They Stole Max's Brain! Speculation Thread!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    My 2 cents: I think that Max's brain was stolen by a museum curator! Judging by the clean cut left on Max's head, my guess is that whoever did it knew a bit about taxidermy. Besides: this!

...Or maybe I'm just influenced by the fact that the dinosaur in that picture looks so friggin awesome!
  • Slowpoke wrote: »
    My 2 cents: I think that Max's brain was stolen by a museum curator! Judging by the clean cut left on Max's head, my guess is that whoever did it knew a bit about taxidermy. Besides: this!

...Or maybe I'm just influenced by the fact that the dinosaur in that picture looks so friggin awesome!

I tried clicking on the link, but it wouldn't let me go directly there, since I did not pre-order The Devil's Playhouse. If you wanted to show the image, perhaps you could copy and paste it somehow?
  • edited May 2010
    Don't worry, it's the Museum of Mostly Natural History Billboard
  • edited May 2010
    Lest the Soda Poppers return! ;)

Telltale said they really, for real this time, killed them off. The @$!# Poppers are dead forever!
  • edited May 2010
    I am looking forward to Sal as the main villain in 303. Papierwaite wasn't physically attractive enough for a good sam and max villain.

You think a giant cockroach is more attractive than Papierwhaite? Really? Giant cockroach.

Huh.
  • edited May 2010
    it is ironic
  • edited May 2010
    Calling it now: Suspects are Sal/Girl Stinky, Grandpa Stinky is the one who actually did it.
  • edited May 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    You think a giant cockroach is more attractive than Papierwhaite? Really? Giant cockroach.
    Psst...

Doodinthemood = Girl Stinky...
  • edited May 2010
    Would it be a possibility for Sam to take Max's body back to Skun-ka'pe's ship and place the brain in the tank into Max's skull?
  • edited May 2010
    I bet Grandpa Stinky is the one dating Girl Stinky.
  • edited May 2010
    wrong just wrong plus human
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    wrong just wrong plus human

Maybe he's
    a cake
    too?
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe he's
    a cake
    too?

Nah, he's the demon spawn of SCP.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, he is the lovechild of Stinky and Sal, send back in time to age there.

Now how he created his own mother as a cake, don't ask me (time paradoxes and all)...
  • edited May 2010
    Okay, ew much?
  • edited May 2010
    Not really speculation but I'd like to say I loved the 302 death scenes, it would be great if they return. As part of the game or just an added bonus if you use the future vision on certain objects.
  • edited May 2010
    stop to much head explode to grows
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Would it be a possibility for Sam to take Max's body back to Skun-ka'pe's ship and place the brain in the tank into Max's skull?

Sorry, but that brain is dead.
  • edited May 2010
    so it ha-set stop them before way now
  • edited May 2010
    By the way, can it be possible that Sal is actually Sal Manella somehow turned into a giant cockroach? The names match, and they're both into food industry.
  • edited May 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    By the way, can it be possible that Sal is actually Sal Manella somehow turned into a giant cockroach? The names match, and they're both into food industry.

Why does every inhuman monster have to mutated from something? Why can't Sal just be race of cockroach people? Like the Molemen! This racism of inhuman humanoids makes me sick!
  • edited May 2010
    Huh. I really need to get my hands on the animated series.

maxbrain.png
  • edited May 2010
    Why woudln't you be racist about humans? Don't you konw they come into your house at night and steal your lugg nuts while you sleep?
  • edited May 2010
    Sal is actually Gregor Samsa... Gregor Salsa?
  • edited May 2010
    OMG watched trailer again. I quote narrator:

Welcome my friends to MY playhouse of the bizarre

NARRATOR = DEVIL

Add this to the scenes at the end of 302...
  • edited May 2010
    He could be the Devil, but I think we should save that speculation for another Episode.
  • edited May 2010
    And we've already met Satan in episode 5 season 2.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes but the narrator could still be the devil mentioned in the title rather than Satan himself
  • edited May 2010
    "The Devil" can sometimes refer to an evil entity who acts as if he was an earth dwelling devil. Say, Yog-Soggoth. He's evil, he's demonic, and he wants to make all the people in the world join him.

The Narrator might be like that, or he is Yog-Soggoth. I put 5,000$ that he is.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe he's just changed his look. They sort of have similar voices come to think of it.
  • edited May 2010
    It's "The Devil's Playhouse" not "A Devil's Playhouse". The Devil, not a devil. Big difference between "the" and "a", just ask Kevin McDonald.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm gonna say that T.H.E.Y stole Max's brain, a shady organisation split off from T.H.E.M after the mariachi's ship was destroyed.
  • edited May 2010
    A few spoilers if you haven't played 301. When you press the button in the diner a tunnel appears down to the subway and at the opening you can find the power core. And where do you see Sal in the trailer? I predict that Girl Stinky and Sal stole the power core and hid it in the subway. And also Sam says that it will be a mystery for another episode. But you can also see Max upperwardly mobile when he saw Sal so maybe this is in another episode.
  • splash1 wrote: »
    "The Devil" can sometimes refer to an evil entity who acts as if he was an earth dwelling devil. Say, Yog-Soggoth. He's evil, he's demonic, and he wants to make all the people in the world join him.

Besides that, many places and things have a prefix of "The Devil's" or "Hell's" without having a direct connection to the actual Devil. Even if Satan is not the main villain in "The Devil's Playhouse" I can imagine The Devil's Toybox being named as such for its dark and frightening power, without actually knowing who created it.

Also, who wants to bet that the film reels and skeletons were just an elaborate distraction for whoever stole Max's brain? The presence of the notes, film reels, and the Astral Projector are never explained, and I doubt Telltale would leave that large of a plot hole in the episode without explanation. Besides that, the events of Sammun-Mak don't fulfill much of a purpose to the story, except as a backstory to the Toybox, and there isn't much proof that the film's events actually happened. If they could be changed by Max's ineffable aura, who's to say it wasn't altered by a third party before it was placed under the boiler room?
  • edited May 2010
    An episode doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the overall plot other than as a piece of background information. But if they are going towards more of a TMI approach it would seem the events of 202 may directly or indirectly effect the overall plot.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't think the events of episode 2 were fabricated. But someone must have placed the projector, the reels and the note ("There's a story behind this grisly tableau") in the cellar. So I agree it could have been a trap for Max.
  • edited May 2010
    I think the note might just be for the gag rather than someone having put it there...
  • edited May 2010
    time travel bay sam and max in over wards thay field it and put up the walls and mad the note
  • edited May 2010
    I agree with the bit about Gordon's brain being put into Max's body. The brain was out of commission before and revived, so I doubt Gordon is permanently deceased.

But I have a hunch Max will get his brain back in time for the final showdown. Maybe even a bit before!

Skun-ka'pe is definitely the primary villain. He did the same thing to Gordon, after all, and people in the first episode of Telltale games tend to return.
  • edited May 2010
    Skunk'ape...really?
    I think he was a pretty puny villain. When Max read his mind, he was hurting inside apparently. Yes, I think he will return but not as the main series villain...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.