is my theory about WHO STOLE MAX'S BRAIN.

Let's proceed logically.

The way I see it, it can't be the most obvious person. Because that's too obvious, and then the game would be ruined because we'd all have guessed it already, and we'd all complain about how much it sucked. Since that's what fans do.

So it probably won't be Sal or Skunk'ape, even though that's what we're all expecting. Some plot twist in the end will reveal it to be someone completely different.

It can't be the least obvious person, either, because we all now know to immediately suspect the least obvious person. I mean, I was totally shocked to learn that the
    *Censored* Poppers were actually the rulers of Hell.
    So now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to immediately be guessing that the villain is the least obvious person I can think of; a totally random character, like the Bug or Puddin'head Lincoln.

But that would suck, too, since I'd be expecting it in a way, even though Telltale would have chosen a villain like that with the purpose of shocking us.

Therefore, it's the person we most MIDDLY suspect. Like Bosco. It was totally Bosco. Why do you think he hasn't been around this season? Case closed! :cool:
  • edited June 2010
    It was Papierwaite (it's speculation, I'm not saying it as a fact). I agree with the theory that he was trapped in the astral projector and escaped.
  • edited June 2010
    justaguy wrote: »
    How many of the Sam & Max titles have had blatantly misleading titles? Seriously... I can't remember any that didn't prove true in light of the events in the game. I think we can safely lay to rest this idea that Max's brain wasn't stolen. The title is 'They stole Max's Brain" so it seems fairly clear to me that his brain was in fact stolen by someone or something.

My theory still holds.. Max's brain Escaped all on it's own....that would not prevent any one from stealing it...that probably would make it easier! I mean really, you think anyone could beat Max in a fair OR unfair fight, like the case always would be!
  • edited June 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Okay. I've figured everything out. I posted this somewhere else, but basically, this is my theory about WHO STOLE MAX'S BRAIN.

Let's proceed logically.

The way I see it, it can't be the most obvious person. Because that's too obvious, and then the game would be ruined because we'd all have guessed it already, and we'd all complain about how much it sucked. Since that's what fans do.

So it probably won't be Sal or Skunk'ape, even though that's what we're all expecting. Some plot twist in the end will reveal it to be someone completely different.

It can't be the least obvious person, either, because we all now know to immediately suspect the least obvious person. I mean, I was totally shocked to learn that the
    *Censored* Poppers were actually the rulers of Hell.
    So now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to immediately be guessing that the villain is the least obvious person I can think of; a totally random character, like the Bug or Puddin'head Lincoln.

But that would suck, too, since I'd be expecting it in a way, even though Telltale would have chosen a villain like that with the purpose of shocking us.

Therefore, it's the person we most MIDDLY suspect. Like Bosco. It was totally Bosco. Why do you think he hasn't been around this season? Case closed! :cool:

Dwight Schrute: [On camera] I know it wasn't her. It's never the ones you most suspect. It's also not the ones you least expect, since anyone with half a brain would suspect them. Therefore, it has to be Meredith, or Beatrice, the one I most medium suspect.
  • edited June 2010
    It was totally European Guy. There's something about that voice I don't quite trust ... :D
  • edited June 2010
    While I wait for mine to finish downloading... I think the cockroach did it.
  • edited June 2010
    Jota wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping that we'll still be able to switch between Sam and Max throughout the game.

It's just that the Max scenes would be from the perspective of his disembodied brain. Possibly inside of a vat of greenish fluid.

Above spoilers are for They Stole Max's Brain. But they weren't spoilers when they were originally posted.
  • edited June 2010
    These Questions have now been answered. Mostly.
    1. Who stole Max's brain?- Skun-ka'pe
    2. Who is Stinky's real "Mr. S"?- Unsolved
    3. How did Skun-ka'pe get out of the New Penal Zone?- Rift suddenly reopened, he got out.
    4. What's up with the Sal the Giant Roach?- A giant roach who used to work at Stinky's until Grandpa Stinky fired him. He now works at the New York Museum of Mostly Natural History.
    5. What will be the set-up for the next episode?- A bunch of Naked Sams show up and crowd around our heroes. And Papierwaite and Skun-ka'pe.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.